[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Ramses' father know that Moses was a Hebrew? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 27

File: Seti.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Seti.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Did Ramses' father know that Moses was a Hebrew? Or just the Queen?
>>
He knew, that or he's retarded enough to believe his wife could magically spawn children

Most likely he saw it as bad conduct to kill a child the gods had sent straight to his doorstep, and since Ramses was an only child he probably considered it good for the oldest to have the support and competition that comes from having a younger sibling
>>
Doesn't the queen say something along the lines of "look - a gift from the gods" when she finds him or something? And uses her death glare to silence her servant bitches when they give her questioning looks for picking him up?

It was probably pretty obvious as he grew up, but like >>93426855 said it'd be considered bad juju to reject something mysteriously sent to you "by the gods." But I think it was generally known that he wasn't theirs by blood - it's not like she was pregnant before he showed up.
>>
>>93427437
>>93426855
I mean there's also the chance they never put together the slaughter of Hebrew babies and a baby rolling up from nowhere.
>>
>>93427437
This is what I was thinking of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWm8OUqmT4
>>
DIdnt he say he hoped to use Moses to unite the two somehow? But then of course the Jews screwed Ramses over
>>
>>93427641
To be fair they didn't have a choice in the matter, God was forcing them to stroke his own ego.
>>
>>93427641
>Screwed Ramses over
Yeah those assholes, wanting to be free.
Just sit back and be abused to make pointless towers and shit.
>>
>>93427666
>>93427641
Damn this was a good movie

Even as a kid I knew it was something special
>>
>>93427666
>Forcing to stroke his Ego
As opposed to being forced to stroke Pharaohs?
>>
>>93427641
No, he never said that.
>>
The Jews weren't ever enslaved in Egypt in large numbers. They were more likely enslaved by Babylon.
>>
>>93427673
It's too bad God didn't show the same consideration to the slaves of the Jews.
>>
>>93425979
Yes, he knew that Moses wasn't his biological son. And I think you would have to be retarded to not notice "this baby showed up on the exact same day I had my soldiers slaughter babies". The Queen calls Moses "a gift from the gods", I assume the thinking for her and the Pharaoh was "ok, we tried to kill this one and it's just floated on our doorstep unharmed, the gods clearly want it to live".

>>93428509
The movie is presented as a fairy tale, not as fact. Similar to how Fox marketed Anastasia in Russia.
>>
>>93425979
in the bible, Moses knew he was a Hebrew, so I'm pretty sure the pharoh would to
>>
File: 2.jpg (32KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
32KB, 800x450px
9/10 movie, would have been a perfect 10 if they'd removed these two shitty characters.
>>
>>93430968
If they didn't show the local worship to be wicked it would be too easy to think that maybe all that shit was too much even for your average primordial chaos worshiper.
>>
>>93428669
>not knowing by now that God is a massive racist
Whew lad.
>>
>>93431071
As if it isn't already.
>>
File: I-am-wondering[2].jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I-am-wondering[2].jpg
50KB, 640x480px
You know how blacks are like WE WUZ KANGZ and they refer to this period in time?

They're basically admitting that their race thrived from the slavery they did to the Israelites the same way the whites did to them. One could even argue that their slavery was justified since it looks like really bad karma for them

It's a perfect pot-kettle scenario and one of them is actually black
>>
>>93430968
>Have the best song
>Worst characters
Looks like someone can't play with the big boys.
>>
>>93427673
But then they needed all the gold too for some reason?
>>
>>93431327
>You know how blacks are like WE WUZ KANGZ
Wasn't that always a meme for laughs?

Taken unironically it's like saying a 'jungle asian' from southeast asia can take pride in the accomplishments of ancient Chinese civilization. Even if you just account for the northern part of the African continent there were many culturally different kingdoms and civilizations in that region
>>
>>93431327
>their race thrived from the slavery they did to the Israelites
I wouldn't put it that way, since that whole story is pretty well known to not be factual. There were plenty of other African nations with slaves, though.
>>
>>93432065
>Wasn't that always a meme for laughs?

A look another "person" not know thing word meme. Besides even a simple search would find the quote you're looking for coming from a black person.
>>
>>93432197
>A look another "person" not know thing word meme.
How do I want more look like?

The key word here is 'a' black person.
>>
>>93430968
>the only character with a jew nose is egyptian
>>
>>93432144
Ancient Egypt was most definitely a slave society. They used war prisoners as chattel slaves for the nobility through most of their history, some of which might have been Jewish.
>>
WE
>>
>>93432316
No one is saying they didn't have slaves, just that they didn't have millions of slaves walk out on them in an incident that also wiped out their army, their food, and their children.
>>
>>93432435
Yeah, my mistake.
>>
>>93431327
This gotcha moment fails on the assumption that the majority of blacks follow the we wuz kings thinking or that they share the belief their ancestors, wherever they come from, are 100% fautless.

It's nice comfort bubble though.
>>
File: .png (376KB, 1134x700px) Image search: [Google]
.png
376KB, 1134x700px
>>93431910
I mean they ARE Jews.
>>93432065
Afrocentrists are real.
Hell Egyptian Afrocentrists are pretty reasonable compared to the more extreme ones. Making the leap that Africa is full of Black people is simplistic but understandable. And it's not as though that Black Egyptians didn't live within the kingdom and even there was a shortlived stint where Nubians ruled. They push things to hyperbole but still atleast that makes sense.
Then you get THESE motherfuckers.
>>
>>93432336
WUZ
>>
>We never got a David sequel, let alone Jesus
>only a Joseph DTV

I wanted to see PG-13 Bathsheba bathing
>>
>>93432585
The majority of African-Americans follow it.
>>
File: Zuleika_and_joseph.jpg (30KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
Zuleika_and_joseph.jpg
30KB, 600x335px
>>93432827
Atleast we got the thrist brown cougar out of it
>Jesus movie actually heavily focuses on Christ realizing he's God's son but still feels Joseph is his father
Not Bible accurate but sounds like a real heart tugger.
>>93432829
To Most African Americas that shit's irrelevant. If you asked a black person they probably wouldn't care but might believe We Wuz Kangz or whatever. But we're not heavily invested like you're implying and some of us do indeed know we don't have jack shit to do with the Blacks in Egypt and the Pharaohs weren't all black.
Besides apparently white people want to steal We Wuzzing since they learned Pharaohs have "white" DNA.
>>
I wish Dreamworks would do more good 2D
>>
File: 1420522297751s.jpg (6KB, 166x231px) Image search: [Google]
1420522297751s.jpg
6KB, 166x231px
>>93430968
>unironically hating "playing with the big boys"
>>
File: 14676854876360.gif (959KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
14676854876360.gif
959KB, 400x225px
>>93430968
>worst characters
>despite having one of the best songs in the movie
>>
>>93425979
>>93429141
Maybe he knew the child was found but the queen could have hidden the child as long as possible

By the time he found out it could have been a while later
>>
>>93432065
But that is exactly how American race view works, a Thai and a Korean are basically the same and both can claim Anime is their thing.
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (21KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
21KB, 800x450px
>>93430968
But I liked those characters

Perfect way to show how in those primitive times a skilled charlatan could pass some clever tricks as "magic" and "miracles"

I have a feeling that a lot of the stories of magic and wizardry in the past were all just a bunch of skillful shams peddling snake oil and using clever tricks to wooo the ignorant masses
>>
>>93431327
>You know how blacks are like WE WUZ KANGZ and they refer to this period in time?
>They're basically admitting that their race thrived from the slavery they did to the Israelites the same way the whites did to them.

