[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The grievances against "Spider-Man: Homecoming" are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1497994729160.jpg (116KB, 1140x797px) Image search: [Google]
1497994729160.jpg
116KB, 1140x797px
The grievances against "Spider-Man: Homecoming" are obvious by now, but which parts are you guys actually looking forward to?

I, for one, really enjoy the movie's approach to the Vulture and his crew. A team of working-class criminals who just want to steal things and avoid superhero attention is pretty unique to the MCU and comic book movie villains as a whole, and Keaton looks great in the role.
>>
File: Rogues.jpg (366KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
Rogues.jpg
366KB, 900x1357px
>>93344297
>Who steal things and avoid superhero attention
Coming Soon to DC
>>
File: The Rogues.png (260KB, 700x349px) Image search: [Google]
The Rogues.png
260KB, 700x349px
>>93344354
>Axed from the TV show because "Legends of Tomorrow" killed Captain Cold and redeemed Heatwave.

>The movie is already a production clusterfuck and probably won't even feature them.

These guys will probably be the best Rogues we'll get on live-action.
>>
I thought Vulture was an old guy looking to deage himself but the process kind of drives him cooky like Ras and the Lazarus pit.

Already the MCU does what it's done since Disney takes over and just gives lip-service to the characters while it makes it's own OC and slaps their name on it.
>>
>>93344538
>I thought Vulture was an old guy looking to deage himself but the process kind of drives him cooky like Ras and the Lazarus pit.

You thought wrong.
>>
>>93344297
Keaton is like the only thing I'm looking forward to because he's fucking great.
Other than that, the S.I. ferry scene I guess because I live there and constantly ride it.

That's it. Don't even think I'm gonna see it in theatres honestly. Sony somehow took control of it, and I don't like anything about what they're doing with it. I drew the line at fuck boi gucchi DESIGNATED Flash, not-ganke, and Tony giving Spidey the fucking power and responsibility speech. It also didn't help that Pete cried like a bitch when Tony was taking the suit away.
>>
>>93344654
>Tony giving Spidey the fucking power and responsibility speech

He doesn't.
>>
>>93344538
Only during the nineties. Vulture is usually just a thief with wings.
>>
File: MCU Vulture close up.png (892KB, 1363x609px) Image search: [Google]
MCU Vulture close up.png
892KB, 1363x609px
You got to admit, they did a good job with Vultures design
>>
>>93344297
It does look like they are getting into Superior Foes territory with them.

Supervillains that will never conquer the earth or steal godlike power. They just want to rob a few banks and live comfortably, and they kind of suck at that. They know they are not a match for the superheroes so they try to go under the radar.
>>
>>93344538
You wanna know how I can tell you grew up with the 90s Spider-Man cartoon and not the comics?
>>
File: You And Your Stupid Mather.gif (1022KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
You And Your Stupid Mather.gif
1022KB, 300x300px
>>93344297
I find it extremely hard to believe this will be worse than either Amazing entry.

Frankly I think all the bitching is really unfounded, especially given that we know Tony is in only like 4-5 scenes and Zendaya is confirmed to not be MJ for over a year now.
>>
>>93344538
Vulture was a guy who invented a pocket sized device that lets people fly. And he used it to get revenge on a guy who made tons of money off his inventions while he was still basically poor.
>>
>>93344742
He's evil fighter pilot Falcon
>>
>>93344804
Remember that time Toomes was forced to build that device for a prison inmate to escape, did it, and wired it so he would die by leaving earths atmosphere? Dont fuck with Adrian Toomes
>>
File: Consider The Following.png (51KB, 246x214px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following.png
51KB, 246x214px
>>93344297
I'm kinda okay with the Iron man movie desu.

Shit, if Spidey's in the MCU, fine, show that he's in the MCU. Its not like this is the first Spidey movie, its the 6th one. And besides you can tell Iron Man's role is really small cause if he was in any action scenes, they'd have showed it by now.
>>
>>93344297
>which parts are you guys actually looking forward to?

Good fight scenes, I don't expect anything else from superhero movies nowadays.
>>
>>93344846
I always thought Toomes was the main example of genius inventor who could absolutely be rich off his invention but chose to rob banks instead.

