[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai n/2017/06/25/transformer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 17

File: download.jpg (10KB, 180x281px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 180x281px
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/25/transformers-5-is-the-worst-performing-sequel-in-modern-hollywood-history/

So now that Transformers: The Last Knight is failing, has our long national nightmare finally ended? Can we have a good Transformers movie now?
>>
Not for a long time. One can't come about as long as Michael bay is still around so you're only kidding yourself.
>>
Based India and China will save it.
>>
I mean, it was a hell of a lot less offensive than trash like The Force Awakens.
>>
I love Transformers 1 desu
>>
>>93489084
>offensive

Lol well at least you're self aware about how triggered you are
>>
>>93489284
Not iffensive in the meme sense, I mean offensive in that somehow TFA hoodwinked people and JJ seemed to think that he made a good film, while Micheal Bay just makes the Transformers movies for dumb fun and doesn't dress it up.
>>
I didn't even know it was out. Maybe I'll go see it.
>>
>>93489322
Are you implying that TFA is worse than the Transformers movies?

Because if so, neither of those are cartoons or comics, so go back to /tv/, faggot.
>>
>>93489350
>Are you implying that TFA is worse than the Transformers movies?
Yes, much worse.
And I don't think Bayformers is particularly great, it just knows its place.
>>
I've just seen this movie today and it was actually good. There are just two things I'm wondering about:

> What happened to Galvatron from AOE and all of those mass produced human transformers gone evil? In this one we have Megatron who is supposed to be Galvatron (or maybe it's just a copy of him from Meg's head) from the previous movie that transforms into a jet instead of a truck. How did he even made contact with Quintessa? Was it another case of off screen events or is it just a plot hole?

> I don't really understand why Arthur's sword, that they went to such great lengths to obtain, is immediately dropped by Cade after Optimus comes to his senses and never retrieved? It's one of the most legendary artifacts, you don't just drop and leave things like that.
>>
>>93489398
Knowing that's it's bad doesn't make it better.

TFA also gets way more shit than it deserves. Transformers 2 and 3 aren't nearly as coherent or as well paced
>>
>>93489698
>well paced
TFA is the definition of poorly paced.
If Abrams didn't have ADHD shit like Rey not selling a droid she doesn't know for food she needs might actually make sense, given time to develop that relationship.

Abrams is a piece of shit because he's fucking pretentious.
He talked about Malick being an influence on TFA.
Bay just cops to liking 'spolsions.
>>
>>93488968
I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be Bay's last one.
>>
>>93489639
Are you chinese?
>>
>>93489639
Galvatron was just the name the humans gave to what they didn't know, was Megatron. He was probably just like "fuck my slave name"

Also, Megatron has changed his alt mode through out the series anyway so I wouldn't think too hard about that, he was a hobo truck in TF3, a tank in TF2, and as you said a jet in the first one
>>
>>93489744
He always says that and he always comes back. Fortunately the shitty performance of TLK may actually make Paramount FORCE him to go away for good this time. I know the movie's doing well in China, but Paramount has to realize that the Chinese will literally watch anything with giant robots in it. Bay is not necessary for success in China. They can get a better director, reboot the series, and recover the money they've been losing here in America, all while STILL making bank in China.
>>
>>93489322
>somehow TFA hoodwinked people and JJ seemed to think that he made a good film
Rogue One did the exact same thing. At least most people recognize the faults of TFA while smarmy OTfags still praise Rogue One as a brilliant movie because its pandering wasn't quite as obvious as TFA.
>>
Michael Bay sucks ass

I would rather dump a bucket of dicks over my head than watch his shitty movies. He ruined the Transformers, and let's be honest, he ruined our lives. Fuck him and everybody he cares about
>>
So Earth is Unicron huh? Really didn't expect that to be honest. Can we hope to see him transform? One other thing that caught my attention was that huge stag beetle combiner which was really cool. It would be cool if hasbro released that guy in the near future.
>>
>>93489908
Michael Bay has helped the Transformers brand more than anybody who's simply a casual Transformers fan could ever comprehend

Hell, screw Transformers, he helped HASBRO as a whole
>>
>>93488917
So not even China is saving this shit?
>>
damn...
>>
>>93489799
What they need is better scripts. Bay is fine.
>>
>>93489983
It's making a fair amount of money in China, but of course US studios never get the full extent of the Chinese gross. US studios don't get the full extent of ANY foreign box office earnings, which is why domestic box office is still so important.
>>
>>93489639
>I've just seen this movie today and it was actually good.