Not exactly. The black "we wuz kangz" thing stems from the fact that black africans did in fact rule egypt for several centuries. The issue is that:

1. The Nubians conquered Egypt literally 5000 years after the Pharaoh from Exodus/Prince of Egypt died
2. these black africans (from modern sudan) were invaders, not natives
3. these black africans were from east africa, thousands of miles away from west africa

Black academics began "we wuz kangz" by accurately pointing out the fact that black people in eastern africa conquered and successfully ruled one of the greatest ancient civilizations for several centuries. It was meant to be a point of pan-african/pan-black pride, to disprove the notion that blacks were inferior. But naturally, DeAngelo Lebron Washington, who can't fucking find Africa on a map, said "aw sheeit nigga our ancestor wuz a kang", and from there the meme was born.

We actually "wuz kangz" in the sense that black people did in fact rule Egypt for a significant period of time. But we, American blacks, have as much in common with Sudanese blacks as Mexican whites do with Russians.
>>
File: but_its_wrong.png (250KB, 680x353px) Image search: [Google]
but_its_wrong.png
250KB, 680x353px
>>93432829
>The majority of African-Americans follow it.
No, the majority of blacks just kinda awkwardly nodd in agreement when one of the "woke" black people start talking that crazy shit like how blacks are actually somehow one of the 12 tribes of Israel and that the white Jews are subhumams who stole our """"real history"""" from us. one time I actually spoke up about how stupid that was at a family gathering and was treated with a near hour long rant about how I've let the white man brainwash me.
>>
>>93432829

>The majority

Lol, based off of what? Your shitty anecdotes and le ebin screencaps you've see on /his/?
>>
>>93431327
>their race thrived from the slavery
[Citation needed]

I swear, this board knew there was no evidence of slaves in Egypt, but as soon as the KANGZ meme began, everybody began to treat Prince of Egypt as a fucking documentary.
>>
>>93432829
>The majority of African-Americans follow it

No we don't...we generally regard people who strongly believe in the We Wuz Kangz meme as "hoteps", who are basically like the black alt-right. Granted, every now and then you'll see some random laquisha/lashonda post "we need to remind we kids that they come from kings n queens #woke #blm, 100emoji"....but that's just a statement of fact, of course there were fucking kings in west african society, there kings in all societies.
>>
File: 67[1].jpg (33KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
67[1].jpg
33KB, 800x450px
>>93434299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0

So much attention to detail

In that scene, when Moses turns his staff into a snake he does it in plain view, it transforms in front of everyone

When the priests turn their staffs into snakes, there is a flash of light to avert everybody's eyes and when they turn to look at them again they are holding snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGxAQpIvf0

Moses turns an entire river into real blood

The priests put some red dye into a bowl of water to show the Pharaoh they can do it too
>>
>>93425979
It's a setting where small children would walk around buck naked for the first several years of their life an Moses would have been circumcised. Everyone knew.
>>
>>93432710
JEWS
>>
>>93430968
YOURE MEMEING WITH THE GOOD GOYS NOW
>>
File: 1200px-MALI_empire_map.png (198KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-MALI_empire_map.png
198KB, 1200x755px
>>93434309
This

The most frustrating thing about "we wuz kangz" is that were quite a few powerful and influential African civilizations that are completely overlooked because the kangz are too busy trying to take credit for Egypt. Like pic related. A one point the Mali Empire was so wealthy that when one of their sultans went on his pilgrimage to Mecca he caused gold to devalue just by spending so much on every stop he took. There's also the Zulu, who were able to put up a helluva fight against the British Empire in its fucking prime. And then there's the Zande, who were hilariously apeshit.

Also, the best way to trigger the We Wuz's is to bring up that Cleopatra was a white woman.
>>
>>93425979
Yes. He almost certainly knew the baby brought before him was the same ethnicity as the mercenaries that he had turned into slaves.
>>
>>93431071
I don't think it showed it to be "wicked", more like superstitious and heavily reliant on trickery.

It's important to remember that Gods like Set, Anubis, Hades, Zeus the Rapist, etc etc all were designed with what worshipers considered to be appealing characteristics, even if we might think they are "evil" or just an asshole.

For Zeus to be a rapist like he was, that showed his power. He could have any woman he wanted, isn't that badass? Or Anubis. Literally the God of Egypt's enemies. Don't you want him on your side?

It's basically the equivalent of an edgelord character being appealing to certain fans.
>>
>>93434574
This is masterful exegesis
>>
>>93425979
In the Bible they all knew he was a Hebrew. He even knew he was a Hebrew his whole life growing up because his mom ended up being hired to raise him. That part where he learned he was a Hebrew was just added for the shock affect.
>>
>>93434787
>There's also the Zulu, who were able to put up a helluva fight against the British Empire in its fucking prime

Yeah but Shaka chimped the fuck out immediately afterwards in a fabulously retarded fashion so I don't blame them for not wanting to be associated with his crazy ass.
>>
>>93433826
That's a thing of the past. Just cherish the ones they made before CGI became king
>>
>>93425979
Jew here. Neither knew, they thought he was an Egyptian until he came back with Aaron, because their sins blinded them to the truth. Their sins also prevented them from killing Moses when he returned, firstly because he was raised like a son and secondly because they feared Moses' wonder-working.
>>
>>93434850
Anubis was never the god of Egypt's enemies and was hardly, if ever, represented as bad

Set is closer to what you're thinking, being a god of foreigners and being treated as the pantheon villain after a certain point
>>
>>93435175
Oh yes, you're right. Excuse me.
>>
>>93435175
God Set's shit with Horus is some weird ass shit. For example the make the other guy eat your cum challenge
>>
>>93435141
Pharaoh's daughter knew he was a Hebrew. She says in Exodus 2:6 that he was a Hebrew baby.
>>
>>93433145
Joseph most likely died by the time Jesus was an adult, since he's proclaimed to be the man of his house.
It could be a great scene at the end when he's ascended to Heaven and Joseph is up their to give him a welcome home hug.
>>
>>93434850
I think Zeus is interesting. Since by my understanding rape in antiquity isn't really the same as modern rape. It's more just about taking or fucking a woman that you don't have a right t,but these women are practically the property of their guardians/masters. And Zeus didn't really brute his way in either. He uses trickery or bests them in some sort of competition. Zeus is an asshole rapist. But a cunning powerful asshole rapist. And back then they didn't care if you were a horrible person so long as you were an amazing horrible person.
>>
>>93435236
I'm not sure if he was even a rapist by modern standards. Didn't he seduce them first? Also, what the fuck kind of girl would turn down a literal god? That's pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>93435236
Zeus rape was by deception, he at least made himself look like a person they wanted to fuck and did not force himself on them. Poseidon was the one who forced himself on people, Athena would then get jealous and turn them into hideous monsters.
>>
>>93427673
>Screwed Ramses over
>Yeah those assholes, wanting to be free...instead of building pointless towers and shit

