[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matt Reeves Wants To Make "Noir Driven, Detective Version"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 12

File: matt-reeves-ben-affleck-batman.jpg (66KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
matt-reeves-ben-affleck-batman.jpg
66KB, 446x299px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx5uO-DLBDs
>>
>Batman but the soundtrack is all jazz
>>
>noir
>detective batman
Sold
>>
>>93491420
Good but casuals won't like it because it doesn't have "muh rogues gallery!"
>>
>>93491420

So he wants to make Batman.

This is sadly novel.
>>
base it off City of Crime or Dark Knight, Dark City
>>
>>93491420
>all these questions about Batman when he's trying to promote Apes
Dropping out by July 13th

screencap this
>>
>>93491420
Fuck it, got nothing better going on.
>>
I hope this convinces any guy with money to do a The Question movie or series in lieu of another Gotham TV cluster fuck.
>>
>>93491420
>"Noir Driven, Detective Version"

Sounds like pretentious shit
>>
>>93491449
Why not? It might not have the super powered rogues like Poison Ivy or Mr.Freeze, but most of Batman's rogues are just guys with some form of dis-figuration much like Dick Tracy. The Joker, Two-Face and The Penguin all fit perfectly within the comic book noir setting.
>>
>>93491560
DC in a nutshell
>>
Isn't that just the Nolan movies?
Not to mention it's too late. This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.
Having said that if they decide to retcon the shit out of it, maybe, just maybe, we could do Long Halloween again. I'd have liked to have seen Riddler but we essentially got that already.
>>
>>93491560
So, Batman?
The noir driven, detective part, not the pretentious.
Well, Batman's kinda pretentious too, but it's a cape-comic, so it's fine.
>>
>>93491420
We've beaten the grimdark Batman into the ground at this point. The fact that Affleck isn't playing him like that is the only positive thing I'll say about him.

We've had campy Batman. We've had edgy psycho Batman. I guess if you went full retro with it then you could make a quasi-unique interpretation on film but detective shit is usually boring as fuck because its full of (literally) 100 year-old tropes that are so far past cliche that its conceivable someone could mistake them as novel.

We'll see. It's obviously well past time for them to let the franchise cool for a while but it's not like anyone in Hollywood would ever do such a thing to a blockbuster property that might still have legs on it in terms of box office revenue.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (38KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
38KB, 500x334px
>>93491420
Based Reeves
>>
rrrnnngh detect'a bertMERN!!!
>>
>>93491674
if he were based he wouldn't have joined the titanic of cinematic universes
>>
>>93491606
Thing about the Nolan movies is that while quite a bit was hidden, quite a lot had to be shown too so we knew what Ra's, Scarecrow, Joker and Bane were up to.

I imagine, and this is just purely my imagination speculating, if someone were doing a proper detective movie you wouldn't show the viewer the answers beforehand, there'd be a case overview sure enough to give a general idea of what's suspected so we wouldn't be left totally in the dark, but the viewer would have to piece together the truth of what happened and is about to happen for themselves.

If that doesn't explain it then just think of an episode of the Mentalist except with even more unchecked vigilantism and gadgets.
>>
>>93491420
>Noir Driven, Detective Version of Batman
Oh baby
>>
I really hope WB have learnt their lesson and won't try to meddle so much.
>>
File: 1371076184240.png (40KB, 130x132px) Image search: [Google]
1371076184240.png
40KB, 130x132px
>Batman
>Detective
"Let me batgoogle it on my batcomputer!"
"Ah, of course, the Joker was the killer!"
>>
>>93491420
So the shadow.
>>
Anyway you look at it, it'll be disappointing if it isn't an Arkham series adaptation.
>>
>>93491420
he's seen our threads, /co/. Good. I've personally been demanding noir bats since nolan fucked off.

Now if only they could period piece this shit during the height of the Commission era mob we'd be in business.
>>
>>93491569
People want something like Arkham Asylum with a ton of crazy super powered villains like Ivy, Freeze, etc.

