[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Man. Look at all these great Spider-Man stories we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

>"Man. Look at all these great Spider-Man stories we could adapt! Death of Jean DeWolff, Kraven's Last Hunt, If This Be My Destiny, Blue, the list is endless. Which should we do?!?"

>"Make up our own shit"
>"And bastardize the supporting cast."
>"Make an OC love interest, despite all the ones Peter has in the comics that we're not using."
>"Throw Tony Stark in there for good measure."
>>
Liz is an actual character from the comics
>>
The movie looks like shit, but fidelity to the source material isn't exactly a solid barometer of quality when dealing with comic book adaptations.
>>
>>93481256
You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Not-Mary Jane is going to be the end game of the first three movies.
>>
>>93479636

Movies don't adapt story from comics. They just pull villains to use and make a bad costume
>>
>>93481274
>You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Not-Mary Jane is going to be the end game of the first three movies.
I really can't tell if people are trolling or are genuinely this stupid. I think stupidity had to be the reason at this point.
>>
>>93481280
>Watchmen
>DOFP
>Apocalypse
>Civil War
>Infinity War.
>>
>>93481308
Exactly. If Liz was going to be end game she'd be on the damn poster instead of not-MJ.
>>
>>93481274
I'm not saying that, i didn't even imply it, you just said that the love interest is an OC and i just told you that she's not an OC

Also, we haven't seen MJ in anything MCU related so what makes you think she's gonna be in the movie, Sony might've not given Marvel the rights for MJ or maybe Marvel wants a love interest other than MJ sorta like what the ASM movies did
>>
>>93481335
Age of Apocalypse wasn't adapted, though, and Civil War was even changed completely and added to the script as almost an afterthought.
>>
>>93481400
I called her Not-MJ. They're going to pull that whole bullshit where what's her face says, "but most my friends call me MJ."
>>
>>93481437
You said that you thought that i was saying that MJ isn't going to be Peter's girl in the end and i told you that i didn't say that and then i told you that there is a possible chance that MJ won't be in the movie and i never siad that she wouldn't be in the movie and you don't even 100% know that that girl is MJ and if it is MJ then we are talking about the same MJ
>>
>>93481532
Are you brain dead? Clearly they're trying to pass her off as Mary Jane, why would they have two people who go by MJ in the same series?
>>
File: 1474245651271.jpg (3MB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1474245651271.jpg
3MB, 1500x2100px
>>93481550
>Clearly they're trying to pass her off as Mary Jane, why would they have two people who go by MJ in the same series?

So that they can drop her when they decide to bring in the ACTUAL MJ.
>>
>>93481550
Holy shit, i never said that, i never implied it, i clearly said that we're talking about the same MJ
>>
>>93479636
Why is /co/ still fallling for the "not-MJ in Homecoming" meme? Like holy shit this is worse than /tv/posting.
>>
>>93481604
And suffer potential leftist backlash? Fuck no. They've dug their own grave and we're stuck with it.
>>
>>93479636
It's more like

>Exec: "Man look at all the great Spiderman stories we can adapt"
>Voice of Reason: "No asshole you'll change shit for no/poor reasons, make an original movie with a good new story"
>Boss: "That's too expensive, we'll just retell the same old story with some changes to make it more relatable to modern audiences"
>>
>>93481654
Has this been 100% debunked yet? I hope it isn't true but it does sadly seem like some shit Marlel would pull thanks to their hateboner for MJ and Pete.
>>
>>93479636
> being upset over a children's movie

Come up for the funding for your own spiderboy movie then since you have such "good" ideas
>>
>>93482951
Sony, please..
>>
>>93481274
THANK YOU! I've been in arguments on /co/ previously about this, where they just kept saying how Zendaya is just another classmate, despite being the only kid on the god damn poster.
>>
>>93482984
It's not that hard anon. Pitch your superior idea to investors and make the movie
>>
>>93481335
>DOFP
>Apocalypse
>Civil War
they only take the name and the basic plot and destroy the comics
>>
>>93483000
Superior ideas don't get funded, though.
>>
>>93482876
>Has this been 100% debunked yet?
It is so retarded that there is no need to debunk. You might as well claim MCU Peter Parker is a Skrull, it has about as much evidence. Humans are stupid and anyone who follow stupid people are worse than stupid.
>>
>>93482993
>THANK YOU! I've been in arguments on /co/ previously about this, where they just kept saying how Zendaya is just another classmate, despite being the only kid on the god damn poster.
Why wouldn't she be in the poster, if she is relevant to the film's plot?