You know what, that might mean a bit more if the chain of events wasn't:

>Let's turn all the water toxic in a DESERT! So No one can drink anything.
>What, that's not enough, lets flood everything with Frogs! Guess that will show them!
>What, they still don't want to turn their country into a 3rd world hellhole and get invaded? Fuck, the FROGS DIE NOW! and from their rotting corpses, FLIES AND LICE!!!!
>Well, shit, still not working, let's kill all the animals they eat!
>Shit, that didn't work, and the deaths from thirst aren't enough, I know, the FLIES SPREAD PLAGUE! BOILS FOR EVERYONE! YHVH SHALLL SPREAD NURGLES LOVE!!!!
>shit still not working. Okay, that's it, I've had it! THUNDER AND BURNING HAIL! WHAT'S THAT? HAIL DOESN'T BURN? FUCK YOU I SAY IT'S BURNING NOW!!!
>What, they're still not giving in? Fine, locusts, because screw them having water, screw them having meat, and SCREW THEM HAVING ANY OTHER FOOD AT ALL FOR NOW OF THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS!
>My god, the balls on these guys. Sure, I'm making Pharoh refuse to give up because surrender would screw my sadistic fun, but damn they don't give up. I know, I'LL TAKE AWAY THE SUN FOR THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!
>What's this, not even having the sun disappear is enough to make them give up when I'm mind raping their Pharaoh into not giving up? I know, there's only one reasonable thing to do. I'LL KILL EVERY FIRST BORN CHILD IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

When you surpass the evil your fighting with evil magnitudes worse, you don't get to complain and say "woe is me."
>>
>>93431327

The egyptians' slavery system was not an exploitative one, but rather systematic
>>
>>93435226
Because she was filled with compassion for the orphan. God always blesses those who care for the needy.
>>
>>93428669
Come on goy, only the Jews are really human in God's eyes, you should know that by now.
>>
>>93435280
Medusa wanted it.
depending on the myth. That sorta goes into the whole taking a woman you didn't have a right to bit. She was a Priestess of the Virgin Goddess. Poseidon had no right, and it may've not have been because Medusa didn't want it.
>>93435265
Again depends.
Also going back to the deception bit, some would just be he fucked them as their husbands or some random guy or animal. But in the case of Metis he entered a competition of shapeshifting and wore her down....or it was just a basic rape but with shapeshifting.
>>
>>93431071
Well, they had to show the Egyptians and their Gods as the bad guys, and they had to do it in such a way that the audience would still buy that the Jews and their God were the good guys.

Given the horrors about to be unleashed by the Jewish God, well...they had to sell it strong and fast, because otherwise no one was going to buy it in about 30 minutes.
>>
>>93435451
Funny because the first man and woman weren't Jews. Judaism began with Abraham. Get rek'd, /pol/
>>
>>93433145
>Not Bible accurate

That's debatable, it could easily play out like the few good parts of Man of Steel

>Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?
>You are my son
>>
>>93432829
>the majority
You have any valid stats to back that up?

African Americans overall are as connected to the cultures of Africa as a white girl who tries to say being 1/16th native american qualifies her as the reincarnation of Pocahontas. Some random expat from Nigeria who came to the U.S. probably isn't going to find a lot in common with someone who grew up in the middle of East St Louis.
>>
>>93435395
Let us not forget that after each and every plague Pharaoh wanted to let them go. God said no just so he could be an evil dick some more.
>>
File: 1487822452221.jpg (56KB, 628x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487822452221.jpg
56KB, 628x310px
>>93435064
>killed couples just for the lady getting knocked up
>decreed no grain should be planted or milk produced
>slaughtered cows
>all because his mom died
>>
>>93435558
To be fair that's not in the movie.
All we see is Ramses being a dick of his own stubborness and constantly referencing his daddy issues as the blame.
>>
>>93435395
>When you surpass the evil your fighting with evil magnitudes worse, you don't get to complain and say "woe is me."
Each of the plagues was aimed at a domain of one of the Egyptian gods. God had it planned out to show his dominance over the Egyptian pantheon as a whole including Kek
>>
>>93435558
>and all the innocents who suffer because of your stubborness and pride
is why the plagues happened

God doesn't force free will - such as hardening or softening hearts - but takes everything into account, hence Him telling Moses that He would harden Pharaoh's heart.

But I bet if God did force free will, you would STILL be bitching, because you're a a self-righteous faggot who thinks he's better than everyone else and wants the world to revolve around him. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>93434792
>as the mercenaries that he had turned into slaves.

As the mercenaries who sold themselves into slavery, you mean.
>>
>>93432585
Even a large portion of northern Africa has lost touch with their ancient history. Partly just because of the distance of time, and partly because of the expansion of Islamic caliphates centuries ago
>>
>>93435667
...Isn't it universally accepted that Old Testament God was more akin to those of older pantheons, basically being a colossal dick?
>>
>>93435395
And then the last step is once he is finally allowed to let them go, all the Egyptians are forced to give the Israelites gold. Which I'd imagine would've been what the Golden Calf was made out of, so nice divine foresight there.
>>
>>93435506
>First man and woman aren't Jews.

Yes, and look how that turned out for them.

Once Abraham showed up and made his deal with God, you can tell things changed. All the other people were worshiping different gods, and only the Jews worshiped him. So as far as it goes, they're barely even people in relation to the Chosen People.

Or did you think Jews, Christians, and Muslims just came up with the idea they were the "chosen race, meant to rule over all others" on their own?
>>
>>93435558
Exactly.
>>
>>93435656
Oh, is that what the frog one was about?
>>
>>93435656
And is that supposed to make it better?

That's like saying if I have beef with your dad, and I come into your house and kick your dad's ass...but then I have to prove how great I am by beating up your mom, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and dog...and I'm in the right because I was proving I was better than everyone in your dad's "house."
>>
>>93435667
>God doesn't force free will - such as hardening or softening hearts - but takes everything into account, hence Him telling Moses that He would harden Pharaoh's heart.

>"I will Harden Pharaoh's Heart!"
>God doesn't do shit like harden people's hearts.

At any point when you were writing that out, did it occur to you that you were disproving yourself?

It's literally in the Bible that God mind-whammies Pharaoh so he can keep torturing and butchering the Egyptians.

And I'm sorry, but if having an issue with MIND-RAPE for the sake of TORTURING THE INNOCENT makes me a self-righteous faggot, then I suppose I can live with my faggotry.

