[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't networks syndicate cartoons anymore? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: stimpy watches tv.gif (278KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
stimpy watches tv.gif
278KB, 500x382px
Why don't networks syndicate cartoons anymore?

I've read that networks love syndicating their shows to other networks because it's basically free money, but it seems like the only cartoons that end up airing on a channel other than their original one are the ones from Fox Animation Domination.
>>
>>93475949
because it forces people to buy cable
>>
>>93475993
They still have a lot of shows that they don't air anymore or barely at all. And there's plenty of live action shows that air on cable but are syndicated on network TV.
>>
I've been wondering why CN's network is actually suffering to find anything to air, their constant all day titans marathons are just their niche for money, that makes sense, but what about all those times when they have to air the same movie 6 times a week? Why do they act like they can't air their library? I mean take RS's finale for example, they acted like they only had Teen Titans Go and some temp movies in their entire library, and that Regular Show was just a one-off episode and nothing else existed.

There's a line between not much variation and STRUGGLING to keep it that way when you have a huge library from shit from the 60s and everything up to this day.
>>
>>93475949
Because normies don't watch cartoons.
>>
>>93476570
Loreheavy shows don't do well in syndication or rerun. Its the central reason WHY Teen Titans Go gets rerun as much as it does; you can watch any episode without any context needed.

Also for OP; most networks can't air cartoons with equal time given to educational shit. Also pretty much all shows are made for cable and its looser S&P censors and shows like Steven Universe and Adventure Time would be unairable in syndication without cutting out all the violence, homosexuality, and full scale banning of certain episodes
>>
>>93477422
isn't the education requirement the reason no OTA networks air Saturday morning cartoons or weekday afternoon cartoons now?
>>
>>93477422
Fine, makes sense

but what about the thousands of episodes of their entire library that aren't lore related? I mean shit like Fosters, or even their old hannah barbara stuff, if they were desperate which they seem to be.

Plus in RS' case they were airing the series finale that was plot heavy so they should've gave it a marathon SO kids could watch it, that's why the final season got such shit reception, or at least a factor. It was plot centered and they never advertised or did any reruns and no one except the diehards knew what has happening, and RS doesn't exactly have diehards

Even the average fan might miss a few episodes, so they go from watching a 80s reference fest episode to jesus christ everyone's dying because pop's brother is here for some reason and they've been in space for a season and rigby keeps saying he graduated and what the fuck is with their park biodome thing? and it just puts you off from watching it

Even Steven U gets the occasional lore marathon or at least a recap video on CN's youtube, there's 0 excuses why they didn't attempt to help RS and instead covered it in Titans Go marathons and Shrek reruns
>>
>>93475949
For that to happen, networks would need a cartoon to their name that wasn't from Fox Animation Domination. Seriously, name one.
>>
>>93476570
>steadily increase TTG airings
>TTG viewership numbers consistently go up
>use this to justify charging advertisers more for TTG slots
>non-TTG slots almost non-existent
>forced to pay the inflated price if you want to air on the network at all
It's 100% deliberate and basically a scam. They'll keep doing it as long as it boosts those quarterlies.
>>
>>93478405
Basically, if it seems retarded and baffling to you, it's being done because it's making someone a shitload of money and you just don't understand why.
>>
>>93475949
because is expensive anon
>>
>>93475949
because they'd need a minimum of 65 episodes. these days, networks order short seasons because they never know what's going to be a hit and don't want to end up wasting money.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.