A mystery noir movie doesn't fall in line with that idea.
>>
>>93491420
Between this and comparing Batman to fucking CAESAR it's clear if he doesn't drop out it's gonna be another trademark DC mess
>>
>>93491974
That game was 50% detective mode though. I creepy atmospheric digital museum of Batman villains is too good not to adapt.
>>
I really want a Raid style real-time movie of Batman tearing through Arkham after everyone escapes their cells. It will never happen and quite possibly wouldn't even work but a man can dream.
>>
>>93491606
Well, Nolan's Batman didn't really do any detective work. He relied heavily on Alfred and the computer for that.

There were points even where Baleman made some pretty fucking dumb decisions that could have been easily avoided by doing some detective work (or a better script)
>>
>>93491420
Let the guy be,hope Wb don't try to push batman on roids punching people on him.
>>
>>93491606
You Nolan fans are such insufferable faggots. They didn't do The Long Halloween they barely adapted it. Dent, Gordon and Bats working together was where the similarities ended.
>>
File: IMG_9736.jpg (37KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9736.jpg
37KB, 600x336px
>>93491420
Not going to work because Geoff "I hate Batman more than Adolf Hitler" Johns and Ben "Muh Alcohol" Affleck already made Deathstroke the main villain of the new shitty Batman film.

Noir doesn't work with the shitty script Johns made with Deathstroke.

It doesn't help that WB is run by retards and want to sabotage the Batman movie to push Deathstroke.

It's going to be a bigger mess than Batman and Robin.

Screencap this.
>>
>>93492238
>Already made Deathstroke the main villain of the new shitty Batman film.

Because the faggot did a screen test? That shit hit the garbage bin when bin afleqi's movie flopped. Why do you think they're using a Johns script?
>>
>>93491794
See>>93492238
They are using the Batman movie to shill Deathstroke
>>93491928
It will be more Arkham Origins. Lots of Drathstroke and Joker. Because people just loved Arkham Origins.
>>
>>93492308
Well I did. But only for the Joker/Bat/Harley relationship sequence that can't be done in this stupid time jumpass juggalo universe.
>>
>>93492286
Because they still want to shill Deathstroke so they can shill his spin-off movie. WB doesn't care about quality, just quantity. It's why they are pushing for Harley in the Sirens movie. They want Deathstroke in Batman's so they can set him up in his own spin-off. Except it won't happen because when the Batman movie is shit, the Deathstroke movie will be shitcanned. And Batman reputations will be ruined further. All because they care more about Shilling Deathstroke instead of making a good Batman movie first.
>>
>>93492308
See>>93492286
All of that was before the script was thrown out (pretty sure we even found out they had no script) and before JL even finished filming. That script/movie isn't being made. Reeves wasn't even a name (in regards to the movie) at that point.
>>
>>93491711
We're not talking about the Universal Monster universe anon.
>>
>>93492375
And WB still wants the Deathsroke in the movie to set-up his movie. And Johns is a Yesman and hates Batman and likes Deathsroke.

They will chase Reeves away (AGAIN).
>>
>>93491420
you mean Batman might actually do real detective work rather than just punch stuff?
>>
>>93492468
No. See >>93492238

He's going to punch Deathstroke.

Because Johns and Affleck are hacks.

And WB wants to push Slade.
>>
>>93492500
Reeves threw out the the script when he was hired. He said a couple a weeks ago he's starting from the beginning.
>>
>>93492524
Screencap my posts, anon.

And when the movie comes out, you will see how wrong you are........
>>
>>93492425
Literally nobody gives a fuck about deathstroke. Why would they want to push him?

And Why do you think they do? Rumor was Affleqi leaked the test footage so people would get hype on Slade and the studio would use his script which had him in it. Affleqi's movie bombing, after BvS and SS were panned, lead to him dropping out as director and that script (which had reportedly not even been written) was forgotten.
>>
Dude yes
>>
>>93492238
>>93492308
>>93492372

Ohhhhh now I see what this is. Marvel shills are starting rumors because they don't like the MJ talk around here. So now it's make bullshit up time.
>>
>>93492580
For spin-offs, anon.

They need to shill Slade in Batman so he can get his own movie!!! Even if it fucking kills the Batman movie and damages his rep.

WB is it run by smart people. And Johns doesn't care because he hates Batman.

