[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0 6/28/james-gunn-pitched-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/28/james-gunn-pitched-power-pack-max-series-marvel-marvel-studios-nixed/

James Gunn Once Pitched A Power Pack MAX Series To Marvel, But “Marvel Studios Nixed It”

Posted by Jude Terror

But Power Pack almost had a different kind of revival back in 2009, according to Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. According to Gunn, he pitched Marvel an adult-oriented Power Pack MAX series back in 2009, and get this: Marvel was totally on board. Unfortunately, the series was “nixed,” according to Gunn, not by Marvel’s comic division, but by Marvel Studios.
>>
>>93516447
Great, I want fun adventures with the Power Pack back, not some edgy tryhard "mature" version of them, the rest of the comics already shit on the characters enough
>>
The fact that Marvel Studios has the ability to nix plans made by the comic division is disgusting and I hate it.
That said, as much as I like James Gunn, I don't like the sound of that idea at all.
>>
>>93516595
>as much as I like James Gunn
'sup, reddit
>>
>>93516595
Yeah this is kind of a mixed blessing.
>>
File: 220px-TromeoJulietPoster.jpg (38KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-TromeoJulietPoster.jpg
38KB, 220x326px
>>93516642
I hate reddit you pleb.
>>
>>93516447
>Power Pack MAX
Well, my opinion of James Gunn just took a pretty big hit.
>>
>>93516478
Doesn't get edgier than making Julie a lesbo 'actress'
>>
>>93516595
If only they good nix all of Marvel's shit.
>>
>>93516478
So do I....BUT stay away from Guri, she's busy being Gwen.
>>
>>93516595
They know better than Marvel though.
Hmm, I can't see how they'd care unless they had plans for Power Pack yet the last time anything was done with them was a brief cameo in Super Hero Squad Show. And before that the pilot from decades before.
>>
>>93516642
>Implying Super isnt 4chan as fuck
>>
>>93516447
Which would be worse James Gunn's Power Pack Max or Gabby Rivera's Lgbt Power Pack?
>>
Yeah, this sounds like Gunn.
>>
>>93517473
Rivera's no doubt. Nothing but LGBT shit with added salt of Julie's rainbow trail being used to symbolize it. Fairly she'd make both girls gay and write out the brothers.
>>
>>93517473
They're equally as damaging honestly.
>>
>>93517535
No, no, she'd also make the brothers gay. and they'd be gay for each other. Rivera wins an Eisner for this run.
>>
>>93516595
>The fact that Marvel Studios has the ability to nix plans made by the comic division is disgusting and I hate it.
I agree. What the fuck? What's the point of having a comic division then? This new revelation is gonna make me question everything I believed about the shit state of current comics. Just how many of the shit decisions were actually influenced by Marvel Studios?
>>
>>93517389
They were trying to work on one, back in 2007. But I think they eventually changed their minds once they had more of the MCU in mind.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/336309/marvel-working-on-power-pack-movie

And remember that Ennis' first Fury miniseries may have torpedoed a film deal with George Clooney.
>>
>>93516447
>2/2 To elaborate: It was an alt Universe story & the Pack was in their teens/early 20s & they were all very screwed up from their childhoods

... So, basically their modern incarnations with more teen sex and swearing, and probably drug abuse. I'm glad to see this got shot down.

Although it's disconcerting to have it confirmed how much power the film division has over the comic division...
>>
>>93518136
Additionally, a lot of Hollywood folks got pissed with Marvel when they announced their "Princess Di comes back to life in X-Statix" arc and Avi Arad had to tell them to change the story if they wanted any more movies made.
>>
>>93516447
>Although it's disconcerting to have it confirmed how much power the film division has over the comic division...

They bring in the bucks ... though I guess that means the merch dept. should probably have the most say.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.