Incorrect
>>
>>93489639
It's never outright said but I'm pretty sure Quintessa turned Galvatron back into Megatron
>>
Now that Bay is finally done its a transition period.

The Bumblebee spinoff is gonna be key here. If they can successfully show people that it isn't like the others they can win back some of the crowd.
>>
>>93489238
The CG in the first movie surprisingly looks decent even today.
>>
>>93490010
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>Can we have a good Transformers movie now?
Meanwhile at the executive's office...
Transformers: The Last Knight is failing.
Is it Michael Bay's fault?
Nope.
America just hates Transformers now.
Let's wait 20 years.
>>
>>93489908
This is accurate
>>
>>93490029
You're fake news bro.
>>
>>93490058
>America just hates Transformers now.
>Let's wait 20 years.
The Toy division would not allow that.
>>
>>93490058

Two movies are already in production, with another dozen or so at the writing phase.

And thats not even including the potential for a GI Joe crossover.
>>
>>93490086
Anon pls, half the people in these threads have no idea Transformers even has a toyline or that people buy them, let alone any media other than the Bayverse. As far as the Anti-Bay squad is concerned these movies are the only thing that exists in Transformers media
>>
>>93490217
I'm anti-Bay precisely because Bayformers is arguably the shittiest version of a Transformers story we've ever gotten, even shittier than Transformers:Cybertron. I'd like a movie that at least comes close to the quality of Beast Wars or Animated. I'd like a movie that is actually fun and cool.
>>
>>93490311

>arguably the shittiest version of a Transformers story we've ever gotten, even shittier than Transformers:Cybertron

Energon says hi. And Kiss Players. And Animated.
>>
https://www.cnet.com/news/michael-bay-transformers-the-last-knight-14-stories-video/

So is the Bumblebee solo movie already shooting or...?
>>
>>93490044
Lorenzo is a worse menace than Bay, he's the one who keeps greenlightint the "combine 2 movies in one" shitfests like AOE and TLK
>>
>>93490486

Starts shooting next month.

>>93490522

If we're lucky, the next director can actually make that work.
>>
>>93490486
>A spin-off, entitled Transformers Universe: Bumblebee, is scheduled for release on June 8, 2018, and a sixth film is scheduled for release on June 28, 2019.

From wikipedia.
>>
>>93490486
Staff is set to start in August
>>
>>93490534
No one can make "2 as 1" work.

That's why you just don't do it, if Lockdown, Galvatron, Quintessa and the Knights all got separate films as intended, the movies at leas would've been DOTM quality, cheaper to make and of course, more profitable.
>>
>>93490012
A lot of estimates say studios take something like 55% of box office from domestic (with 45% going to theaters) and 40% from international (with about %25 more going to international distributors). It's not that dramatic a gap, although it tends to be bigger in China? I know Pacific Rim got screwed over by the Chinese distributor.
>>
I'm torn. I hate these movies, but honestly, they're probably helping bankroll the good Transformers shit. Doubt we would have had TFP without Bay.
>>
>>93488917
> Actually funny character
> Killed off in minutes

T-thanks Bay!
>>
>>93490058
Remember studio execs were against the TFs even speaking, even though the TFs being sentient everymen is a big part of their charm.
>>
Michael Bay is a very talented director and he deserves to direct more interesting things than advertisments for toy robots..
>>
>>93490217
Are you retarded? The people that hate Bay ARE the fans of Transformers. They're the people buying the toys and comics. That's why they care about the franchise.

Bayfags are just contrarian retards latching onto something that everyone with two braincells hates because they think their bad taste makes them special, like people listening to Nickelback unironically.
>>
>>93490435
Energon at least had some solid toys, you've never listened to Kiss Players, and the last one is obvious bait.

