[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Entry in what has been thus far a shitty series >Billions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 18

File: wonder_woman_main.jpg (297KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman_main.jpg
297KB, 1280x640px
>Entry in what has been thus far a shitty series
>Billions of re-writes and a slew of credited writers
>First-pick director left because of creative conflict with the studio
>Forced to build on a character who didn't make a lot of sense in the last film she was in
>Completely different setting from any of the comics
>Had to craft the film with a character already established by another director/writer instead of the director/writer of this movie having the freedom to craft their character according to their singular vision
>Even had to find a way to cram in a theme created by some other composer who wasn't the person who scored this film
>Skelly actor who doesn't have tough Amazon physique
>Absolutely FUCKING AMAZING

How the fuck did this project turn out so right? They actually did it. They actually made an awesome DCEU movie. THE ABSOLUTE MADWOMEN.
>>
>>93332046
Patty Jenkins
>>
>>93332046
>>Entry in what has been thus far a shitty series
I disagree.
WW was about on par with MoS for me.
So 7-7.5/10.
>>
>>93332060
>>
>>93332046

Because it wasn't directed by a lunatic who's own personal vision was morally repugnant manchild nonsense(Snyder) or a potentially interesting director fucked by the studio mandates(Ayer).

They just let her make a goddamn movie. It had the stink of Snyder over the finale action setpiece(aka the worst part) but other then that, they let the director make a film that people might actually enjoy.
>>
>>93332046
I can't believe it either. BvS was so fucking grindingly terrible it made me think they'd never be able to get it right. Not sure whether it was largely down to Jenkins or not, but if it was, hire her as the DCEU architect instead of Snyder.

Makes me very concerned for JL, though.
>>
File: Allan_Heinberg.jpg (16KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
Allan_Heinberg.jpg
16KB, 220x290px
>>93332060
this is correct, though I think that Heinberg might bear some credit as well
>>
>>93332046
>How the fuck did this project turn out so right?
It didn't.
>>
>>93332143
Snyder pls go
>>
>>93332046
>>93332071
>>93332143
Three different opinions.
Who do I believe?
>>
>>93332046
>Entry in what has been thus far a shitty series
>Billions of re-writes and a slew of credited writers
>First-pick director left because of creative conflict with the studio
>Forced to build on a character who didn't make a lot of sense in the last film she was in
>Completely different setting from any of the comics
>Had to craft the film with a character already established by another director/writer instead of the director/writer of this movie having the freedom to craft their character according to their singular vision
>Even had to find a way to cram in a theme created by some other composer who wasn't the person who scored this film
>Skelly actor who doesn't have tough Amazon physique

And to the surprise of no one it ended up being one of the worst films of the year.

"Sucking less than MoS or BvS" is not something to praise a film for. It's really not. WB has set the bar so low for superhero movies that ANYTHING is going to be better than Snyder's garbage.

>>93332046
>>93332060
viraling on /co/ won't change the fact that the general public doesn't fucking care about DC movies and never will
>>
File: 1b8.png (409KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
1b8.png
409KB, 600x395px
>>93332143
>t. company wars fag
>>
>>93332155
Snyder pushed for WW to happen though.
>>
>>93332046
They followed the MCU formula
>>
>>93332178

>They followed the MCU formula

By making a movie people might like?
>>
File: (((ares))).jpg (1KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
(((ares))).jpg
1KB, 160x90px
>>93332046
>How the fuck did this project turn out so right? They actually did it. They actually made an awesome DCEU movie.
Eh, it was okay.
>>
>>93332168
>>t. company wars fag
Nope, WW is shit as power-fanatsy movie and very-very average superhero movie
>>
>>93332046
The director is skilled and honestly LIKES Wonder Woman. Snyder isn't a great film maker, he's only really good at visuals. But his Batman in BvS is a character. Not perfect, but you know why he does most things and can even relate. You can tell he doesn't care about Superman, because Superman never feels like a character. His opinion of Superman is shallow, so his direction of Superman is shallow.

Jenkins obviously was passionate about making a good Wonder Woman movie, and focused on making sure that character was delivered. That's honestly all most fans want: to see the characters they love translated well on screen.
>>
>>93332178
Oh come on. It wasn't quite that bad.
>>
>>93332046
The movie was a Snyder creation back to back, visually and thematically at least, I wouldn't be surprised if he ghost directed it. It just has a competently made final cut instead of being edited by a guy high on meth like BvS and SS, which is the only objectively bad thing these other movies had.

