[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"no one even knows who Wonder Woman is, DC IS FINISHED!"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 24

File: 1498552979674.jpg (249KB, 900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1498552979674.jpg
249KB, 900x1400px
>"no one even knows who Wonder Woman is, DC IS FINISHED!"
>rumors that a former WB employee says that WW is a mess
>"DCucks on suicide watch! JUST!"

>trailers come out
>"AHAHAHAHAH SO SHIT OH MY GOD I CAN'T BREATHE ROTTEN TOMATOES IS GOING TO BURY THIS TURD! CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS IS GOING TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH WONDER WOMAN!"

>critics first reactions on twitter were overwhelmingly positive
>"fucking shills I swear, look at this review on IMDb saying it's shit without talking about the movie at all, damn this is going to be hilarious!!"

>embargo drops, WW has more praise than Logan and anything in the MCU since Avengers or so
>"fucking SJW shills this movie is SHIT audience scores are going to crush it lmao"

>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
>"h-heh well who cares it's still going to fucking BOMB look at this picture of an empty theater (I swear these retards were posting those pictures here lol)"

>WW crushes all predictions and opens at more than $100M, beating IM1, GotG, Doctor Strange, Logan, TWS and more
>"w-well until you see the DROP, 80% at least, DC is dead bury it consider this mercy etc etc"

>"T-The Mummy will crash this movie with no survivors! Can't Bruise The Cruise!"
>it critically panned and flopped

>WW has one of the smallest drop for a CBM ever and the 3rd weekend drop is even smaller
>on it's 3rd weekend it's making more than CW and AoU (Avengers movies)
>already outgrossed TWS and Doctor Strange entire domestic runs after two weeks and it's making more money overseas than dom so far while no release yet in Ger/Jap/foreign markets

>"Cars 3 will bury it!"
>doesn't even make a dent

>"Transformers 5 will finish it!"
>WW doesn't drop, actually rises 23%, T5 tracking for the lowest opening of its franchise ($63-65M)

>"WW bombed! it hasn't even passed 500M! DC is finished!"
>crosses $600M threshold on the same day anon posted this

>"how is this happ-"
>$650M on its 4th weekend

Apologize.
>>
Straw man arguments are a pleb response. Please consider the rope and remove your autism from this world
>>
And all they had to do to get that success was throw the Snyder movies under the bus.
Nobody thought they'd have the balls to do that, so this is understandable.
>>
To be fair, there wasn't much reason to be confident in this from the shit advertising

>"Cars 3 will bury it!"
>"Transformers 5 will finish it!"
I'll fully admit I'm surprised that the world got some taste and didn't flock to either of these. You can call that one egg on my face. Can you blame anybody for thinking otherwise though after seeing how Cars 3 and Transformers 4 did?
>>
>>93486380
It was fucking shit though
>>
Wonder Woman has surprisingly strong legs, it could end up somewhere in $800 million at this rate.
>>
>>93486380
Wow, it's a critical and box office success!
It's not like there's no other critical and box office successes out there, OP. Why should anyone care?
>>
>>93486380
>16th superhero movie in the US
>Much lower worldwide
Why is everyone making a big deal about it? It's not like it set the world on fire or anything.
>>
>>93486518
t mcuck
>>
>>93486380
>"This will be the end of capeshit" says increasingly nervous shitposter for the seventh time this year
What else is new?
>>
>>93486627
more like t. snyderfag.
The only people that hate Wonder Woman are the people accusing DC of selling out and making a formulaic (read: good) movie. I love Wonder Woman. It proves the problem was always "based snyder" and that the persecution complex was real.
>>
>>93486644
Why can't they just be happy? They have a movie in their favored franchise that's critically acclaimed.

In fact, why have company wars? Both companies are doing well critically and financially now. Why does it matter?
>>
>>93486380
>no one even knows who Wonder Woman is,
Said no one ever.

>>"WW bombed! it hasn't even passed 500M!
Who said this? The movie had a budget of 149mil, yeah? Five times its budget is considered a bomb now? This is Hollywood, not AAA video games.

Still nice to see this movie actually succeeded. As a Wondy fan, I was well prepared for the shitstorm that didn't happen.
>>
>>93486592
womyn
>>
>>93486380
>Apologize.
No, cause this means Marvel is gonna try even harder to make the Captain Marvel movie work...or think its good enough as it is already. I'm not sure which is worse, really want that shit to fail...
>>
>>93486687
They can't be happy because accepting Wonder Woman means they were wrong about MoS and BvS and that the critics, audiences, normies, and all the other metrics they derided not only had legitimate points, but were ultimately right.

In their minds it is better and nobler to let the DCEU crash and burn than admit any wrongdoing or that they were just being contrarian hipster trolls.
>>
>>93486723
this is an advanced level of being determined to be grumpy
>>
>>93486687
Company wars never made any sense to me. Especially when you realize that kind of shit is exactly what these corporations want. They don't really want customers, they want legions of rabid pawns chomping at the bit to ravenously consume whatever shit they're peddling that week.