He mostly dropped the revenge on his boss thing and then was nothing but revenge against Spider-Man instead after his second story. He could have sold a tiny flying device invention at any point and lived nicely.
>>
>>93344538
I liked and grew up with the 90's cartoon but that shit isn't the gospel. And it definately doesn't hold up.
>>
>>93344726

Because I was basing that off the 90s cartoon? I have no shame in saying I like that version more. Keep sucking Tom Holland's dick though.
>>
I really don't know what to look forward to. The film looks like it's introducing nothing new to the MCU.
>>
>>93344894
Yea he had no physical reason to keep up the villain thing outside of angry revenge.

Norman was legitimately crazy, Otto was deformed and thought he was deserving of compensation, and most of the others like Sandman did not exactly have anything to fall back on for money.
>>
Pretty sure 90's cartoon was just trying to give the guy some kind of more villain-ish motivation outside of "guy fucked me out of some money"
>>
>>93344894
Didn't his old boss make it impossible for Adrian to legally sell his device anywhere else? Besides, Adrian is mainly in it for the thrill.
>>
>>93344917
>casualness gets corrected
>"Y-you must be an MCU fanboy"

typical
>>
>>93344917
When did I give any indication that I was looking forward to this film? The only thing that has me curious is Keaton as the Vulture. That's it.
>>
>>93344297
>which parts are you guys actually looking forward to?

Scenes at the Bugle with J. Jonah Jameson
Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy scenes
>>
>>93344297
Even though this will probably be a fine enough film, I just can't get myself to be all that excited for it.

Maybe it's the fatigue of the third Spider-Man iteration of the decade. It's cool to have Spider-Man getting to join his superhero compatriots in the MCU, but I feel like this movie doesn't have much to sell other than "Spider-Man is in the MCU now and he gets to hang out with Iron Man!"

Even though they have that social-issue working-class slant with the Vulture, you just know that they are not going to explore how stratification produces crime very much. It's gonna be like TDKR, where they dangle this political topic as the motivation for the villain, but then it's mostly just lip service with little to do with the narrative. It's just the arbitrary reason for the conflict.

And also, I don't think having Spidey in the MCU means that they have to have MCU characters have as much presence in his development as they do. Like, Tony Stark is the guy responsible for Peter's first real costume? The plot revolves around Peter being a Junior Avenger Scout trying to prove himself to Stark? I dunno, Spider-Man had a storied career before he ever became an Avenger, he wasn't some other hero's protege in his early years. Even though he was the most popular of Marvel's characters, within his own universe, he was the unsung hero: he proved his mettle hundreds of times over, but was still not seen as on the same tier as Captain America and Iron Man for years. I think it's better to have a more mature Spider-Man finally get recognition from the Avengers, rather than the Avengers being instrumental to his development as a hero.

I'd rather have Spidey start out hanging around with street-level heroes like Daredevil, taking on the NYC underworld, and developing into an Avenger. Or, if they want to do Spidey with the Avengers right away, use an older Spidey who's already had a substantial off-screen career.
>>
>>93344297

m8 be good but I don't know the trailers and the teasers and other promotional materials makes it look like it's gonna be bad

I mean it's really necessary for Peter Parker/Spider-man to meet celebrities like DJ Khaled or Magic Johnson? It's like another one of those brilliant ideas from Sony executives like EDM dancing dirty triathlon athlete Spider-man, and all the money from the BO is going to Sony I don't want to support their movies, they deserve to fail so the studio has to restructure itself and fire all the idiots managing it
>>
>Mfw Vulture's wings become part of Osborn's glider
>>
>>93345202
It's also annoying that this film is redundant because we know Spider-Man will be with the Avengers next year.

It's like Iron Man 2. "Iron Man accepted into the Avengers, Tony Stark is not". Nothing came of that.
>>
>>93345247
>I mean it's really necessary for Peter Parker/Spider-man to meet celebrities like DJ Khaled or Magic Johnson?

I don't see the problem, considering they're non-canon ads. It's not different from Optimus Prime ordering a whopper or Baby Groot teaching you about the benefits of Geico.
>>
I just hope a cutdown version ends up online where someone just removes all the highschool drama and it's just spiderman adventures for an hour.
>>
>>93345048

>they think they're correcting me not that I explicit know the cartoon version of vulture was different and I just like that one more.

Keep trying to GOTCHA on your retarded ass assumptions shit posters.

