[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody can be sure it will ever happen of course, but I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Nobody can be sure it will ever happen of course, but I personally think it is only a matter of time before the two major comics companies merge.

Whether you think it will or won't happen, how do think it would be done or how would you do it?
>>
>>93419261
It won't happen again now that Marvel is owned by Disney
>>
>>93419261

It's a shame that 90's DC had soo much failed experimental heroes and the only popular ones with the kids were in the justice league

Using Grayson as the equivalent of Spider is sad
>>
Disney merging with Time/Warner.
>>
>>93419452
>Time/Warner

AT&T will end up being the parent company, especially now that the White House has indicated it won't oppose the deal.
>>
>>93419438
Spiderman merged with Superboy during the Amalgam line, IIRC.
>>
It kinda makes you wonder how the amaglam universe would look today. Some amaglam heroes are half dead or half evil. Looking at you Dark Claw and Super-Soldier.
>>
If the world's completely combined without the silly Amalgam characters what would would they do with all of the weird made up cities in DC? It'd like double the population of the US
>>
I don't think they would merge the two universes.
They both have like 50 years worth of story to fit into de single continuity.
It would be a nightmare, it might restart the sale, but for ow long.

And the lost of value would be terrible from an IP stand point.
>>
>>93419306
Eventually all the companies are going to merge anyway.
>>
>>93419438
That's Spider-Boy who was Ben Reilly Spider-Man merged with Superboy.
>>
They keep their own universes and occasionally cross over. Some become permanent fixtures in the other universe, like Miles Morales.
>>
If some kind of merge/take over happened I would like for the lines to stay separate unless it's a deliberate and special crossover. A few of the 90s crossovers treated it as if the character had always existed in the same universe and just never crossed paths before. The Batman ones with Spider-Man, Punisher and Daredevil all just had the Marvel guys arriving in Gotham and running into Batman without universe hopping or anything.

DC's fictional cities make that kind of thing really easy.
>>
>>93423236

Yeah. I agree with this. I imagine they'd come up with some "gateway" plot device with it's own rules and stuff, but probably this.

What I think would be cool is if the old Amalgam characters sort of became the villains trying to pull the worlds together and destroy both.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.