>>93486723
>actively wanting a work of fiction to be bad
That's some pretty cancerous thinking there, anon.
>>
>Everyone in the world is suddenly long time fans of WW for 2 weeks
>Comic sales remain constant with no major bump

Really makes you think
>>
>>93486723
>>93486790
actually i kind of glanced over the end of that sentence, nevermind

i wonder if a janitor would lose their position if they actually aggressively removed deliberate shitposting, or if its just too much work to try that hard to salvage this board
>>
>>93486798
Tribalism is almost a human instinct. Same reason /g/ is full of Apple shilling, not to mention /v/
It's the mindset that if you belong to a group, you share the traits of that group, so if the group is successful, you share that success.
>>
lol you actually took the time to write this out
>>
>>93486812
The vast majority of movie audiences don't read comics and probably never will, this has always been the case.
>>
>>93486380
This happens with EVERYTHING that gets posted here.
>Thing announced, people complain it will be bad and others say it'll be alright
>Thing gets closer/more leaks come out, "wow it's going in a terrible direction"
>Pre-screenings go up and shitposts go massive based on how those go
>Thing releases, whiners still complain x or y ruined the movie or it was awful overall
Not even with a side or franchise, just look at almost any thread that doesn't turn into a general circlejerk. Who cares man
>>
>>93486790
>>93486798
>>93486814
I'm one of the few people who genuinely liked the character before they changed her into something almost unrecognizable, if the movie does poorly there's a small glimmer of hope that they realizing these flaws, and attempt to repair some of the damage they've done.
>>
>>93486687
In their minds, if WW was good, a movie that was completely and tonally the opposite of the predecessors in it's cinematic universe, that would mean that ultimately the masses' opinions were right which would mean that all the shittalking the previous 3 movies got from them were also right. They spent way too long on the "this is kino" train, deriding the public opinion and now that the opinion is actually in their favor, it's the opposite of what they were saying for over 2 years before.

This means they either agree with the opinions and accept the previous movies were indeed not as good as they think or stay on the mountain they chose to die on and keep touting their kino memes while deriding the very thing that is considered to be the best out of the universe.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>93486380
glad you had your little fun with your not even $700 million box office

now make way for billion dollar movies that are ACTUALLY good not just progressive points "good"
>>
>>93487144
Homecoming looks like shit
>>
>>93486687
>Both companies are doing well critically and financially now
It's still a bit premature to say that, DC has now had one critical success out of the four films in the DCEU. It's nice to see they finally got something right, but we'll have to see what they do with this information before we decide if they're going to fuck it all up again.

I do agree with you though, the company war bullshit is fucking retarded. The better things get for either side, the better everything else will have to get in order to compete. We'd never have gotten Wonder Woman if Marvel hadn't been wildly successful with the MCU, because wanting that Marvel money is the entire reason WB decided to try the shared universe thing in the first place.
>>
Does anybody remember that Marvelfag who came here bragging about getting his ass arrested for pulling the fire alarm in a Wonder Woman showing?
>>
>>93487245
No, because company wars don't matter. It's the same with DC fans saying they want to gas Marvel fans.

Literally no one gives a shit.
>>
>>93487144
Literally nobody with two braincells thinks Homecoming will be anything but shit
>>
>>93487285
H...heh yeah, company wars don't matter when based Marvel is the target!
>>
>>93487314
It doesn't matter when either company is the target. Because it's stupid to argue over petty shit like this.

It's not like you'll understand, because you're an autist who thinks liking one company makes you superior to someone else who likes an opposing company.
>>
>>93486380

next week it will lose hundreds of theaters, it doesn't matter how strong it's legs are if nobody is showing it.
>>
File: Rotten Son.jpg (1MB, 1024x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Rotten Son.jpg
1MB, 1024x1631px
Marveldrones are fucking assblasted because there's finally been a film that was well received from DC/WB and they can't wrap their heads around that.

DCucks are riding high right now because they finally got a film that wasn't godawful but they're still bitter because even the worst of the MCU doesn't give them material for sick burns as bad as pic related.

tl;dr: everyone is retarded
>>
>>93487375
>Gal Gadot
>strong legs

gud joke m8
>>
>>93487388
Dance off bro, you and me!
>>
>>93486451
The Cars movies are always among the lowest performing of the Pixar catalog and Cars 3 did about the same as the rest of the franchise. Transformers 5 however dropped hard from the previous movies and is only getting saved by China.
>>
>>93487144
>now make way for billion dollar movies that are ACTUALLY good not just progressive points "good"
Dude they replaced all Peter friends for minorities.Homecoming is the first sjwzed movie of MCU
>>
File: fisted.png (161KB, 719x340px) Image search: [Google]
fisted.png
161KB, 719x340px
>>93487388
> even the worst of the MCU doesn't give them material for sick burns as bad as pic related.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAA
*BREATH*
HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>93486380
i still havent watched it
>>
Who's ready for the JUST US League?
>>
>>93488222
go watch nigga
>>
MARVELOSERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
It hasn't surpassed Guardians of the Galaxy. I doubt it'll get more than Spider-Man by the end of the year. I don't get what's this 'Energizer of Superhero movies' the article talks about.
>>
>>93487314
When is Marvel not the target?
>>
>>93486380
>tfw i been here to saw this whole timeline transpire in front of my eyes
I..need a life
>>
>>93488271
I think it's about the fact that the movie's making money consistently week after week instead of doing like, say, BvS where more than half the earnings came from the opening weekend alone

Also it beat other summers blockbusters like Mummy and arguably Cars. Although apparently now Transformers is coming out on top, and Spider-Man is in less than two weeks
>>
>>93488667
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/25/transformers-5-is-the-worst-performing-sequel-in-modern-hollywood-history/
>>
>>93488817
Holy shit
>>
File: IMG_20170627_192459.png (211KB, 1080x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_192459.png
211KB, 1080x673px
>>93488817
Yeah, i know. But it still replaced WW as the top earner is what i meant, with Cars being 3rd, although that may change next week. Apparently it's doing well enough outside of America or something

