[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MARVEL LEGACY Announcement Coming Friday - 'Changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (58KB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 528x384px
>MARVEL LEGACY Announcement Coming Friday - 'Changes the Comic Book Industry!' Says Marvel

Did I miss it? What was the industry changing news?
>>
>>93455583
They're introducing this unique new concept called "variant covers." Never been seen before, I can only imagine the possibilities this will unearth.
>>
>>93455583
Marvel is exclusivley doing mini-series now. No more ongoings.
>>
>>93455583
Oh yeah, whole buncha shit got announced:
>month of homage variant covers for every book besides Runaways (this is the big one!)
>new Marvel Two-in-One
>Moon Knight relaunch
>Sam Wilson is going back to being The Falcon and his Cap book is getting relaunched as The Falcon
>they're finally killing off Jane Foster
>new supernatural team book with Blade, Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Satana and Hellstrom called Spirits of Vengeance

And uh... that's it. Consider the Industry changed, I guess?
>>
>>93455707
Oh wait! Actually I forgot some of the other huge industry changing news:
>Jen is going back to being She-hulk and her book is getting renamed to accommodate
>Doom is going back to being a villain
>Spider-gwen's Gwenom arc is FINALLY happening after like 2 years of teasing it
>Ultimates is canceled
>Gwenpool isn't canceled
>Punisher is becoming the new War Machine
>>
How'd marbel fuck up so bad?
They had so much steam after the success of the MCU, that they probably could've ended DC if they tried hard enough
Now DC has closed the gap comic wise, the DCEU is starting to gain steam, and they maybe able to go in for the kill if thor and spiderman is bad
>>
>>93456154
>they probably could've ended DC if they tried hard enough
That would have been bad for them and the industry. Marvel and DC are the pillars that hold the industry up. They're what keep LCSs in business and allow other publishers to gain the foot traffic from LCSs necessary for their non-Big 2 books to get published.

When one or the other falters, the entire industry suffers. Marvel and DC need each other just as third-party publishers need Marvel and DC.
>>
>>93455747
>Punisher is becoming the new War Machine
Why would this be necessary? And wouldn't this create backlash?

>WAAAAHHH WHITE CHARACTER IS TAKING THE ROLE OF A BLACK MAN!!!!
>>
>>93455747
>Spider-gwen's Gwenom arc is FINALLY happening after like 2 years of teasing it
Really?
>>
>>93456154
SJWs latched onto the MCU and then the comics.

Marvel then became more interested in scoring brownie points with them instead of making good stories.
>>
>>93456965
It's actually so stupid sounding I think people will be more distracted by the idea than the politics
>>
File: 1497432670200.jpg (15KB, 201x247px) Image search: [Google]
1497432670200.jpg
15KB, 201x247px
>>93455747
>>93456965
>>93457115
Do we not have enough Iron Men flying around already?
>>
>>93455583
There won't be an industry after we run it into the ground, so buy these variant covers while you can True Believers!
>>
>>93457042
this
>>
>>93456154

Marvel didn't even try to cut on the number on ongoings and is adding even more. My guess is that:
There's a mandate to create more characters and stories for the MCU in the future
Or
There's many writers/editors that want a piece of the cake and try to get pet projects off the ground so they might be adapted in the future.
Why else would Marvel not only spread thin their 'good' writers and artists, but also hire even more bums off the streets and eventually make less money per issue? (According to Nick "Three Reichs and You're Out" Spencer, all those relaunches and variants of big books is what keeps 'smaller' books alive)
Remember that Perlmutter is a the biggest Jew in the industry, he is not throwing money down the drain just to keep some people happy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.