Bayformers has caused significant lasting damage to the brand.

Shut the fuck up Boco.
>>
>>93490756
Bay doesn't think of the Transformers as characters.
>>
>>93491071

I'm sorry you see it as bait, and I'm well aware of my having shit taste, but Animated just wasn't good.
>>
>>93491103
Is this the DJW is shit meme I see occasionally?
>>
>>93491019
>Are you retarded? The people that hate Bay ARE the fans of Transformers
In some cases, sure, but not all in my experience
>They're the people buying the toys and comics. That's why they care about the franchise.
Then they know how much money these movies have brought and how much renewed interest it brought, possibly the only reason they've gotten any of the media and toys they have in recent years

Someone who cared about the franchise knows the hell it was in (anime) before the Bayformers era. Transformers had bad media before '07, and was basically a franchise nobody gave a fuck about outside of the most hardcore of hardcore fans, who could tell it was circling the drain

>Bayfags are just contrarian retards latching onto something that everyone with two braincells hates

I've met way more Bay haters who aren't fans of TF at all and hating the movies is literally their only connection to it, they want to bash the movies because they are /tv/fags, the same ones who gush over Marvel movies but don't read comics, and being the lemmings they are want to come into Transformers threads simply to LOL GUYS ROTTEN TOMATOES HAHAHAHAHA /TV/ and get utterly infuriated by the fact that some portion of the Transformers real fandom is capable of discussing or taking some amusement from this franchise

I also notice the people who are the most dramatic about it usually haven't been following Transformers in any way at all, usually just reference G1 in some really generic way but clearly it didn't mean that much to them

TLDR /tv/ fags are shit and don't understand why some understand why these movies despite being not great have done good for the brand because they don't understand the workings of the brand, or that TF fans have never cared about critics because TF has always been lambasted by those types of people for being a kids brand, a toy commercial, etc. And also even the TF fans who do hate these movies aren't the ones screaming "CHILDHOOD RAPED"
>>
>>93491236
>make movie to make brand appeal to mass market
>make bad movie so movie fans hate it
>make bad adaptation so fans of the brand hate it
>get buttblasted and say neither of them are true fans

Sorry but that is the way it goes. When you make a shoddy product it is going to be held to the standards of its peers instead of being viewed in a vacuum. The Transformers movies are bad movies and are treated as such, and are bad Transformers movies so they don't even please Transformers fans.
>>
>>93491219
Animated did a brilliant job setting up its fourth season.
>>
>>93488917
Yeah, it's coming out next year
Bumblebee Directed by Travis Knight (Kubo and the two strings)
>>
>>93491103
Animated is up there with Beast Wars and Prime. You have shit taste.
>>
>>93489908
You sound like such a baby. I agree he has made bad Transformers movies but he himself is a pretty good guy. Look up all his charity work especially with animals
>>
>>93491019
tfw I was with you until Nickelback
>>
File: filmschool.jpg (102KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
filmschool.jpg
102KB, 600x850px
>>93491356
The movies have been massive successes, you can argue otherwise all day because "muh critics", they were a massive success. Such a big success they led to Hasbro giving another one of their near dead brands to an outside creator, and that made them tons of money too and completely reinvigorated that brand. Think we know which we're talking about.

Transformers as in Michael Bay's Transformers have made billions of dollars for Hasbro, Hasbro is billions of dollars richer thanks to Michael Bay. The Transformers has had a huge renewed interest that wasn't there before it existed, and that's why Transformers will continue to have other media put out.

If you think Hasbro wouldn't abandon TF the same way they have many other properties the very moment it didn't have a public interest, you're sorely mistaken. Hasbro is a toy and game company. This is how they view things, what you think about Michael Bay as an "art critic" or whatever you fancy yourself is irrelevant to the numbers.
>>
>>93490010
That's fucking exactly what they tried with this movie, and it failed because Bay didn't give a flying fuck what the writer's room thinks.
>>
>>93490435
Shut the fuck up faggot.
>>
File: Ultra Magnum Dong.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Magnum Dong.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>93491103
Yeah, no. I've seen you tripfagging the fuck out of TLK threads going "OH MAN ITS SO GOOD BUT ITS MISSING THAT ONE THING TO MAKE IT PERFECT AHHHN~" Bitch the only thing missing here is your fucking brain.