As for you, apparently you're perfectly okay with people mentally controlling others so they can then torture people for shits and giggles. Which, frankly, makes you worse than a faggot. So congratulations anon.
>>
>>93436052
Are you an ESL by any chance?
>>
>>93436299
Sounds like you're dodging the question.
>>
>>93436299
>oh shit, I don't have an answer. uh, uh....You're ESL aren't you!
>hurr durr, that showed him.

answer the question fag.
>>
>>93436381
>>93436513
I'm not that anon, I'm just asking. The other anon can explain why their point flew over your head
>>
File: das brew.jpg (336KB, 1308x1636px) Image search: [Google]
das brew.jpg
336KB, 1308x1636px
>>93432065
>Wasn't that always a meme for laughs?
So were many other things, pal.
>>
>>93435932
>And is that supposed to make it better?
Yeah kinda, if your goal happens to be discouraging future retribution or revenge. Which happened a lot in the ancient world.

That's how the mongols did it on occasion way back when, iirc. I think even some ancient Greeks did things that way too when raiding. If you just kill all the males then who's left to come after you later on in revenge?
>>
>>93437307
Except this is something people claim is literally the definition of good. Few people say that about the Mongols.
>>
>>93437375
He didn't kill every child and male though, just the first born males. Back then the notion of "I could have killed all your sons but I didn't" might as well have been good by comparison.

A lot of the history of God is reflective of how the Jews (and later on the Christians) refined their theology (like what God and divinity is) including what "good" looks like when it comes to negotiating more humanely and having to deal with potential enemies without having to instigate events of mass suffering like the plagues even if they're the 'bad guys'. Taking that history literally and inflexibly in order to wave away an entire religion is being just as bad as a stereotypical bible thumper.
>>
>>93437375
The Egyptian gods were real(they were actually fallen angels) and God was within his rights to smash the con game they had going in Egypt, and in most other pagan countries in different guises. He also commanded the Hebrews to commit genocide against the Caananites, because those people had given themselves over so completely to Satanic forces that their destruction removed a great evil from the world.
>>
>>93437557
No, actually, it's totally justified. If the religion says "this is the definition of good" and that's "forcing someone to watch as you torture and kill everyone, while telling them that they can stop you from doing it, but not actually letting them stop it, just because you want to prove that you don't value human life in the slightest unless it bends over backwards for you", and your response is "well, god acts in response to human civilization's standards", it doesn't bode well for the religion.

We're talking about people who think any part of that is literal truth, not people who say it's an allegory.

>>93437620
>The Egyptian gods were real
>were
>when kek still controls this world
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>93437787
>, it doesn't bode well for the religion.
Exactly why do you figure when there's thousands of more pages after Exodus where anyone can clearly see that God starts to trend towards becoming less brutal and eager to punish? Name me one major religion that didn't go through a long period of development. Thinking that anything as old as the first two Abrahamic religions have to be hippie-perfect from their roots is being a retarded perfectionist or utopian.
>>
>>93435395
I always felt bad for the Egyptians in Moses story, I also fucking hate god to no end.
>>
>>93434309
>Mexican whites
>Russian whites
>>
>>93437942
>Bunch of baby murderers reaping what they sow
Nah they were cunts.
>>
>>93437888
The development is the problem. Or do you not believe in a perfect, all-powerful, all-knowing god?

>>93438009
Yeah, the right people to punish for that were the babies. They need a death sentence for other people killing babies.
>>
File: 2dvsvok.png (26KB, 889x737px) Image search: [Google]
2dvsvok.png
26KB, 889x737px
>>93437942
>>
>>93436052
I don't know the actual verse and immediate surrounding context but isn't there a pretty big difference in interpretation between
>I will literally reach down with my god powers and harden the Pharaoh's heart against his will with the wave of my divine hand
and
>"I" (the mention of my name, presence, and powers spoken in front of the Pharaoh) will harden the Pharaoh's heart because as the divine ruler of egypt, the kingdom of the egyptian gods, his circumstances would rationally dictate that he can't let his people's resources (slaves) be taken away because of some uppity Hebrew
Ever read Tolstoy? The higher up the hierarchy someone is, the more restricted they are in every decision they make due to their responsibilities and the impact of their decisions
>>
>>93438104
There is a huge difference, yes. The former is what is actually written, the latter is desperate apologetics trying to bolt a later interpretation of morality onto a much older one.
>>
>>93438069
>Or do you not believe in a perfect, all-powerful, all-knowing god?
Did you assume I was a literalist Christian? I thought I was pretty clear I wasn't. I'm also not the anon you were talking to a handful of posts before, but I thought that also would've been obvious. I'm not part of any church, but I have studied some major religions, including Christianity and Judaism.

And why exactly is the development the problem? If nothing started at all even if it came out rought and got refined along the way, you probably wouldn't be sitting pretty at all in your computer chair.
>>
>>93438069
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"
>>
>>93438163
But I see you giving no reasons for why the apologist interpretation is dead wrong. Like original sources and translations that would disprove it
>>
>>93438179
If you'd have studied them, you'd understand the huge issue of morals coming from men and God being a slave to them.

>>93438104
>>93438237
http://biblehub.com/exodus/4-21.htm
It's pretty hard to dance around that. Every translation is God saying he'll do it personally. If it was "his heart will be hardened by my presence" you could say it was Pharaoh not wanting to lose face, but it's not.
And it keeps happening.
http://biblehub.com/exodus/10-1.htm
http://biblehub.com/exodus/10-20.htm
>>
>seeing this as a kid
>thinking "So like, all the slaves are Hebrews? Every single one?"
>somehow that seemed questionable
>>
>>93438334
When people call Jews cheap, they really mean that they come in bundles at a discount.
>>
>>93438069
>>93438069
Obviously he doesn't or he wouldn't be reading it historically.
Though really the all powerful all knowing god isn't really contradicted by this, especially if this mythology includes a rewarding and punishing afterlife.
>>93438237
It's a bit of a stretch.
I mean you could argue that God meant it in an indirect sense. But in the end it doesn't really matter. God still wants to use it to spread his glory. Depending on the translation and interpretation.
>>
>>93438237
All you need to do is Google "hardened heart Pharaoh" and read the verses for yourself. It is mentioned directly by God that he hardens Pharaoh's heart specifically so he can send more plagues and people will fear him. Romans 9:17-24 confirms this interpretation, with the justification that humans are simply not allowed to question how they are used by God and for what purpose. You admit that you aren't familiar with the verses and context, so why not just read them?
>>
>>93438332
>If you'd have studied them, you'd understand the huge issue of morals coming from men and God being a slave to them.
But it's not like people have anyone else besides other people when it comes to hashing out ethics, religion, and morals. Also, people don't necessarily consciously control their fundamental beliefs and ideas, it's more often that it looks like the other way around where ideas have people.
>>
>>93438489
>You admit that you aren't familiar with the verses and context, so why not just read them?
Because I wouldn't know which translation is the most legitimate

>>93438332
Oh, I see the issue now, thanks for the links anon.
>>
>>93435571
Sounds like a fucking Videogame villain.
>It hurts to live, so everything must die!
>>
>>93432665
Blacks really are the most superficial and racist people on earth.
>>
>>93438489
>You admit that you aren't familiar with the verses and context, so why not just read them?

