[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Calvin work as an annoying jerk when many other 'childish/immature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Why does Calvin work as an annoying jerk when many other 'childish/immature characters' in /co/ are just unlikable assholes?
>>
Because there's more to him than just that. Yes he can be a little shit, but a) he doesn't do it out of malice, and b) he's not always a brat.
>>
Because him being a jerk followed by a waaaaacky grin isn't typically the punchline
>>
>>93513937
He's often a jerk but he never goes far with it because most of it is only verbal and if he does do something really bad then he really regrets it afterwards and tries to make amends.
>>
Because he's a kid.

Children always have sociopathic tendencies because the pathways in the brain that facilitate social behavior haven't fully developed until you're 6.

Hence why being a dick as a child is funny, and being a dick as an adult is a problem.
>>
Whats honestly the worst thing he's done? Not eat his dinner? Cover the driveway with snow?
>>
>>93514184
He wrecked the car once.
>>
>>93513937
Because we also see his good side too, and because when he does bad things he almost always gets punished for it.
>>
His actions have consequences and we're supposed to empathize with the people he annoys.

Bad "jerk" characters get what they want all the time and are expected to be unconditionally loved without a display of positive traits.
>>
>>93514184
Pee on stuff.
>>
>>93514184
He knocked out Suzie Derkins's eyeball
>>
>>93514184
The most damaging thing he ever did was break the binoculars which cost 500 dollars.
>>
>>93514184
Impregnate his babysitter.
>>
>>93514254
Chevrolet will never recover
>>
>>93514211
There wasn't any damage and his Mom didn't even ground him for it. It was an accident.
>>
>>93514184
The noodle incident.
>>
>>93514424
You can't prove he did that.
>>
>>93514424
>>93514453
What is the noodle incident
>>
>>93514424

oh come on! Don't bring slander into a conversation about Calvin and Hobbes
>>
>>93514496
We don't talk about it.
>>
>>93514496

Probably the darkest that Calvin and Hobbes ever got

I always thought it was over the line.
>>
>>93514496
If you're genuinely asking(which means you've never read the comic, which you should. Like right now), there's a running gag where the characters mention a "Noodle Incident" which is only mentioned, and never explained. It can be assumed Calvin did something and there was grief for everyone involved.
>>
>>93513937
because he's so much like us.
>>
File: dont sneeze.jpg (164KB, 893x297px) Image search: [Google]
dont sneeze.jpg
164KB, 893x297px
>>93514269
I always liked that one.
>>
>>93514496
Leave this thread right now.

>>93514687
>"dropped it"
>>
>>93514184
I put my money on locking the babysitter out of the house.
>>
>>93514613
Thank you for showing me the way
>>
>>93514184
Didn't he skip school one time? I vaguely remember something like that. If not, probably his antics with Rosalyn. Really, most of his stuff was harmless in the end. Half of his jerk moments were with Hobbes.
>>
>>93513937
A genuine sense of wonder and whimsy
>>
>>93514184
he flooded the house once

>>93514261
kek
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.