TLK was terrible, nothing about it is redeemable. The action was boring, the scenery was boring, the britfag memes were boring it was just a bland shitfest on my eyes and after watching that shit I fucking swear I could regain braincells watching Hetalia.

Animated may be filled with boypussy twinks ben10 rejects fucking starbob screampants and whatever the fuck that kid on a pony was supposed to be but has more in Sentinels fat fucking chin than all the movies combined.

Now go slather this (you) on your usb dick and do us a favor by fucking off
>>
>>93490047
They took it slow with the visuals. The first movie is much slower than the other 4, making it the best one. The 3rd is alright as well.
>>
>>93488917
Nah man, that's not how this work. If this fails domestically AND internationally, Hollywood won't want to touch Transformers for another decade at least, and if it succeeds internationally, they'll keep milking Bayformers, now with more and more Chinese military pandering. It's literally a lose/lose scenario
>>
>>93491996
If it's so bad how come it made lots of money?
Checkmate.
>>
>>93491996
Read it in Robert Stack's glorious voice.
>>
>>93492162
bitch I'm playing checkers idgaf if china has the entire series on platinum blu rays
>>
File: unsolved_mysteries.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unsolved_mysteries.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>93491996
>>93492176
Tonight, on Unsolved Mysteries... why is Boco such a faggot?
>>
I just got this idea after analysing TLK. Do you think that Transformers movies would've been better if transformers themselves were transforming combat exoskeletons piloted by quintessons?
>>
>>93489933
That plot was done in the first season of Transformers Prime. He creates huge ass avatars of himself out of mountains to swat at puny Autobots.
>>
>>93492403
Ummm
No
>>
>>93492695
Please elaborate. Arguments of the kind ''no because no'' don't have a place here. This is a reasonable board.
>>
>>93492403
>>93492799
Fuck you, you're the one who proposed your retarded fanfiction idea, you fucking convince US why it would improve the movies, don't just go "Oh well prove it WOULDN'T improve the movies", you can't prove a negative you autistic fuck.
>>
>>93490044
I do wonder if people will even acknowledge the Bumblebee movie has a different different director or if they've been so hard wired to hate Transformers movies by the last ten years that they'll just be prejudiced to it.

In any case I'm at least looking forward to a different director at last and hope they actually meant it was Bay's last one this time.
But I also think they should have just rebooted after DOTM just clean slate the whole thing but we don't always get what we want now do we?
>>
>>93493016
I believe in lemonpuff prime
>>
>>93493016
People will be hard wired to hate it because it's a whole movie about Bumblebee.

Don't even want to imagine what the toy aisles will look like.
>>
>>93492993
I just wanted to ask for opinions. Did I say anywhere that ''The movies would be better if they had them''?
>>
>>93490756

He survived until the climax. Onslaught on the other hand.
>>
>>93492283
I can't deal with this right now.
>>
>>93492799
Because nobody likes squids, that'd be like asking if Captain America would be better if he was piloted by a Nazi
>>
>>93493656
Isn't that what they're doing with Cap right now?
>>
>>93493656
>that'd be like asking if Captain America would be better if he was piloted by a Nazi

Did you mean to say if he was a nazi? What does being piloted have to do with your example? Cap was never a giant robot.
>>
>>93493768
because you don't pilot a transformer numbnuts, even when they're a car they prefer to drive themselves
>>
>>93491906
>tf5
>better script
Time to go back to literary analysis class.
>>
i want my Cybertron War epic
think saving Private Ryan but with Robots
>>
>>93493883
I'd watch that.
>>
>>93489933
>One other thing that caught my attention was that huge stag beetle combiner which was really cool. It would be cool if hasbro released that guy in the near future.
>>
>>93490435
And Furry Wars.
>>
>>93490700
TFP was shit, though.
>>
>>93494067
imagine having taste this shit
>>
>>93489882
Rogue One had an awesome space battle.

