[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just read all of the Rebirth issues of Batman. They really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2849.jpg (58KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2849.jpg
58KB, 600x922px
So I just read all of the Rebirth issues of Batman. They really made it obvious that Duke will be taking over as Batman soon.
>>
The fucking day when Bruce FUCKING Wayne retires the role of THE GOD DAMN BATMAN TO A FUCKING NI
>>
Haven't they talked about how Bruce doesn't want Duke to be Batman or Robin or anything? Seems he's training him to be a different kind of hero independent of him.
>>
>>93497189

Duke is going to be the Prowler of the DC universe. The black hero that's closely tied to the most popular hero and fades into obscurity the second he moves out on his own.

Taking Winick off of Batwing was the biggest mistake of the New 52.
>>
>>93497342
Yes. OP has no reading comprehension.
>>
>>93497189
So I just read all of the Rebirth issues of Batman. They really made it obvious that no one gives a fuck about Duke
>>
>>93497491

so orpheus 2.0 then
>>
>>93497517
kek I was going to say, he's literally just describing Orpheus. Is Orpheus even officially dead, or did he just get completely forgotten about?
>>
>>93497548
He's dead, Black Mask killed him i think
>>
>>93497189
Probably not soon, he's still young
>>
>>93497505
That doesn't mean they won't do it
>>93497494
Nah they are making him more prominent, gave him a more bat inspired costume instead of the generic Robin from We Wuz Robin and now with the button and the proposal Bruce seems like he is going to call it quits.
Rebirth and issue #1 having Duke the only sidekick present makes it clear where this is going.

They will ignore Batwing and make this all about the First Black Batman
>>
>>93497859
Yeah! Im sure he'll gain momentum just like Harper Row di-...oh wait
>>
I hope not, Morrison did it and Snyder did it. It'd become a cliche at this point if that's all the next writers are planning on doing.
>>
Snyder's Batman is so monomaniacally obsessed with being Batman that, instead of passing the legacy down to any of his disciples, he fucking makes a nightmare machine that grows an endless chain of clones imprinted with his memories. That's what Snyder showed in his legacy story in nu52 Detective Comics #27, and recently Alfred confirmed in All-Star Batman that present-day Bats is working on this system.

We'll see how Tom King's marriage arc affects things, but Snyder's Batman is explicitly one who'd rather create a bunch of unnatural copies of himself to suffer than trust somebody else.
>>
>Duke will be taking over as Batman soon.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>>93499034
That's an interesting direction to take the character in.
>>
It would be hilarious to see DC absolutely tank Batman's sales like that. Take the most consistent highest selling book and just drop the sales in the gutter.
>>
>>93497189
Except y'know, the part where Batman made Dick promise he'd take the mantle if Bruce died and it's the same damn writer. Read some Grayson pleb.
>>
>>93499135
They won't have Dickbats again so soon

>>93499076
I'm not saying it will last very long but it's going to happen and you won't be laughing
>>
>>93500077
Quit bumping your shit thread, faggot
>>
>>93500125
Yeah we wouldn't want a shit thread on /co/
>>
>>93497189
>Azreal
>Dick
>Jason
>Gordon
>Batwing
Yea totally, that'll last.
>>
>>93497189
That's the feeling I've got also. It was probably not a coincidence either that the main book has a flashback arc going on atm.
The only thing giving me hope is that they have replaced Doyle as the main editor and canceled All Star, hopefully someone's subtly doing in this storyline.
>>
>>93501719
Who's the main editor now?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.