[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Has the largest animation library of any other network in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (5KB, 421x120px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 421x120px
>Has the largest animation library of any other network in history
>Over 2,000 cartoon shorts
>Literally ownership of 60% of animated shorts produced in the US
>Only shows Teen Titans Go all day, every day

why?!?!?!
>>
>>93481864
Yeah this is a fucking good question . Why don't they do like an early morning boomarang esqe block of classic Cnw cartoons ? Did they lose all footage or what ?
>>
Believe it or not anon they cater to children and most children are either in school or playing outside midday and no one gives a fuck about sick kids. What makes you think they'll change their schedule for adults? You already have [adult swim].
>>
File: 1496592037298.jpg (29KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1496592037298.jpg
29KB, 457x381px
>>93481864
it's cause' anuhmei is superior
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
It just isn't the same without insensitive jabs at minorities.
>>
>>93481962
Wow we really are /co/mblr

Is this a summer thing?
>>
>>93481962
Next you're going to try and tell us that Speedy Gonzales is a problem.
>>
I never really got why CN doesn't just reair old shows all day. I mean, if they replay all of TTGo it certainly seems like children aren't opposed to watching the same shit over and over, so airing old cartoons saves them from having to pay for more episodes of TTGo. If they're gonna full on stop caring it seems like the more cost efficient way to go about it.

Do they think audiences won't watch older shows? Or it there some contracts that don't let them use those shows or something?
>>
Even my 8 year old niece, who loved ttg,says she's getting tired of it.
>>
>>93481900
This is true, CN would play a bunch of Hanna-Barbera shit back when I would have sick days. But once 4pm came around until Adult Swim there would be a good amount of variety.

Rotating only six shows throughout the entire day is pretty dismal, but its probably working out for them.
>>
>>93482056
Honestly kids should see what their parents grew up watching. Especially the old WWII propaganda cartoons like Der Führer's Face and the others. Think of it like a history of animation
>>
>>93482117
We never saw those. Going to the movie theater was too expensive for kids.
>>
>>93482243
I would say air them today but PC is out of control
>>
Very early morning = Current CN

Early morning = old timey

Afternoons = early 2000s CN

late afternoons/early evenings = current programming

night = adult swim

how CN should solve the current TTG crisis
>>
File: mussolini-histeria-76.9.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
mussolini-histeria-76.9.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
>>93482268
Histeria once had an ep that made fun of Hitler at least

Mussolini too in a incredibly bizarre way. He was basically a franken-style monster in some sort of full body HAZMAT suit that would only grunt and shoot spaghetti/meatballs out of his hands

The spaghetti part is easy but the rest I still don't understand
>>
>>93481864
TTG go makes more ad revenue in every time slot on CN so they put it in as much as they can so they make more.
>>
>>93482286
This will kill the network, ratings are already slowly slipping. Spamming what works has shown to lead to failure, see Nickelodeon with Spongebob or Marvel comics with events/SJW.
>>
>>93482294
Civil War was a mistake. As was Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum
>>
>>93482017
you dont think that is problematic to depict mexicans as lazy and law breaking?
>>
>>93482017
I mean I wouldn't make that call

but I really wouldn't be surprised if a modern executive put a ban on showing certain old cartoons since they might be viewed as racially insensitive now and they don't want the trouble
>>
Nonstop gumball here in the UK
>>
>>93482320
>mexicans as lazy and law breaking?

Pretty sure you're confusing spics with niggers
>>
>>93482344
all the mice are shown as slow and lazy except speedy, who uses his speed to break the law (thieving and border crossing) and avoiding "the big cats" (Americans).
>>
>>93482320
Hey, That's slowpoke Rodriguez you stupid fuck!
>>
>>93481864
It's cheaper.
>>
>>93481891
They showed Tom & Jerry and Loony Tunes hour blocks at 11 a.m. for years. I tried to start threads about them on /co/ a couple times, but not many people talked about them. TBF, most people are working at that hour.
>>
>>93482286
This makes sense, it's not that it gets better ratings consistently across the board, it's that advertisers are willing to pay more to advertise between TTG, so CN just chains episodes together endlessly.
>>
I find, from babysitting my various nieces and nephews, that when kids today see an episode of a show they like, they want to watch more of THAT show... now. The age of on demand media has made kids who don't understand the concept of "you get one episode and then you watch something else", they want to just binge everything. And so CN just caters to that by figuring out which videos kids are watching for hours on end, and building their schedule around them.
>>
>>93482334
Based.
>>
>>93482320
>it's an 'anon doesn't realize that Mexico loves the shit out of Speedy' episode
Get a little culture in your life, boyo
>>
>>93482628

Yeah, kids don't really understand the concept of scheduled television anymore. I don't think my nephews have ever watched network tv, it is all netflix or hulu for them.
>>
>>93482746
it doesn't matter what they think, the opinion of the usa is what matters.
>>
>>93482268
Yup. That's why I got a Mac.
>>
>>93482334
I'm sorry.
>>
>>93482878
Very funny smartass
>>
>>93481864
Money
>>
>>93482426
>Slowpoke Rodriguez
>lazy of law breaking
He just has a muscle problem. Which he's very aware of, because he blows the brains out of anyone who actually fucks with him with his pistol.

https://youtu.be/wYi_hq2p1Ac
>>
>implying children watch cable anymore

it's a dying medium only kept alive by waifu/lorefriends

the money's in gaming youtubers nowadays
>>
>>93481864
i get why they want to just show whatever they think will make them the most money. but they should really do more in terms of selling or leasing their unaired IP to other services like netflix etc.
>>
>>93481864
>Wanting old shows to return
It's over. Let those old shows stay gone.
>>
>>93481864
Cuz you're watching CN during filler hours
>>
>>93481864
Children aren't watching TV all day because you know they have school, so when they aren't supposed to be watching it's cheaper to rerun teen titans go instead of a cartoon children will never see because they are,you know, in school. Sorry that a cartoon channel doesn't have neet as their target audience.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.