[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between comics and picture books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: the-rainbow-fish.jpg (489KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the-rainbow-fish.jpg
489KB, 1600x1600px
What's the difference between comics and picture books? Are picture books /co/?
>>
>>93454889
No, go to /lit/.
>>
>>93454889
So are you gonna storytime or what?
>>
>are (X) /co/?
God I fucking hate this phrase. I mean, it's so stupid because you idiots will use it for fucking anything.

"Hey guys, are fruit cups /co/?"
"Hey guys, is the Dominican Republic /co/?"
"Hey guys, is my anus /co/?"
>>
>>93455218
to be fair, if an artist were to use an image of their own anus as a reference for a comic, it WOULD be /co/
>>
File: DH3h2KV.jpg (46KB, 498x693px) Image search: [Google]
DH3h2KV.jpg
46KB, 498x693px
>>93455218
The Dominican Republic should be /co/
>>
>>93454960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mryuEKkKc
>>
File: 1482571966262.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482571966262.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>93454889
Yes.
Anyone remember the cartoon?
>>
>>93454889

I think some picture books pretty much count as comics. I mean it's the same basic concept.
>>
>>93455351
GIVE
ME
HER
NAME
>>
>>93455389
The cartoon adaptation is /co/. The original book is /lit/.

>>93454889
Picture books still have a degree of separation between word and image; they're not quite as seamlessly integrated as with a comic strip. For example, if someone is speaking, the picture book would have the dialogue separate to and outside of the image, while a comic strip would use a speech balloon within the artwork to directly indicate the speaker.
>>
If you want to go full Scott McCloud, picture books are probably comics, since they're still sequential images, just with no paneling.
>>
>>93455389

Oh man.
I thought maybe I imagined the cartoon or something.

Also the seahorse looks so weird because it's just a seahorse with a girls human head.
>>
>>93455814
You're right, she does looks weird.
Still, would you let her lay her eggs into your abdomen?
>>
>>93454889
Isn't this book racist or something?
>>
>>93456025
I've heard it referred to as ableist or something.
>>
Not sure if picture books are board relevant, but as an aside, it kind of ticks me off when an artist uses a clear set of sequential images to tell a story, but when asked if they consider their work comics respond with "nuh-uh! My stuff isn't comics, don't lump me in with comics, this is totally different."

Can't remember if the person or people I'm thinking of include the chick that did pic related or if their work was just similar.
>>
>>93454889
I hate the book's message. You're selfish if you don't want to mutilate yourself and give parts of your body to jealous plebs?
>>
File: the rainbow fish.jpg (709KB, 539x3277px) Image search: [Google]
the rainbow fish.jpg
709KB, 539x3277px
>>93456542
It's still pretty fucked up even if you don't take it that literally.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.