At least they still have Wonder Woman....
>>
>>93492610
I hate Black MJ. But Marvel Studios can do whatever they want because they've earned it.

WB/Johns is going to destroy the Batman movie with Deathsroke.
>>
>>93492581
Dude no
See >>93492500 >>93492238
>>
>>93491923
The Shadow movie could have used a lot more of these elements itself.
And the character is more of a spy and executioner than a detective.
>>
>>93492691
There's no reason you can't have an interesting detective story and Deathstroke.
>>
>>93492724
Deathsroke does not work as a Batman villain and is a horrible choice for a first villain.
>>
No release date yet?
>>
>>93492723
Because WB is dumb and Johns has never read a Batman book in his life.

Hush would be great for normies. Almost anything would be better than Deathsroke or Red Hood.
>>
File: 99128825.jpg (26KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
99128825.jpg
26KB, 640x358px
>>93491420
Yes, please
>>
>>93491923
Gee... who ever would have thought Batman would be similar to the shadow...
>>
>>93491928
fucking hell /co/ is a fucking embarrassment.
>>
>>93492756
But he's not the first villain. This is an older Batman who's dealt with a huge selection of villain in the past.
>>
>>93491606
>The Nolan Movies
> detective work
Hahahahahahahah
>>
>>93492819
The Arkham series is the best adaptation of an entire canon condensed into 4 small units. Fuck you.
>>
>>93492723
because even normies have wised up to the fact that hush is irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>93491994
Like Wonder Woman

Oh wait...
>>
>>93492829
For Batman's first standalone movie in the DCEU, Deathsroke is a shitty choice for a first villain and he offers no good stories.

There are hundreds of stories you could do with other villains like the Riddler, Ckayface, Mr Freeze, or Penguin.

Instead they go with shilling Deathsroke.
>>
>>93492893
Wonder Woman didn't have Deathsroke.
>>
>>93492886
The art was nice and it was amazing if you compare it to the usual Jim Lee.

>>93492908
Christ go back to fucking BTAS
>>
>>93492723
>Matt Damon
>Playing anyone other than Guy Gardner
>>
>>93492852
and? Why does that mean it would work as an even more condensed 2 hour movie with no interaction at all?

Stupid fucking comments rampant on /co/ today
>>
>>93492968
>older Batman
>Joker, Harley, and other B-man villains already DCEU established
>Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow all widely known to audiences from the recent trilogy
>aside from Wonder Woman, WB needs focus specifically on the best part of BvS

They would be stupid not to.
>>
>>93492939
They should have borrowed more from BTAS then using Deathsroke.
>>
>>93491606
detective batman is essentially just batman sitting in front of the bat computer and brooding
Noir Batman in the style of sin city sounds interesting though
>>
>>93493196
Noir detective can work. More getting clues from crime scenes and questioning criminals, than hacking into systems.
>>
>>93492286
No.
Because Johns literally give him a bunch of deathstroke comics and only one batman comic.

Batman Earth one.

That's how Johns is, that's all what the actor playing deathstroke needs to learn about batman according to Johns, his own interpretation of the character. He will be the consultant. Anyway Johns script was rejected and was one of the reasons the movie is coming late.
>>
>>93493013
>>aside from Wonder Woman, WB needs focus specifically on the best part of BvS

Also I get the other points but those don't make an Arkham series adaptation necessary. It's literally the status quo they have in the comics now.

The reason the arkham games seem like they have a good story is your sinking time in and participating. Widdling those plots to the 2 hour basics exposes them for how simple and dumb they are. I mean think. Most of the game is beating up mooks in different spaces and with different parameters.

That gets very repetitive on screen. Any more than a few fight scenes and unless they're splurging on multiple choreographers and cinematographers (they aren't for more reasons than money) the fights end up looking visually similar and indistinguishable. Its why Black Widow does the thighs around the neck spin takedown every time (and Cap movies have had some decent fight work)

For a movie you need a very self contained story. This a problem with recent CBMS because of their "world building" which doesn't build characters or worlds sufficiently. While I shat on Hush above, it can be wittled down better than a 20 hour video game, almost 100 hour series, to a very self-contained DCEU friendly story. And it would be easy to make it a character piece for bruce and thomas alike.
>>
>>93493388
read other responses before this. Johns has no confirmed place in the creation of batman and Reeves through that garbage never-written script in the trash.

