[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I've been thinking and I might want to start a youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1493239670662.png (406KB, 450x596px) Image search: [Google]
1493239670662.png
406KB, 450x596px
Guys, I've been thinking and I might want to start a youtube channel reviewing trade paperbacks and arcs in a loose and more convienent way for normies to access comic book stuff, is there a market for that? Would you watch it?

Am i a faggot for wanting to do this? Should I try something else like a blog or something instead?
>>
>would you watch it.
No
>am I a faggot
Yes
>>
>>93445489
/thread
>>
>>93445468
Best to try it out. If you succeed you've achieved your aims, and if you fail you lose nothing but time.
>>
File: 1377783892900.png (755KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1377783892900.png
755KB, 500x667px
>>93445489
>>93445516
I just want more people to read comics
>>
Do you rewiev capes or do you stay away from capes?
>>
>>93445564
Most likely only capes but I'd be willing to take requests from people
>>
File: zamasu.png (217KB, 350x599px) Image search: [Google]
zamasu.png
217KB, 350x599px
>>93445558
Cartoons, TV Shows and Movies can't get people into a LCS or even pirating the damn things, what makes you think (you) can? You're nothing, you just don't have what it takes, you miserable ningen!
>>
>>93445468

Good for you OP I say go for it. I'm tempted to start with doing more literary/thematic analysis of certain comics as that's what my training is in.
>>
I say do it, i've had a couple a friends actually get into comics through vailent comics and whatculture comics youtube channels unfourtantly i also have other friends that act like they know everything about comics and comic culture through those channels
>>
>>93445468
GO FOR IT MAN

I'd watch it. I'm usually very careful with what I buy so I always take reviews into consideration
>>
>>93445558
>I just want more people to read comics
An idea I've had for some time is amateur VA's doing voice overs, and if one has the editing skills a touch of motion comic flare, to short but great pages, or comics if you've got the endurance, to present the very best of the material in a format that can be easily digested.

With the attention span of today people aren't privy to go looking for what's worth the effort in an ever growing pile, and even less keen on having to read through all of it, but I imagine if their interest was captured first then their enthusiasm could be better ignited from a positive experience. There's even these threads where people post a single page meant to draw readers right? Could use that as a source. Share the highlights of a book or character or arc or writer in a sort of Elevator Pitch form. Once viewers have their impression colored their imagination will do the rest.

Now I know the DCAU technically should have facilitated this already, but you have to keep in mind by having animated, altered versions of the original material it sort of made less for a lure and more of an alternative to it. I very much doubt people who saw For The Man Who has Everything went and read the comic after for example, even Moore preferred the abridged version but preference isn't the point here. If we're talking incentive you've got to give the dish a touch of presentation to make it look appetizing.

Someone posted a link to an example of this sort of thing where a supposed Russian comic reader does voice over and I know of a guy who did two parts of the Thanos Quest, but neither have seemed to really take off. I figure it's just the material used and its relevance. You've gotta go for what's appealing now, look at the movies and games coming out and where they draw their inspiration to draw attention back to it.
>>
>>93445489
/co/ reaction to everything
>>
>>93445468
Go for it but ONLY if your opinions are good
>>
>>93447185
I guess I should also specifically cite KaptainKristian's X-Men and Watchmen vids as inspiration not just example since the first showed me a Motion Comic approach of the X-Men and while rough, as motion comics tend to be, it proved you could capture the undiluted direction of the comics without the compromise the movies and cartoons often have to make resulting in further splinter in the fanbase across the media as to what the X-Men really are.
The second spoke on how regardless of comparisons adaptations can and should help supplement the source material not substitute it.

https://youtu.be/3BXP5XAkPt4?t=3m51s
https://youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I?t=5m41s
>>
>>93447317
these are good. If you want other good in depth stuff check out Strip Panel Naked and Deconstructing comics
>>
>>93447185
> amateur VAs

stopped reading there
>>
>>93447673
I just got a link to SPN and I'm already clearing my day to watch as much of it as I can, will check out Deconstructing Comics too.

>>93447730
I just figured it would be easier to get people willing to work for free and with little concern what role they get. /co/ and other boards used to have vocaroo threads where anons read out things for the sake of it, there were also threads where people sing together and once or twice I've seen people aspiring to be voice actors even pass through so it just made sense to use the available resource.

Overall point is just a Youtube channel version of those One Page threads so someone on a lazy day goes through their recommendation list, affected by their viewing of various superhero movie trailers, and finds a video just listed as X's Greatest Moment/Speech etc clicks it and sits through long enough to feel an appreciation for the material and go looking for more.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.