That's something we haven't seen for a decade.
>>
>>93493985
To say that this is completely disappointing would be an understatement. Four repaints with only one slight re mold. Does Hasbro even try at this point or does it think that people are stupid not to notice or that they don't even care? I can accept heavy re molds or making completely new figures, but repaint at this point are almost insulting.
>>
>>93491502

I admitted as such.
>>
>>93489639
haven't you heard? Bay pulled a Snyder and in order to truly understand this movie you need to watch the director's cut with the 40 additional minutes Bay had to cut from the theatrical release because modern audiences are too plebian to understand true kino
>>
>>93494698
Nope, first time hearing this.
>>
>>93494698
Congrats on falling for /tv/ memes, you shithead. Last Knight isn't getting a director's cut.
>>
>>93494571
Skulk the torsobot is an entirely new mold, but he only turns from robot to torso so he's worse than a Hun-Gurr retool would be.
>>
>>93494571
>To say that this is completely disappointing would be an understatement. Four repaints with only one slight re mold.

That's nothing new man...nothing wrong with repaints, hell G1 had them all the time within the same damn toyline

Some of the only toys worth buying in Beast Machines were repaints, and RiD was worth it partially just because of repaints. I'm not saying all repaints are good ones, but there is nothing wrong with them at all
>>
>>93494571
Minimum effort is the name of the game these days with Hasbro.
>>
>>93495017
Heavy re molds I can accept, to the point where it's hard/very hard to recognize the original one but it's still pointless to buy the same figure with different colors. Hasbro probably thinks something along the line of ''we use the same mold over and over again, change color, give it a new name and people will still buy it because it's so new and fresh''.
>>
>>93491517
It's hard to be like "eh, at least he's a good guy" when he does the transformers such injustice and makes his movies so dumb and unfunny and loooong
>>
>>93495103
So they are going to ride on the wave of popularity and run a business without actually making at least some effort for it to prosper? I know I'm talking about toys here, but decadence is a recipe for downfall. Even third party transformers are way better than what hasbro is making nowaays, which unfortunately also explains their high price.
>>
>>93495103
>>93495220

They can still try when they want. Look at Trypticon.
>>
>>93495235
>looks
lol
>>
File: 2913982632_be26aa866f_b.jpg (295KB, 1024x703px) Image search: [Google]
2913982632_be26aa866f_b.jpg
295KB, 1024x703px
>>93495158
>but it's still pointless to buy the same figure with different colors.
That's like, your opinion man.

If you only want one, you need only buy one. If you don't care to have it in a preferred color even if you're not a fiction fag, well, that's also your choice. I have a handful of figures I own multiples of the same mold, and some I only wanted a specific color scheme or version of as well.
>>
>>93493656
>>93493705
>>93493803
He IS kinda run by a nazi squid or something right now... well thir symbol at least.

>>93493016
Maybe if they try to do it right. Make him a bug, with a decent, not-bayformer look...
>>
Lost Light #7 came out today?
>>
File: 023.jpg (432KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
432KB, 1280x720px
>Thinking this movie not doing well with stop Bay
>Thinking that instead it won't mean that Bay will be allowed to move on to Beast Wars because they'll say kids don't want toy cars anymore, they want toy animals
>Michael Bay's "Beast Wars" about organic transformers that have lived inside the center of the Earth/Unicron waging a secret war to keep Unicron dormant until a group of "humans" stumble down there
>>
Bay made Pain and Gain which was hilarious and dark and great overall. I know hes a good director who dumbs himself down for checks.
>>
>>93488917
People waking up from consuming filth. . .only to diet on another piece of filth.

