[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would As told by ginger be more well-received if the characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: better.png (108KB, 407x221px) Image search: [Google]
better.png
108KB, 407x221px
Would As told by ginger be more well-received if the characters weren't so disgustingly pig hideous?

Hypothetical situation: let's say the show Lizzie Mcguire(another early 2000s teen landmark) never existed, or at least not the way we know it as a Disney show, and Ginger would be replaced with animated Lizzie, but the rest of the show remained the same with character development, arcs, surprisingly deep themes, etc. Would the show win even more acclaim if it had a qt girl on top of all the things it already has which already won it some acclaim?
>>
>>93356629
No it was boring.

People wanted to watch a cartoon not didn't want to watch live action drama shit in cartoon form.
>>
I hate to see that show, it reminds me of how hard it is to transition out of being an early 00s teen, to this day I have a hard time wearing clothes that fit me snugly everything has to be fucking baggy or else I get anxious and I look like an outdated stooge or bum
>>
Despite not liking the show all too much, As told by ginger's theme song makes me feel all somber and nostalgic. It's a good tune.
>>
File: macie.jpg (55KB, 749x915px) Image search: [Google]
macie.jpg
55KB, 749x915px
>>93356629
fuck u OP, Macie a cute
>>
No.
Lizzie McGuire sucked. Ginger was considerably well-crafted. I don't get why people shit on the artstyle. Klaspy-Csupo was never known for their appeasing designs, suddenly when one of their better works release people start attacking it.

Can't be coincidental.
>>
>>93360262
True, lizzie mcguire sucked, but I'm talking about if the character designs and nothing else from Lizzie were translated into Ginger, then would it be more popular?
>>
File: eliza.png (364KB, 543x511px) Image search: [Google]
eliza.png
364KB, 543x511px
I feel that character design has little to nothing to do with how good a show can be. While I've never watched more than a couple episodes of as told by Ginger myself, as a child I probably would have been interested if I had somehow clued into it having continuity like my precious animes.

But I watched shittons of pic related as a child, even though the both the mother fucking animals and the humans looked like beady eyed dogshit.
>>
>>93360955
Animation is a visual medium, being appealing to the eye is kind of important man

Even horror films are expected to look pretty in all their gruesome detail
>>
>>93356629
>>93356900
I disagree. I was a preteen girl when this show started airing so it was something that appealed to me since most shows with "growing up" problems are aimed at boys who, let's face it, have an easier time at puberty than girls do.

From the fakeup episode, which I related to with my god-awful "JUST RED" eyeshadow looks to the one about leg shaving (My mom was PISSED when she found out i shaved my legs already) it was a good relatable show.

Not every cartoon has to be wacky zany antics.

But i agree the drawing style of clasky jewpo is fucking disgusting (Wild thornberries, rugrats, literally every show they handled in the 90s looks like puke). but they had a lot of good writers for these shows.

I loved the tv movie for ATBG.

Yknow /co/ i was looking for a show to rewatch on a three day train trip (Especially because I stupidly didn't book a room for one of the overnight rides on the way there) so now i have a show to hunt down. Thanks.

>>93360089
Cree summer sang it didn't she? I loved it.

>>93360262
Lizzie McGuire was okay at the time but it doesn't hold up the same way today. You can forgive odd fashion in cartoons more than you can a live action show so for me Lizzie is just a reminder of the awful fashion choices that I made at that time.

>>93361139
It depends heavily on the show.
Sometimes you have a show like this, or Rugrats which are designed ugly but the stories get you through that fact until you're just kinda used to it.

But then you have something like Problem Solverz which is just so off putting to look at (I feel like i'm gonna have a seizure looking at just the stills from the show) that you might never give it a chance (I didn't).

There needs to be a balance.

Animation is visual, yes, but the visuals don't always have to be FANTASTIC and mindblowing for it to be a good piece of animation (Hertzfeldt kinda built his whole career around this).
>>
>>93363454
Why do moms get angry when their daughters shave their legs? Honest question.
>>
>>93356629
I think slice of life is over saturated now.
But people keep watching it anyway.
So people would watch it, but it wouldn't be "more well-received" even if the art was better.
>>
>>93363454
LONDON
>>
File: 1492402876457.png (391KB, 516x387px) Image search: [Google]
1492402876457.png
391KB, 516x387px
>>93363878
Not her but its a step into adulthood that they don't want you taking yet. Shaving your legs is basically saying you want them to be looked at sexually. Its the same reason Moms don't want you to wear makeup too eary

>tfw i hit puberty early and had hairy ass legs but she still insisted i wear sheer pantyhose for formal events
>NO SHAVING

thanks mom
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.