Also after 16 Iron Man rehashes, Fox doing one good movie out of 4 and DCEU being divisive as fuck, it felt like fresh air seeing the best capemovie since TDK
>>
>>93332183
Yes.
>>
>>93332193
A lot of thet critics that gave it praise claimed exactly that.
>>
>>93332178
It can't be, WW was good
>>
File: 1496560551254.jpg (16KB, 324x206px) Image search: [Google]
1496560551254.jpg
16KB, 324x206px
>>93332046
>How the fuck did this project turn out so right? They actually did it. They actually made an awesome DCEU movie. THE ABSOLUTE MADWOMEN.
>t. S-J-W
>>
>>93332046
It had a decent script, not something that was in the middle of rewrites and got sped up to shoot it anyway, and a director that actually knows how to make a movie. She knows how to tell a story, she knows how to get the best from the actors, and she seems to understand the character and what people expect from her better than Snyder did with both Batman and Superman.
This movie should be used as an example of what a competent (and I'm not saying great, just competent) director should do, in opposite to some hack with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>93332046
Ten years ago no one would even mention this movie and it would have done just ok in the box office instead of destroying all MCU solo movies, but after seeing objective turds like Suicide Squad and GotG2, this movie looks like Citizen Kane in comparision
>>
>>93332046
>>Billions of re-writes and a slew of credited writers

What? There's literally 2 screenwriters. One is Fuches who wrote the initial draft, then Heinberg who wrote the final draft. Snyder just came up with the general story and Geoff Johns just had consulting input on the characters.
>>
>>93332178
It gave me some Captain America vibes, which wasn't a bad thing since I liked that movie too.
>>
File: 1453432886251.png (169KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
1453432886251.png
169KB, 679x864px
>>93332160
>>
>>93332235

>how dare one major blockbuster movie come out that appeals to someone other then me

>ALL OF THEM HAVE TO APPEAL TO MEN FIRST

>LITERALLY EVERY LAST ONE
>>
>>93332263
>Snyder just came up with the general story
Not this shit again.
Story credits are always for actual writing.
>>
>>93332235
this it's a shitty movie. good reviews are just reviewers sucking up to SJW's knowing if they say anything bad about it they'll get called sexist and have a mob of angry lesbians chase them with torches
>>
>>93332199
>The movie was a Snyder creation back to back
Snyderfags in denial.
It had proper storytelling and direction, and made you feel for the characters, even a villain like Dr. Poison, and most of this without the need of endless soliloquies exposing each character's motivations and psychological makeup. Oh, and there was a surprising lack of reference to previous works of art.
>>
>>93332275
Snyder isn't a writer, he doesn't write screenplays. At most he wrote a treatment to pitch to the studio.
>>
>>93332271
>>ALL OF THEM HAVE TO APPEAL TO MEN FIRST
Yep, because blockbusters for mens always made better than cuckbusters for numales
>>
>Prior to release
>ITS THE BEST SUPER HERO MOVIE EVER HOLY SHIT
>After release
>Eh, it was alright. Middle of the road super hero movie.
>Hear this from EVERYONE I know who saw it, unanimously.

This makes me think the reviews were grossly inflated for some reason.
>>
>>93332281
>reviews only matter when I agree with them
Summer is in full swing.

Is the same kid who was begging people to like BvS all last night still here?
>>
File: rocketeer shadow phantom.jpg (38KB, 527x259px) Image search: [Google]
rocketeer shadow phantom.jpg
38KB, 527x259px
>>93332265
Both of them have the feel of old adventure movies and the 90s pulp-cape movies too. I wish more capeshit was made with that style. Hiring Joe Johnston to do the first Cap movie looked to be done intentionally for that Rocketeer style.
>>
>>93332275
Not necessarily. And it's mostly for actual writing that didn't make it into the final script, or very little of it did. Otherwise they'd get a co-writing credit.
>>
>>93332298
Nope, reviews only matter when they talks about movie quality, charisma etc, not "omg, movie about strong independant movie, your daughters should love it -- and so should your sons"
>>
>>93332298
Not him, but he's not exactly wrong in that being a threat.

