[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the appeal of this show? I've been binge-watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 640.jpg (38KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
38KB, 640x357px
What was the appeal of this show?
I've been binge-watching the first two seasons and I can't see why it got so popular
I really want to enjoy it, how should I watch it?
>>
File: tumblr_o2fsegQudj1tpri36o1_500.jpg (25KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2fsegQudj1tpri36o1_500.jpg
25KB, 500x336px
Which episode are you on, who would you say is your favourite character, what other shows do you enjoy and what compelled you to give this one a shot?

A lot of the show's strength is simply in the delivery of a lot of the lines. Shake and Carl's VAs knock it out of the park in terms of inflection and timing.
>>
Surreal and absurd humor.
>>
>>93347124
The appeal is the "lolsorandom" humor, however this show handled it very well.
>>
>what's the appeal of this show that is great or used to be great?
Stop this fucking meme /co/
>>
>>93347279
>"lolsorandom"
Except the show didn't have a lot of non-sequitrs. It's subject matter was absurd, but all of the jokes were cohesive and followed structure. In fact one of the best parts of the show is how it blends surreal subject matter with mundane reactions to it and juxtaposes it with everyday situations. Like the Grim Reaper selling gutters.

It's not the same "lol so random" method shows like Adventure Time use where a character just randomly screams "ALGEBRAIC!"
>>
>>93347212
The times I did find it funny was when Shake or Carl were delivering the lines
Frylock's facial expressions as well
I think I'm currently on Super Trivia
>>
>>93347124
Carl is the best cartoon character ever made and if you disagree with me you're clearly gay or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5TlXOkpHI
>>
>>93347124
Their earlier seasons around season 2-5 are their best ones. I've tried watching the newer ones, but I can't really get into them or enjoy them as much as the earlier ones.

You really shouldn't try and enjoy something you don't understand. Most of their jokes will fly over your head.

>Childhood is idolizing Frylock, Adulthood is realizing Carl makes more sense
>>
>>93347487
Okay, I don't remember the exact season each episode is in so this might not be so helpful, but Shake's Son and The Universal Remonster are great early episodes especially if you like Shake's moments specifically. The one with the Mooninites cashing Cliff's check is also good.

OOOOH GO IN GO IN. GET IN THAT NET YOU CRAZY WHORE
>>
>>93347521
I think I'm getting the jokes, but I'm just not finding them funny
I enjoy the show and how they are absurd but structured but I still feel like I'm not enjoying it as much as I should
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.