Quality of these summer shitbusters won't go up anytime soon as long as the first movie is watchable.
>>
>>93495589

And it was so well written, you would have thought it came from the first season's arc. Good job Roberts. FINALLY.
>>
>>93494571
Movie toys don't sell well so they do as few new molds as possible.
>>
>>93495656
My man...Beast Wars was a purely 90s phenomenon, it's not coming back. By the late 80s and early 90s "techno organic" was "in", early Beast Wars ideas were supposed to emulate stuff like Guyver , and I can only imagine the beast concept came from things like TMNT and similar crap becoming popular as Transformers somewhat started to fade in popularity near the tail end of the 80s and early 90s
>>
>>93495753
Really?
>>
>Already regroup its budget internationally in one week.

Yeah, it sure is done.
>>
>>93496674
>>93496674
Yeah, I was pleasantly, pleasantly, pleasantly surprised. I would story time it, but I don't have the means. I buy my comics in print.
>>
>>93488917
The one with the dude banging jailbait was the single worst movie I ever suffered through in my entire life
>>
>>93491502
Beast Wars > Animated > Prime
In that order
>>
>>93495589
Storytime when?
>>
Wiht Til All Are One cancelled, and Lost Light about to Merge with Optimus Prime, you now have a chance to pitch an idea for a new comic TF comic. You can either build on what they have, or make something new. Aaaaaand go.
>>
>>93490311
Cybertron is great you pleb.
>>
>>93497831
My comic concept needs to be in a new continuity.

Long story short, it's a MTMTE parody except with more plot progression.
>>
File: Untitled-10.jpg (113KB, 1263x948px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-10.jpg
113KB, 1263x948px
>>93491502
>up there with Prime
>Prime
>up there
>>
>>93498387
Kill Rodimus first. Anything after that is guaranteed better if or at least decent.
>>
>>93489933
That's the one thing I want before the Reboot
>>
>>93489960
This is objectively true.
>>
>>93499855
Why do people hate Rodimus so much, sure Roberts kinda fucked his development but I don't wanna see him dead.
Like certain other characters in the newest Lost Light.
>>
>>93494571
>Only at Toys'R'Us Exclusive

Name an exclusive figure that was wholly original, besides Aveo Swerve.
>>
new lost light is supposedly out already, anyone got spoilers?
>>
>>93489322
I teach high school students and whenever a Bay film is coming out I have an excuse to rag on how shitty his movies are... I honestly think 90% of his audience are teenaged boys because no one else literally jumps to the defense of the Transformers movies. They actually get outraged, enough to stand up. It's hilarious.
>>
>>93501159

Cyclonus gets very sad
>>
>>93501255

OH NO!
>>
>>93501255
more pls
>>
File: LL7 Ultra Magnus.png (2MB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
LL7 Ultra Magnus.png
2MB, 1280x913px
>>93501361
>>
>>93489035
>Based India and China will save it.
India never a big box office market besides poo musicals
>>
>>93501752

Double OH NO!
>>
*Twiddles fingers until story time*
>>
>>93502241
gonna be awhile unless someone here got the early issue
>>
Just saw the final panels of the new issue. If this shit doesn't get resolved in the first five fucking pages of the next issue I'm personally kicking Roberts up the ass for this.
>>
>>93502479
Is it true Tailgate dies? Could you post the panels?
>>
>>93502588
We all know his plot armor is too thick for that to ever happen. Can't fake us out three times, Roberts....right?
>>
>>93502661
He was originally supposed to die in the first season, maybe it finally caught up with him.
>>
>>93502728
He WAS yes, a year ago. But if he will (reeeeeeeeeeeeally don't think so. People WILL find Roberts to murder him), he'll at least have to be on the Lost Light again. No way he's getting killed off world with only a handful of crew members to know.
>>
File: 1387856468199.gif (215KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1387856468199.gif
215KB, 300x225px
>>93502814
I kinda want it to happen just to see the fandom meltdowm.
>>
>>93502908
Dare Mr. Roberts do it?
>>
>>93503099
He killed off everyone else I care about at this point so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>93493418
That was Dreadbot that was ganked.
>>
>>93502814
Maybe I'd care if Tailgate died if his character development hadn't gone directly into the toilet just so Roberts could push his plot line with Getaway. And him getting those stupid super strength powers didn't help either. It pisses me off because he use to be my favorite bot.