Because he's a fucking retard christfag that should be shot in the face.
>>
>>93438538
>It hurts to live, so everything must die!
It's a legit motivation to inflict even more suffering and it happens. Even if jrpg villains make it look cheesy and cringey as hell.
>>
>>93438542
>Saying that shit when Asians, Latinos, and White people exist
>>
>>93438567
Excuse me, you are being very rude. I'm not a Christian
>>
>>93438567
That's a touch extreme. Wouldn't it be better to ruin his food, kill his pets, taint his water, throw weird stuff at him, and kill his kids?
>>
>>93431327
Also black or Arab, their shit still get's kicked in by the Romans. So either way, not really much of a civilization aside from "WOW MUMMIES" and Indiana Jones knock offs.
>>
>>93438489
Yeah all you have to do is google a translation of an ancient text that possibly doesn't even have a literal translation.
>>93438617
Just the first borns.
But really it's karmic retribution. And most the time he's just being stubborn about it.
>>
>>93438567
tips fedora
>>
>>93434787
They don't care unless we care.
You could give them all of America except for Vermont. And they will want nothing but Vermont.
>>
File: the fuck nigga.jpg (128KB, 1456x808px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck nigga.jpg
128KB, 1456x808px
Sure is /co/mblr in here, it's almost like a book written during the Bronze Age have different views and values of religion than the majority of Christians now. But I guess that little bit of info is not enough to stop atheists from stroking their ego.
>>
>>93435395
A careful examination of the old and new testament leaves you with the impression that god hates itself, and existance itself by proxy.
>>
>>93438853
Read the thread.
>>
>>93438853
>God is the eternal, unchanging bedrock of humanity and morality, which is why we're allowed to insert our particular religion as legislation
>wow dumb atheists don't you understand what a metaphor is?
If people could just admit that Bronze Age morality was different and that is reflected in the text, you wouldn't get apologetics like >>93438104 in the first place, trying to fit the story into modern moral sensibilities.
>>
>>93438659
Didn't the roman empire essentially corrupt and destabilize itself from the inside and then the germanic tribes came knocking at the door to pick the carcass? By that kind of reasoning the roman empire wasn't really much of a civilization. I understand not liking what the islamic caliphates did way back when but they still expanded far enough to have an impact
>>
>>93438958
But people are doing just that.
>>
>>93438958
Well, you know, it's literal except where inconvenient.

>>93438962
No real civilization has ever existed, obviously.
>>
>>93438958
I just think it's a really good story made into an incredible movie, if we criticized all stories made from 1000s of years ago, they would all seem stupid.

I mean, I'm no longer a Lutheran now an Agnostic, but I still read the stories from the Bible from time to time.
>>
>>93438962
the germans were already inside the empire as refugees and mercenaries, and only turned on the romans when times got hard and the empire couldn't afford to keep them fed. same story with the turks who overthrew the abbasid caliphate and ended the islamic golden age. the seljuks had been working for the caliphs for a long time before shit went sideways
>>
File: 1461312423173.gif (976KB, 490x353px) Image search: [Google]
1461312423173.gif
976KB, 490x353px
>>93438958
I'm not even a christian though. I admitted I never actually read exodus, I was trying to play devil's advocate since no one else seemed to point out the interpretation thing specifically and I was curious
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRxByY61WU

Exodus makes for great animation fodder. has there ever been a comic or an anime about it?
>>
>>93439155
It could be a good story if either it was self-aware, or if it did more to make the punishment make sense. It's "really good" for some illiterate desert dwellers 3000 years ago, but by modern standards it's pretty lousy.
>>
>>93439209
This is the only anime one I know of, because I used to be a huge fan of studio 4c. I'm not even sure if they're still around anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UDrf-KKrY
>>
>>93439311
>This is the only anime one I know of,
*anime Christian thing I know of
>>
File: 83c.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
83c.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>93439302
>It needs to be modernized

I hope you are kidding m8
>>
>>93439209
There's a lot of side nipple in this video.
>>
>>93439395
Wow, it's almost like different cultures work differently with physical dress and appearance.
>>
>>93433145
>>93434335
>>93434473

I find this very interesting as someone who unfortunately browses /v/ and sees the Kangz meme all the time.

Also Hotep? Quite an interesting inner name for such a group.
>>
>>93439437
Any culture featuring prominent sideboob is a-okay with me.
>>
>>93439378
>putting words in my mouth
It doesn't need to be modernized, it can stand as-is, it's just not "a really good story". If some guy came up to you with it as bible fan fiction, you'd laugh at how poorly written it is. Gilgamesh has a better arc, and that's thousands of years older.
>>
>>93439378
It already was modernized into Prince of Egypt, which modifies the story into something that makes sense to modern sensibilities. The entire "hardened heart thing is turned into Rameses ego clouding his judgement, and that ego being a direct result of his upbringing, rather than having God do it to show off.
>>
>>93439203
Because it's a stretch. It's also much easier to play Devil's Advocate from a place of knowledge.
>>93439302
>He isn't interested in different cultures sometimes alien conventions in writing
Nah fuck modern sensibilities. I like mythology nice and weird.
Also if you believe this as a physical representation as an underlying god battle it's cool.
Also also, the punishment makes sense. It's both karmic retribution against Egypt for all their past crimes in a system that believes in the Sins of the Father.
>>
If an R or NC-17 movie about Solomon's sexual exploits was made, how triggered would religious conservatives be?
>>
>>93439839
David is more interesting tbqh
>>
>>93439902

>David x Micah doujins
>>
>>93439839
A Solomon anything would be so perfect. Starting out as such a self-confident little shit, engaging in crazy hedonistic adventures across the globe with his wives/concubines and his demon/genie sidekicks, seeing his kingdom crumble before his eyes due to his own hubris and writing Ecclesiastes in his old age as a bitter, broken shell of a man full of regret.
>>
>>93434473
do you remind your kids that the Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews (that weren't black)? and thus your history also has had slavery in it?

Also do you remind your children that all the times you talk about how Europeans invaded the Native American's land, that it's the same concept as the refugee crisis that's currently happening? As such, why isn't there a similar opinion given towards the refugees? People fleeing their home country, to go to another country that isn't theirs?
>>
>>93427641
>DIdnt he say he hoped to use Moses to unite the two somehow?
I'm sure that's what he was thinking about when he told his men to kill all their fucking babies.
>>
>>9342597

The guy really has a distinctive look as Somalis.
>>
>>93439209
Osamu Tezuka worked on this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qsP1B90wXg
>>
>>93440103
>that it's the same concept as the refugee crisis that's currently happening?
It's funny to say that a few times, but obviously it's no the same. The Europeans has a technological advantage when they came to the Americas (guns, armor, etc.). Don't pretend Muslims from some 3rd world shithole are going to get all the whites marching down their own Trail of Tears, because that would be absurd naive of you. I don't even get how racial pride and nationalism also go hand in hand with being such whimpering pussies. "Oh a few brown people come over, and our nation will fall!" Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>93437977
>nationality = ethnicity
American education.
>>
>>93440407
It's a meme u dip
>>
>>93440382
>wow dude cmon letting in a million 20 year old men won't cause your nation to fall gawd

