[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Former Marvel president and chairman Stan Lee openly criticized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 2869532-fury_max_009_000.jpg (59KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
2869532-fury_max_009_000.jpg
59KB, 416x640px
>Former Marvel president and chairman Stan Lee openly criticized the Max imprint. Referring to the 2001 Fury miniseries, based on the character Nick Fury, who he co-created, Lee said, "I don't know why they're doing that. I don't think that I would do those kinds of stories."

What was so bad in it? Just curious since Lee rarely criticizes Marvel.
>>
It's a war story that's r-rated, not capes
>>
>>93507247
It was a good story, but the tone was very bleak and brutally violent. Stan has some pretty classic sensibilities when it comes to stories in comics, and regardless of quality, stuff like this isn't all that compatible with his views on what they should be.
>>
>>93507247
Who the fuck cares about what this piece of shit has to say?
>>
>>93507318
This is what I was thinking. Was just wondering if there was something that really crossed a line for everyone.
>>
>>93507247
>I don't think that I would do those kinds of stories.

I don't think that you would do any kinds of stories, you spotlight-stealing cunt.
>>
>>93507247
he probably thought it was wayyyy too dark for marvel.

that and i don't think it was very good, punisher max was better. i thought the fury stories where, idk lacking a point. they where bleak as fuck and when i finished i was like wow there was no reason to read that at all. like i got it war sucks and soldier does fucked up things. punisher was more entertaining and made those points better. imo

max line had some really bad titles, i remember war machine was terrible, and i think DD was good too. in fact i think that's when that great run started for him.
>>
>>93507247
The mini -series ended with Fury choking the bad guy with his own intestines. It was a very violent, gore filled, black humor book from Ennis. Cruder than his subsequent MAX work.
>>
File: double_edger.png (101KB, 813x809px) Image search: [Google]
double_edger.png
101KB, 813x809px
>>93507341
>Who the fuck cares about what this piece of shit has to say?
>>
The first two Fury Max series are much different from My War Gone By. A lot cruder and generally not good.
>>
>>93507357
OP has the wrong cover. It was the earlier Ennis one.

>>93507278
The howling commandos weren't cape stories either. But Ennis's would have been an EC comic back then.
>>
That first Ennis Fury book has caused Marvel nothing but trouble. The Fury movie was canceled because they gave it to George Clooney to prepare for the role and he thought it was disgusting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.