[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not a grimdark edgy Snyderfest >Not a "haha isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: ww-1sht.jpg (1MB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
ww-1sht.jpg
1MB, 900x1333px
>Not a grimdark edgy Snyderfest
>Not a "haha isn't this silly and dumb?" memefest like the MCU

Does Wonder Woman have the perfect tone for capeshit?
>>
>>93499186
Her ass does.
>>
>>93499208
What ass?
>>
File: Orion don't give a shit..png (810KB, 620x849px) Image search: [Google]
Orion don't give a shit..png
810KB, 620x849px
>>93499247
her comic ass, just ask orion
>>
>>93499186
Pretty much. I really felt like I was going on an emotional journey with the character. The ending was so sad, omg. Wonder Woman is a tragic superhero.
>>
>>93499186
yes. the Cap films have a similar tone, too, which explains their success.
>>
>>93499545
>>
>>93499566
regardless of what you thought about Civil War and how memes and the internet has turned your ability to assess a film into a joke, Civil War still made over a billion, bud. So yeah, its a success.
>>
>>93499636
Transformers makes billions with every movie. What's your point shill?
>>
>>93499186
Batman Begins has the perfect tone for good cape movies. It's dark but still able to crack jokes at itself every now and then
>>
>>93499636
My only major complaint in regards to that aspect is that the whole airport fight scene sticks out like a sore thumb. Throughout the rest of the film, you have people being brutally executed and drowned as well as tons of 9-11 imagery, but half-way through all of that comes to a screeching halt for an extended action set-piece comprised entirely of snarky quips and "wasn't that cool?" moments.
>>
>>93499688
my point is what exactly do you consider successful? if you it meets your specific standards?
>>
>>93499766
I don't get this complaint. If there wasn't some huge battle between the factions then everyone would complain it wasn't "war" like enough for the title. And even though everyone here loves to join contraction meme-war bandwaggons, I'm pretty sure everyone here thought Giant Man was pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>93499186
Just like Spiderman 2
>>
I feel like Iron Man 1 was the same way, but it lead to the mess of samey, made-by-committee horseshit we have now, so I see the future DC films going the same way in an attempt to ape the success of WW.
>>
>>93499545
Too bad Wonder Woman did it first. World War 1 made World War 2 look like a street fight.
>>
Yes. The tone is the same as the GOAT Spider-Man 2's.
>>
>>93499186
It was different from Snyder and closer to classic capeshit that MCU never abandoned but is more dark than the avarege marvel movie like post traumatic problems and soldiers slowly dying.
>>
>>93499752
Batman begins tone don't work on most heroes, not all superheroes are the same some are dark(batman,aredevil,punisher) while others more light hearted(spiderman,flash)
>>
File: 1498617099555-1.png (100KB, 302x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498617099555-1.png
100KB, 302x240px
>>93499319
>>
>>93500824
Spider-Man is definitely not lighthearted. It's been a drama with tragic elements since issue 1.
>>
>>93500924

beautiful
>>
>>93499186
Terrible ending ruined it.
>>
>literal dick jokes
ok
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (122KB, 614x446px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
122KB, 614x446px
>>93499319
jesus fucken christ Orion. Someone post the inevitable reaction please
>>
pacing was fucked and the characters weren't interesting. Spider-Man 2 is still the GOAT
>>
>>93499186
>That mask won't help them
>They don't know that
>*hearty laughter*

This was great. I love to see a villain having this much fun.
>>
>>93501551
Except it didn't make sense for the general to be so giddy if he wasn't Ares
>>
>>93499636
CW made a billion with RDJ and the movie essentially being a Avengers movie rather than a mere "captain america 3"
>>
>>93501573
He was a man who wanted to watch the world burn. You don't need to be possessed by a God of War to have that feeling.
>>
>>93501573
>Why was he so evil if he wasn't possessed by Ares?

how's life off paradise island been treating you?
>>
>>93501631
Except that wasn't shown at all aside from a singular scene. Also he is killing his countrymen and how is it that the very important point that all of the other generals fucking died to a gas not explored in the movie? He was barely a character, he was a plot device so that the treaty wouldn't be signed (even though Ares wanted the treaty to be signed to ignite WW2?)
>>
Why did she hide in France for 100 years? Why was Ares so goddamn boring?

It was at best on par with Ant-Man. It's not really that good, it's just expectations were so low.
>>
yes
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.