I literally don't give a fuck what Johns sent to Raimi's Flash.
>>
>>93493196
>detective batman is essentially just batman sitting in front of the bat computer and brooding
You don't read much batman that came out before Scott Snyder do you?
>>
This is the reading material Johns gave to the desthstroke actor.

Notice the only batman story he gave to him. Truly an expert on batman, he will be the consultant, forget about the. Martial artist batman that we saw in Bvs, batman will be a shitty detective just like in any other movie but also will be a shitty fighter and not a genius at all, just like Johns likes it.
>>
>>93491420
F I N A L L Y
>>
>>93493530
faggot. read >>93493486.
>>
>>93492236
They adapted it as closely as Snyder adapted anything Superman related, so we're gonna have to assume that's what we'll get\
>>
>>93492908
>Riddler
A lot of people still perceive Riddler as a joke
And besides, why would you want Riddler in this ultra grimdark crap if you know they are going to just make him a discount Joker ?
>Clayface
Too obscure for normies.
I would love a Clayface movie that involved Batman looking for a Thing-esque monster disguising himself as ordinary people but that's not happening
>Mr.Freeze
I can't think of any reason they shouldn't use him apart from the possibility that they would do something stupid like adapt his retconned New 52 backstory.
>Penguin
Similar status to Riddler. WB is probably afraid of including a villain who doesn't pose a physical threat to Batgod.
And I sure hope he's not played by fucking Josh Gad.

I think all of these villains would be better choices than Deathstroke, don't get me wrong. I'm just pointing out reasons why they might be left out.
Deathstroke has nothing holding him back, he's fairly popular, and they might even want to do a spin-off movie with him.
>>
>>93491449
Just shut the fuck up. You are clearly a shit person. Look in the mirror, be honest with yourself, and figure it the fuck out. Or be alone your whole life. No sweat off my sack
>>
>>93493597
What does Snyder's superman have to do with Reeve's still unwritten Batman?
>>
>>93491606
No? Nolan movies were more like thrillers
>>
>>93493604
Josh Gad is literally already cast as Penguin for something. I would assume this.
>>
A detective noir staring Batman searching for Slade Wilson? I'm sold.
>>
>>93491840
t. never read a bat comic in his life
>>
>>93491606
>This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.
He's not anymore. Character change throughout the movies. Happen to Bruce throughout the nolan movies too and casuals didn't care.
>>
>>93493646
I think it's just something he made to try and build hype so he would cast, like how Drake Bell did with Robin recently or Ron Perlman's been doing with Cable.
I don't put it past DC to cast him but I'm just hoping they don't.
>>
>Noir Driven, Detective Version

Yea just like Captain America is a "political thriller" and Ant-Man is a "heist" movie and Doctor Strange is a "psychedelic" movie right?

Capeshit is capeshit.
>>
Unfortunate...we will never get a Batman movie that features cameos from all of his rogues. Also a ruined oppourtunity with Suicide Squad. What a let down that was.

As for people comparing this to Nolan's movies, do you even read comics? Nolan's movies are a horrible representation of Batman. What little we've seen from Affleck is closer than anything we've gotten to the comics.
>>
>>93493699
That's all MCU shit though
>>
File: more great casting from DC.png (486KB, 611x639px) Image search: [Google]
more great casting from DC.png
486KB, 611x639px
>>93493694
>I'm just hoping they don't.
abandon all hope
>>
>>93493675
>searching for Slade Wilson?
There's not a lot of detective work if your culprit is a publicly known super mercenary.
>>
>>93493694
I think Gad may actually be legit unlike the drug addled child star. The picture he posted was in reference to his post of Penguin drawing attention. His response to the first post was that there was no significance to the post the the next one is him at DC a month later saying "nothing to see here."

The only way DC could make me hate Jason Todd any more than I already do is to have the whiny faggot played by Drake fucking Bell. I'd rather we get Aubrey Drake as Duke or even as fucking Dick before anyone plays Jason let alone Drake Bell.
>>
>>93493833
that's the one.>>93493838
>>
>>93493836
Maybe he needs to take down Slade's buyer, lots of potential there.
>>
>>93493699
What I love about these lumped remarks is if those same movies were made sans the costumes and titles people would laud them as innovative, land mark breaths of fresh of air for those very genres with no shame.

