[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0 6/26/neil-marshall-can-t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: HellboyMignola.jpg (72KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
HellboyMignola.jpg
72KB, 600x700px
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26/neil-marshall-can-take-off-cuffs-r-rated-hellboy-reboot/
>>
File: nimue.jpg (242KB, 836x1109px) Image search: [Google]
nimue.jpg
242KB, 836x1109px
How do you think they're going to handle her?
>>
So how do you think this will go? Seems to be a straight up adaptation of Storm and Fury.
>>
Are they brave enough to handle the surreal way Hellboy is accepted as normal in his world?
>>
Will it include drinking with skeletons?
>>
>>93493600
I hope that at least it will start with some background from "The corpse" and the first volumes, specially with "Wake the devil" (since that's where all the vampire stuff begins); if they go straight to Storm and Fury trilogy I'm gonna kill someone.
Gruagach and the other fey must be in, along with Hecate and Giurescu. I don't think they're going to include characters like Baba Yaga, Bog Roosh or Astaroth, since they come from other stuff that's no way going to make it into a coherent movie trilogy. There's just too much material to mention. Alice must be in, together with BPRD team, and they will have to present the Ogdru Jahad to make sense of everything else.

>>93493548
I hope just like in the comics. They can't change anything of her if all this madness is to make some sense. My greatest fear is them making her a sympathetic villain some way; that would ruin all the power thirst motivation to sell herself to the Ogdru Jahad we saw in the comics.
>>
>>93493135
I really don't think hellboy translates well to other media.

not to say it will be bad I just can't ever see hellboy translating over keeping the tone to any other form of media
>>
>R rated

besides the occasional brpd fodder getting eaten in a book that hellboy doesn't even star in, there's was never that much gore in the hellboy books. there's spooks and death but very little human blood and entrails.
>>
>>93495253
>Replace all "son of a..." in the series with "FUCK!!"
>>
>>93493600
If they were going to adapt a single story, I'd want it to be Conqueror Worm.
I always thought that was one of the best jumping off points for the HellBoy universe.
>>
>>93493610
I sure fucking hope so. That was probably my biggest gripe with the previous movies.
>>
>>93495253
There's been some gore. I remember the Wolves of Saint August where William Grenier tears his skin apart, I don't think you could've done that in a PG-13 setting.

Really hoping this movie does well.
>>
>>93496588
I hope they don't change the "son of a.." and I hope there is at least one scene with a monkey
>>
>>93496632
Personal favourite might be the one with Count "he's got a gun" Guarino, not least because of Bromhead. Love the guy...sad he didn't appear after he was killed by HB.
>>
>>93496675
If the movie is properly made I expect it to be kind of a soft R for the most part. The rating more than anything gives them freedom. If there IS a shockingly gory scene they don't have to cut it out or dance around it.

I don't expect Hellboy to do heavy cursing. His "shoot!" and "geez!" bits are part of his charm.
>>
>>93493548
I still hope the title of the movie refers more to Hecate than Nimue. Not that i don't love The Storm and The Fury, but it's an odd place to start a new film series.
>>
So no pussy whipped sad sack Hellboy?
I'm in.
>>
>>93495022
That's way too much for anyone to adapt, and frankly there's a lot of chaff that isnt needed.
>>
>>93496743
Yeah, I agree. The R-rating just means they don't have to censor something they want.
>>
>>93495022
it'd be cool if they compressed a short story into an Indiana Jones-esque opening adventure before the main story starts
>>
it should be R rated the way Mad Max Fury Road is R rated
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.