Thanks for proving niggers aren't retarded
>>
>>93438580
I don't see asians or latinos changing the races of historical figures for their ego, and literally the only people whites do this to is Jesus.
>>
File: virgin-peking-117.jpg (115KB, 438x528px) Image search: [Google]
virgin-peking-117.jpg
115KB, 438x528px
>>93440570
Everybody wants Jesus.
>>
>>93440382
Nah it's pretty easy to get even if you don't agree.
A large amount of immigrants coming into your relatively small low breeding nations and exploding in population and changing your entire culture is a pretty easy fear to get.
Especially if you buy into the whole "They'll refuse to assimilate" bit.
Especially if you buy into the idea a large chunk are violent extremists.
Again not that any of that is true, well I mean the first ones definitely true but the second two are leaps.
>>93440570
Nah there are tons of whitewashed historical figures and I'm sure tons of Yellow people do it.
Latinos are a weird duck since they're not really a race but you get into some really weird superficialities based on arbitrary admixtures.
>>
>>93440382
>he Europeans has a technological advantage when they came to the Americas (guns, armor, etc.)
Don't forget the smallpox advantage
>>
>>93441028
And the fact the injuns all fucking hated each other.
>>
>>93440382
>I don't even get how racial pride and nationalism go hand in hand hand in hand with being such whimpering pussies

>" oh no, a black man got shot by a white police officer for being an idiot and not following the police' directions" = rioting in the streets and massive news coverage

>"oh no, a white guy got shot by a black police officer for being an idiot and not following the police' direction" = no rioting in the streets and no news coverage.
>>
>>93441151
Well yeah, Europeans took advantage of that for alliances, but it's even harder to resist any oncoming force after suffering huge losses and destabilization due to epidemics. Accounts recorded by missionaries that contain the perspective of a surviving native make it sound like the apocalypse
>>
>>93440642
How come no other religious figures are appropriated by different races?

(Except for white Buddha in Moral Orel)
>>
>>93441489
>Except Buddha in Moral Orel
Or Buddha in most East Asia.
The True Buddha was an Indian but is occasionally portrayed as Oriental.

Also ignoring the tons of religions who start injecting their old religions and folklore into their new religion.

Also I've seen a few people try to claim Mohammad as black or white. However it being Haram to depict him physically puts a kibosh in that becoming widespread.
Because who wants to READ? We need pictures.
>>
>>93441960
To be fair visuals are a lot more intuitive than reading. People were drawing on cave walls and orally reciting stories for a much longer time than writing and reading
>>
>>93437620
>Muh Fullun Angles!

I'll give you the Gods of Egypt were real. But I could give you a better argument that YHVH is actually Surtr and have a better chance of it being right than all the other Pantheons (who were much better to Humanity) being fallen angels.

But even if they were...they were still better, kinder, and more decent Deities than He ever was. The fact that he dictated Genocide for the non-believers simply because they were non-believers is proof enough of that.
>>
>>93437888
>there's thousand of more pages after the Exodus that shows god starts to become less brutal

Well, let's see, there's the Exodus...where he tortues and entire country. So we'll start with that as a base line

His next act was to slaughter the entire generation of people he just saved because they complained about getting stuck in a desert on a trip that maybe should have taken a month. Then he BTFOs his own chosen one and refuses to keep his word about letting him in the promised land.

Then he dictates the EXTERMINATUS of at least 8 different nations, down to the very livestock in some cases. I mean, sure, he was nice enough to let them take a few of the women as sex slaves, but kill the kids first man.

Upon his people's continual failure to genocide all their neighbors, proceeds to constantly get them invaded and enslaved, producing ever more fanatical prophets to spur his people in to rising up in genocidal rebellion, only for them to fail and have to repeat the process over and over and over again. Until finally causing the extermination of 10 out of 13 tribes of his own people.

It's not that God got nicer, it's just his people being completely crap at following orders and him eventually killing most of them. At which point he kinda had to lay off because they'd caused so much crap Rome kicked them out of their country and destroyed everything.
>>
>>93437942
honestly, they had to recut Prince of Egypt because of that very issue.

It was too easy to take the Egyptians side.
>>
>>93438104
yes, that's true...and that explains the first three or so times when Pharaoh refused to give in.

However, right about the time everyone's skin was bursting, the animals were all dead, Pharaoh completely admitted defeat and was going to surrender to terms. At which point the texts state God said "I'm not through, I'm gonna make it keep going by hardening pharaoh's heart"
>>
>>93438617
you forgot about the part where he'll admit he's wrong before you kill his kids, but you harden his heart so that you get to kill his kids.
>>
>>93428669
He forced them to release their slaves...
>>
>>93438875
that would actually explain a lot.

I always figured it was the Divine Paradox myself. That's why you see Pagan gods only ruling over a few things, because very thing has a counter. If you try to be the God of All Things, then you're going to tear yourself up by trying to be a thing and its exact opposite at the same time, which is impossible.
>>
File: 1498271668792.jpg (41KB, 403x448px) Image search: [Google]
1498271668792.jpg
41KB, 403x448px
>>93428669
>>
>>93435558
>>93436052
It was explicitly stated in the bible that Pharoah hardened his own heart for the first 4 plagues. God only helped it after the first 4.
Please read the bible before being an edgy atheist.
>>
>>93442554
>God doesn't interfere with free will
>except when he does
>stupid atheists
>>
>>93439155
honestly, it would be a great story...if it wasn't for the blatant "bias."

If you just presented both sides and let people judge, it could be compelling because there's good characters from both sides. The problem is that everyone always tries to justify the actions of the one side against the other because "slavery is evil" when...the "Right" side turns right around and engages in slavery and genocide.

It comes across more and more of "the Jews" are right because they're Jews, even though their God did worse stuff, and they themselves went on to murder, genocide, and enslave. Which really screws up the justifications for what happened to the Egyptians.

It would be like telling the story of the Battle of Gondor, only you make the humans the bad guys because they kill all the orcs...even though the orcs had been the process of trying to genocide all the humans, the elves, and the dwarves.
>>
>>93431434
>best song
>not When You Believe
Nigga, you ain't got no soul.
>>
>>93439203
>I was trying to play devil's advocate.

problem is you were playing God's advocate against a bunch of devil's advocates. Not your fault you were doomed.
>>
>>93442261
It's pretty heavily implied in almost all those cases that it was his own people's fault for that bad shit that happened to them. They were complaining and rebelling against him non-stop.
>>
Honestly I feel like Christianity is so untapped in terms of comics and cartoons. Disregarding your feelings on the content there are really some good tales to be told
>>
From what I understood they knew they had to kill a lot of Jew babies, and they thought it was shitty but necessary. A jew baby arrives in the reeds, all miracle-like. They adopt this one jew baby to help absolve themselves of the guilt of the thousands they just ordered slaughtered. By ancient-world royalty logic it makes perfect sense.