And I can't help but feel some people are entirely naive as to think that Peter is going to find a girlfriend that would somehow last 6 films. And that girl isn't even a canon character. Human stupidity is truly infinite.
>>
>>93483098
Avengers did. First movie of its kind
>>
>>93483143
With lots of Ultimate influence, so not that great of an idea.

>>93483143
>First movie of its kind
If you mean in the big crossover aspect, might be the case, not sure. There were like, two Justice League live action movies before.
>>
>>93482309
Change 'some' to 'lots of' and pretty much this.
>>
>>93483099
>>93483126
Boy, aren't you gonna look silly in two weeks.
>>
>>93483640
Over a Billion Dollars says otherwise. The guy that almost invented the lightbulb isn't gonna get all the credit for the guy that did
>>
>>93483640
You mean two Justice League attempts, and both died because WB was retarded (I mean, they still are for letting people without vision direct the DCEU up until Wonder Woman, but that's for another discussion) thinking those kind of crossovers wouldn't sell.
>>
File: z2upjeupnloy.jpg (136KB, 1825x421px) Image search: [Google]
z2upjeupnloy.jpg
136KB, 1825x421px
>>93482876
>but it does sadly seem like some shit Marlel would pull thanks to their hateboner for MJ and Pete.

Fortunately for us, Feige has gone on record saying that he fucking loves the JMS run of Amazing Spider-Man.
>>
>>93482993
>despite being the only kid on the god damn poster.

Yeah, its not like she's got a huge kids fanbase because of her work on the Disney Channel or anything. Definitely couldn't be because of that.
>>
>>93481604

>The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 was fake! If you watch this bullshit one-shot that will never be recognized in the movies you'll see that the REAL ACTUAL Mandarin is out there! You'll see!
>The tattoos are just to play around with the Joker's history! It's just for his anniversary, they won't be in the actual movie!!
>The Joker we've seen so far is ACTUALLY Jason Todd! The REAL Joker was killed or will appear later!
>Look, guys! The Lex Luthor in Dawn of Justice is ALEXANDER LUTHOR JR.!! His DAD is the ACTUAL Lex! In the next movies they will kill of Eisenberg's and bring in Cranston as the actual Luthor for sure!
I'm saying you're delusional.
>>
>>93481335

>came out almost 10 years ago before
>only similarity was sending someone to the last to save the future
>nothing like the comics
>nothing like the comics
>Have you fucking read Infinity War? Why would you want a direct adaptation
>>
>>93484749
>You mean two Justice League attempts, and both died because WB was retarded
Well I meant the two movies that actually happened. Didn't say they were a hit.

>>93485570
>Fortunately for us, Feige has gone on record saying that he fucking loves the JMS run of Amazing Spider-Man.
Sooooo do we risk getting abortions like The Other, Sins Past, etc?
>>
>>93479636
>there are still people who think Kraven's Last Hunt works for an inexperienced Spidey
>>
>>93485892
>Sooooo do we risk getting abortions like The Other, Sins Past, etc?

Yeah, because those are the only stories JMS had a hand in, right? He's done literally nothing else with the character, right?
>>
>>93486045
>do we risk
>do we RISK, anon?
>>
>>93485907
Those people have never actually read Kraven's Last Hunt and are just citing well known famous Spider-Man stories.
>>
>>93479636
It had like 10 writers, what did you expect?
>>
>>93482951
>it's okay because children
I hope you get a stool and rope for christmas
>>
>>93485587
Really? Still acting like she is a minor role?
>>
>>93486705
Get a load of this memester.
>>
Everyone pay attention. Shills like this >>93481532 have been trying to do the "MJ means Mary Jane thing" since we called it out that her initials were going to be MJ almost a year ago. They attempt to derail these discussions by just repeating "you said MJ, there is no MJ, why do you still think there is an MJ" and when you reply that you simply know her initials are going to be MJ they respond with "But MJ isn't in the movie. If she isn't Maru Jane she can't be MJ. So see, there is no MJ."

It's all but confirmed based on the official insistence to not release her last name as well as the complete disappearance of the issue on social media since the twitter embargo lifted.
>>
>>93486725
You're really putting a lot of effort into shitposting. I'm mildly impressed.
>>
>>93482951
Literally not possible thanks to rights holding. Disney would have done so a decade ago.

I don't know why brainless niggers like yourself keep saying stupid shit like this.

