[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this get better? People say it's one of the best things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: The_Venture_Bros.jpg (89KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
The_Venture_Bros.jpg
89KB, 1280x719px
Does this get better?
People say it's one of the best things Adult Swim ever done, but I'm on season 1 and so far every second (if you're lucky) gag is
>cliche happens
>intense music stops and the cliche is either pointed out or mocked in some other way
which gets old pretty fast and makes the humor completely predictable.
>>
It's no Frisky Dingo or Space Ghost that's for sure.
>>
>>93335098
yes. Though at the same time its a parody of cliched fiction. The fact everyone is a sad cliche is half the point.
>>
Yes, now fuck off.
>>
>>93335098
Season 1 is great, but it's really better in context with the later seasons. The animation gets better and the writing picks up a bit, honestly you can kind of see what I mean about the writing as season 1 goes into the later episodes.
>>
The show's strength is in its universe and characters, and those need time to build. It starts really being the show everyone praises at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2.
>>
>>93335098
Every cartoon show picks up by it's third season.
That's like an industry fact.
They don't get their groove or find their true voice until that point.
Season 1 of Venture Bros. is a parody of old action adventure shows of the 60s and 70s with references to pop culture from 60s/70s/80s.
As the show goes on it will start to focus on world building more than references or pointing out old tropes.
There will come a point where they will make a reference and you won't get it unless you are well versed in obscure shit from now to the 60s.
>>
>>93336147
It's funny because it becomes more AND less accessible ( the obscure references) as the seasons go on.

My normie pals had no fucking clue about anything having to do with the Andy Warhol villain in S6. They just thought it was a hipster legion on doom.
>>
>>93335098
The entire point is how it develops its own identity from this premise which initially seems like it's just another Williams Street 'old cartoon parody cover over total absurdism'. It's not really an 'old cartoon parody' at all, even by the second half of Season 1.
>>
>>93335098
Season 1 is the worst season of Venture Bros.
>>
Season one is janky, but I assure you it gets better.
>>
>>93335098
Maybe with your super-duper intelligence that you are trying to convince us that you have, maybe it's not for you. Maybe watch an episode of friends or something
>>
I wonder if they'll talk about the next season at SDCC this year.
>>
File: Betty_rage.png (136KB, 250x388px) Image search: [Google]
Betty_rage.png
136KB, 250x388px
>>93336285
The Doom Factory episode made me so fucking giddy.

It's a weird and wonderful feeling to see your own interests and obsessions so perfectly reflected in another's vision.
>>
>>93336343
That's not how you spell Season 4 and 5
>>
>>93337905
Bait
I do think season 5 was a step down from season 4, which is odd because each season is better than the one before it except for this case.
>>
>>93336285
>It's funny because it becomes more AND less accessible
That's the good part. It stopped being a Johnny Quest spoof. This allowed fans of the obscure to be like >>93337517 to get excited and pay attention by trying to get the references but it doesn't hurt the viewers who don't get it. The latter might even seek out the source of the references if they see the former going on about things.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.