Just look at the Bourne series.
>>
>>93491606
> This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2nemc1hv#/watch?v=SDVWr93Z9Yc
>>
>>93493604
>he's fairly popular
He's only popular because of kids cartoon everyone forgot about years ago.

No one liked him in Arkham Origins.

No one liked him in Beware the Batman.

No one liked him in Son of Batman.

And no one will like him when he ruins the Reeves Batman movie.

The >Deadpool knock-off is popular meme! Needs to die
>>
>>93493675
Go away, Johns
>>
>>93494061
>Deadpool knock-off
Easy
>>
>>93494095
That's the joke.

Slade came before Wade.

But to the general public, Deathstroke will be seen as a boring knock-off of Deadpool.

WB and Johns have killed any chance of the DCEU Batman being good with the Deathstroke push.
>>
>>93494214
I seriously don't understand where this is coming from. Deathstroke is about as popular as Nightwing, fuck he was on Arrow. Normies know about him, Wade being a parody of Slade is Deadpool trivia not Deathstroke.
>>
>>93494269
Nobody cares about Arrow.

More people care about Riverdale and Stranger Things.
>>
File: 1459961537799.jpg (779KB, 960x921px) Image search: [Google]
1459961537799.jpg
779KB, 960x921px
>some good news
>other than that we know nothing about the movie
>/co/ is already shitting with bullshit rumours about how it'll flop
Fuck all of you. Go watch the Spidey and his amazing diverse friends.
>>
>>93494306
Maybe they should not have made Deathstroke the main villain of Batman's first DCEU movie hmmmmm?
>>
>>93494375
Give me one solid source that says Deathstroke is the main villain, you stupid fuck. Everything's been scrapped.
>>
>>93494375
It'll be his third you mongoloid. Bait harder.
>>
>>93491460

lol, this.

One of the Batman graphic novels I have is like, pages upon pages of him making deductions based on case and suspect history.
>>
>>93494392
That's what WB wants you to think.

Deathstroke is the main villain. He is hired by the Joker and Penguin and Black Mask to take down Batman. Deathsroke escapes to set up his own movie. Which won't happen because the movie will bomb and everyone will keep on hating Deathstroke. And Johns will sneak away unscathed.
>>
>>93494413
His first solo DCEU movie. BvS and JL don't count. This was the last chance to save DCEU Batman. WB and Johns killed him.....
>>
>>93494460
So you just choose to be a fucking brain damaged dipshit. Interesting. Must've taken years of practice.
>>
>>93494500
If I was brain damaged, I would be working with WB and Johns.
>>
>>93494531
Clearly you are. While they may or may not be brain damaged for one to say that they work with all brain damaged people is just absurd.
>>
>>93494306
>F all you guys for not wanting to see my garbage movie go watch a good movie
>>
>>93491420

Sounds like he wants to make a Batman movie focused on Batman.

I'm keen!
>>
>>93494909
That's what happens when you make Deathstroke the main villain of the Batman movie.

It's like making Taskmaster the main badguy of the Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>93494977
Deathstroke will ruin it. Johns will make sure of it.
>>
>>93494909
>>93494531
So it really is Marlel's hit squad huh. How pathetic do you faggots have to be to suck a company's balls? I honestly don't give a shit if a movie is DC or Marvel, as long as it's good. You retards know nothing about this movie, not even the fucking name, but you have to and shit on it because 'MUH MARVEL'. I don't know if Batman will be good, but I definitely have more hope in it than Diverseman.

>>93494992
>>93495000
And stop fucking samefagging, autist. Deathstroke could work as a villain if done right. Then again, he hasn't been CONFIRMED, so why the fuck do you care so much.
>>
File: 1494137736471.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494137736471.gif
3MB, 320x240px
I don't even care what they do as long as it's good

I want to see Batman be in a cool movie again instead of a joke
>>
On one hand I kind of want to see a turf war between Penguin and Black Mask, but on the other hand I really want to get a Batman movie that features some of his more outrageous rogues like Clayface or Manbat
>>
>>93491449
If Nolan's Batman Trilogy is any indication, then a Neo Noir Detective Batman movie would bring in a wider audience and a larger revenue.