James Rolfe was declared sexist/bigotted in a concerted media blitz for saying he wouldn't be watching the new ghostbusters (for valid and stated reasons), so you can't really say this threat has no precedent.
>>
>>93332291

You're a child arguing that people other then you don't deserve time on the playground. It's not even "I want stuff for me it's "I want stuff for me and if anyone else gets stuff I'm going to whine."
>>
>>93332291
Yeah, you know, shit like Titanic. Pure high test cinema!
>>
>>93332281
Ok, now if you can explain the insanely good word of mouth (making on it's third weekend more than Age of Ultron) and WW having the same audience score and ratings than Logan, we will stop laughing at you
>>
>>93332324
>You're a child arguing that people other then you don't deserve time on the playground.
They don't deserve all that praising if their movie can offer only political agenda.
>>
>>93332328
Just for that, James Cameron's making Avatar 7 and 8 as well.
>>
>>93332301
I think that's gotta be it.

That reminds me, I haven't seen The Rocketeer in thirteen years.
>>
>>93332338
Except WW doesn't offer political agenda, at least not a feminist one.
>>
>>93332336
>making on it's third weekend more than Age of Ultron
>less than 600 mil
Bitch please.
>>
>>93332354
Except WW is all about "world need strong independent womyn to save us from white mens"
>>
>>93332323
So. There are reviewers who also called Ghostbusters out on it's bullshit that like Wonder Woman. You're going to tell me the Redletter Media guys have been "intimidated" into liking Wonder Woman?

It's just a bullshit boogieman that people want to use to hide the fact that they are mentally retarded and liked BvS more than a good movie. I don't mind people have different things they liked, but don't claim "they were all coerced!" when the majority disagrees with you. It comes off as pathetic.
>>
>>93332356
>AoU 3rd weekend $38,859,900
>WW 3rd weekend $41,268,850
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
>>
File: frogs.webm (2MB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
frogs.webm
2MB, 640x368px
Nuke Mississippi, Moscow and Canada

make 4chan great again
>>
>>93332367
ITT: anon's parents didn't take him to see the movie, and now he's taking his anger out on the internet.
>>
>>93332323
Once the movie came out and flopped big time there was less attacking specific people. As though Sony decided paying people to defend the piece of shit they made wasn’t worth it anymore.
>>
>>93332367
You're reaching harder than SJWs do to get mad at something. I'm impressed.
>>
>>93332305
>And it's mostly for actual writing that didn't make it into the final script
Nope.
Know what things mean before you talk about them.
>>
>>93332381
I'm just stating that there has been a very public case of a reviewer being slandered and attacked for political reasons over a perceived feminist movie. I don't have a dog in this fight, but that was a thing that actually happened, and it's still a legitimate reason for some reviewers to be nervous.

It would be a boogieman if it didn't actually happen.
>>
>>93332356
It's making more than Age of Ultron did on its third weekend. Movies like BvS made most of their money based on hype, that's why it got 50% of its box office on its opening weekend. Once people actually saw the movie, they didn't go back, and they didn't recommend it to other people, and that's why it plummeted. WW is doing well because of the quality of the movie itself. People are going to watch it more than once, and recommending it to other people. That's why it's holding up better than films like AoU and BvS. It will make less than both by the end of its run, but only 'cause AoU and most of all, BvS fooled a shitload of people into paying for a ticket on the opening weekend.
>>
>>93332395
>says 64% country
>>
>>93332367
Except it isn't. But you'd need to watch the movie and not be a triggered faggot who got rejected by women because he's a fucking asshole in order to understand that.
>>
>>93332354

>Except WW doesn't offer political agenda, at least not a feminist one

Of course it has a feminist agenda, it's just that /co/ is so fanatically devoted to the idea that feminism is and always has been an evil conspiracy to destroy the concept of white men that they have to pretend that that word is inherently evil or pull some dumb "it's egalitarian!" bullshit.

The movie is literally about the power of feminine love overcoming masculine anger and hate. That's not even subtext, that's practically text dialogue in the film. It just does that while also making the male characters worthwhile in their own right at the same time.

