[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do cartoon characters move their arms back and forth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1493830633443.jpg (88KB, 1192x856px) Image search: [Google]
1493830633443.jpg
88KB, 1192x856px
Why do cartoon characters move their arms back and forth when they walk?
>>
>>93511533
So you're telling me that when you walk your arms are stiff and don't do anything?
>>
>>93511533
Do you... not... do that? Wha...?
>>
>>93511533
Because they have normie disease.
>>
>>93511533
Because they're humans.

They over exaggerate it to take your mind off of the fact that their leg animations are shit/non-existent because it's really hard to animate a natural gait.
>>
Do you not? I think it's a balance thing or vestigal instinct from walking with four legs, but probably the former
>>
>>93511533
Because if you don't move them you look like you had gorilla arms.
>>
Why do you keep posting that same image?
>>
For some reason normies move in such a way that they always look alive as if to validate their existence. Refined people such as myself keep my entire torso, arms, and head completely still while my legs do the transporting. That's what they're for. You should be able to look at my body above my legs and wonder if I'm standing on an airport automated walkway.
>>
>>93511533
Cartoons are all about exaggeration.
>>
File: 1498562145904.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498562145904.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>Actually observe people walking
>they only move their whole arms when they're in a hurried strut, but if they're walking normally, they only move their shoulders back and forth. Especially women, but men do it as well in a more subdued manner

Why can't animators actually observe the things they're animating?
>>
why does my balls waggle back in forth when i walk

Let us take a closer look, and see if we can shed some light on one of life's biggest questions
>>
File: 1498603146784.jpg (882KB, 1684x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1498603146784.jpg
882KB, 1684x1194px
>the mouth is over animated even though when people irl talk the actual amount of visible mouth shapes is a lot more simple
>they spend a ton of time on it at the expense of body language accents, which are the most important part

Literally every western show does this and it's horrible.

Anime niggas are the only oned that understand that mouth flaps with body motion is the better option
>>
>>93511533
Why is there always an OP with an image of a referee woman on this board asking absolutely retarded questions?
>>
File: 1498647046311.gif (4MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498647046311.gif
4MB, 500x600px
>no ease in
>no ease out
>people talking about timing when they mean spacing
>stiff pose to pose animation, but simplified designs instead of aesthetically pleasing intricate designs
>using off model art as humor, instead of making character models versatile enough to stretch out and make those kinds of poses naturally
>the character model sheets are practically ignored anyway
>bauhaus design principles instead of naturalist design principles
>>
It's interesting to look at.
>>
>>93511533
Because they're Italian?
>>
File: Mario_luigi_jump.jpg (163KB, 1280x1347px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_luigi_jump.jpg
163KB, 1280x1347px
>>93513290
Guess it makes sense now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.