[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Adventure Time's lore ever going to be explained? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_20170622-201035.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170622-201035.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Is Adventure Time's lore ever going to be explained? I know the series is ending next year but I feel like the creators put a lot of things in the show because they had a wider plan they could never implement.
>>
What's there to be explained really? The big one for me would be GOLB, but even then, it's not something that needs to elaborated on.
>>
>>93379752
We literally don't know anything about Golb
>>
Which one of you did this
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adventure_Time_(season_9)&oldid=786032104
>>
>>93379676
There were plans.
There were many plans.
So many writers on AT have been tug-of-warring for control of the show, they've all wanted to leave their own mark on the plot by adding in their own elements of "DEEPEST LORE" in hopes they'll get their chance to shine in endgame which, unfortunately, is going to drop so many of these plotlines
>>
>>93380094
This, Sugar did a good job, and got her own show, so now there's a bunch of talentless hack writers trying to do the same thing and ruining the show as a result. Any chance there was at having true lore beyond the apocalypse and the Lich is gone.
>>
>>93380094
>going to drop so many of these plotlines
Such as? I seriously don't know what plots you're talking about.
>>
>>93379752
>>93380010
I'm really just hoping we get confirmation on whether or not GOLB is Prismo's boss. That couldn't have just been a throwaway line in "Crossover".
>>
Not every aspect of the world should be explained, and every time the AT writers have tried it has been lackluster and disappointing. The mysterious magical origins of the World of OOO, than the psuedo-sciencitific magical bullshit that would be used to explain it.

There is a chunk missing from the planet and instead of having it be something cool like a magical space monster taking a chunk out of the planet, it was just a bomb. Instead of the Lich being a cool demon ghost guy, he was just made by a bomb. Marcelline? She wasn't raised by her dad and thus had enough trust in him to feel betrayed when he took her fries, she just wandered the world with Simon after the guess what, Bomb. And after the Bomb, human society just... ceased to exist, how did it progress that far in this world full and magic and advanced technology... disease, humanity was BTFO by a problem we basically solved 100 years ago, and a bomb.

>>93380108
If you think anything Sugar wrote wasn't shit you're retarded and probably like SU.
>>
>>93381047
>Just a bomb
We don't know that
>>
>>93381047
>All the lore in fallout universe was because of a bomb
>>
>>93381789
Several bombs. and the war in fallout was more important to the lore than the bombs themselves, the secrets of vault-tec and shit like that, otherwise the story of the game focuses on stuff that happened outside of the bomb, like building a water purifier and also destroying a water purifier, because the dad in Fallout 3 was Alex Jones' descendant.

Not to mention Fallout is something you play, some people enjoy the lore a lot and that's fine, but the rpg and other gameplay aspects of the fallout series also help promote the game.

A show is almost purely about its storytelling.
>>
>>93382292
a show like adventure time is mostly about entertaining middle schoolers, seems weird to expect DEEPEST LORE and incredible indepth writing for that.
>>
>>93381047
The Lich wasn't made by the bomb, he was released by it. The Lich was a catalyst comet, from back in dino times but got froze when Gunter flipped his shit.
>>
File: Lavos.jpg (27KB, 425x208px) Image search: [Google]
Lavos.jpg
27KB, 425x208px
>>93382560
>The Lich was a catalyst comet, from back in dino times but got froze when Gunter flipped his shit
So he's Lavos?
>>
>>93382292
>friendly reminder that aliens started the nuclear war in fallout, canonically
>>
>>93379676
who cares? The new 10s CN shows are overrated.
>>
It's going to be like Lost, a bunch of shit written by different people with different ideas that never totally comes together or even makes sense internally. At best things will be tied up by someone else who never had input in the beginning. Like Finn's mother and father and the boat and tiger, there was never a plan from the start, writers just had to piece together what had already been established by others.
>>
What's this thread.

Didn't they already do a pretty good job explaining the interesting parts in Stakes and Islands

What else is supposed to be explained

>>93380108
>This, Sugar did a good job, and got her own show, so now there's a bunch of talentless hack writers trying to do the same thing and ruining the show as a result.

Sugar didn't explain any of the BIG HUGE THINGS that everyone else did

She just made Ice King sympathetic and gave him a backstory with Marceline. She developed characters, not mythology in a show where talking funny can be the entire joke. (And I might be wrong about if she did all the Ice King episodes but I thought she did)
>>
>>93380054
Wait, Xayaphone is actually a person's name? I figured it was some kind of silly nickname they called the writer because they had a hard to spell name or something.
>>
>>93380387
If GOLB is Prismo's boss, I want to know why he erased Normal Man's wife from existence.

Also I want Finn to remember the events of Puhoy.
I don't care if traumatizes him, I just him to remember.
>>
>>93382480
>Muh "it's a kid's show, this excuses negative aspects of the show" meme

When did I say anything about indepth lore in the first place, I said they shouldn't explain shit because the explanations are bad, not that they should make 2deep4u lore.
>>
File: Lich_king.jpg (156KB, 904x678px) Image search: [Google]
Lich_king.jpg
156KB, 904x678px
>>93383154
Nowhere in the show did it say he was from "Dino Times," also, being an incarnation of the comet doesn't mean he wasn't created by the bomb, Finn is an incarnation of the comet, he was still birthed by Minerva and [His Dad whose name escapes me and I am too lazy to search for].

