[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've started going back and watching all the MCU movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

So I've started going back and watching all the MCU movies I missed (which is quite a few) and I just watched The Incredible Hulk. I found it really odd that they teased the scientist guy getting superpowers (apparently some character named Leader who I've never heard of) and then they just went nowhere with it.

Why is that? I read there's apparently some short pre-Avengers comic where Black Widow captures him and that ties up that loose end neatly, but why didn't they want to find an excuse to bring this guy back in an actual movie? Not even a small cameo. Was Hulk just not as popular as the other MCU movies? It's also kinda weird that pretty much everyone's gotten a sequel or two but Hulk's just there alone with his only standalone movie being at the very start of the MCU. Hulk's pretty awesome, so why the heck do they hate him?
>>
>>93332763

It hasn't come back up again because all of the hulk movies were shit that they want people to forget about and they seem to have decided not to try and do any more hulk movies. He's a character in other movies now, not the main in his own ones.
>>
Marvel doesn't have full rights to the Hulk. That's why they don't make Hulk solo movies.
>>
>>93332763
The Hulk brand is apparently in some weird legal limbo where solo movies are more difficult to produce than guest appearances in other films. That's one theory anyway. Mostly, Incredible Hulk underperformed financially. And the Jews at the Disney round table were not pleased.
>>
>>93332784
>>93332763
People who think they're not making Hulk films because they 'hate him' or they just decided not to are stupid and probably from /tv/

They don't have the legal rights to produce any more solo films of Hulk. The rights are partially owned by Universal and it'll take a lot of work to get a movie off the ground.

They went through the same thing trying to wrestle away the rights to Spider-man from Sony.
>>
>>93332793
>>93332805
>>93332808

I understand there is some situation with Universal and the rights. But lets be honest. If Hulk was a character they thought they could make money on with solo projects Marvel and Universal would have some deal in place to be making movies.
>>
>>93332763
i dont read comics so i didnt know who leader was before watching EMH but i loved his episode
>>
>>93332833
We have no idea what the Universal deal entails, so they might not have any real option. As long as they get to use Hulk in other movies though, I'm sure they're relatively pleased. Maybe we'll see a solo movie in the future, but not for many years.
>>
>>93333045
Still sucks that they haven't used Leader for anything, though.
>>
>>93332784
I've never understood the appeal of Hulk. That being said, wasn't that tease from the 2004 movie anyway?
>>
>>93333338
Considering I literally just watched the 2008 movie, it was definitely in the 2008 movie.

Anyway, I used to not like Hulk but what makes him awesome is just how fucking strong he is. The power and speed he's capable of fighting with is quite satisfying.
>>
>>93332763
Wasn't he the main antagonist in the Incredible Hulk animated series?
>>
Apparently Norton refused to promote this movie because they wouldn't make the changes he wanted. No wonder it didn't do as well as it could have, and no wonder they replaced him.
>>
>>93332808
>from /tv/
/tv/ loves Hulk 2003
>>
>>93332763
>(apparently some character named Leader who I've never heard of)
Hey
Read a fucking comic book or fuck off back to /tv/eddit
>>
>>93335831
Do they really? That's good to hear.
>>
I fucking love 2008 Hulk. Edward Norton is the only huge downside.

>there currently is an alternate universe where Edward Norton is still the Hulk in the MCU
>>
>>93335866
Yeah. 2003 Hulk is the GOAT Hulk movie desu
>TAKE IT ALL
>>
>>93332763
>(apparently some character named Leader who I've never heard of)

Fuck off, /tv/.
>>
>>93336045
>GOAT Hulk movie
>literally only two Hulk movies ever
"GOAT" seems kind of unnecessary in this situation.
>>
>>93336967
Well, there's the made-for-TV ones.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.