[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whoa dude, I fucking love Rick and Morty. It speaks to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: file.png (817KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
817KB, 1920x1080px
Whoa dude, I fucking love Rick and Morty. It speaks to my atheist soul! WHAO
>>
>>93461050
What do you all think of the divorce thing permeating season 3?
>>
File: (does flip).gif (892KB, 335x188px) Image search: [Google]
(does flip).gif
892KB, 335x188px
Check this out
>>
>>93461070
lol
>>
File: 1497989620094.png (153KB, 294x317px) Image search: [Google]
1497989620094.png
153KB, 294x317px
>>93461076
That certainly is something else
>>
>>93461050
Didn't Rick pray to God and mention that Christmas was about Jesus being born?
>>
>>93461050
I will never understand the motivation behind falsely accusing a show of something that would be legitimately wrong if it were true. like, do you hate the show? if so, why not attack it for what you actually hate about it?
>>
>>93461167
It's just a lot of random nonsense, that's why it's so amusing. it's roiland and starburns, you should know what to expect right off the bat... and it's not making any kind of actual side-taking social commentary, it's messing around with every viewpoint and reveling in writing a self-superior character as an utter hypocrite.
>>
I can't think of one very popular show that does not attract terrible people. Even if Rick and Morty has a large sci fi fanbase who gives a shit about any of that? Hate the show for the show not because you dislike their fans
>>
Rick and Morty had the devil in it. The Devil cannot exist without God.
>>
>>93461068
Jerry should have kept his mouth shut
>>
>>93461068
When does episode 2 come out anyway?
>>
>>93461068
>>93461050

You people do realize you are basically trying to find a deeper meaning for Ed Edd and Eddy in space? Out of 3 seasons this show has had like two episodes with a connecting plot. Its a fun show, but that all it is, fun.
>>
>>93461191
this. Rick is a dick
>>
>>93461076
oh ooooooooiaght this dog does it
>>
>>93462162
>>93461191
>>93462342

Rick is a self insert for Dan.

Normally I don't like to act like such an angry fuck about creators like this but watching an interview where he goes on a homo tirade about nihilism like he's found something really profound in it is kind of off-putting in a big way of someone who's an adult and should have moved past that phase.
>>
>>93462446
>Rick is a self insert for Dan.
Then I feel really, really bad for Dan. Cause Rick is a miserable piece of shit.
>>
>>93462462
and Morty is a self insert of Justin, apparently
>>
>>93461076
not a full flip
>>
File: DKS.jpg (47KB, 550x354px) Image search: [Google]
DKS.jpg
47KB, 550x354px
>>93461068
Couldn't have happened sooner. Jerry is probably going to move on to something more successful like his alternate reality counterparts, Beth remarries a jew. Couldn't be happier honestly.
>>
>>93461068
Interested to see where Jerry goes from here. If he just collapses and becomes even more pathetic then that's gonna suck, but it'd be nice if he got his shit together.
>>
>>93462462
It's 100% self imposed and it's not something you should pity because it's just a form of self fellation, "woe is me, nobody gets me because they're too stupid."

The reason Rick is miserable is because he lacks the greater knowledge of moving past the teenage phase of how nothing we do impacts the universe. No fucking shit, retard. We all figured this out when we were 17.

He's not a tortured soul. He's not self loathing. He's self aggrandizing to the point that he thinks what's alienating him is this oh-so-special knowledge that only he 'gets' that nobody else can understand. Simultaneously thinking you're hot shit while everyone around you is fucking stupid as piss.

The most basic of simple human concepts, that what we do is only relevant to us is so fucking easy to understand that it's an insult to pretend like you're the only one who gets it and the reason people don't like you is because they don't. The reason it isolates you is because you look down on people while being, ironically, dumb as piss to not even see how fucking basic this 'profound wisdom' that you think is sooo advanced that you can never know humans again.

Here's what separates Rick from everyone else: Everyone else discovered that something that doesn't have an impact on EVERYTHING doesn't mean that you have no impact on ANYTHING and drawing a retarded conclusion like NOTHING has meaning just because somethings you do have no meaning to everything. Everyone else knows this. Rick doesn't. He pretends that unless you have total relevancy and control over everything, that there is no meaning anywhere in anything. It's the most juvenile mindset and it's why most children move past it. It's understandable when a child or young adult questions this. When a fully grown adult never moves past it, then it's a sign of stunted emotional and intellectual growth.
>>
File: 1487394885828.jpg (718KB, 900x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1487394885828.jpg
718KB, 900x1148px
I literally just smoked some weed with two girls and watched Rick & Morty. It was awesome.
>>
>>93462874
awesome dude
whats it like being 19
>>
>>93461068
>divorce
Mark my words: Beth did something to him. Her body language is too guilty. And in a show as minimalist as Rick and Morty, every gesture counts. Either she killed him, if Chris really wants off the show, or she knocked him out and tied him up.

