[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Venom popular? He's the worst kind of villain, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: venom spider-man and carnage.jpg (300KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
venom spider-man and carnage.jpg
300KB, 600x350px
Why is Venom popular?

He's the worst kind of villain, just a really edgy version of Spider-Man. Really boring tough, since he's just "Spider-Man but better in every way"
>>
Because his design is awesome and he's a goo monster. How many characters with is powerset get popular?
>>
>>93465336
He is not better. He is stronger but less agile. He can shapeshift, but host can turn against him. He has Goo tentacles and organic Web, but vulnerable to sonics and fire. He is pretty balanced.
>>
Your argument is invalid, Venom can turn his hands in axes.

AXES.

AAAAXXXXEEEESSSSS.
>>
>>93465336
You had to be there, kid.
>>
I think the idea of having a villain that just wants to destroy, and has no interest in robbing/building an empire seems quite atractive to readers.
>>
>>93465336
I prefer Carnage, but both of them are really cool looking.

I also like when he's portrayed as a thoughtful character despite his monstrous nature.
>>
>>93465336

People loved Spider-Man's black costume. It looks cool.

Venom is the black costume but bigger.
>>
>>93465432
And a tongue a goop for the people who get a boner over that.
>>
>>93465409
>be a little kid
>watching spiderman the cartoon
>pretty cool
>suddenly venom shows up
>pretty cool bad guy
>then carnage shows up
>spiderman and venom team up to beat up carnage

My childhood mind was fucking blown, heroes and villains could cooperate temporary to defeat other villains.
>>
>>93465336
He looks really cool and he talks about eating people like Hannibal Lecter and it's so dark and cool and MOM'S GONNA FREAK!
>>
>>93465336

Venom only had one good story and that was his first appearance. He should've been over and done with after that but TAS fags nostalgia over him constantly that they are the only reason he's ever constantly brought back up all the time, you could argue Agent Venom was a great change to the character but that was more of a Flash Thompson kind of deal, not Eddie Brock.

Anti-Venom was legit okay though. So I guess that makes it two good stories. Had he stayed Anti-Venom then that would've been fine.
>>
>Why is Venom popular?
>He's... just a really edgy version of Spider-Man.
You answered your own question.
>>
>>93465494

Case in point. Venom is a product of the 90s that should've stayed dead and buried in that awful decade. Ask any normie why they like Venom and it's because of TAS, they've never read any actual comics with him in it and if they did they'd realize how horrible they are and why writers are relying on the nostalgia of the animated series so much to appeal and sell to normie casuals.
>>
>They're making a Venom movie with Tom Hardy
>With Venom and Carnage
>But no Spider-Man
>>
>>93465705

>Carnage is now in the Venom movie.

When was this confirmed?

Who should be the next Venom host and why should it be Black Cat?
>>
File: Shadow_the_hedgehog.jpg (165KB, 780x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_the_hedgehog.jpg
165KB, 780x960px
>>93465514
>Why is Shadow popular?
>He's... just a really edgy version of Sonic.
>>
>>93465336
>Spider-Man but better in every way

Is this a Silk thread?
>>
>>93465494
I've never read a bad Venom story until Marvel Knights and onward

Only casuals and non comic readers think Venom is edgy, period, you're wrong and I'm right. And OP is probably that faggot who always makes anti Venom (not Anti-Venom) threads
>>
>>93465713
>give the person who first figured out you can use the symbiote for easy access during oral sex her own symbiote
Fascinating.
>>
>>93465763

Not to mention both of them are obsessed with Peter to a yandere degree
>>
>>93465806
Can boys get tentacle raped?
>>
>>93465732
Exactly.
>>
>>93465336
He's gold because he walks the line between villain and antihero and can carry his own title. And he looks awesome.
>>
>>93465385
Everyone is vulnerable to fire. And spiderman is not immune to sonic.
>>
>>93465705
Picture Tom Holland trying to be plucky and stand up to Tom Hardy. What does that look like in your head?
>>
bc he's sexy
>>
>>93467055
He has a weakness to fire then, both psychologically and physically. Abd in the world of comics everyone is not vulnerable to fire. Thor, Hulk, Hercules, The Thing just for quick Marvel examples.
>>
>>93465432
actually, before the suit was revealed to be a symbiote, people fucking hated the black costume.
>>
>>93465336
While he's just "Spider-Man but better", his attempt at being a hero but screwing up everything makes him a little interesting. And he hasn't always been edgy.