I debated putting an "inb4" in that post and now I wish I did since I forgot 4chan has no reading comprehension.
>>
>>93345247
Yeah, at this rate he will have a stupid dance scene by movie #3.
>>
i genuinely wonder how the sequels will work after relying so much on Iron Man for their first go.
>>
>>93345389
I'll be honest. I keep expecting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw
to pop up in the film.
>>
>>93345397
You haven't even seen the goddamn movie.

Tony part is clearly really minimal and he's in the trailers (in the same three scenes each time btw) just to market the movie.
>>
>>93345389
You do know there's a dance scene in the film, right? The Homecoming Dance?
>>
>>93345436
Yeah, so when the sequel doesn't have Tony, are they going to plaster Michelle, Ned, Flash and Liz all over the posters? If they are tricking people to see it for RDJ, then will there be any momentum for Peter's classmates?
>>
>>93345470
To me what's weird is that this is a fucking Spider-man movie, and they're using Iron Man and RDJ like it needs to be propped up. How did Spidey's stock get so low?
>>
>>93345497
I'm going to go into a rant.

When Phase 1 happened in the MCU, it felt like each film had their own tone. Iron Man had a lot of West Coast High Tech feel to it. Thor had the golden Asgard clash with the yellow desert of New Mexico. Captain America had WWII with the blue tones. Hulk...felt like an average 2000's film. But when they merged, they pretty much made the characters the most colorful part of the mechanical setting they were stuck in.

But then they entered what I call the melting superhero pot, where films became less defined and more the same tone throughout. Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Winter Soldier, AoU and Civil War all felt like they were the same film because they used the same color filters and same technology. They became indistinguishable. GOTG at least used a lot of purples and wild imagery.

So, Spider-Man's first go isn't being defined because it feels part of melting superhero pot. Instead of feeling like Spider-Man, defined by the massive NYC skylines and zipping around, we have a Peter never leaving Queens and going to Washington DC, with Iron Man all over the posters. It doesn't feel like Spider-Man is being established on his own. It feels like Spider-Man is an expansion pack, made from the same materials already there, but rearranged.

At least Ant-Man and Dr. Strange got to be defined with their own casts first. Yes, there was a Falcon fight, but it didn't detract from the story. Here, you can already sense that this film is an advertisement for the MCU. "I bet you can't wait to see more Spider-Man in the Avengers"
>>
>>93344711
He does it in the trailer, what are you talking about.
>>
>>93344297
I'm looking forward/hoping to see Tony Stark get BTFO again
>>
>>93345688
I can't wait for his death in Avengers 4
>>
>>93345655
Ant Man is easily in the top 3 Marvel movies. The Heist movie set up breathed a ton of new life into the same super hero set up, and Pym already being a super hero decades ago and being retired was a nice touch (even though comics purists bitched about all the alterations, I actually enjoyed the fact the adaption isn't just a retelling of the source).
>>
>>93344797
This, its nearly as bad as you MvCucks who would talk shit about Doctor Strange.

It was mediocre at best and it wasn't the slight against humanity /co/ made it to sound like every other fucking comic book movie every made by man. This will probably be the same, but shit for 10 bucks entertainment its a better value then a fucking comic book for 3 to 5 bucks a pop.
>>
>>93345822
Ant Man was also gloriously creative in its use of powers and setpieces. It helps that Pym's stuff translates really well to film. Shrinking is lots of fun to watch.
>>
>>93345678
No, he doesn't.
>>
>>93345470
They're using Iron Man to remind the audience that "Homecoming" is part of the MCU and to attract people that could have been turned off by another Spider-Man movie after the Webb movies somewhat hurt the brand.

The idea is that once the movie comes out, audiences will be won over by the new Spider-Man enough that he won't need the push for people to know they're in for a good time.
>>
>>93344797
I would be happy if it was as good as ASM, which wasn't that good.
>>
>>93344894
This is a question for anyone but I'm just quoting one dude - what run was it where Electro and the Vulture like, robbed The Owl for a briefcase of money and Spiderman got tricked into catching them for him? It turns out Vulture is just trying to steal the money to pay for his granddaughter's cancer treatments or something, and Electro reveals that he and the other villains invented a bunch of new ways to use their powers when they were in prison and starts exploding cars full of people. At the end Spidey takes them down and they get horribly tortured by the Owl. Probably my favorite depiction of both villains that I've ever seen, and features the Vulture seeing Puny Parker's face at one point and having a crisis about the fact he's been getting his ass kicked by a teenager.
>>
>>93346328
Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.