Also, Chris leaving would really fuck up the show. His voice is too distinctive to replace and an infinite number of Jerrys would make it very hard to just kill him and move on.
>>
>>93461050
How Come we never see atheist threads shitting on shows with religious beliefs but ever time a show about science and lack of God's existence it's a shoe about tipping fedora?

It's just a show. Enjoy it. You can argue about religion on /b/, reddit or youtube.
>>
>>93462585
calm down friend, it's ok.

I love you, have some tea.

I don't like it when you're angry, take a breather, here's a hug.
>>
>>93461050
I love how triggered this show makes christcucks.
>>
>>93463505
what if you're agnostic
>>
>>93461050
While complaints over the show's nihilism getting overbearing are legitimate, you can tell someone hasn't actually watched an entire episode of Rick and Morty if they keep harping on the Atheism bit. The one time it got truly fedorahy apart from some one off jokes was that subplot in the Schwifty episode that didn't even focus on Rick.
>>
>>93463410
>How Come we never see atheist threads shitting on shows with religious beliefs but ever time a show about science and lack of God's existence it's a shoe about tipping fedora?
>It's just a show. Enjoy it. You can argue about religion on /b/, reddit or youtube.
But you see, entertainment, either in books, film, videogames, or TV, directly competes with religion. You can't actually read novels or play games without actually knowing what you are reading or playing is fiction.

That is DANGEROUS for religion. You are not suppose to doubt, you are suppose to assume everything you read in a book is real. If you are allowed to read a book that isn't real, you will doubt the truthfulness of holy texts. Thts is why there are "Christian film Review" sites that dictate which films are sufficently "christian" to be safe to watch. Because if you watch unsafe films you might start to have doubts. Same with Pokemon, or Harry Potter, or Marvel comics.

(DC is exempt and classified as "safe" because it is technically Christian due to "The Presence".)
>>
>>93463482
I want to pretend this post is sincere.
>>
File: WhatIWantToDoToYou.png (30KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIWantToDoToYou.png
30KB, 633x348px
>>93463570
I am buddy. I just want fellow cartoon enthusiasts to be happy.
>>
>>93463672
I appreciate it. I shouldn't get so angry at someone who makes a cartoon that, even after that, I still enjoy. Dan's not as bad as all that. I appreciate your concern a great deal Anon.
>>
File: FuCK.jpg (46KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
FuCK.jpg
46KB, 400x529px
>>93463694
Don't worry, we all get upset sometimes, heck I even lost my temper watching some Rubik, The Amazing Cube (1983), but petting my cat and making some fresh tea always does the trick.

I'm glad a made a difference in your life pal, have good day, or nice night depending on your timezone
>>
>>93463694
>>93463734
Let me elaborate on this since it is about 3:30 AM and no one will read this. I can't find my cat and there is no tea, so I must let out some steam

In the Christmas special of Rubik, The Amazing Cube (1983), I have many issues I will not address at the moment. However, there is one particular scene that sure makes my blood boil. Approximately 3 minutes and 27 seconds into the special, Reynaldo drops the titular main character on the ground, causing the most offensive stereotype ever to be uttered on television. That's right, the parrot spoke.

If I must witness another fucking tv show perpetuate the myth that Parrots are not just repeating noises that they hear frequently, but also having actual intelligent conversation with humans, I'll blow my fucking brains onto Ernő Rubik's decrepit body
>>
>>93461362
>When does episode 2 come out anyway?

Don't hold your breath, kid.
>>
>>93462585
Actually, you're completely wrong mate.

Rick is miserable because of his personal problems with people.
>>
>>93462487
>jerry
>successful

His life will only become more miserable, and he'll still be too blind to see it.

For fucks sake, the guy doesn't even know he's depressed deep down inside. That's literally how retarded he is.
>>
>>93461050

Honestly my main problem with R&M really is the fans. I can forgive the "lol nihilism, lol atheism" because almost every time it's tongue-in-cheek ("Please God hear my prayers... ha, fuck you God, you don't exist!"). The whole point is Rick is a miserable asshole, for fuck's sake.

Then you get a bunch of basics who are "lol nihilism" themselves who are too clueless to realize the show takes about as many potshots at their philosophy as it does religion, spirituality, traditions, etc.; hell I'd say it takes more. So they overhype R&M as some paragon of philosophical virtue and a 10/10 comedy.
>>
>>93464626
Let's not forget that the entire point of R&M is against nihilism, and is in favour for existentialism/absurdism.