The Lich could not BE the comet because the comet is a fucking sentient rock. The Lich is an incarnation of the comet. This means, even if the incarnation of the comet that had the soul(?) of the Lich was during "dino times" the point at which the Lich was reincarnated would be the point of the explosion. Much like the point Finn was reincarnated was the time of his birth (not technically, it's implied there were several reincarnations in between but you get the point). In fact, it's not even stated that the comet was the original incarnation of the Lich.

The original pitch for the Lich is much more interesting honestly. It's simple and easy.
>>
This >>93384414
was meant for
>>93382560
>>
>>93384414
The original pitch is just regular old dungeons and dragons high fantasy though, done a million times before. At least this way they came up with something kind of new. Also having watched the show recently, the comet was full of evil badness and it buried itself deep underground. Then the war happened and when the bomb dropped it ended up hitting that same spot and releasing the evil within, thus releasing the Litch. I think it's also implied that the mixing of the nuclear shit and the 'well of evil' as I'll call it, ended up mutating the whole world into the strange fantasy land it is today.

tldr; the bomb didn't create anything, it was just a catalyst.
>>
>the Lich is the reincarnation of a comet

I'm glad I stopped watching that show.
>>
File: big-clean.jpg (632KB, 2560x7200px) Image search: [Google]
big-clean.jpg
632KB, 2560x7200px
>>93384518
>done a million times before
>This guy doesn't realize it doesn't matter how common a theme is as long as you do it well

>At least this way they came up with something kind of new
>A Frozen monster is released by some human accident
Real original

>it buried itself deep underground
Citation needed

>when the bomb dropped it ended up hitting that same spot and releasing the evil within
Citation needed

Again, the Lich cannot be the frozen comet because the comet has no form outside of that, he WAS the comet in one incarnation, he is not currently, he in fact predates the comet, because he predates even the nothingness before the world existed.

TL;DR You don't need one of these for 5 sentences, especially when it doesn't contain most of the bad arguments you're making and is fucking wrong.

>>93384673
If you skip the plot entirely there are still a lot of good episodes.
>>
File: Lich_Image.png (443KB, 813x563px) Image search: [Google]
Lich_Image.png
443KB, 813x563px
>>93384703
Eh we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on that first part cause it's all about taste and I think we'd just talk circles around each other.

As for the citations: Looks like it was more ambiguous than I though but I'll post the reasons why I think it was the way I suggested. Though it looks like there's no real clear right answer one way or the other. I'll be posting quotes from the wiki cause I don't feel like posting an essay. Some of the stuff supports your argument as well though, hence the ambitiousness.

"Although the exact origin of the Lich is ambiguous, it is likely that he was the result of detonating the Mushroom Bomb (one of the last weapons dropped during the Mushroom War and the likely cause of the unnatural creatures of Ooo, such as Candy People, Sign Zombies, etc). When Finn wishes that the Lich never existed, he prevents the Mushroom Bomb from ever going off, thus creating the Farmworld alternate dimension"

", it is possible that only the Lich's former body was created by the Mushroom War and was possessed by the Lich, who had existed before."

"The episode "Evergreen" suggests that The Lich may have originally been the comet of that time in some shape or form, judging by its greenish glow and "horns," as well as Evergreen's statement of the comet apparently wanting nothing else than to destroy all life on the planet. This may suggest that the mushroom bomb simply gave him a physical body or a consciousness rather than outright created him. (Note: in the episode "The Comet" It is confirmed by the purple comet that the Lich was once the catalyst comet.) "

"Based on the episode "Gold Stars," it is also possible that the Lich's origin goes back to when the universe didn't exist yet, being himself one of the primordial monsters he describes in his speech. Also, in "The Comet" it is implied that the Lich was indeed connected to the Catalyst Comet (presumably the green one seen in "Evergreen")."

1/2
>>
>>93385018
"During the Cretaceous period, a green incarnation of the comet approached Earth, and it was known that on this occasion its impact would cause massive devastation,"

"This comet contained the essence of The Lich, as it had horn-shaped flames and a desire for extinction. "

"In "The Comet," the purple comet says that it has embodied all that is good and evil. While it says "good," the shot focuses on Finn and when it says "evil," a picture of The Lich appears.

This, along with the Evergreen comet's appearance and Sweet P's dream in "Be Sweet," confirm that the Lich was that incarnation of the comet. "

"During the Mushroom War, a nuclear bomb detonated, bringing destruction and releasing the Lich's spirit to the land."

So I just interpretted all that as: Comet, holding all that is evil and bad, hits the earth billions of years ago and after a while remains dormant, people go to war and drop a bomb, bomb releases the ancient evil upon the world, also everything mutates as well either as a result of the bomb and evil or just as a mutagenic outcome of the radiation.

I shouldn't have said anything definitively happened, that ones definitely on me. My bad. No need to be rude though anon.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.