Meanwhile, the reception to BvS, MoS, and X-MEN: Apocalypse has been lukewarm to abysmal.
>>
>>93491442
Get Yoko Kanno. She does the best Jazz and Blues soundtracks.

Here's a sample: https://youtu.be/ZgQKVKT3RpU
>>
>>93495153
well the turf war is probably GCS
>>
>>93495007
I said it above in this very thread. Marvel shills are have influxed since the MJ talk got out of hand around here.

They're trying to change the subject so the reveal doesn't hurt the first week.
>>
>>93495381
I had hope Reeves meant an actual noir and not what Nolan and his fans seem to think noir is (ie dark).

BvS, MoS and Poc are not noir. Neither is Nolan's trilogy.
>>
>>93491840
Go back to your grave Megaman
>>
>>93493955
Was that supposed to prove something? Because you completely failed at linking a video.
>>
>>93493692
Not talking about Nolan Batman.
Snyder Batman is so angry that he goes pants on head retarded.
>>
>>93495007
It's not going to be good with Deathstroke as the main villain.

And Marvel Studios has a good relationship with the critics and audiences. They can do and risk anything.
>>
>>93495153
You'll get Batman vs Deathsroke with some Joker like Arkham Origins.
>>
>>93495562
It was a general comparison. Audiences are more likely to watch an actual Neo Noir Detective Batman story because of the following:

>Procedural Crime Dramas are popular
>Nolan's more realistic tone struck a chord with wider audiences.

I know that the movies I mentioned weren't noir, stop being obtuse.
>>
>"Pleb Driven, Detective Version"
>Not Cool Driven, Mass Murderer Version where Batman takes his house sized guns and shoots everything that moves.
I want my Kino back.
>>
>>93491420
>World's greatest detective
>Is actually a detective
What a crazy concept!
>>
>>93491442
>its filmed in black and white
>>
>>93495742
>pants on head retarded
like you ignoring every post refuting that?
>>
>>93495998
Where? People are saying that Nolan Batman wasn't much of a detective, which sure, I'll agree to.

Nobody's saying that Snyder Batman wasn't a big angry dummy. Because he was. He had to be to drive the central conflict.
Because a smart detective Batman uses logic and figures out that Superman has a secret identity and then there's no reason to fight.
And we're not going to get evidence that he's smart until this movie comes out, if we even get it then.
>>
>>93496065
You literally just said "not talking about the Nolan movies" when anon pointed out that Nolan's Batman was a hothead as well.

and this mobileposter fucks up a link that anyone on 4chan should still be able to navigate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVWr93Z9Yc). So either you're pathetically new to the internet or you ignored the point he made.
>>
>>93496228
There's being hothead and then there's "not gonna bother trying to research my enemy because I'm too mad". And if you can't tell the difference it's because you're too busy choking on Snyder's cock.
>>
>>93491606
They were more epic. Each one was about the entire city being brought to the point of chaos. This would be smaller in scale.
>>
File: BigBallerPepe.png (139KB, 400x504px) Image search: [Google]
BigBallerPepe.png
139KB, 400x504px
>>93496320
who's the hot head now, hot head?

snyder's slick mushroom-top tastes a bit salty today.
>>
>>93491606
Nolan Batman was a Ninja who threw money at his problems.
>>
>>93493929
Watch more movies please, you are painfully ignorant
>>
>>93491420
Woo!
>>
>>93495938
I want this, honestly.
>>
>>93496653
Don't woo.

It will be bad.

Especially since Deathsroke is the main villain.
>>
>>93496594
Feel free to drop a list.
>>
What the fuck is even happening in this thread? Instead of being hyped all I see are fucking retards hating. /co/ used to be one of the only boards with real discussion.