Like Morty's speech. Doesn't matter that life is pointless and you will die. You've got friends, you've got family. You've got love around you. Doesn't matter if love is just a feeling generated by chemicals and electric signals in your brain. That's literally your entire existence, chemicals and electric signals in your brain. So just accept it.
>>
>>93464723

I imagine it might go increasingly in the opposite direction, tbqh. Conform to the expectations.
>>
>>93461050
>in this episode, /pol/ larps as a Christian Warrior again for shits and giggles
>it's a rerun
>>
>>93464735
I doubt it.

The existential/absurdist philosophies in R&M are almost always below surface-level.

There will be some nihilist joke, and they'll offset the joke with a little point of light, like Morty saying "Come watch TV with me." which is some typical Camus stuff on how the absurdity of life can be absolved by simple daily activities with friends and family.
>>
>>93464626
>implying you actually hang around other people with different opinions
Please, anon, we all know that what you really hate about Rick and Morty is the fact that /co/ signaled you to hate Rick and Morty by tying it into the never-ending rotation of tribal warfare that weak people let define themselves because it prevents them from having to look inwards.
>>
>>93461050
>atheist soul
>atheist
>soul

I didn't know that atheists believe that they have souls.
>>
>>93464797

What the fuck are you on about?

I don't mind R&M at all. In fact I think the hate it gets here is unjustified and usually a contrarian reaction to the aforementioned retards blowing it out of proportion as an 11/10 landmark of animation and storytelling.

You're a retard.
>>
>>93464819
you can believe in the soul without believing in gods
>>
>>93464858
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>93464883
Why
>>
>>93464883
sure it does. atheist doesn't necessarily mean you believe in nothing supernatural, just that you don't believe in deities. plenty of atheists believe in ghosts and reincarnation and stuff
>>
>>93464930
>atheist doesn't necessarily mean you believe in nothing supernatural, just that you don't believe in deities. plenty of atheists believe in ghosts and reincarnation and stuff.

So you are telling me that ghosts and reincarnation don't have supernatural/divine origins?
>>
File: g_zBWnpA.png (114KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
g_zBWnpA.png
114KB, 321x321px
>>93462887
Heaven.
>>
>>93465039
There are plenty of people that believe in supernatural things that have nothing to do with gods and shit.

Reminder that Scientology is about ALIEN GHOSTS.
>>
>>93465159
>that whole post

That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I have heard in a while.
>>
>>93465243
t. Scientologist
>>
>>93461362
Possibly cancelled at this point.
>>
File: Ooooooooooh.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ooooooooooh.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>93461076
>>
>>93465136
So cute. Dont mind there repressed faggots.
>>
I would love it if Jerry called Rick on his views of "no one is as smart as me so they cant possibly understand me". I have a friend with this attitude who jerks both this and Bojack off because they self insert.
>>
>>93461050
I swear, if burgers were as poor as the goat fuckers, they'd be doing exactly the same sort of shit. Their obsession with the magic fairy is just as dumb and blinkered.
>>
>>93461278
This. Not sure where this dude atheism lmao meme came from.
>>
>>93462874
>going through friend's computer
>find this comic
He's a weird one
>>
File: 1454090263127.png (61KB, 169x138px) Image search: [Google]
1454090263127.png
61KB, 169x138px
>>93462446
nigga, did you even listen to that interview he watched? he goes on that rant detailing how he DISAGREES with rick's nihilism, and that things mattering on a small scale still matters.
>>
>>93463873
Some parrots are actualy capable of using words that they heard and associated a meaning to communicate, of course it isn't real human speech and nowhere as articulate or capable of abstraction but it's still impressive.
>>
>>93462446
I get the feeling from the supposed arguements that clickbait outlets are reporting that Justin and Dan are fighting over the feel of the show

Dan wants Rick to be his own sad tortured depressed character while ignoring Morty, while Justin just wants wacky adventure scenarios with a drunk old man with his grandkid

I want more of what Justin wants
>>
>>93465243
No he is right. New age bs is full of that.
Quantum woo "explains" ghosts.
>>
>>93465136
Great. Let's talk again in ten years when you're slowly descending into hell with the rest of us.
>>
>>93461278
No? Do giant talking heads that destroy worlds need a specific deity to exist?

And they could both "exist" without being the versions you think they are or being as powerful as you expect.
>>
>>93468264
>woo
WOOOOOO WOOOOOO
>>
>>93466278
what?
>>
>>93469028
Depends, do giant floating heads come from a creation story with said deity?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.