Holy shit, Pirates is stil around?
>>
>>93486408
He was the one who fought for WW to happen... so, we kind of owe him.
>>
>>93486380
Just like the things you like and let others do the same?
>>
>>93486380
I thought it was bad movie that was so close to being amazing. The CGI wasn't that good, I didn't like the soundtrack, and the begging was kinda meh. But I could of forgave all of this if they stuck with the "you can't save the world by just beating the main villain" ending. When I heard those words watching WW I was ready to put it as one of the best superhero film out there, it was a cool and different view in a superhero movie. But that stupid final fight with Ares ruined it for me, making it as bad as the first Thor movie in my book.
>>
>>93489355
>as bad as the first Thor movie
No need to be melodramatic.
>>
>>93486380
At this rate is possible to reach 700 millions in this week?
>>
>>93488235
you mean JUST ASS League
>>
File: ZVfYg0E.jpg (528KB, 778x1015px) Image search: [Google]
ZVfYg0E.jpg
528KB, 778x1015px
>>93486380
>>
>>93489407
nope
>>
>>93489355
>making it as bad as the first Thor movie
C'mon, Thor 1 makes MoS look good, it didn't even looked like a MCU movie
>>
>>93489409
Hang in there Batman, your help is crucial to the task at hand.
>>
>>93489392
>>93489429
It's been a while since I last watched the first Thor so maybe I just need to watch it again. But beside that WW is still very low in my rating book.
>>
>>93488204
>a netflix show

You're a step away from comparing the two franchises based on who had tastier licensed breakfast cereal.
>>
File: harleyquinndrinkingtea.png (221KB, 656x357px) Image search: [Google]
harleyquinndrinkingtea.png
221KB, 656x357px
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/87544477/#87557670

>WW has to compete with Transformers 5
>Pirates of the Caribbean opens the weekend before WW, ... and the rebooted Mummy franchise with Cruise opens the weekend after.

>Wonder Woman will be dead in theaters long before June 23rd. It may well open at #2 if this is another billion dollar Pirates movie; it will almost certainly be at #3 in it's second weekend, if not #4.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/86321269/#86321679
>But Wonder Woman, a movie that nobody cares about, is competing directly against Transformers 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
>Poor Wondy is going to get spitroasted by Jack Sparrow and the demonic, psycho version of Optimus Prime.

>https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/91354796/#91375308
>The Mummy with Cruise I think will draw big numbers. If people can get over how weird it is to see Cruise in a fantasy film, I think people are really gonna dig it.

>Transformers will make a billion dollars with the help of Anthony Hopkins. We'll all complain and wonder why but it'll make a billion.

>And poor Wonder Woman is caught in the middle of this gangbang.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/90415888/#90436635
>DCU movie
>lead actor who can't act
>leaked plot synopsis is fucking awful
>Is going up against the second week of Pirates 5, then has The Mummy coming out the week after

>I can't see it doing well at all.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/87478322/#87487316
>Wonder Woman opens at #2 behind Pirates 5 second weekend
>Fades to #4 behind The Mummy and WWZ2 in second weekend

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/85244499/#85246787

>Unexperienced director
>Rushed production
>Heavily touched-up script
>Story by Zack Snyder
>Script by a guy whose Wonder Woman series pitch was not good enough even for the CW.
>Gal Gadot leading a movie
>Stacked up against Baywatch and Pirates of the Caribbean on the week before, Bad Boys III on the same week, and The Mummy and World War Z 2 on the following week
>>
>>93486380
>23rd highest grossing comic book adaptation
WOW IT'S NOTHING
>>
>>93489513
You already made a thread and got no replies. Nobody cares
>>
>>93489513
I DON'T FUCKING CARE. NOBODY FUCKING CARES.

FUCK DC FAGS
>>
>>93489568
>>93489540
m a d
>>
>>93486380
Literally nobody said Captain Underpants and the Mummy would beat this. Why must DC fags lie?
>>
>>93489624
But they said transformers was going to destroy it,it didn't nothing the drop actually slowed down.
>>
>>93489624
I saw at least three "Captain Underpants is going bury WW" threads.

Why are Marvelcucks lying?
>>
>>93486380
I was absolutely wrong about Wonder Woman and I was happy to see it blew my expectations.

But you're an enormous faggot and I can't believe you actually took the time to type out such a longwinded strawman post. Also it's hilarious how critic scores suddenly matter to DCfags now that something has finally passed the fresh threshhold.
>>
>>93488817
I hope so fucking badly that Transformers gets rebooted. And, of course, I hope that Bay is basically told not to come back.
>>
>>93489624
Literally right here.
>>93489513
>>
>>93486734
I'm happy to see WW doing so well since it will help Warner to make more DC movies and seeing the doom and gloom rumor perpetuating haters get BTFO is always amusing, but it doesn't change the fact that WW was a mediocre movie at best. All this really proved was that sadly current audiences will praise anything capeshit related that caters to a very specific and uninspired "it's colorful and fun like a pg cartoon!" vibe.
>>
>>93486380
I think even Warner Bros. didn't see this movie becoming a critical hit. Not that I'm complaining because Marvel has some competition to live up to.
>>
File: 1465018611381.jpg (77KB, 1598x671px) Image search: [Google]
1465018611381.jpg
77KB, 1598x671px
>>93489540
>got no replies
>replies
>>
File: Justice.jpg (203KB, 661x668px) Image search: [Google]
Justice.jpg
203KB, 661x668px
>>93489638
It's nice that the Transformers franchise might be finally crapping out.
It's nice that Wonder Woman might threaten the $700 million dollar mark. It's nice that WB finally figured out that if you are attempting to make your own Avengers, you might just have to make movies much like the MCU.

Everything is going well for you, congrats.

No one cheering for Marvel is going to be upset until Homecoming or Ragnarok craters, they aren't bothered/threatened/frightened of Wonder Woman's box office.

If anything it's nice to see Fox and WB getting their shit together (looks at Sony).
>>
>>93489707
>mediocre

It actually isn't. Sure, the third act's a little weak and the fight with Ares reeks of being a Snyder shitfest, but overall the movie's pretty good. In particular I was really impressed by Gadot, sure her accent is a little annoying but she had great charisma and screen presence. Also good chemistry with Pine, who was phenomenal. The action was also generally pretty good.
>>
>>93489707
>but it doesn't change the fact that WW was a mediocre movie at best. All this really proved was that sadly current audiences will praise anything capeshit related that caters to a very specific and uninspired "it's colorful and fun like a pg cartoon!" vibe.
Niche tastes meant niche sales. I am sorry that you have preferences that don't resemble those of the general public, but you don't spend 200+ million dollars on a film just to deliberately lose half of it.