When you get into Chuck Heston Prince of Egypt is where shit gets weird and political.
>>
>>93440208
I'm pretty sure you're thinking Loki and Odin from the movies.
>>
>>93442583
Read my post again, retard. I stated God didn't touch Pharaoh during the first 4 plagues or so, which is true.
>>
>>93442676
Is there something special about the number 4 that makes it not free will afterwards?
>>
>>93442652
Not sure quite hot christian it counts as, I know its mostly not from the bible or anything, but this one was amazing.
>>
>>93442554
>I said Pharoah did at start, God did it later
>"Here are exact number proving you right, BTFO athiest!"

Fun fact, actually a Pagan, which is part of why I'm less forgiving. I actually believe he was there and did this shit, unlike Atheists who "lolz no gud"
>>
>>93442699
Are you asking why it was the 4th plague in particular that was chosen? I'm not sure. I'm sure there are texts about it. There must have been some reason that God chose the 5th plague and onwards to be the one where he would directly intervene with Pharaoh's free will. His reason for doing so is unknown to me, and probably known to more learned people than myself.
>>
>>93442645
>complain about the 613 laws they have to follow every damn day or its Hell.
>complain about having to genocide all their neighbors
>try and worship Gods who aren't complete psychopaths who constantly butchered their ancestors and them for failing to live up to standards

They brought it on themselves like the wife who burns her husband's dinner does.
>>
>>93442676
>the fact that god only hardened his heart the last 6 times is proof that god didn't harden pharaoh's heart.

wew lad
>>
>>93442738
So you objected to people pointing out that God interferes with free will, by pointing out the exact moment when God interfered with free will?
>>
>>93442768
>complain about the 613 laws they have to follow every damn day or its Hell
>looking at it in black and white
Do you want an ass whippin for fucking up the dance or do it properly and be rewarded with a sundae? You can always repent though I don't think that'll help when you go over the line.
>>
File: The Look Book.jpg (149KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
The Look Book.jpg
149KB, 612x612px
>>93428669
You mean the God that ordered Jews to treat foreigners as your neighbors and be friendly while in foreign? THAT God?
>>
>>93442786
>>93442736
>>93442795
Even if you want to stick to the last 6 plagues, it's commonly theorised that God didn't even control Pharaoh, just helped him along in making the decisions he already wanted to make. The common analogy is someone pointing a gun to your head asking you to make a rational decision. The threatened person obviously wouldn't make the decision he himself wanted to make, unless his heart was hardened.

>>93442817
This.

>>93442768
They didn't have anywhere close to 613 rules at that point in time.
Can't remember what the deal was with slaughtering other nations but the worshipping other deities bit, God was justified.
>>
>>93442846
>Even if you want to stick to the last 6 plagues, it's commonly theorised that God didn't even control Pharaoh, just helped him along in making the decisions he already wanted to make.
We already had this discussion earlier in the thread. The apologetics are clearly contradicted by the actual text, and that interpretation is even reinforced in the New Testament.
>>
>>93442887
That's, like, your interpretation, man.

I don't know why you people have this insane notion of
>well Pharaoh committed great sins many times before this but OH NO THE LAST 6 PLAGUES TAKE BACK EVERYTHING HE DID
>>
>>93442493
Some apocrypha narrates that he created Satan because Luzbel refused to hate him even after being cast down to earth to forever live among the beigns he considered unworthy of God's love.

It's like the scribes realized this very fact this very fact and kept abridging the scriptures to try and salvage a narrative wherein God himself wasn't the logical excuse for both good and bad deed. Come then Satan, and later Jesus, the archangels and saints to build a pantheon that would accomodate a larger population's needs and stand against debate.

I just had to keep getting rewritten for close to two thousand years.
>>
>>93442645
Should have chosen better people.
>>
>>93442926
>That's, like, your interpretation, man.
And Paul's. It would probably help you to actually read the scriptures in question.
>>
>>93442846
>They didn't have anywhere close to 613 rules at that point in time.

yes they did. As soon as they left Egypt and marched to Sinai, where they go the 10 Commandments and the 613 Laws.

>Can't remember what the deal was with slaughtering other nations but the worshipping other deities bit, God was justified.

the deal with the Genocide was back when God got with Abraham, he said "all this land will be yours." And after the Exodus, he took them to that area and said "All this land is yours by contract, now kill every living thing in this land."

As for God being Justified for killing his own on account of worshiping other deities, sure. they broke the contract, they get to pay the price. The argument could be made they made that contract in ignorance, reasonably thinking their god wouldn't do to them what he'd just done to the Egyptians, but you're right. God was justified in slaughtering his own people.

That, however, does not make him justified in the slaughtering of peoples not his own.
>>
>>93442926
>Pharaoh committed GREAT SINS!

The one who decided pharaoh committed great sins was the guy who used that to justify going and slaughtering pharoah's people.

No one is saying anything takes back what pharaoh did. What people are saying is that Pharaoh was ready to surrender and God refused to accept it because he wanted to keep raping and pillaging.
>>
>>93443012
oy vey! such antisemitism! it's annatha shoah!!!!
>>
>>93443087
The 613 laws were only even established and counted once the great temple was up. During the desert run most of the laws were about which animals they could eat, how to set up a tabernacle, what to do in case of leprosy, etc.
Overall the Jews didn't have much to do on a day-to-day basis in the desert.
>That, however, does not make him justified in the slaughtering of peoples not his own
Will have to reread and get back to you on that one. But what's certain is he wasn't just "anyone who isn't Jewish is good for the taking."

>>93443126
>The one who decided pharaoh committed great sins was the guy who
Only after the 4th plague.
>used that to justify going and slaughtering pharoah's people
Didn't happen.