Get a life you autistic cancerous faggots.
>>
>>93496933
It's /tv/, which is why live action capeshit needs to be banned on here.
>>
>>93496933
It's hard to be hyped when Geoff "I hate Batman" Johns wrote the script and made Deathsroke the main villain desu
>>
>>93497062

Take a step back and realize you've been shitposting in one thread for 5 hours.
>>
>>93491420
It could be 10/10 kino, you all know this to be true.
Memes would need to be kept to a minimum though.
>>
>>93491446
This
>>
>>93491460
Lol

Sad isn't it
>>
>>93491420
nobody will like it. The masses want him to be akin to Lego batman. They don't want detective working Batman, just a brawling comedian.
>>
>>93491420
I feel like that would only really work if you made it a period piece, which obviously can't happen.
>>
>>93497062
The entire script is being rewritten. Joe Manganiello has said he doesn't even know if he's going to be in the movie now.
>>
File: 1477971728983.png (1MB, 680x887px) Image search: [Google]
1477971728983.png
1MB, 680x887px
>>93492238
>le Geoff hates Batman meme
>>
>>93497720
Commission Era Mafia flick.

Flash fucks up in Justice League, runs to fast, ipso fuckso we send bat daddy back to the past for a solo flick.
>>
>>93491766
It would kind of depend on if they wanted to make it an actual Detective movie or if they wanted to make it a 'Howcatchem' instead. Which could also work, it was basically how every Poirot episode and book worked, for that matter...
>>
>>93497592
Nope, Deathstroke is going to ruin the movie.
>>
>>93493836
What if it's all complicated by the presence of KGBeast?
>>
File: p1p3p1p2p.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
p1p3p1p2p.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>93493833
>>93493838
Sigh, I guess it's true then.
Well, I just hope he likes the character enough to put some effort into what he's doing. Who knows, maybe it will be good.
>>
i think it would be rather nice to see a smaller scale Batman. One where most of the action is more self contained ala the more recent Judge Dredd movie.

All this le ebin large scale fate of the world/entire city shit is cape movies is getting quite stale. Batman would be a good character to do it.
>>
>>93498281
I mean it's not confirmed but it just felt very odd to do otherwise. And still theres no connected project. But personally I'm not sure how I feel about it. Hot take would have been gaddamnit couldnt resist maybe gadzooks but I think he might be able to do something with the character. I'd prefer a "different" take to be more silly than the shit telltale gave us. Could be disastrous but at the same time it could be an interesting take.

I have the same feeling I did about Vince Vaughn being in TD season 2. Though he and it were largely a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>93497978
Why are you so against Deathstroke? He's a great character and is essentially what Batman would be with no morals or raison d'etre - with quippy British sidekick and all.
>>
But Batman was always noir-esque?....
>>
>>93493196
I always like how all these /tv/ threads out all the faggots who don't actually read comics
>>
>b-but deathstroke!!!!!!!
http://batman-news.com/2017/03/18/joe-manganiello-deathstroke-batman-maybe/
>>
>>93498537
He's not a Batman villain. There are no good Deathstroke Batman stories. He's only picked because Johns doesn't read Batman and because WB wants to shill him for his shitty spin-off.
>>
>>93498691
That just shows the actor is too retarded to realize he's in the movie. As bad as Henry Cavil honestly.
>>
>>93498896
>He's not a Batman villain.
So?
>>
>>93498537
>>93498916
okay you need to fucking go too. just like the shit for brains you're replying to.

>so?

the fuck do you mean "so"? only true thing he's said.
>>
File: oswald goes legit.jpg (421KB, 1024x1531px) Image search: [Google]
oswald goes legit.jpg
421KB, 1024x1531px
>>93498459
He's at a DC office posing for a picture next to Geoff Johns holding a Penguin comic with a "tee hee nothing to see here" tagline. That's a stealth confirmation if I've ever seen one.

I mean, to be honest, I don't even know much about Josh Gad other than he has an annoying sissy voice and he voiced Olaf and played LeFou. It can work, however, if the idea behind it is that they want a performance closer to Silver Age Penguin where he was a harmless buffoon with a weird giggle.
Which I'm not entirely opposed to. I'm not opposed to the idea that they are trying to bring a more comedic and classy Penguin to the big screen, especially as a contrast to Danny Devito.
But it's been a while since the character has been like that and this really doesn't seem to fit in the ultra grimdark tone that the DC movies are running with nowadays. At worst, it runs the risk of cementing the character as a harmless joke villain in public eye (which is the last thing he needs for a revival).
>>
>>93498916
You need a BATMAN villain in a BATMAN movie.