The public will like what they like and you are not going to force feed them anything.
>>
File: 1381958191278.jpg (48KB, 286x268px) Image search: [Google]
1381958191278.jpg
48KB, 286x268px
>>93489676
Quit hyperventilating and show us where the Marvel fanboy touched you.
>>
>>93489741
>It's nice that WB finally figured out that if you are attempting to make your own Avengers
Avengers is literally a Justice League rip off and Marvel don't even deny it.
>>
>>93489797
We're talking movies here, if you hadn't noticed yet.
>>
>>93489822
Oh sorry,they ripped of Superman classic trilogy style too as well.
>>
>>93489834
What are you going on about? Superman was a Quadrilogy, through 3 different directors.
>>
>>93489778
>"STOP LYING THIS NEVER HAPPENED"
>Is proved wrong
>"WOW YOU REALLY ARE HYPERVENTILATING AREN'T YOU?"
I miss when Marvelcucks weren't /v/irgin-tier.
>>
>>93489797
The Avengers were never marvel's JL, in fact it was a team made of secondaries often used to try experiment with characters that otherwise weren't strong enough to carry their own books, like for example Black Night, which is why someone like Hulk went in and out of the group so often since he was more famous

It eventually evolved into that role, but it wasn't conceived that way

But as the other anon said, as far as movies go JL wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Avengers. WB tried in the past but never went through
>>
>>93489879
>in fact it was a team made of secondaries often used to try experiment with characters that otherwise weren't strong enough to carry their own books, like for example Black Night, which is why someone like Hulk went in and out of the group so often since he was more famous
So is a Justice Society rip off created one year later after Justice League sucess to get some spotlight.
>>
>>93486451
Yeah but man people were saying that Captain Underpants would preform better box office wise.

Captain Underpants.
>>
>>93489981
I remember it being more of a "What if CU made more than WW? Would DCEUshills shit themselves?"

Which was a stupid question.
DCEUshills were going to shit themselves regardless, as this thread proves.
>>
>>93489568
This you freaks are a cancer that needs to be removed
>>
>>93489939
Why would you create these posts illustrating your unfamiliarity with comic books?
Just to get called out on it?
>>
I just want to be here on /co/ when DCEUfriends are forced to acknowledge Sweet Joss Whedon as the savior of their comic universe.
>>
>>93490039
Nigga you didn't even knew about justice society before my comment, just fuck off.
>>
>>93490021
Why would they though? It's stupid. Is it just Snyderfags?
>>
>>93489355
>But I could of forgave all of this if they stuck with the "you can't save the world by just beating the main villain" ending
I mean, Doctor Strange already did this so..
>>
>>93490122
You realize that the Justice League is a "rip off" of Justice Society, if anything, right?
>>
>>93486380
>no one even knows who Wonder Woman is
Stopped reading at th first sentence. If you don't live under a rock, chances are that you'll know who fucking Wonder Woman is. This wasn't like them trying to make a Martian Manhunter or Vixen movie.
>>
>>93489513
>tfw one of these is mine
Nobody will ever know.
>>
>>93490136
They've been anally devastated since Green Lantern to the point where they don't even make sense anymore.
>>
>>93489981
>Captain Underpants would preform better box office wise.
That's because children cartoons rake in the most cash. The Despicable Me franchise manages to make hundred of millions, Boss Baby manage to make 500 million worldwide and one of the top ten most grossing films last year was The Secret Life of Pets.

The fact that CU was a failure is a legitimate surprise.
>>
>>93490168
One week before the movie, anons were saying that Captain Marvel Carol Danvers is more well-known than Wonder Woman.

I shit you not,
>>
>>93490188
The big difference is that CU caters to boys.
>>
>>93489879
>The Avengers were never marvel's JL
Yes it literally was, put a team to unite all heroes and created as a response to JL sucess from 3 years before
>in fact it was a team made of secondaries
Thor and Hulk are secondaries now?By your logic JL is the same shit since there is members like cyborg and Martian Manhuntter
>It eventually evolved into that role, but it wasn't conceived that way
Nope
>>
>>93490168
Everybody knows who Wonder Woman is as a name. Nobody knows who she really is as a person, like her origin or values or rogues gallery, the same way they do Batman and Superman. Maybe until now.

I still believe if you ask some rando on the street they won't know what her Earth name is or what Themyscara is or any of her villains that isn't Greek god related but the movie is a start
>>
>>93486723
Captain Marvel is DC, you retard.
>>
>>93489774
I'm quite happy I don't share same tastes as the general public. If I did I would have wasted money on five Transformers movies and all those the Hunger games sequels.
>>
>>93490155
Not really comparable. Strange was about outsmarting an "unbeatable" villain rather than attempting to overpower him. TAO's comments to Strange about how the Sorcerer Supreme differs from the Avengers earlier plays into that, it was about finding a way to protect the Earth from a different class of threats.
>>
>>93490391
>dr strange does the same
>b-but wait, he used prep time and voodoo so is not the same! W-what you mean by Constantine?Wtf is a constantine?
>>
>>93489355
The character theme is awesome though and might actually cause other hero movies to introduce some.
The only time i found the cgi to be grating as during the fight scenes though, they should've just stuck to what their stunt actors can do with wires instead of going dragonball like snyder
>>
>>93492241
Well, it is a better movie anyway.

And this is coming from someone that actualy liked WW.
>>
>>93486644
>looks at writing credits
>Story by Zack Snyder

>Looks at MOS writing credits
>Story by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan

>looks at BVS writing credits David Goyer and Chris Terrio

Damn....