Now I can't bring myself to sympathize or care for this character and his dragged-out-for-views romantic subplot anymore. Remember when this comic use to be fun? Yeah. Me neither.
>>
>>93503288
Spoilers anon.
>>
>>93493883
dude just play the games
>>
>>93503288

Lost Light suffers from the last Harry Potter movies. Once the wizards left Hogwarts, it wasn't fun anymore.
>>
File: 1490461808773.jpg (23KB, 477x331px) Image search: [Google]
1490461808773.jpg
23KB, 477x331px
>>93491019
>appealing to a fanbase as autistic as Transformers fans
He's right to ignore them. They insist G1 Transformers is some kind of masterpiece when it's extremely flawed and arguably more poorly written than the Bay movies.
>>
>>93503288
>Remember when this comic use to be fun?
used*
>>
>>93503582
>arguably more poorly written than the Bay movies
I'd like to see your dumb ass try to argue that.
>>
>>93488917
Good. Fuck these movies. So much potential, and Bay keeps fucking it up.
>>
>>93503582

G1 is stupid, but it's a 25 minute toy commercial made for children.

Bayformers are 3 hour beer commercial sex comedies.
>>
>>93489908
This board is a literal subreddit now.
>>
>>93490010
Because direction's a huge part of movies and bay just fucks it u, plus directing things in a story right or wrong can easily make or break those scenes. How would that scene from the shining with the twins play out and impact the audience for example if you didn't film it anywhere similar to how it is now, like if you did a top down almost tracking security cam shot while he was on the bike and had the death picture slowly fade in as the kids kept saying stuff while never cutting back to the kids face and instead just zooming in on the girls as this happens. It would look like shit and ruin that part of the story. Im not explaining it well but hopefully my point's still understnadable enough at least.
>>
>>93490311
It always amazes me how much people hated Transformers animted when it was airing but now it's like well recieved and people seem to like the style and such a lot more. Kinda like Batman brave and the bold in that sorta sense.
>>
>>93490486
I still don't get why they're doing this like transformers only cinematic universe thing when they could add other franchises.
>>
>>93504555
/co/ loved BatB. I can't imagine disliking it, there's an infectious charm to it.
>>
>>93488917
These make most of their money in foreign markets so as long as it does well there it'll be fine.

They've been going down in US box office since the second.
>>
>>93504023
>Transformers copies the Holy Trinity from the Bible
>Transformers can literally turn into other creatures like a mermaid
>Transformers time travel
>Autobots worked with humans in general to share technology(Bay takes a darker tone and has humans stealing the tech from them)
>Megatron forms a partnership with Atlantians to attack the surface world in exchange for energon
Need I go on? Have you even watched it?
>>
>>93504555
We liked it when it was airing, too. As I recall, our main complaint is that sometimes the animation would look like absolute dogshit, with really choppy, low framerates. But the story and characters were always loved.
>>
>>93488917
We already did... back in '86.
>>
>>93504645
I remmeber while it aired that it really didn't have a lot of positive reception ofr not being more "modern" batman so to speak. When I say that I mainly mean in general, not on 4chan specifically.
>>
>>93489698
Transformers 2 and 3 were at least original stories

Imagine if Transformers 2 was just the first one but with a female lead. Then it'd be like TFA.
>>
>>93490311
BW/BM (cry some more) > Animated > Original movie > G1 > Armada > Robots in Disguise (2001) > Generations 2 > Prime > Robots in Disguise (2015) > Bay series > Cybertron > Energon I don't care about rescue bots
>>
>>93489035
china will

michael bay is the most popular director ever in asia

no joke
>>
>>93492283
anyone else read this in Robert Stack's voice?
>>
I hate transformers fanart filling up the same space as my transformation porn on art sites because people tag them both with TF

anyone feeling me on this
>>
>>93505261
Of course.
>>
>>93504792
That whole post is a really terrible defense of "poorly written" Lurk more before you start commenting on the literary value of anything.
>>
>>93504829
>TFTM86
>good
Sure, it wasn't insulting, but let's not go crazy by calling it good.
>>
>>93505287

Yeah, I love it but it starts to go reeeaaaaal downhill after Optimus dies.
>>
>>93491996
Was this worse than the others?