>>93443012
Nobody wanted him.
>>
>>93434850
They weren't all supposed to be "appealing" as you put it. They made their gods human on purpose, they made them assholes and they knew they were assholes. That was a way of explaining why the world sucks, you can always blame the asshole higher power and then pray to the nice higher power to stop the asshole.
>>
>>93443907
>Nice higher power
>Zeus was a massive dick and pretty much unstoppable and in the few cases where he was stoppable, he just pulled some shit to be more unstoppable than ever
>And praying to him might be useless if he just thought it might be too much of a hassle to deal with it all
>>
>>93444012
Which is why they prayed to the god of wine, who from what I remember was reasonably nice. So they wouldn't have to think about the shit Zeus pulls. Same for Egypt, they didn't pray to the evil gods, they prayed to the nice ones to protect them and when that failed they blamed the evil ones. Or they said that the nice god had a bad day. You're confusing ancient gods with current concepts, the ancient gods were just as flawed as humans and people worshipping them didn't have a problem admitting it.
>>
>>93431327
I thought it was common knowledge that "WE WUZ KANGZ" was some bullshit espoused by Hoteps, who are not only just a vocal minority but are often ridiculed or ignored by most black people these days
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (112KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
112KB, 1024x988px
>>93432829
>The majority
>>
>>93444061
Really the kangz thing isn't as much of a stretch compared to that canadian girl who thinks people are inherently defective if they don't have enough skin melanin
>>
>>93444057
>God of Wine
Nope Dionysus was also the god of ritual madness.
Meaning his parties became orgies became massacres.
Most Gods were kind of assholes the only consistently nice major god I'm aware of was Hestia. So I guess Greeks really liked a cozy house.
Most you could really hope for in Greek myth is ending up on the side that didn't get totally fucked in the end. But how those cycles work, you'll eventually be fucked because you were unlucky enough to be a citizen of a city ruled by a guy who was cucked by some monster that Ares shit out.
>>93444104
She's not wrong, Albinos are a mess.
>>
>>93442652
Not untapped at all. The problem is most animation and comics with a Christian theme are produced and made by institutions with near 0 critical thinking that only show and even exaggerate the positive aspects of religion, and completely hide away the "kill all heathens and take their daughters as rape slaves" thing.
>>
>>93444104
Yusra Khogali? She's absolutely unhinged, she even called Justin Trudeau a "white supremacist terrorist," and that's not even the craziest thing she's said
>>
>>93444402
At this point it might as well be some kind of performance art
>>
>>93438756
Human nature baby.
>>
>>93438538
There are real killers who more or less have this motivation.
>>
>>93434787
Fuck, you even have the Ethiopians/Abyssinians. Those have the bonus of having a strong independant POC woman fighting the oppressive patriarchy in the legendary Queen Judit.
There are so many great African civilizations with interesting tales, but they're all overlooked because apparently Mediterranean Africa and Subsaharan Africa are one and the same to them.
>>
>>93425979
the only jew to keep his foreskin
>>
>>93435223
Egyptian mythology is either severely underrated or severely misrepresented. Everyone always goes for the later myth of Set being absolutely fucking evil and willing to engulf Egypt in chaos, when one of his occupations was to help Ra fight off Apep every night.
The tainted salad episode is hilarious though.
>>
>>93444057
>The god of madness
>Nice

The only Olympians who didn't actively dick over people for the lulz and their own gain were Athena, Hephaestus and Hades. Athena would actively help mortals out but she was a stickler for rules and would punish you if you didn't follow her guidance. Hephaestus was too busy getting eternally cucked by Aphrodite to ever have time to get involved in mortal affairs. Finally, despite modern day interpretations of him being "Ancient Greek Satan," Hades was actually a pretty chill dude that just stayed in his domain and was willing to help out immortals and demigods that somehow made it there alive.
>>
>>93431327
>You know how blacks are like WE WUZ KANGZ and they refer to this period in time?
Literally nobody does that in real life. Stop confusing memes for reality, boy.
>>
>>93438659
Speaking of Arabs, funny how basically nobody talks about the fact that the Arabs were the biggest fans of slavery in human history and still basically have slavery in many of their nations TODAY. Arabs enslaved countless times more people, from Africa and Europe, than Europeans every fucking did. The reason why Middle-East is not full of black people is because the Arabs castrated them all.
This should come as no fucking surprise to anyone, given that most Arabs are Muslim, and Muslims view Mohammed, who was a slave owning warlord and a child rapist, as literally the perfect fucking man whom they all seek to emulate.
Another fun fact, it was EUROPEANS who put a stop to the organized Arab slave trade that went on even as recently as 50 fucking years ago and actively fought against all forms of slavery since hundreds of years ago. Brits hated the concept of slavery and actively sought to end it.
But no, da white people is ebil.

tl;dr
Arabs are slave owning scum.
>>
>>93434787
>t. Like pic related. A one point the Mali Empire was so wealthy that when one of their sultans went on his pilgrimage to Mecca he caused gold to devalue just by spending so much on every stop he took.
Fun fact. This guy was so fucking rich because he SOLD HIS OWN PEOPLE TO SLAVERY.
That was his fucking source of income.
SLAVERY.
Africans have been enslaving themselves since fucking forever.
>>
>>93439302
Nigga you should watch Jordan Peterson's lectures on the bible. Your view on those stories is fucking shallow as fuck.
There is a reason why they were passed down across countless generations before even being written down.
Those stories contain fundamental revelations about humanity that cannot be just dismissed as stories of illiterate desert dwellers.
t. an atheist.
>>
>>93425979
Religion is more like capeshit than people think.
Also, God's a fucking edgelord.
>>
>>93450895
> The reason why Middle-East is not full of black people is because the Arabs castrated them all.

Well, they do exist...maternally. There's a reason why many people in the Middle East wind up being 20-25% West African, East African, or Bantu. The "pure" ones are heavily mixed and if they aren't, are still practically slaves. There's a West African country where the entire black population is called slaves under the Arab elite.
>>
>>93450958
Wow, a rich king selling his own people into slavery? How shocking, that's never been done before, especially not ALL OVER THE PLANET YOU MORON. Stop trying to lessen slavery because "Africans started it". I would prefer all slavery, whether Pygmies getting enslaved by Bantus, Russians and their human trafficking, Arabs and their abuse of Ethiopians and Somalis, etc. Slavery is bad, no matter who is enslaving.
>>
>>93451785
I feel pretty bad for the pygmies. They just want to live in the jungle
>>
>>93451785
Nobody was trying to lessen slavery. The point was that slavery was not something that Europeans invented and imposed upon others. Slavery was a fact of life of humanity for majority of the existence of our species.
What Europeans did, was PUT A STOP TO IT almost globally.
It is the height of injustice for the descendants of the people who put an end to slavery, to be blamed for enslaving the world like it is done in this day and age.
>>
File: 1333344775068.png (334KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1333344775068.png
334KB, 500x412px
>YFY you realize the story of the exodus is just a hebrew ripoff of the odyssey based around the pre-isreal semite people who fought the various middle east civilizations and helped precipitate the bronze age collapse until they were defeated by egypt and kicked back to their neareast homelands

Jews, nation wreckers since ancient times
>>
>>93431071
>>93434299
>>93434513
in the OT wasn't it a point that the egyptian god's were real but that YHWY was more powerful than all gods of every other pantheon?
>>
>>93451916
It is quite eye opening when you realize that the revulsion of the jews goes back thousands of years into history.
No other distinct group of people has same sort of reputation.
>>
>>93451821
Oh, alright. It's a good thing it's only Americans who believe that shit.

t. American

>>93451808
Poor bastards. They lost their language and their original way of life, now they're about to lose their entire race.
>>
>>93452931
Plenty of people here in Europe believe that as well m8, largely thanks to the cancerous influence of your culture and academia.
t. a Finn to whom some retarded Finnish SJW cunt claimed that we Finns were also responsible for enslavement of Africans because "Finnish tar was used in slave ships."
>>
THUS SAITH THE LORD
>>
File: 12423123421.jpg (40KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
12423123421.jpg
40KB, 480x465px
>>93434513
>Moses completely disinterest
>Working all the God's into the song
>The true snake devours the other at the end
>All of it from "It's your own grave you'll dig boy"

Why was Dreamworks so legendary at this time?
>>
>>93442768
Jews don't believe in Hell, or at least not the Hell of eternal fire and torture that Christians came up with.
>>
>>93447576
Are Ethiopians actually black, or just very dark caucasians (like South Asian Indians)?
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.