Really makes you think.
>>
>>93486408
This.
>>
>>93486571
>Wonder Woman has surprisingly strong legs

indeed she does.
>>
>>93492370
So we can assume that is Zack fault at being a terrible director since we can compare the highly TDK trilogy to the infamous dawn of the dead,watchmen and 300
>>
>>93486518
Wonder Woman and Batman vs Superman have convinced me that the Mandela effect is real. I legitimately believe that we saw different movies if you think BvS was anything but shit, and/or that WW was shit.
>>
>>93486380
>The Mummy critically panned and flopped.
So the only "dark Universe" will involve Constantine...
Who am I kidding, it will take del toro forever to do that movie...
>>
>>93488204
I still don't understand why this was rated so low.
It was slow, but I ended up enjoying it more than JJ.
>>
>>93493653
>kung fu series
>slow
That's the problem, also a kung fu series/movie with shitty choreography is instantly shitty and boyyy that was a shitty choreography
>>
Wonder Woman was successful because it was accessible, my mom's friends could go see it and not be confused or challenged

I understand that and I understand why from a business perspective it makes more sense to do a toon-y shallow romp for casuals than to really pull the knives out and explore the core conflicts and contradictions of the characters

I have no idea why anyone here would want that over the direction we could have had for the franchise, even if they had issues with its implementation so far

I guess if you have kids or something it makes sense...
>>
>>93493810
>I have no idea why anyone here would want that over the direction we could have had for the franchise, even if they had issues with its implementation so far
The people paying to get the films made want it. If you don't like it, fund your own films. There is an entire industry making films you talk about, they are called Art House. You are complaining that something that is mass market isn't niche enough.
>>
>>93486380
You're right.
Its just MoS, BvS, and Skwadkeks on suicide watch.
>>
>>93494015
No, I'm not complaining about anything and in fact laid out quite clearly that "I understand why from a business perspective it makes more sense"

That's not the intent or substance of my post at all

I'm asking why, specifically, adult comic fans on this board would want a simplified, broad shallow and accessible tourists view of the source material rather than something that assumes your familiar with the basic tropes and narrative and bends those a bit to give you something with a little more depth and substance
>>
>>93490251
not exactly. It refers to two characters.

Captain Marvel aka Shazam, which the company is pretty much using for the character now instead of the former.

Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers, who has basically taken over the name from DC.
>>
>>93488204
>78% liked it
critics are snobs, it was a good show. Only hipsters disagree.
>>
>>93493541
Del Toro dropped out a year ago or two didn't he?
>>
>>93494231
Funny how bad nu-male bloggers tried to berate it for 'white saviordom'

That said, it wasn't very good
But neither was JJ or LC and those were both given passes for being "groundbreaking" and "important" hehe
>>
>>93486812
If the Avengers and Nolan's Batman didn't get people to increase comic book sales on a long-term basis, what makes you think WW would? People browsing /co/ are well aware of the fact that the audience of these superhero cape films aren't fans of the source material that is, to be fair, really different to its cinematic counterpart.
>>
>>93494202
>I'm asking why, specifically, adult comic fans on this board would want a simplified, broad shallow and accessible tourists view of the source material rather than something that assumes your familiar with the basic tropes and narrative and bends those a bit to give you something with a little more depth and substance
Basic tropes exist because they work. If they suck they wouldn't be tropes.

Trying to avoid tropes is hard, and there is no reward for failing while trying to be innovative. BvS failed to achieve what it was trying to do, and no one should reward it for a botched job. You should always reward a film for succeeding and not for failing.
>>
>>93490251
Technically Captain Marvel is Fawcett Comics first, then Marvel, then DC.
FC - ~1939
Marvel - ~1968
DC - ~1972
>>
>>93494231
By your logic all DCEU movies were good and only hipsters disagree
>>
File: 1458888578070.jpg (44KB, 301x481px) Image search: [Google]
1458888578070.jpg
44KB, 301x481px
>>93494432
LOL
>>
>>93494432
Well, only one DC film has a audience score as high as Iron Fist.
>>
>>93486380
>>no one even knows who Wonder Woman is
Who the fuck said this?
>>
>>93494224
No she hasn't.
>>
>>93493810
>Wonder Woman was successful because it was accessible, my mom's friends could go see it and not be confused or challenged
See, here's the thing. You know how sometimes detractors will claim that Diana is way too hard for audiences to understand, that she's somehow more alien than Superman?

Well this movie proves that's a fat load of crap. Island of immortal warrior chicks, princess who likes to help people. Boom, done. Nobody was confused, or weirded out, and it made a cool 700mil.

>This will never work as a film, the premise is too alienating!
Those idiots got blown the fuck out, as it were. I do love when /co/'s rampant stupidity bites it in the ass.
>>
>>93493653
It got rated low because people were mad it was a white guy doing kung-fu.
>>
>>93489981
if boss baby could, I don't see how captain underpants shouldn't have done it
>>
>>93495041
Boss Baby was up against a shitty anime adaptation by a very shitty director who's claim to fame was a shitty snow White movie that's only remembered because he fucked the star of the movie.

WW was helmed by the director of Monster. Turned out to be a good film with good word of mouth
>>
>>93486592
Because DC movies were as good as dead and this movie following that trend would have just confirmed it. Instead it was actually good, and did things even marvel doesn't with their movies. It was a fresh superhero movie.
>>
>>93489513
I like how mad they still are even after you pull these receipts. It's delicious.
>>
>>93495777
>and did things even marvel doesn't with their movies
I'm genuinely curious now. Such as?
>>
File: 1495307669752.jpg (34KB, 668x437px) Image search: [Google]
1495307669752.jpg
34KB, 668x437px
>>93486380
>>
>Oooh, a baby!
>>
>>93489707
>Using "cartoon" as a pejorative on the comics and cartoons board
I've never had call to save it but I really do wish I had the "where do you think you are" picture now/.
>>
File: Banner Ruffalo.png (164KB, 354x252px) Image search: [Google]
Banner Ruffalo.png
164KB, 354x252px
>>93495777
WW was as if someone took First Avenger, smashed it together with Thor, and put (fake rubber) tits on it.

