[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the SU storyboarders still draw the characters as originally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: periderp.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
periderp.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
Which of the SU storyboarders still draw the characters as originally envisioned?

i.e. no chibis
>>
Joe and Jeff. I love jeffs especially but i like joes steven more
>>
>>93354405
Is there any connection between how the episode is drawn and the actual content? Are joe and jeff's episodes different to zuke's for example? Which storyboarders do the townie episodes more often?
>>
>>93354413
ABSOLUTELY! Joe and Jeff are literally always picked for the episodes that have any sort of fighting or action. Usually the episodes with the most lore too.
>>
File: anna hype.gif (831KB, 189x199px) Image search: [Google]
anna hype.gif
831KB, 189x199px
>>93354434
Good to know, thanks a bunch anon!
>>
>>93354377
Paul Villeco
>>
>>93354405
Joe hasn't boarded (outside of that will be all) since mr greg (since he's the director of Colin/Jeff and Lamar/Katie eps)
>>
File: stevenuniverse-preview-580x398.jpg (53KB, 580x398px) Image search: [Google]
stevenuniverse-preview-580x398.jpg
53KB, 580x398px
No one?
>>
>>93354413
Boarders are extremely relevant to the writing, I'm pretty sure they do most of the writing. That's why the old days of Lamarr and Hellen pretty much guaranteed a bad episode. Hellen's sense of humor was always very flat with shit delivery and a constant case of "explain the joke".
>>
>>93354377
>>93355067
Oh and Hillary Florido
Actually Zuke's Steven isn't really that chibi
And I don't think Amber's it gonna be either
>>
>>93355122
No that's lamar's sense of humor (as seen in his and Katie's eps)
>>
>>93355120
Pilot designs are awful, but better than the current ones. I still believe early Steven was cuter than the "chibi" one we have now.
>>
File: Anime - Rei.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anime - Rei.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
Steven Universe is just a textbook example of why boarder-driven shows will always be inferior to writer-driven shows.
>>
>>93355122
Must we forever live with John K's mistakes? Maybe in something like Tom and Jerry being animation-driven make sense but in a cartoon about magical space opera ladies all it does is deprive you of consistent quality in either writing or boarding because your Jacks of all trades are masters of none.
>>
lemme break it down
>additional boards from Rebecca Sugar and directors Joe Johnston and Kat Morris
none of them are really chibi

>Colin Howard
more chibi than the non-chibi boarders, less chibi than the full chibi boarders: stopped boarding after The Good Lars to become Lead Character Designer

>Jeff Liu
Goes chibi for gag-y off model moments but isn't really chibi by default

>Katie Mitroff
the original Chibi boarder

>Lamar Abrams
the other egregiously chibi boarder. didn't draw steven really chibi until he was partnered with Katie (Steven's Birthday was the tipping point)

>Paul Villeco
the least chibi borader

>Raven Molisee
pretty chibi by the end (though her steven had a pre-2010's western animation edge to his design even at the end): left the show after Are You My Dad?

>Hilary Florido
not that chibi

>Lauren Zuke
honestly not that chibi

>Madeline Queripel
not really chibi
>>
Which Studio Do You Prefer?
http://imgur.com/a/OP4F4
http://imgur.com/a/oVWDY
>>
>>93355140
Lamarr is bad in his own way but he doesn't have those stupid explain the joke jokes or even worse, those awful "We're dragging this joke out way longer than it needs to be to fill time" jokes.
>>
>>93355332
>Quick, let's run into that corner
>Oh no, We're cornered!
>>
File: Peridot_is_very_handy.png (398KB, 681x491px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot_is_very_handy.png
398KB, 681x491px
>>93355375
>The shitty mutant designs for that episode
>>
>>93355375
Wait all those jokes are just one guy? Why are there so many? The only good application was Aquamarine's
>>
>>93355487
No the ep with aqua doing that joke was Zuke solo
Lamar's episodes are:
>with Aleth Romanillos
Arcade Mania
Steven's Lion

>with Matt Braly
Lars and the Cool Kids

>solo
Onion Trade
Beach Party

>with Hellen Jo
Monster Buddies
House Guest
Fusion Cuisine
Watermelon Steven
Future Vision
Winter Forecast
Shirt Club
The Message
Love Letters
Rising Tides/Crashing Skies

>with Lauren Zuke
Chille Tid

>with Katie Mitroff
Onion Friend
When it Rains
The Answer
Steven's Birthday
Same Old World
Drop Beat Dad
Restraunt Wars
Greg the Babysitter
1st half of Bismuth
Back to the Moon
Buddy's Book
Onion Gang
3 gems and a Baby
The Zoo
Tiger Philantropist
Doug Out

>with Jeff Liu
Off Colors
>>
>>93355461
Literally the only ep with gem mutants not boarded by Raven and Paul
>>
>>93355122
Don't bully Hellen
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.