[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seems that many of you don't like Brian Azzarelo's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: azzarello.jpg (56KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
azzarello.jpg
56KB, 658x370px
Seems that many of you don't like Brian Azzarelo's body of work?

Why is that so?
>>
File: ww_risso.jpg (771KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ww_risso.jpg
771KB, 711x1080px
>>93455105
He did a "not muh" run on a trinity charcter and worked with comic book Hiddler. The response he gets here could be much worse tbqhwyf.
>>
Hes very hit or miss for me. His run on Wonder Woman is gains harsh criticism when really its a perfectly fine run, at least for an elseworlds. Didnt much care for his Joker book, yet enjoyed Luthor. I guess it all circles back to not muh
>>
i dont read comics man how should i know?
>>
File: ww30.jpg (287KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ww30.jpg
287KB, 791x1200px
His Wonder Woman run is one of my favorites, up there with Perez's run. DC should have been more careful about the writer who they chose to follow him up. The place he left Diana in deserved better than the fucking Finches to carry on from it.
>>
>>93455105
His writing is sophomoric and try-hard. What 15 year old would find edgy and "smart". Not to mention he had a hand in fucking up the The Killing Joke movie.
>>
>>93455105
The first thing I read by him was that Doctor 13 story which seems to be telling me that I am stupid for liking what I like.
Never, lt terribly compelled to look at stuff again.
>>
Because /co/ is full of pussies.
>>
>>93455105

I've only ever read two of his stories.

>Batman: Broken City
>Superman: For Tomorrow

Both of them were absolute shit, so I'll never ready anything by him ever again.
>>
>>93455105
He talks a big game but he is completely full of shit.
>>
File: wwares.jpg (59KB, 582x300px) Image search: [Google]
wwares.jpg
59KB, 582x300px
>>93455105
>seeing azzarello for the first time
So, did he just straight-up self-insert as Ares?
>>
>>93456453
Azz pls go
>>
>>93458518
Apparently, Azz told Chiang to draw Ares as a grumpy old man. So Chiang just drew Azz.
>>
File: WonderWoman_2.jpg (387KB, 1241x1181px) Image search: [Google]
WonderWoman_2.jpg
387KB, 1241x1181px
>>93458685
It's a fun little bit of Hypercrisis, too, since we eventually learn that in the Flashpoint continuity Wonder Woman was mentored by Ares for a while, and he comes back as a guiding figure for her in the story. So Azz becomes Diana's guide in a metafictional sense.
>>
>>93458685
Nice.
>>
>>93458685
And he just let it slide?
>>
>>93455105
I fucking loved his Wonder Woman run and his Lex Luthor story. Haven't read much else tho.
>>
>>93455105
How are his current Image crime comics? I read the first trade of his aftershock comic and didn't find it that good. Moonshine's premise seems interesting. I actually loved the tone of his WW. It had consistently good art and was never interrupted by shitty events. I hope Didio gives him another run on a mainstream DC book. Maybe Hawkman or Aquaman.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.