I say this with no disrespect; all three movies are very watcheable for about 2/3rds of their total run.
>>
>>93495839
Aside from spiderman, how often were the other marvel characters doing your standard hero shit in their movies? A lot of the action is either against villains or against each other. Fighting, but not much in the way of saving the day.

She had a slow and well done character arc throughout the movie. The climax for the action was the climax for that arc. Maybe you could say Thor had the same, but it wasn't nearly as dramatic or well done. Iron Man had his in just a couple scenes, but it wasn't part of the story.

There was plenty of action throughout the movie. Compared with most of the marvel ones with only bursts of action like they're trying to savor it, WW had an extra helping of it spread through the earlier leg of the film to keep things from feeling dry.

The movie had an actual moral that was well done and part of the character's development.

It had an actual score, not some unmemorable thing put together from the test tracks because the directors of marvel movies apparently don't care for music in their movies and will just put a copy of the star trek theme in because it sounds ok. On top of that the theme they made was great.
>>
>>93496205
It's like you're unable to remember movies for longer than an entire year.
>>
>>93495839
suck
>>
>>93493653
>but I ended up enjoying it more than JJ.
thats not hard
>>
I never seen Marvelfags so... defeated...
>>
>>93496278
Yeah, sure anon, say I'm wrong, but by all means don't be bothered to elaborate. Otherwise you might reveal that you're full of shit and just desperate to be contrarian.
>>
>>93489409
I'm optimistic for Aquaman and Batman. I just don't think Snyder does Superman justice, pun not intended.
>>
>>93496339
Yet JJ is rated so much higher. I don't get it.
>>
>>93496418
one had a higher appeal for you and people like you, but another had less of an appeal with any one group but a broader appeal overall.

Nothing wrong with either.
>>
>>93495939
>WW was as if someone took First Avenger
Because it has a shield?
>Thor
It has nothing to do with thor, you didn't even watched any of those 3 movies
>>
>>93486380
Nobody on all of 4chan stood against this movie in any way after it released and proved itself to be the best DCEU movie so far. The only criticisms people had were that it was "overpopular" which is actually a form of praise.
>>
>>93486380
it hasnt made back its 300 million marketing budget yet
>>
>>93497840
>its 300 million marketing budget

Sauce?
>>
File: Wonder Woman 5.jpg (57KB, 634x427px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman 5.jpg
57KB, 634x427px
>>93496713
Noble-hearted hero takes a big risk to make a difference in a worldwide war that Superscience is threatening to escalate into an unimaginable catastrophe? Chemically enhanced super-strong commander?

Fish out of water story involving a warrior-hero from a mythological society living in a remote paradise? Hero falls in love with LITERALLY the first mortal they lay eyes on?
>>
>>93497234
It's been lavished with over-exhuberant "You Go Girl" enthusiasm, but it is a solidly entertaining movie that stands up well aside the Marvel offerings.
>>
>>93498092
I'd argue that it's better than a lot of Marvel's recent offerings. The Snyderfags are right about one thing, at least: Marvel has gotten incredibly cookie-cutter. Wonder Woman has its own style as a film. It's just that it gets to have that style while also being a competently made film and a competently told story, because Patty Jenkins is a real director.
>>
File: Thor.jpg (553KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
553KB, 1600x1200px
>>93498057
Oh and all three movies are weakest in their 3rd act final confrontation, I might add.
>>
>>93498168
I'd like to know your definition of "lot" and "recent" but then you throw (cookie-cutter) out there and I realize you're just a buzz-word shitting contrarian and I lose interest in the rest of your posts.
>>
>>93495839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o This
>>
Wonder Woman was Man of Steel done right. It had all the good parts of that movie: the mythical and operatic tone, the sense of grandeur and gravitas in its world, the exploration of the character on a personal level and within their heroic persona being intertwined but still distinct, and the theme of the heroes purpose being as much to inspire others to greatness as to do great deeds themselves. It was everything that makes DC different from Marvel, and is the first DC movie since Man of Steel to not feel like it was trying to splice Marvel into its DNA.

It also discarded all the shit that ruined those good elements in Man of Steel and replaced them with fun, joy, and a palpable sense of adventure. Also the plot was better than MoS's

Basically I'm just going to pretend that Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad never existed and that MoS and Wonder Woman were the only DC movies thus far.
>>
>>93498233
I got as far as a minute and a half in, where he starts criticizing Guardians of the Galaxy for being irreverent and not TOTALLY SERIOUS BZNSS.

I myself did not care for the odd humor moments in Dr. Strange, but this guy is up his own ass. And for the record, snarking in stressful situations IS RDjr's Tony Stark since movie one.
>>
>>93498233

I find this really interesting because the whole Bathos thing is why I kept finding myself annoyed with Guardian's Vol. 2, and yet in the end left the movie feeling like it was my favorite Marvel movie because all those times they used a joke to derail the drama made the final time when they DIDN'T and let the feels flow that much more special. They set up the expectation that we would never get the emotional payoff, exploiting not just its own runtime but incorporating the general expectations of the MCU as a whole, and subverted it for the ending to brilliant effect.
>>
>>93498435

He didn't criticize Guardians simply by citing it as an example of what he was talking about. Guardian's irreverence and its parody of the expectations of its genre is one of the cores of the work because the protagonists are not traditional heroes. He's criticizing Dr. Strange, the Guardians scenes just illustrate the point he's making.
>>
>>93498569
Guardians has always advertised itself as an irreverent action comedy, even in the first trailers.
Dr Strange doesn't deserve a pass because it sold itself as a Serious Hero Origin Story and it went way over it's comedy-budget.