Also, people are really into symbiotes. You would(n't?) be surprised how many symbiote fetish images there are.
>>
>>93465705
>>93465713
>>93467085

I'm still irritated by that cunt that represents sony's movies. Few days ago she made a statement that implied Venom would be part of MCU, now she's doing damage control saying "I don't know how anyone could ever get that from what I said"

So there are three possibilities at this point

1.They will be in the MCU but she wasn't supposed to say anything about it. (doubtful)
2.Sony is just building up it's own spidey-verse just so they can drop marvel and make a new shitty spider-man. (Likely)
3. She's an idiot with no clue about what is going on and is just blowing hot air. (extremely likely)
>>
>>93465336
Most memorable bad guys are just edgy versions of heroes, all normies know General Zod.
>>
Venom, character wise, is anything but "Spider-Man but better" though, that's the kind of shit someone who watches death battle says, the kind of person who literally doesn't read comics or care about characters but simply reads wikis and scrolls down to the super power section
>>
>>93465336
>Why is Reverse-Flash popular?
>He's the worst kind of villain, just a really edgy version of Flash. Really boring tough, since he's just "Flash but better in every way"

If you're going to so glib, you'll never get it
>>
>>93468864
I meant that power-wise, not character-wise. Eddie Brock is a vastly different person from Peter.
>>
>>93465336
I don't know about now but back in the old Eddie Brock days, Venom was hilariously deluded and legitimately threatening to Parker. Every time he appeared, he would whomp Spiderman's ass, forcing Spidey to run or play dead. That went down hill though after the introduction of Carnage. Venom jobbed a ton after that and never recovered.
>>
>>93465336
>kid thinks he's smart cuz he hates le 90s characte"r episode
>>
>>93465518
>Case in point. Venom is a product of the 90s that should've stayed dead and buried in that awful decade.

If that's true, why is Venom from the 1980s?

And what kind of person can be living through the worst period in Marvel history right now, and still be complaining about how awful the 1990s were?
>>
>>93470290
People who have no idea what they're talking about and never read comics in their life

The reason for about 65 percent of shitposts on this board
>>
>>93465705
>Tom Hardy as Venom
>Aidan Gillen as CIArnage
>>
>>93465336
He's more than that, but also that at times, it's wonderful.
>>
>>93465385
He also mimicka the Spidersense, because he has a 360 vision because of the goo right?
>>
>>93465732
I legit liked his hoverskate shoes.
>>
>>93471075

I liked when he turned Coldsteel against Sonic.
>>
>>93465336
Literally because his design is cool.

Otto and Norman are far more interesting as Spider-Man's nemesis.
>>
>>93465518
>a product of the 90s that should've stayed dead and buried in that awful decade
Fuck you and all your kind.
90s comics >>>>> current day comics
Especially with Marvel. I'd rather have stupid awesome shit that doesn't care about identity politics and just tells entertaining stories than "progressive" forced boring shit where entertainment is secondary to moral brownie points.
>>
>>93471155
Only an idiot would place Venom in the same category of character as Otto or Norman, which I assume you are.

Venom was an extremely interesting character because he was one not really done before, I'll never say he's a better "villain" than either of those because him being a villain is all up to the reader to decide, the others are clear cut bad guys who's gimmicks have been done many times in the past even if they were good at them

People who hate Venom, in short, are just parroting the people who are "muh 60s"

I say this because I won't give anybody on /co/ the benefit of the doubt to assume they actually read comics, let alone grew up in the fucking 60s or read comics from that era as kids to have a GENUINE love of those comics
>>
>>93465336
Venom, at least in some interpretations, represents the darkness in Spider-Man's heart. He's Spidey after giving into the rage and disregarding his moral code. He's all the frustration of a good man without the good to hold it back. He's stronger than Peter but not a better man.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.