I swear, the mental gymnastics you people do to dislike people and ideas on the whole. Trying to argue that feminism is a dirty word is fucking retarded.
>>
>>93332401
>says movie are full of SJW-agenda
>lol u mad! harder than sjw!
>>
>Marveldrones on suicide!
>first successful movie in a line of failures
>follows the marvel formula to a tee
>>
>>93332404
And there was at least one bad review of WW calling it out for not being feminist enough.
>>
>>93332404
>I don't have a dog in this fight
Then quit making excuses for the other anon's sperg out. Don't give me some bullshit "I'm the reasonable third party!" when you're just pretending everyone reviewer and audience member is LYING about enjoying a movie. In case you forgot this important part of your scenario, Ghostbusters FUCKING FAILED, and the feminism card isn't going to carry a big budget action movie.

It's a boogieman. Be afraid of it all you want, but the rest of us live in the real world.
>>
>>93332409
>but only 'cause AoU
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93332429
>>93332437
>he's still going
Did you know that WW has a decent shot at outgrossing GotG2 domestically if the drops stay this tiny? How does this make you feel? Let it all out anon, we're here for you
>>
>>93332409
>WW is doing well
In US only.
>>93332423
>Except it isn't.
Except it is. And I've watched the movie.
>triggered faggot who got rejected by women because he's a fucking asshole in order to understand that.
>projecting so hard
>>
>>93332046
the movie was generic garbage with a heroine who never felt like she was in any danger or that she could fail
i realize you're just trolling or shilling but fuck you anyway
>>
>>93332429

The film is objectively good. The complaints against SJW are that they look beyond objectivity to complain.

You are now looking beyond objectivity to complain.

Unless you want to argue that you're literally a bigot and THAT'S why you dislike SJW, you have literally become what you hate.
>>
>>93332437
literally no one is attacking Marvel in this thread but you company wars faggots want to keep making it a thing

company wars should be punished by posting your IP and likely physical address on /k/.
>>
File: 1497493051208.jpg (43KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1497493051208.jpg
43KB, 329x353px
>>93332178
Not really. It was like a much darker captain america tbqh
And the first two cap movies dont follow the formula like other capeshit does.
>>
>>93332437
>>first successful movie
>>93332356
>>
>>93332071
I think it was substantially better than MoS because it has shown us the "fantasy" prologue without loud explosions and shit.

Story structure was better because of being by-the-numbers. Kal El didn't even feel like much of the protagonist in the early part of MoS while there was never a doubt about it in WW.

Overall IM1 is still the superior hero origin, but WW comes really close. 7.5 - 8 for me
>>
>>93332437

>follows the marvel formula to a tee

A three-act structure with some comedy?

Do you have any idea how broad the "MCU formula" argument has become?
>>
>>93332121
>Makes me very concerned for JL, though.

I did have that sad feeling of "I really want to see the further adventures of this character, but the next adventure she's in is pretty much guaranteed to suck."

>>93332125
I am surprised he delivered, because when he was brought on board, I was like, "great, they hired somebody who's written Wonder Woman before, but not even one of the good ones. It's some guy who wrote a forgettable Wonder Woman run that nobody liked." But it seems he gets the character and knows how to plot and pace.

>>93332178
People are saying that, but it doesn't really feel like that to me.

Like, with the comparisons to Captain America... I enjoyed that film, thought it was the best one of phase 1 (I mean, Iron Man 2 was a mess, The Incredible Hulk was a snoozefest, Iron Man 1 was also enjoyable), but I really feel like these are different kinds of films. Neither is a super realistic take on war, but Wonder Woman seems to address it more earnestly than Captain America does, touching on the messiness of it, the horrors of the injuries and the PTSD and the civilian casualties and the strife, the fact that it's not really so clear-cut as "good guys vs. bad guys" (though they could have done a better job at this, because despite having characters talk about it, it was pretty much Good Guy Allies vs. Bad Guy Germans),etc. Captain America felt a lot more sanitized in comparison.

I also feel like some MCU films have this tendency to set up themes for the characters to explore in the first two acts, which are later lost in the generic third-act climax. Wonder Woman keeps serving the theme in focus all the way through.

>>93332199
Snyder's fingerprints were definitely on the choreography and colour grading, but that probably has more to do with the studio wanting to keep some cohesiveness in their movies. The pacing, sequencing, little character moments, clear theme, and tight focus were totally un-Snyder.
>>
>>93332442
I only provided the context for why the threat they are talking about is seen as valid.

Don't get mad at me for simply giving you context, that's childish.

>when you're just pretending everyone reviewer and audience member is LYING about enjoying a movie.

I said no such thing, and I challenge you to show me where I did.