But harping on Guardians is like taking the piss out of Mystery Men for being irreverent.
>>
File: 1498010957311.jpg (37KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498010957311.jpg
37KB, 479x349px
>>93486406
>Statistics are strawman arguments
>The first post in the thread is a response
I honestly can't tell if this is a serious response, or if this kind of shitposting is just a kneejerk reaction at this point
>>
File: Tony Stark3.jpg (689KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Stark3.jpg
689KB, 1440x900px
>>93498569
He also harps on Tony Stark for snarking in tense situations.
Which has been Tony's coping mechanism since the very first movie. It's a core element of his character. He'd have an argument if Cap was bantering back at him.

Fanboy whining doesn't become especially profound just because it's recorded on Youtube.
>>
>>93498625

I watched the whole thing and I can tell you that he isn't harping on Guardians. In fact he specifically says that it works in Guardians BECAUSE they are comedies after the point you stopped watching. Again, he's using them as illustrations of his complaints about Dr. Strange and the MCU as a whole after Whedon left and those who replaced him over-fixated on Whedon-style dialogue at the cost of drama.

I didn't find myself agreeing with everything he said, particularly a breakdown he did of a scene in Civil War, but he makes some good points. Its worth watching the whole thing.
>>
>>93498712

I actually agree with you, I thought his analysis of the Civil War scene was way off base. He's complaining about Tonal Whiplash damaging drama when the driver of that drama is a character who cloaks himself in tonal whiplash.

That said, I think he was pretty dead on about Dr. Strange as a case study of the general flaws the MCU as a whole since Whedon left. As I said in a different post, I'm glad Guardians Vol 2 seems to have seen those problems and addressed them to a point, and in fact managed to use them to create a really emotional finale.
>>
File: Thor glasses.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Thor glasses.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>93498741
Captain America' trilogy has been earnest Hero-stuff from the start, and consistently so.

Thor's lighter tone started before Whedon's films were ever a thing, and have remained so.

Iron Man has always thrived on the cool factor of the armors and Robert Downey Jr. turning his own smartass up to 11.

It's not in Marvel Studio's interest to start grimming up their films unless they start focusing on gritty heroes. (which has been the case with the Netflix seasons, to good effect).

What fucked up the DCEU for so long was trying to apply Nolan's trilogy where it wasn't appropriate or fitting. I think it's positive that they've brought in other talent for stuff like WW.
Given that they are going with Dudebro Aquaman and Parker-Flash, it's entirely appropriate that they've enlisted Whedon to add human elements to Justice League.
>>
>>93498814
Ant-Man was always going to be somewhat of an odd comedy; they hired Edgar Wright for Pete's sake. You keep saying "the MCU as a whole" but it's really just Doctor Strange you're going on about. We get it. Even the MCU fanboys weren't terribly fond of the Beyonce shit. Hopefully Marvel has gotten the message the same way WB has.
>>
>>93498866
well said
>>
>>93498866

Personally I think what fucked up the DCEU for so long was trying to fix Man of Steel's building blocks by incorporating more Marvel-style storytelling and Summer 'Splosion-fest Spectacle. The Nolanisms were part of Man of Steel's issues, but they weren't the only ones, and they weren't the things that truly damaged what came afterward. Frankly, Wonder Woman has way more in common with Man of Steel than Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad or any Marvel movie except maybe Iron Man 1 or Cap 1.
>>
File: Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg (54KB, 725x461px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg
54KB, 725x461px
>>93498971
There is absolutely zero Marvel DNA in Man of Steel.
That thing is stridently anti-"Marvel Formula" in every regard.

To think, I've lurked long enough for Man of Steel to somehow get blamed on Marvel Studios film-making. What a world.

And Wonder Woman has far more in common, tonally, with the larger MCU than with any of the Snyder films, whatever you might think.
>>
>>93486691
it was for Tron Legacy apparently.
>>
>>93498911

I actually really liked Ant Man. When I say I think the video had a point about Dr. Strange being indicative of a problem the MCU as a whole, I was more referring to what we've thus far seen of Homecoming and Ragnarok, and the fact that despite saving it at the end with a fantastic finish I do think the Guardians 2 went too far in a few places. I don't want to pre-judge Homecoming or Ragnarok or take away from what Guardians 2 did right, but I do think its something to be wary of.
>>
>>93498911
>
What the video said about Marvels format is true though. It's all jokes, all the time, regardless of the cost. At lest WW had actual funny joke moments, not quips, and knew when it was appropriate to use humor. Unlike GOTG2 which had like 10 minutes of Baby Groot dancing, Marvel is gonna shill him until he becomes the next Minions.
>>
File: BATFLECK2.jpg (299KB, 1900x952px) Image search: [Google]
BATFLECK2.jpg
299KB, 1900x952px
>>93498971
Oh I apologize, you are blaming BvS on Marvel Studios.
No, sorry that was pure Snyder and Goyer shitfest turned to maximum. It's everything Snyder has been hard at since Watchmen, further crippled by Goyer's inability to build a story that isn't one silly contrivance piled upon another.
>>
>>93499072
So you're saying you are troubled by Spider-Man QUIPPING, and by Thor's single dudebro moment with the Hulk.
I think you need to relax.
>>
>>93499085
I haven't seen guardians 2 yet but didn't one of the end credit scenes have him as a teenager already?
>>
>>93499047

Did you misread what I said on accident or intentionally? I said the DCU tried to FIX the percieved critical failings of Man of Steel by adding Marvelisms to what came after, BvS and SS, when the lack of Marvelisms wasn't the problem with MoS.

