[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you know, if you think about it, this show was really progressive.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: drawntogetherlogo.jpg (58KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
drawntogetherlogo.jpg
58KB, 400x291px
you know, if you think about it, this show was really progressive.

I mean, they were doing LGBT shit before Steven Universe or even The Loud House.
>>
I wanna fuck Princess Clara
>>
File: disgustingham.jpg (15KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
disgustingham.jpg
15KB, 400x316px
>>93479804
I want to fuck Spanky Ham
>>
>>93479772
Yeah, but it was terrible except for the Super Nanny and Gay Bash episodes.
>>
>>93479772
It was pretty much just being edgy for the sake of being edgy.
And I loved it.
>>
>>93479772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO5KntfOgT8

I GOT YOUR DALAI LAMA RIGHT HERE
>>
File: bethesda game before mods.gif (3MB, 428x308px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda game before mods.gif
3MB, 428x308px
It was full of some really great gags hidden behind a sheen of perversion that most people couldn't see through.
>>
File: DCocUpmWAAAfbH3.jpg (87KB, 802x960px) Image search: [Google]
DCocUpmWAAAfbH3.jpg
87KB, 802x960px
>>93479772

this show is jewshit.
>>
Drawn Together falls into the same category as the works of John Waters in the eyes of SJWs.

Progressive and groundbreaking for it's time, but basically is so problematic that you can never admit liking it lest you be turned into a pariah by your fellow SJWs.
>>
File: wank.gif (14KB, 80x61px) Image search: [Google]
wank.gif
14KB, 80x61px
>>93480375
>the eyes of SJWs
>>
Aids walk best episode forever!
>>
>>93479772
I enjoy how The Loud House handles this kind of thing; it's rather infrequent(only two examples come to mind of it being present in the show), and when it is, it isn't shoved into the audience's face, it's very naturally placed into the show in a way that isn't forced, presenting it as "oh yeah, this is a thing by the way, moving on"

More shows should take this approach on the subject imho.
>>
>>93480424
Lemon-Aids Walk is definitely in the top 10.
One of my favorites was the episode where Hero gets some kind of time walkie-talkie to talk his younger self into fucking a Hero Sandwich.
>>
>>93480375
Wait what kind of progressive things has John Waters done?
(Kinda curious since im related to him)
>>
File: 1433879291288.jpg (14KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
1433879291288.jpg
14KB, 250x223px
>>93479772
Okay I like Drawn Together but I think that you've missed the point here.
The only reason it's significant that Steven Universe and The Loud House have gay characters is because they're shows intended for children. Nobody would make a big deal out of it if they were adult shows like Drawn Together
>>
I'm weaks at the finish cause AIDS beats out spinach, I'm Popeye... the dyin' man...

(of)
(AIDS)
>>
I'm very shy. will you please be like the genocide in Sudan and turn your heads?
>>
It is not really liberal, it is is taking shots in every direction possible.
Clara was pretty much /pol/ incarnated, blaming jews and being a nazi at every turn.
>>
>>93479772
>really progressive.
Except for 99% of the time when the show was just racist as fuck. It was a great show, but progressive is being sooooo generous.
>>
>>93481783
Pink Flamingos had a transvestite lead I think
>>
>>93482022
Wouldn't that be seen as a good thing to sjws?
>>
>>93482147

the people who bullied RuPaul into dropping the "She-mail" joke from his show? having a sense of humor?

yeah, no.
>>
>>93480305
he looks like aids
>>
>>93481783

Related to him how?
>>
>>93479772
The biggest fans of this show I've ever met in real life have been gay guys. Tells you something.

>>93482215
Technically SJWs are supposed to hate drag queens on principle, but they tend to let their morals slide if they like something.
>>
>>93482022
Yeah, it starred Divine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YVRu09nAo
>>
>>93482147
Hardcore SJWs hate drag queens because they just assume they're misogynistic caricatures who aren't trans enough. Cis gay men are usually the enemy of the mogwai community because their identities aren't accessible to teenaged girls.
>>
File: xandir.jpg (246KB, 707x699px) Image search: [Google]
xandir.jpg
246KB, 707x699px
>>93479804
>>93480015
>Not wanting to fuck Xandir
>>
It doesn't count as progressive if the characters are attractive
>>
Why have people suddenly forgotten that the radical left exists just because the right started acting crazy? Making jokes about things people don't want to acknowledge exists is pretty much the definition of anti-conservative.

Though I think the word "progressive" means more than just liberal. Construction is implied where here there is clearly only destruction and chaos. Specifically the destruction of uptight traditionalist values, which moves the conversation in a liberal direction (as dark and offensive comedy always has), but it doesn't really offer a foundation for building upon.
>>
haha look it's tumbr!
>>
>>93480268
>Deactivating the Hero Shield
Still maybe the funniest blink-and-you-miss gag ever
>>
Drawn Together is not progressive.
First off, gay characters in adult cartoons isn't groundbreaking in the slightest. Second, they only have a gay character *to make fun of him.*
This is like saying Song of the South is progressive for having a black man.
>>
>>93484189
...but every character on Drawn Together is there to be made fun of and fucked with.
>>
>>93479772
Uhhhh...sorry sweetie but making fun of people doesn't count as including them :)
>>
>>93480268
Is that...
Is that Terra in the background?
>>
>>93479772
its a show where grotesque and taboo shit is the norm. it has fun with itself and I love it.
>>
>>93480305
(((scary boogeyman)))
>>
>>93486095
Oh yes it does bitch, this show made fun of all of it's characters, thats actual equality
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.