>It's a boogieman. Be afraid of it all you want, but the rest of us live in the real world.

You don't know what boogieman denotes, you should stop doing it.
>>
>>93332425
>The movie is literally about the power of feminine love overcoming masculine anger and hate.
>idea that feminism is and always has been an evil conspiracy to destroy the concept of white men
Sounds correctly.
>>
>>93332425
I agree with you. I meant it as what "feminist" is understood nowadays, which is what that guy was talking about. It's more old school feminism, like WW herself had, but if you merely mention the f word here they'll go all "REEEEEEEEEE" and you wouldn't even be capable of have a half decent argument.
And I don't think it's as simple as feminine love vs masculine anger because you had both a female as one of the main evil characters, and men were the ones that inspired WW in order to defeat Ares.
>>
File: 1496894691421.jpg (115KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496894691421.jpg
115KB, 250x250px
>>93332442
Just a tip, attacking people over things they didn't say isn't going to make them agree with you, it's just going to make people think you are totally unreasonable.
>>
File: 1496993780156.png (49KB, 351x124px) Image search: [Google]
1496993780156.png
49KB, 351x124px
>>93332367
Featuring an alpha white american man who massively assists in saving the world.
>>
>>93332444
Are you asking what does AoU means? That's Age of Ultron.
If you're asking what does that quote mean, try to read the entire sentence.
>>
>>93332455
>The film is objectively good.
Nope.
>The complaints against SJW are that they look beyond objectivity to complain.
Because..?
>Unless you want to argue that you're literally a bigot and THAT'S why you dislike SJW, you have literally become what you hate.
Of course, numale's opinion is very important...
>>
>>93332481

>some things about masculinity are bad
>THEY HATE MEN

It's not a zero-sum game.
>>
>>93332460
The cap movie being part of the MCU still makes it a MCU formula movie
>>
>>93332498
>alpha
>submissive histerycal sidekick
>white american
>jew
>white
>who massively assists in saving the world.
You mean killing white people?
>>
>>93332509
>masculinity are bad
Joss, please.
>>
>>93332504
What sort of argument is "because Age of Ultron"? How does that explain why it made money?
>>
>>93332479
>Don't get mad at me for simply giving you context, that's childish.
No, you're feeding me bullshit.

Don't be so overwhelmingly disingenuous. You're arguing "MAYBE THIS HAPPENED!" but we both know it didn't. You ARE implying reviewers are lying about how much they liked the movie due to feminist pressure, and even if we accept that, you have nothing to explain why audiences like the movie so much. Dude, any movie that pushes ANY political agenda won't keep getting seats in the theater unless there is a genuine interest in the movie as a movie.

I don't think you're doing much but wasting my time. I'm not going to reply to you again.
>>
File: fresh tomato.jpg (821KB, 1280x1165px) Image search: [Google]
fresh tomato.jpg
821KB, 1280x1165px
>>93332046
I wish she fought more. The attack on the trenches and the village was pure kino.
>>
It was a fine movie, definitely better than the previous DCEU ones
It had more than a few flaws (like Ares's identity being painfully obvious from the very beginning or Diana barely acknowledging the fact that she has super powers), but it still worked well, with most of the emotions feeling genuine
It's a shame that the third act dropped the ball hard, with Ares chewing the scenery like as hard as he could or WW's moment of truth feeling really ridiculous
>>
>>93332449
>In US only.
No, it's doing well overseas as well. It's already made more than Iron Man (and the two Thor and Hulk movies, and the first Captain America movie, etc.) and will likely end up above Iron Man 2 (it's only 10 million away) and close to Man of Steel (about 80 millions away).
>>
>>93332552
>No, you're feeding me bullshit.
Literally all I've done is tell you about an actual real life event, then defend myself from you repeatedly accusing me of saying things I never said and you literally cannot even point to me saying.

> You're arguing "MAYBE THIS HAPPENED!"
I literally gave you a direct example.

Here, you can just go here and see TONS of links about the event.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=James+rolfe+ghostbusters+controversy
>>
>>93332548
>but only 'cause AoU and most of all, BvS fooled a shitload of people into paying for a ticket on the opening weekend.