Most people COULD make a decent low budget street level flick if studios weren't hamfisting overpaid "up and coming stars" as well as "sure things" like RDJ. Spider-Man could fight Kingpin with Tombstone as a Capo or something and it could be completed under 25 mil.
>>
>>93483143
You mean an massive ensemble cast coming together for a blockbuster?

Disney tried to spin that as historical but it wasn't. Also combined universes have existed before as well. US Marshalls and The Fugitive exist.
>>
>>93481437
>most of my friends call me MJ

and not one person will have called her that in movie at that point
>>
>>93486801
As much as the MJ line is going to be the reason I don't see this, that's literally the joke. That she has no friends. So that's why it takes until the last scene to hear the nickname said.
>>
Oh shit, she's Michelle Jameson
>>
>>93481604
She's like Robin in The Dark Knight Rises.
The only relation they have to the comic character is an out of place name drop at the end of the movie. The real Mary Jane will definitely show up eventually. If she didn't fans would be pissed off.
>>
>>93487181
>Raimi MJ was MJ-in-name-and-appearance-only
>Homecoming Michelle is MJ in kinda-sorta-name-only
Really showing them how it's done.
>>
Well, at least they have to keep plowing forward cause a reboot isn't possible
>>
>>93487538
Kinda like with the Mandarin?
>>
>>93487538
You reek of delusional. This is MJ from now onwards. They wI'll not just drop another MJ into the films.
>>
>>93485644
I'm actually scared DC might try this down the line though. It took some getting used to but I've actually come to like the DCEU versions of Lex and Joker
>>
>>Michelle Jones MJ
>>Anons "But they could always introduce the REAL MJ!"
>>Anons "They could just reboot the whole thing after Infinity Wars and get us the white red head!"

/co/, I'm sorry, but you just hit the shitpot. This will be Spider-Man from now onwards, and they will not change course as they are too tied with the MCU. Just surrender and accept it. You'll be getting a Spider-man film evey 2 years, so they'll just burn out the franchise and that'll be it.
>>
>>93487833
Really committing to that bait, huh?
>>
>>93487883
Is it bait? Because I see it with such frequency that I believe /co/ would be that delusional.
>>
Shills literally have run out of ways to deny that Michelle's initials are MJ. They're basically just calling people crazy for saying the sky is blue and hoping it doesn't dent the release.

Honestly hope everyone that avoided the black human torch flick avoids this dumpster fire. I love spidey, but because of the faggot shit they'd pulled with this movie I sincerely hope he doesn't hit 100 mil that first week.

The media literally would not know what to do. They've had their "successful weekend" stories written since the movie was announced.
>>
>>93488140
Sorry, but this has a close chance to make a billion with the buzz it's been getting. Like, Spider-Man has been the only MCU thing talked about this past month.
>>
>>93488035
Yeah, definitely bait. The Zendaya = MJ meme is always bait. Instant (you)s.
>>
>>93488242
Zendaya plays Michelle Jones, it aint bait.
>>
>>93488177
Except the Black Panther trailer I suppose.
>>
>>93488262
Proof?
>>
>>93479636
Flash being a midget snob bothers me the most about cast bastardizing.
>>
>>93488288
Plenty of Leakers, and even if you don't trust those, reviews saying how they can't wait to see where they go with Michelle's character in future films. She's even on the fucking poster.

Why else would they be so dodgy with her identity if it wasn't a twist like this? This is Sony we're talking about. The same Sony that's obsessed with trying to squeeze female minorities everywhere
>>
>>93488288
leakers. a lot of the plot has been put out there already. sure they can be convincing fakes but after a certain point where information is leaking that matches it you have to take the package as is.
>>
>>93488337
>Plenty of Leakers
>Falling for LARPers

Kek. Can you be any more gullible?

For the record, I've actually seen the movie and those "leakers" are full of shit.
>>
>>93481256
A human though. In the new movie she is non-human so it doesn't count.
>>
>>93486800

You're going to go with a spinoff movie instead of the original film universes, the Universal Monsterverse and the Hammer Horrorverse.

Plus side, if it keeps going we'll get 23 Marvel Street, where Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill have to go undercover as Avengers to stop a drug dealer.
>>
>>93489060
At least we agree it's not a sequel.

And honestly, Channing Tatum as whatever his name is in Jump Street is the closest thing we're getting to a mutie in the MCU, though he never probably will play Gambit, until Disney forks over billions for X-Men after forking over billions for the Star Wars home release rights.
>>
>>93487288
it wouldn't break the internet. but the REEs emanating from /co/ would reverberate through the multiverse.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.