[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nigga MJ >no one even talks about uncle Ben >downey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg (210KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg
210KB, 711x1080px
>nigga MJ
>no one even talks about uncle Ben
>downey jr shitshow
>aunt may finds out that Pete is Spider-Man and it's PLAYED FOR LAUGHS

So, are you guys happy with "muh MCU Spider-Man" now?
>>
File: Best one yet.png (134KB, 1080x998px) Image search: [Google]
Best one yet.png
134KB, 1080x998px
>>93431131
Yes that all sounds great
Imagine what they could do with xmen and fantastic 4
>>
>TASM franchise died for this
>>
>>93431131
I keep seeing these pop up, sauce? "My friend saw it" hearsay don't count.
>>93431197
Good. I'd rather watch a big screen adaptation of Clone Wars than ASM2.
>>
>>93431332
enjoy your Shaniqua MJ then. Reblog gifs of her being sassy all you want on your tumblr.
>>
>>93431332
ASM1 was shitty as well, worse than Thor dark world and Man of steel,I have no idea why critics didn't fucked this piece of shit.
>>
File: miles facepalm.png (265KB, 342x512px) Image search: [Google]
miles facepalm.png
265KB, 342x512px
>>93431131
>>nigga MJ

She's not Mary-Jane Watson you dumbass motherfucker
>>
>>93431403
No shit, sherlock. You're telling me she won't be Peter's love interest for the whole franchise and we'll actually get a Mary Jane somewhere? Are you REALLY that stupid?
>>
>>93431332
There was a Reddit post that had a bunch of details. No concrete proof but a ton of people were believe it. Not sure why.
>>
>>93431435
>You're telling me she won't be Peter's love interest for the whole franchise and we'll actually get a Mary Jane somewhere?

I didn't say that, you dumbass motherfucker

Your complaint amounts to "they changed the race of this original character they created". It's not even a legitimate complaint

now fuck off
>>
>>93431465
Instead they created a fucking OC donut steel. If I wanted fanfics I would go to the internet.
>>
>>93431131
Aunt May finds out?? FFS I didnt know that thanks for the spoilers
>>
>>93431488

we know what you want. Some comic book from the 80's, and nothing else, ever. You fear change and you don't want anything to move forward at all, Just have the same spider-man you grew up with and never anything else, or else you scream REEEEEEE IT'S NO FAIR

fuck off with your "not muh Spidey bullshit". You're retarded if you thought this was going to be a carbon copy of your Todd McFarlane comics
>>
>>93431403
You're right, shes Michelle Johnson, sometimes called MJ. THATS SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER
>>
>>93431554
Theres nothing wrong with only wanting an old version of your character forever you faggot
>>
>>93431554
Actually I'm against making movie adaptations of comics at all. But if you're going to do it, why don't stay true to the characters? I know it's a different media and some adaptations have to be made, but why do they NEEDED to make "MJ" black?
>>
>>93431131
I stopped being interested when I saw how cringey he was in Civil War and everything since then has only reaffirmed that
>>
>>93431660
To appeal to the 3 black women who are interested in superhero movies
>>
>Still pushing the Michelle Rodriguez is actually MJ meme
Contrarians are getting really desperate
>>
>>93431899
It's been confirmed.
>>
>>93431972
Citation needed
>>
>>93431972
You have sauce on that? Or are you just pulling things out of OPs as again?
>>
>>93431899
It's confirmed by now, bro.
>>
>>93431131
>>93431131
Spiderman but every time it reboots it gets worse
>>
>>93432013
Still waiting on that sauce OP
>>
>>93431131
Looks like dog crap. Are normies really gonna eat this up?
>>
>>93432176
I'm going to see it mainly for the fights but only ironically
>>
>>93432176
normies eat everything marvel shits out her ass. Even Iron Man 3.
>>
File: Iron man.jpg (85KB, 473x640px) Image search: [Google]
Iron man.jpg
85KB, 473x640px
>>93432176

>implying it could flop

This movie was a guaranteed hit before it even hit theaters, before Holland even filmed his scenes in Civil War
>>
>>93431170

A crowd pleaser indeed, because it is so jam packed with subversive narrative that it sings to the tune that everyone has been programmed for making it easier to swallow for them. It hits the common crap checklist.
>>
>>93431197
I hated TASM series but after reading the spoilers it sounds better than this. I know it might be played out, but you CAN NOT HAVE SPIDER-MAN WITHOUT UNCLE BEN! His entire schtick about Power and Resonbisiblity came frm that man. Just assuming everyone "gets it" is a disservice to new fans that have this as their first Spidey movie.