You can't make Superman's arch nemesis Sinestro.

And even then Deathstroke isn't even a good villain for the movie. He's a generic brooding mercenary.

WB should be trying to make a Good Batman movie with Batman's rogues.

Instead they are ruining the Batman movie to shill Deathstroke and his shitty movie.

It's Suicide Squad all over again. WB thought Deadshot would be popular enough to warrant a spin-off. SURPRISE! He wasn't. Now they are dining the same thing with Batman. Except this time it will hurt Batman's already tarnished rep.
>>
>>93499013
>You need a BATMAN villain in a BATMAN movie.
Says who?

>You can't make Superman's arch nemesis Sinestro.
False equivalency.
>>
>>93499051
If it were a superman movie with Mr freeze as the bad guy you would be crying. The only reason you defend that is that you are a Johnsfag
>>
>>93498913
It means Deathstroke probably isn't going to be in the movie retard. Stop shitposting about it and your hateboner for Deathstroke
>>
>>93499051
It's common logic.

If you didn't have autism, you could see it.

It's like making Taskmaster the villain of the Spider-Man movie. You need to use HIS rogues. Not shill another villain just so you can shill his spin-off.
>>
>>93499151
Deathstroke isn't someone else's rogue, he's just Deasthstroke, so your attempt at shitty analogies isn't working. And I've never even read Earth One.
>>
>>93499268
Just like Doomsday isn't going to be in BvS hmmmmmm?
>>
>>93499268
Actually it means that Johns had him as the main villian, and then Miller or WB took a closer look at his script and got rid of it.
>>
>>93492372
>they are pushing for Harley in the Sirens movie
I mean, she was in Gotham City Sirens, so that'd make sense.
>>
>>93491546
This.
Forget for a second pulling batman in a dozen different directions and use the opportunity to launch another character.
>>
>>93499346
Or he's lying and he is in the movie and is just trying to make it a """surprise""".

Like when they tried to cover up Doomsday.
>>
>>93499346
Yes, that's what "probably won't be in the movie" means
>>
>>93499398
>and use the opportunity to launch another character.
Except that's the problem>>93492238

WB is ruining the Batman movie to push Deathstroke and his spin-off movie even though by ruining the Batman movie, it will ruin any hype or chance for a Deathstroke movie.

WB should focus on fixing Batman before they shill other characters.

/thread
>>
>>93491420
Sooooo, he wants to do live action BTAS?
>>
>>93491840
Still beats the usual:
>Punch thug and yell, "Where is ___?!"
>>
>>93499322
Deathstroke is a teen titans villian you pleb.
>>
>>93499451
I think you might literally have autism. The movie hasn't even gotten past the scripting yet, and you think Deathstroke's locked in as the main villain when the director and the scriptwriter has completely changed and the actor who's had a few talks about playing him doesn't even know if he's still slated? And you think they're keeping him as a surprise? Because people are sooo hyped about Deathstroke
>>
>>93493955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iMXhwAnOA

WHERE ARE MY DETECTIVE SKILLSH?!

Also, never noticed, but he actually Shlurs all hish wordsh when asking for the trigger. Sounds even dumber than I remember.
>>
>>93499322
he's nightwing's/teen titans main bad
>>
>>93499614
WB thought people would be hyped about Doomsday. They probably think the same about Slade.
>>
>>93499668
Don't waste your time, he isn't defending the use of deathstroke, he is defending who put deathstroke in the movie. It wasn't Snyder, it wasn't some random wb executive or Ben Affleck. It was the same consultant that created the ultra original bad guy we know as arkham Knight.
>>
>>93499724
They never tried to cover up Doomsday. Jason Momoa was listed as trying out for Doomsday in the first place and they never said anything about him not showing up in the film. He fucking appeared in the first few trailers, you think that's a surprise?
>>
>>93499866
Doomsday didn't appear til the second to last trailer. They tried to keep him secret.
>>
>>93495816
That's not neo noir or noir, you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.