[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like Blonde Phantom a lot and I think she deserves to be used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 3766967-blondephantom.jpg (405KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
3766967-blondephantom.jpg
405KB, 461x600px
I like Blonde Phantom a lot and I think she deserves to be used more.

>Actual noir crimefighter from the 1940s
>Rejuvenated so she's at peak physical health
>Smart, driven and gutsy
>Detective
>Lifetime of experience

I mean granted, maybe I don't actually want Blonde Phantom to be brought back right now becaue most Marvel writer are so shit, but I still dare to dream.

Blonde Phantom thread.
>>
File: blonde.phantom-18.jpg (480KB, 1056x1600px) Image search: [Google]
blonde.phantom-18.jpg
480KB, 1056x1600px
Put James Robinson on it and get a decent good-girl artist and I'd buy it.
>>
>>93447971
Can't get past how far up the pistols' triggers her index fingers are.
>>
>>93448394

coover probably doesn't know about guns
>>
>>93447971
Oh, so she's a Marvel character? Shit, I was excited thinking you were talking about a public domain character. Just steal elements from her backstory and have them also happen to Woman in Red, she's public domain.
>>
>>93449525

Alan moore actually used Woman in Red for ABC but for whatever reason he gave her GL-like powers.
>>
>>93451203
I think the idea there was to imagine what it'd be like if Nedor didn't stop comic production during the 40's or 50's and continued on like DC did. So once superheroes became popular again in the late 50's other characters get revived with powers.
>>
>>93449525
Is there a list of sexy public domain women to use? I could use a summer project.
>>
>>93449525
>Oh, so she's a Marvel character?

Yeah. Good friends with She-Hulk.
>>
>>93449525
Yeah she was used in Byrne's She-Hulk. I can't remember where else she appeared in 616. She also has a counterpart in Marvel Adventures who looks the same as she did in the 40's.
>>
>>93452613
Also a supporting character in Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.
>>
>>93452530
You could try looking through this, I guess:

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Female_Characters
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 255x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 255x395px
>>93447971
She already came back as a fat old woman who can change into hot lady.

Then her daughter replaced her.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 336x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 336x400px
>>93452727
>>
File: frew-phantom-4970031.jpg (181KB, 1084x1485px) Image search: [Google]
frew-phantom-4970031.jpg
181KB, 1084x1485px
Rather see The Phantom revived.

Alternatively Black Phantom and Blonde Phantom lessing out
>>
>>93452395

Pretty much. It had some very clever updates in it. I especially liked how they did the Black Terror.
>>
>>93452709
>>93452727

When Byrne came back again to She-Hulk he retconned out everything that happened in the issues between his two runs, so Blonde Phantom's daughter doesn't exist anymore. And Blonde Phantom was instead rejuvenated by Mole Man and is now the same age as she was in the golden age. She even had a one-shot issue where she solved a case in the 2000s during the Marvel golden age anniversary.

So she's out there and young, but nobody ever uses her, other than AU versions like Marvel Adventures.
>>
The problem really is that what is there to make her interesting and set her apart from anyone? Generic female detective in a world full of them isn't really a great. You'd have better luck with a Dakota North story or, well, anything.
>>
>>93453247
The Phantom blows ass, you hipster shit.
>>
>>93449525

Was she the one that was actually a guy in drag?
>>
>>93455245
Not to my knowledge. But she's public domain, so if that's the story you want to tell, I can't stop you.
>>
Wait, wasn't she in that all-ages Spider-Man book for a while?
>>
>>93455362
Yeah, Peter's mutant girlfriend got a job at her detective agency.
>>
>>93455245
No that's Madam Fatal.

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Madam_Fatal
>>
>>93455444

Thanks Anon. I don't think DC ever did anything with this guy even after buying out Quality.
>>
>>93455723
He showed up in an issue of The Shade six years ago.
>>
>>93455851

Also mentioned in Golden Age, both by Robinson.
>>
>>93454452
Nice falseflag, hipster
>>
>>93456368
Also referenced in an issue by JSA, also by Robinson.

Man, Robinson references the character a lot.
>>
>>93456430

He has a thing about crossdressing. It turns up a lot in his writing.
>>
>>93447971

What's so special about her? Is she just Black Canary with guns?
>>
literally who
>>
LEGS
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.