Even Spider-Man by Raimi and The Amazing Spider-Man by Webb told an origin story because the knew it was essential to the character. I don't even give a shit about Spider-Man's inability to throw a goddamn punch but not including uncle ben is embarassing. The BvS movie had the decency to have the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne in the opening credits. What the fuck is Sony thinking?
>>
>>93431131
No. I'm sick and tired of Spider-Man. The character has been shit for fucking decades. It boggles my mind people can jizz for him and his knockoffs and then hate on characters like Batman and Wolverine, who while also over exposed have been stars of quality products unlike Parker and the Parkettes.
>>
>>93432961
Fuck off Bendis
>>
You know they called her Michelle cause Michelle Obama
>>
Looks terrible. "Diverse" supporting cast sucks and Holland sounds like Justin Bieber on helium. Also, do not like the idea of a talking Siri suit that lights up.
>>
>>93431899
>>93431972
Junior novel confirms she's the daughter of Adrian Toomes and Mrs. Toomes is played by a black woman.
>>
>>93433513
It was probably a bad sign to cast somebody at 18 whose voice still hadn't changed. Now they're stuck.
>>
File: 881096.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
881096.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>93431403
Well she is and she isn't, if you understand what I mean.
>>
>>93433589
>I can't tell the difference between black people
umm... racist much?
>>
>>93433795
How is that racist?
http://nerdist.com/zendaya-spider-man-homecoming-spoilers-nerdist-news/
>>
>>93431131
Michelle is Vulture's daughter you contrarian retards
>>
>>93433589
>Junior novel confirms
No, the people who read it said that's nowhere in it.
>>
>>93432489
okay, i gotta say what the fuck here. because once mcu spider-man was announced, all i heard was "please not another origin story." so they don't do one and here you come, saying they NEEDED to do one (even though timeline-wise that'd be really fucking weird bc we already know he's spider-man by civil war, so why jump back in time?)
>>
>>93432067
Look it for yourself, you god damn mongoloid
>>
File: Spider-Man2.jpg (331KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man2.jpg
331KB, 711x1080px
>>93434242
I don't give a shit that it's connected to the MCU. This has the potential to be the first Spider-Man movie any child sees. Especially because it's part of this multiverse that recommends you go through the whole thing. If that's going to be the case I fucking want them to have a full Spider-Man experience where they fully see the motivations for the character and development of his mantra he carries on to this day.

Some may see this choice as hokey and unnecessary, but they can go fuck themselves. Every single super-hero flick that traversed writers (Hulk -- Incredible Hulk, Punisher -- Punisher Warzone) they at the very last had an origin exposition that caught audiences up to speeed. It doesn't even need to be longer, just a reference of the brief bullet points would be enough and to have the attitude that it doesn't need that because its too cool for origin stories can be cuntpunted straight into the sun and have the remaining imicroparticles sucked into the Negative Zone only to be reincarnated by some Elder God with a sense of humor as a piece of toilet paper Annhilus wipes his ass with. And he doesn't even flush. He leaves that shit to fester in its own disappointment of being a shit.
>I hope you don't take any of this hostility towards you. You seem like a pretty cool bloke that was willing to engage in a sensible dialog that I curbstomped with a complete lack of alternative opinion because I'm jaded.
>I've been drinking.
>>
>>93434524
I agree with that kid thing. Like, the thing that I'm getting from Homecoming is that it lacks heart and it's more "OH GEEZ! How can I get a girlfriend and get on the Avengers?!" sort of thing.
>>
>>93433132
>bendis
>not praising Spider-Man and Black Spider-Man and Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen

try again you fucking faggot
>>
>>93433992
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, news outlets have made the world retarded over this film! LIZ ALLEN is the Vulture's daughter. They probably said Michelle before because they could tell the black girls apart.
>>
>>93431465
Nigga they made MJ black and then didn't have the balls to go through with her and made her some OC because the didn't wanna piss off people who like red heads ( not gingers) which is fucking 70% of the population.
>>
File: Smh.png (4MB, 1440x2406px) Image search: [Google]
Smh.png
4MB, 1440x2406px
>>93434524
Also Ganhke or whatever his name is should not be a stand in for Ned Leeds. Ned was a pivotal piece of the Hobgoblin arc that changed Betty's character in a significant way. Having him be this fat nerd that has no connection to Ned Leeds is a goddamn disgrace.

Michael Keaton is cool as Vulture. I'm excited for that in spite of this train wreck of a film.

Also fuck diversity. I want a redhead Mary Jane. She needs to be an absolute knockout to juxtapose Pete's normality. Her attractiveness is meant to contradict her extremely caring and empathic nature. She's supposedly to seem like a party girl that has a surprsiing attachment to her friends. I don't have the pic on hand but the page where she comforts Pete after Gwen Stacy's death is godlike. And it comes out of the blue because MJ is this model that could have anyone and she decides to spend her time comforting her friend in his time of need, in spite of him trying to push her away in his own indriect way
>>
File: 1491673587455.jpg (90KB, 1024x798px) Image search: [Google]
1491673587455.jpg
90KB, 1024x798px
>taking cape products seriously
It's just another Spider-Guy movie. There will be another reboot in a year or two. In the mean-time, read better comics and watch better movies.
>>
File: spiderman2_1600-1024x768.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman2_1600-1024x768.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
>>93434585
>>93434585
>more "OH GEEZ! How can I get a girlfriend and get on the Avengers?!" sort of thing.
Uggggg this is a perfection description of what I detest about this movie. Spider-Man should be able to carry his own fucking movie without the assistance of Iron Man, but because Marvel has a hand in this I guess they didn't wanna chance Sony fucked it up.
>I like the Raimi Costume (especially 2) more than TASM 2.
>>
>>93431131
Well, OP, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know.
>>
>>93431131

Michael Keaton is the main reason I want to watch this, but going back to Downey I can't unthink he's villain Ironman and go back to square one.
>>
>>93431131
I tuned out at ASM1

As far as I'm concerned there are only two Spidey movies, and Raimi directed them both.
>>
>>93431465
>nigger detected
Was you KANGZ, my friend?
>>
>>93434658
>. Her attractiveness is meant to contradict her extremely caring and empathic nature. She's supposedly to seem like a party girl that has a surprsiing attachment to her friends.
And that has shit to do with her being a white red head
>>
>>93434692
It's part of the MCU. There will be no reboot.
>>
>>93435066
It is part of a recent Hollywood trend of replacing redheads with black characters - either recasting while using the character name (Iris West, Jimmy Olsen) or by substituting a different character in a redhead's place (this new Spider-man).

Hollywood hates the gingers.
>>
>>93434770
ASM2 is basically the Raimisuit with bigger eyes. I can't see how people can like the ASM2 one but not Raimi's
>>
>>93431131
>>no one even talks about uncle Ben

Who cares? I probably want to see Uncle Ben die less than Peter does at this point. I get it, he gets shot and it's Peter fault.

Can we focus on something else, please? It'd be nice to have a mention of Uncle Ben, but I'm okay with them not rehashing the angst.
>>
>>93432489
>Peter already said the "great power/great responsibility" thing in Civil War
>"NO, WE NEED TO SEE UNCLE BEN DIE AGAIN"

Are you serious? I'm not saying Uncle Ben isn't important, but holy shit, there's a better way to have Peter show he understands that lesson than showing a scene that we have seen in movies twice already.

