[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How id the Captain Underpants film turn out? Didn't see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: bweb.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bweb.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
How id the Captain Underpants film turn out? Didn't see it yet but I really enjoyed the books and the humor they had. Movie keep the same type of humor and spirit or was it trash?
>>
>>93512668
It was alright and the art and animation was great. Recommend if you enjoy the books
>>
>>93512668
>but I really enjoyed the books and the humor they had
You're going to love the movie. Go out to a theater and see it when you can.
>>
They did a good job
>>
does it still have a chance to beat Wonder Woman
>>
was that made by the studio who did CGI Asterix?
>>
In what direction are they looking?
>>
This was my first exposure to anything Captain Underpants related.

Poopypants was the best character by far.

Also he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>93513643
I don't understand why this meme was even started. The people who decided to release this movie the same time as a major superhero movie wanted it to fail. Feels bad, Dav Pilkey
>>
>>93514132
To be fair, DC hadn't been performing the best with their recent movies.
Based on data trends, it seemed like a safe bet.
>>
>>93514132

maybe it wont be box office hit, but having a movie based on your own creation, must feel frekaing awesome. especially when you supervised it!

how many people had such luck?
>>
>>93514169
That wasn't a safe bet at all. Suicide Squad's failure wasn't gonna be enough to make people wanna see a toilet humor-based kids movie instead of a superhero movie with an inspiring female lead. Most people can't even tell it's not a Marvel movie.
>>
>>93514216
There was a comic he made for the art book that was really sweet. Anybody have it?
>>
File: Beautiful1.jpg (589KB, 1280x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful1.jpg
589KB, 1280x1171px
1/3
>>
File: Beautiful2.jpg (550KB, 1244x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful2.jpg
550KB, 1244x1280px
2/3
>>
File: Beautiful3.jpg (505KB, 1280x1183px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful3.jpg
505KB, 1280x1183px
3/3
>>
>>93514344
>>93514353
>>93514362
my emotions
>>
My mom used to read it to me when I was little so I took her to see it yesterday
Better than most of the usual stuff they call "animation" these days
>>
would be nice if they released it outside the US
>>
>>93514132
>>93514169
It didn't fail, it did pretty well considering how cheaply they made it.

>Budget $38 million
>Box office $71.9 million
>>
>>93514447

>poland
>21st july

of course it's going to be dubbed, but what can we do, it's a kids movie.
>>
I have a feeling most of the people who watched the movie were adults who grew up reading the comics.
>>
>>93514447
It will be released outside of the US. Britbongistan is sheudled for 28th July, Germany for 19th October.
>>
>>93514344
>>93514353
>>93514362
good on you Pilkey, and good on you Dreamworks
>>
>>93512668
Definitely just as much silly fun as the books were. I feel they made Poopypants a bit less interesting than his book counterpart but that was my only real complaint.

Yes it ends on a "here we go again"
>>
I saw it. Not a perfect film but the art was beautiful and it was a nostalgatrip
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.