As for WW's tone, if you're talking about the character dynamics and the dialouge you've got a point, although again I would limit that similarity to Cap 1 and Iron Man 1, but if you're including the look of the movie, the music, and the general impressions of inspiration and grandeur then its way more along Man of Steel's line than anything Marvel. Marvel always has a "street level," feeling on those scores, even in Thor 1 and 2 and Avengers 1.
>>
>>93499123
The problem is that Spider-Man IS the quipster, but that fact becomes totally pointless because EVERY Marvel movie is a quipfest. If it gets any quipier it'll go full shtick and become like Angie Tribeca shit.
>>
>>93498057
Damn anon

>Noble-hearted hero
every single capeshit movie
>to make a difference in a worldwide
>Superscience
>worldwide war
You can say that even about Zod invasion in Superman classic movies
>Chemically enhanced super-strong commander?
Bland similarity that even happened in spiderman but ok

>Fish out of water story involving a warrior-hero from a mythological society
so thor is a he-man movie, got it
living in a remote paradise? Hero falls in love with LITERALLY the first mortal they lay eyes on?
That's in WW origin that predate Thor,you can't really say that's her copying in this one but the other way around

Anon I'm starting to think that you saw the plot in some site instead of watching the movie, I think you don't read comics as well
>>
>>93498057
>>93498168

But those elements are carry-overs from the comics, the original source, I'm sure Steve Trevor predates Jane Foster by 2 decades thus the Thor film too.

And both Cap and Wondy got involved in the WWII around the same time though Cap was literally war propaganda so making a difference in the war was his gimmick
>>
>>93486380

>already passed MoS in the US at least
>will soon pass Suicide Squad and BvS

Could she possible take a shot at Dolan Bats next?
>>
>>93499459
>Could she possible take a shot at Dolan Bats next?

It already surpassed Begins, but I doubt it will surpass the 500 million domestic box office of TDR and Big Guy Rises each
>>
>>93486571
Huh. She might actually overtake Deadpool. Honestly hope she trounces the shitshow that was Batman is a retard vs Superman is a manbaby: Dawn of Stupid. WW is a genuinely decent movie that at least understands who its main character is and didn't fuck it up.
>>
>>93486380

you could add to the pasta that instead of burying WW, Cars itself sunk enough on its 2nd weekend to have to fight WW for 2nd place when Bayformers opened.
>>
>>93487232
>We'd never have gotten Wonder Woman if Marvel hadn't been wildly successful with the MCU, because wanting that Marvel money is the entire reason WB decided to try the shared universe thing in the first place.
This, right here
Remember the "here's a talking racoon" meme? While WB was dicking around with yet another reboot, Marvel has cohesive shared universe making ass tons of cash with Fox able to print money with anything related to the X franchise.
>>
>>93499071
:(
>>
>>93499103

To be fair Snyder doesn't seem to be a good actors' director either kinda like George Lucas, in BvS all the characters looked like those artists performing as living statues you see on the streets delivering epic trailer lines like "do you bleed" or whatever all in close-up shots, and Gadot was making the same dumb face in all the scenes, while in Wonder Woman somehow she was more expressive and likeable, I guess Patty Jenkins is better at directing actors, though I believe Snyder secretly directed all the action scenes of that movie, since they look just like his style.
>>
Are we getting a Snyderized "Wonder Woman stands her ground against crazed Superman" in the DCEU now? There's been at least 2 of those in modern comics and Johns himself wrote one.
>>
>>93487232
Yes it made them try it sooner but DC was the first company to publically announce plans for a shared universe in the future, just like marvel was planning to do a female superhero movie but waited to see wonder woman sucess to really invest on it.
>>
>>93499459
At this rate she will make 360-380 if the competition don't get too intense
>>
>>93500618
Also 700-740 globally
>>
>>93486408
>both Zack & Deborah Snyder were producers
>story co-written by Zack Snyder, Heinberg, Geoff Johns and Jason Fuchs

Really makes you think...
>>
File: 1497227400836.png (2MB, 1280x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1497227400836.png
2MB, 1280x1140px
>>93486380

>Can't Bar the Gal
>>
>>93501042
No it doesn't.
Any dipshit can sign checks or get a story credit.
>>
>>93501166
That doesn't even rhyme. You could've said
>Can't corral the Gal
or
>Can't blunder the Wonder
>>
>>93489513
lol
>>
>>93500201
The only absolutely Snyder-ish part of Wonder Woman is the fight with Ares at the end. It has the feeling of the Doomsday fight from Batman vs Superman. It also happens to be the worst thing in the movie. I'm not saying there's a relation there, but it is there.
>>
>>93501042
>"well i think you should make her edgy because is cool"
>"no thanks snyder"
>Ok but I made a suggestion so I'm co-writter now, put my name in the credits
>>
>>93486380
>Apologize.
And now I'm going to have that Hollywood Undead song stuck in my head all night. Thanks Asshole.
>>
>>93501166
>>93501291
Or
>Can't stall the gal.
>>
>>93486380
I wanted it to fail to force DC to actually put some effort into their films. Now they'll just keep going even if Wonder Woman is their only good film.
>>
>>93488977

WB has been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie for OVER a decade plus, well before Zach was still putting the finishing touches on Watchman.

>>93489650
>three "Captain Underpants

More. Ridiculously so. Just like there were threads that said the DCEU would be saved by a film this year but meaning Lego Batman. This site is littered with the insider whispers and "I Know Someone Who Serves Kevin/Zach His Morning Cereal" and opinions that 95% end up being talk out of their ass.
>>
File: LA Beast vs Wonder Woman.png (815KB, 1216x865px) Image search: [Google]
LA Beast vs Wonder Woman.png
815KB, 1216x865px
>>
>>93489513
You know when when you put it that way WWs performance is even more impresive. Imagine what the could have done if they'd spent real money on promotion
>>
Bump so i can read
>>
>>93493392
you're just a bizarro
>>
>>93486380
>"T-The Mummy will crash this movie with no survivors! Can't Bruise The Cruise!"

I wanted both to succeed
>>
>>93489741
>Wonder Woman opens at #2 behind Pirates 5 second weekend
>Fades to #4 behind The Mummy and WWZ2 in second weekend

>DCfriends faces when

You're a really shitty troll, ladderbro.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.