[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Marvel focus so much on Josh when he's the type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: RCO018_1469367428.jpg (2MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
RCO018_1469367428.jpg
2MB, 1988x3156px
Why did Marvel focus so much on Josh when he's the type of boring fuck who can't handle some simple bantz? Why did David stick around he's also just some boring fuck who doesn't even have powers?

What do people think of New X-Men anyway?
>>
File: new x-men.jpg (46KB, 688x876px) Image search: [Google]
new x-men.jpg
46KB, 688x876px
Is that a current title? I'm so out of touch with X-Men I think the last thing I was reading was the Magneto solo. I know they had a shake up lately, but nothing stuck out enough for me to add anything.
>>
>>93469946
Nah. This book was sorta early 2000s.
>>
>>93469568
I enjoyed some parts of it, but didn't get the diehard fans who act like it was some big missed opportunity when they faded into obscurity.

Maybe I haven't read enough of the old material to get that same delusional obsession with treating a splash of seeming novelty like it's a fountain of innovation.

I will say for what it's worth though that they're my favorite group of mutant kids by proxy since despite what they went through they more or less behaved themselves. They almost even seemed to have an awareness about the craziness that comes with mutant and particularly X-Men life and didn't all jump at the opportunity to become evil or crazy or whatever. Like Elixir who just endured all the bullshit instead of folding like Wither, who while technically going a bit dark didn't pan out to a big bad or anything, just troubled.

Then again I recall there was that one attempt to turn Dust into just that sort of thing, but it didn't stick. I think.
>>
>>93469568
>David stick around he's also just some boring fuck who doesn't even have powers?

Smart Black.

Too bad they killed the superior black bro, Tag.

>I enjoyed some parts of it, but didn't get the diehard fans who act like it was some big missed opportunity when they faded into obscurity.

Personally my problem is they didn't get to fade into obscurity they were massacred, nearly all their relationships severed, then they were tortured until the book finally died. You might mean the people that only read the book after House of M though and liked the way that went.

I do think some people have a point that Quentin, who existed before New mutants/New X-men, keeps being put into the front of teen books over and over but others are left out.

Really if they had an official graduation and showed some characters returning to regular life or getting a job or something mundane more people would be ok. They keep piling more and more new classes on top of the others and they don't get to mature. They reach back into the past to bring out characters that should be gone by now like Roxy and Quentin. Generation X has as regular cast, Original Generation X Jubilee, New X-men Quentin and Roxy, skips these New Mutants/New X-men, and picks the rest of it's cast out of recent runs and one new guy. At least other characters are shown to still exist. That's different from recent books. I'm not really mad about this. I wish the art on Generation X wasn't such shit but it's seems ok so far.

Ah that's a tangent.

I liked the original New Mutants/New X-men because they were bad at shit and failed. They had their own stories and challenges that were on their level. The stuff with Laurie's dad could have been their unique story. As soon as Kyle and Yost took over they just went from larger and larger challenges they really had no right to be forced to deal with when the adults should have been there for them.
>>
>>93471746
>I do think some people have a point that Quentin, who existed before New mutants/New X-men, keeps being put into the front of teen books over and over but others are left out.

That's was pretty weird desu. Quentins arc in Morrison's X-Men was nicely tied up in his death, but he's not really a character that works in stories not focused on him, why did they bring him back?
>>
I just liked the calm tone of the book. Compared to other teen hero books, it's a tranquil lake
>>
>>93469568
Elixir and Wither were the worst characters of academy X.
A happy self centered asshole and a whiny self centered asshole.
Elixir is one of the characters who got better under Kyle & Yost (I even like him since X-Force), while Wither turned into a bigger asshole and died like a shit.
>>
Wallflower deserved better
>>
>>93474281
Characters superiors under Weir/DeFilippis: Surge, Dust and obviously anyone who didn't get killed (Tag, Icarus, Wallflower...)
Characters superiors under Kyle/Yost: Elixir, Prodigy, Rockslide, Mercury and obviously anyone who was a background character before (Anole, Pixie...)
And then there is Hellion. I would have considered him a win for K&Y if they didn't turn him into X-23 angst button in every single story from Messiah Complex to Second Coming.
>>
>>93469568
David doesn't have powers anymore, but he's got the combined knowledge and skillset of every X-man he ever came in contact with

He should be fucking terrifying, like Taskmaster on steroids since he doesn't just copy moves. He knows them as well as their users

Beast's knowledge of biology and anatomy, Kitty Pryde's martial arts and computer science, Gambit's thievery and bo staff fighting, Dani Moonstar's archery and tracking skills, Psylocke and Nightcrawler's swordsmanship, Wolverine's centuries of fighting. Cyclops' super geometry for banking energy blasts off of different surfaces.
>>
>>93469568
I wish we kept new x-men going because it was better than gen hope and the current abominations of teen x-men.
>>
>>93474403
Somebody should use Gillen's idea of hero call center, but turn Prodigy into a field agent
>>
>>93474444
But you don't like him going to dimensional space college with America?
>>
>>93469568
I ran out of room in my other post, but Josh was gonna be a villain. After HoM he was going to try to fix all the broke mutants then go nuts and have to be put down.
>>
>>93474444
Fuck working for a call center or as Tony Stark's security consultant or going to America's dumbass college

With his skills David could have his own tech startup.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.