[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about Spider-Man that makes people so gaga for him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

What is it about Spider-Man that makes people so gaga for him?

I highly doubt it's the every day guy thing.
>>
>>93458811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT55pvSe9R4
>>
>>93458811

hes eh cool guy who shot web and save girl
>>
He has a great costume (and a great suite of alternate costumes), he's interesting to look at in action, and he's funny

And then there's all the personal drama and character growth shit for the eggheads who care about that stuff
>>
>>93458894
Yeah. This. Plus it was the coolest shit ever as a kid watching him swing around the city in the Raimi movies.
>>
His life sucks, but he tries his best to be a good person. He's relatable to a lot of people, and he's funny, plus his powers make for some pretty awesome fight scenes.
>>
>>93458811
I'm mostly a Kirby fag when it comes to marvel- but-
Spidey has got to have well over 500 individual comics that absolutely don't suck. I can't think of any other character that comes close to that.

Who can touch that?
>>
>>93458963
>his life sucks
yeah, no. Only if you exagerate all his shit.
>>
>>93458811

He has the best costume design. All his stories and drama is all irrelevant to why he's so marketable
>>
>>93458968

Spider-Man's most famous stories are famous because they're awful
>>
>>93458811
he is sexy sexy big penis bulge
>>
>>93458968
>has got

So you haven't read any of them or
>>
https://youtu.be/cKW7NSgiCFo

4 million views.
>>
>>93458968
Spiderman has a looooot of shit stories and issues desu

Not even like ASBAR or Odyssey shit where it's entertaining, but like actual shit.
>>
>>93458811
He's likeable, he's got a cool look and he's got cool powers.

Sometimes when I'm alone in my house, I pretend to grab stuff across the room with my web.
>>
>>93459463
>>93459017
>>93459270
>never read a comic from before the year 2000.
I know, kid, reading is hard, haaaaaard, but getting all your ideas from /co/ isn't any substitute.
>>
>>93458980
>grew up with his poor aunt and uncle in Queens because his parents died.
>Uncle dies due to his own ego.
>Best friend's dad and somewhat of a father figure tries to murder him, then sleeps with his first love and murders her
>Best friend goes crazy and also tries to murder him
>Mentor goes crazy and tries to murder him with octopus arms
>All the while he's still poor, and the one job that'll take him is constantly trying to get the city to hate him
>Cool new costume ends up being a rage-filled alien with a stalker-like obsession that ends up with the one person that has as much of a hateboner for him
>Gets new mentor who's also a superhero, but soon sells him out for politics
>On the run from villains he'd arrested now hired by government, also lost job and eventually his aunt due to secret identity
>In his grief sacrifices the one good part of his life to bring back his decrepit aunt
>Oh right also one of his villains proclaimed his love for him then proceeded to fucking jump off a building at one point
>Gets back job due to devil magic only to lose it again due to photoshop
>Literally every friend he makes ends up trying to murder him at least once
>Dead villain's crazy homoerotic family decide to amp up his villains and make his life a living hell because they don't understand how suicide works
>Oh, did I mention the clone saga?
>Or Spider-Island?
>Or his archnemesis basically ruling the country for a little bit?
>Oh and then there was that time he litetally had to leave someone he cared about to drown in order to save the world
>That's ok though, he still has his cat-themed somewhat of a love intetest that--she's kissing Daredevil.
>Due to secret identity, his aunt and brothet-in-law think it's his fault his Step uncle died
>Gets mindswapped with dying cancer patient
Comes back only to find out said patient pretty much took over his life and made everyone think he was a dick, as well as seducing a dwarf who still has a thing for him.
I could go on
>>
>>93458811
at this point it's just his status as a hero icon. no one is more popular than him other than batman and superman.

anyway, you know that feeling when you swing on a set? and it feels pretty good to swing forward really fast? well his webswinging is that on steroids. humans are hunters by nature, moving really fast is something we can all relate to on a primal level.
>>
File: Captain America vs. Spiderman.png (965KB, 1012x682px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America vs. Spiderman.png
965KB, 1012x682px
Ask Captain America. He REALLY loves Spiderman!
>>
He is powerful but not too powerful. the daily segments make alot of people cheer for him because his life sucks like 90% of the normal people on this planet. and even if your life don't suck you will most likely cheer for him.
Spiderman is perfect definition of modern human life in superhero form.
And the only one that comes close to this but far less popular is Static Shock
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.