And Batman's parents dying is just as overused as well.
>>
>>93434988
>le epic KANGZ maymay
>>
>>93436035
All I'm asking for is a two minute showcase in the intro during the title reveal . And I also care about new audiences being exposed to the characters. We both know that kids don't read comics these days (or at least not like it was in the 80/90s, and if they do watch TV all they have to go on is Ultimate Spider-Man (which was fucking awful as well as recently cancelled/ended). With these factors now in play, how the fuck are any of these kids supposed to know who Uncle Ben is unless they go online? Which we know they won't feel inclined to do because HE'S NOT MENTIONED THEREFORE THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE TO LOOK HIM UP!
>All that said, I could be wrong. But I don't see what the big deal is when not having an origin exposition.
>If the movie can't sacrifice two minutes during the title then the movie is too high its own ass to think logically because its suffering from methane poisoning.
>>
i think it looks fun and different from the others
>>
>>93431576
I hope she's a red herring and she's actually MCU Firestar.
>>
>>93431131

why is MJ being black a bad thing again
>>
>>93434242

Welcome to /co/, what we get is the opposite of what we want no MATTER what.

Anybody want to jack off over animated series' from a decade ago that were "too good to last"?
>>
>>93438741

Why is it a good thing? Why is it a thing at all? What's the point?
>>
>>93438978

black people exist in New York, and this adds a very visible black character who isn't a complete nobody

did it make you angry when Nick Fury was made black too?
>>
>>93436744

>And I also care about new audiences being exposed to the characters

Who the FUCK do you think is being exposed to Spider-Man for the first time? Spider-Man is at the same level of pop-cultural osmosis as BatMan at this point, you could out on the street and 9 of 10 people could tell you the origins of Pete's powers, his motivations for fighting crime and 3 members of his rogues gallery.

Also Spectacular Spider-Man skated over his origin story and it's objectively the best piece of Spider-Man media so I don't know why you're acting like this is some new thing.

>>93438978

It impacts nothing. If you make Pete black, it causes a ripple effect where other hugely important characters in the mythos need to be racelifted too, it changes too much and I would argue against it.

Conversely, MJ's character being racelifted means nothing and impacts nothing, I know her being a redhead is huge for MJ, but I would argue if the most defining aspect of your character is the color of her hair you have a bad character on your hands.
>>
I like MJ being black

there's really no media I can think of with a white guy and a black girl getting together, much more of black guy and white girl
>>
>>93439208
>Who the FUCK do you think is being exposed to Spider-Man for the first time?
You know children exist, right?
There are multiple born every second.
>>
>>93439414
The Flash show has this and so will the upcoming Flash movie.
>>
File: IMG_20170625_125256.jpg (329KB, 1080x1731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_125256.jpg
329KB, 1080x1731px
>>
>>93444697
>>93433992
>>93434644
This woman is Vulture's ex, btw.
>>
>>93431131
Is the Peter x Harry sex scene still in it?
>>
>>93444725
That's the tricky part, both Michelle snd Liz are black so she could be mother to both. Although I'm still leaning towards Michelle because, you know, she's a nobody while Liz is an ALLEN
>>
>>93431131
>downey jr shitshow
the only reason to watch this
>>
>>93431197
TASM was dead on arrival.
>>
>>93431131
Though now it's believable that Peter chose aunt over MJ.
>>
>>93444739
Why doesn't he come out of the closet already? The movie would bank on the first gay Spider-Man evur.
>>
>>93432961
>Wolverine
>quality products
OI IM LAFFIN
The last and only time he was good is under Miller.
>>
>>93431131
>no one even talks about uncle Ben
inb4 Tony says "great power comes great responsibility" not uncle Ben
>>
File: spidermantheblackening80.jpg (277KB, 998x1327px) Image search: [Google]
spidermantheblackening80.jpg
277KB, 998x1327px
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HOLLYWOOD, WHITE MAN!
>>
>>93432359
I haven't seen a marvel movie since Thor 1 should I watch it?
>>
MUH UNCLE BEN WAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>93445892
Villains too.
Shocker is black
Scorpion is latino
Jackal's sister (so logically him too) is black
>>
>>93445920
>missing out on the greatest movies of the past decade
What's WRONG with you
>>
I'll be buying a ticket to make you guys mad
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.