Cause I only saw up to the 2nd one, and that was easily one of the worst movies ive ever watched.
>>
>>93489983

Apparently studios only get 25% of the Chinese box office and it's made 123 mil there so far. So that's about 30mil. China isn't the only foreign market that lovs these shit movie though. They're the ones pushing them over a billion but even without them they would do well. IV for example made 784 mil without china
>>
People on twitter are talking about it. It must've dropped somewhere.

Still no storytime?
>>
>>93491019
>Bayfags are just contrarian retards latching onto something that everyone with two braincells hates because they think their bad taste makes them special, like people listening to Nickelback unironically.

This is true

>>93503582
>>appealing to a fanbase as autistic as Transformers fans

But so is this.

Outside of the Sonic fandom the Transformers fandom is the single most autistic fandom on the internet. For every normal person in it who's just in for cool robots fighting (or fucking I don't judge) there's 40 mouth drooling GEEWUNNNN retards who worship the G1 cartoon like a literal work of god and go into autistic rage everytime someone dares to like something other than the G1 cartoon and.

Bayfags are the same except for the Bay movie. Both also have the victim complex of "BOO HOO NOBODY LIKES US IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF [insert media they don't like here]"

Outside of the Bayniggers & Geewuunfaggot the fanbase is mostly ok, but these two tribes or utter retards fuck everything up for everyone else.

MTMTE fandom was also pretty bad but it died so it doesn't count
>>
>>93490047
I thought it was too busy
>>
>>93506121
It was, the color filters didn't help either

>Orange AVENIDA
even the captcha agrees
>>
>>93506121

I hated the designs but they looked more photorealistic than anything in the last two movies.

ROTF has ironically the most realistic looking CGI in the franchise.
>>
>>93506107
Nah you're full of shit. Literally every sub sect of TF fan is the same, you're just cherry picking out the ones that are fans of the TF media YOU don't watch, therefor you're literally doing the same thing and behaving as just as much of a mouth breathing retard

Beast Wars is....possibly my favorite TF show, and I know for a fact tons of the fans are just as obnoxious about it as G1ers, it's just that G1ers outnumber them, every TF fan sperges about the shit they are a fan of and hates on the other shit. The only "cool" TF fans in general are us who follow the franchise as a whole and accept the fact that different parts of it are for different audiences and that we're not going to like every iteration of it. I don't like the Unicron Trilogy, but I don't go around shitting people because they do.
>>
but all of them have been good transformer movies
>>
>>93506300
>you're just cherry picking out the ones that are fans of the TF media YOU don't watch

Nigger I watch and like both G1 & Bayformers but I can recognize that their fanbases are pure putrid cancer on the anus that is the Transformers fandom.
>>
>>93506328
Aw, why, what's wrong with us?
>>
>>93499855

Rodimus actually would be the first peace time leader of Cybertron. He finally has the glory but now he's longing for the day he could go on an adventure, Rodimus has to put up with the politics so Cybertron can finally get adjusted to decent post-war enviroment,
once he's found a good successor, he's out of there. Also Cogman is going to be his butler (because I just saw TLK and loved Cogman,
he'd be like his usual self, tries to give advice....but in the worst way possible.
>>
File: hasbro.gif (9KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
hasbro.gif
9KB, 195x195px
Press L to laugh at their suffering.

L.
>>
File: 1481362735872.gif (352KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481362735872.gif
352KB, 500x300px
Holy fucking shit I'm so glad I got a Titans Return Fangry a few months back. What a fucking glorious bastard.

Too bad about Kaput though, I liked him.
>>
>>93507920
I guess kaput lived up to his name ;^)
>>
>>93489238
The first one was enjoyable and fun, and the third one had a nice third act, but all the others are unfunny, boring trash.
>>
>>93488917
I liked the movie.
>>
>>93509089
Transformers 1 is kind of comfy in a way
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.