That's the whole sentence.
>>
>>93332183
Those sick bastards
>>
>>93332464
>I think it was substantially better than MoS because it has shown us the "fantasy" prologue without loud explosions and shit.
The art direction of Krypton was more memorable than Themyscera for me, so I disagree.
>>
>>93332563
There will be more time for fighting later, though sadly the sequel will probably be set in modern day.
>>
>>93332567
>No, it's doing well overseas as well.
Yeah, my bad.
>It's already made more than Iron Man (and the two Thor and Hulk movies, and the first Captain America movie, etc.)
Well, yeah after MCU makes superhero movies popular.
>and will likely end up above Iron Man 2 (it's only 10 million away) and close to Man of Steel (about 80 millions away).
And that's not impressive, lesser than DCEU, lesser than GotG 1&2 and lesser than Deadpool (R-rated, banned in China, much lower production and marketing budget)
>>
>company war autists

Let's recap a little for people who joined /co/ last weekend, this the official timeline for Wonder Woman
>trailers come out
>"AHAHAHAHAH SO SHIT OH MY GOD I CAN'T BREATHE ROTTEN TOMATOES IS GOING TO BURY THIS TURD"

>critics first reactions on twitter were overwhelmingly positive
>"fucking shills I swear, look at this review on IMDb saying it's shit without talking about the movie at all, damn this is going to be hilarious!!"

>embargo drops, WW has more praise than Logan and anything in the MCU since Avengers or so
>"fucking SJW shills this movie is SHIT audience scores are going to crush it lmao"

>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
>"h-heh well who cares it's still going to fucking BOMB look at this picture of an empty theater (I swear this retards were posting those pictures here lol)"

>WW crushes all predictions and opens at more than $100M, beating Iron Man 1, GotG, Doctor Strange, Logan, Winter Soldier and more
>"w-well until you see the DROP, 80% at least, DC is dead bury it consider this mercy etc etc"

>WW has one of the smallest drop for a CBM ever and the third weekend drop is even smaller
>on it's third weekend it's making more than Civil War and AoU (Avengers movies)
>it has already outgrossed Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange entire domestic runs after two weeks and it's making more money overseas than domestic so far while no released yet in Germany and Japan and other markets

This is why you see all this autistic screeching, don't be mad at them, you should feel pity
>>
>>93332582
They've very clearly already chosen to believe that that never happened, so they won't be looking at that link or looking it up independently.
>>
>>93332595
I hated Krypton. In part because they recapped everything important about Krypton to Clark later, meaning either scene could have been cut out, or both scenes could have been trimmed so that redundant information didn't waste screentime.
>>
File: orig[1].jpg (406KB, 2000x3483px) Image search: [Google]
orig[1].jpg
406KB, 2000x3483px
>>93332160
The general public fucking loved Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93332616
There's several fancuts of the movie that at a bare minimum remove at least 50-75% of the krypton sequence, if not all of it.

It was a frivolous waste of money.
>>
>>93332608
Are the BvS fags angry about it because it didn't have a huge drop after opening weekend?
>>
>>93332160
rofl
>>
>>93332608
>and other markets
US and China are only main markets.
>>
>>93332046
MoS and BvS were better. Face it: this movie was Snyder-lite with enough normie-bait to satisfy idiots like you. It's funny how so easily manipulable you people are. Snyder has you right where he wants you.
>>
>>93332464
>Overall IM1 is still the superior hero origin
Forgetting about based Raimi's Spider-man like that is punishable by death
>>
>>93332260
Dude, 10 years ago was before The Dark Knight and the MCU. We had Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins, maybe some X-Men movies, and that was the extend of good cape films. Everything else was Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Catwoman, etc. This would have been considered amazing 10 years ago. Even more amazing, because it would be unexpected and unprecedented, given that people wouldn't have seen the 52616 superhero films that came out within he past 10 years, some of which inevitably have some overlap in theme or plot or style with Wonder Woman.

>>93332235
Uh, why doesn't every single female-led action film get good reviews then? Plenty of them are shit and are known to be shit by everybody. What would you even accept as evidence that people like a female-led movie for reasons other than some political conspiracy?

>>93332305
I suspect that Snyder wrote a basic story, so they paid him for it and credited him, even though they didn't use it. There's probably some point in development where you just sort of pay and credit everybody who you commissioned any writing or story elements from so that, if they see something that looks similar to something they wrote, they can't claim that they looked at their work, and formally rejected it while still taking elements from it and not crediting the person who did the work.

>>93332338
What if the film DID have a political message?

Is art not allowed to have a political perspective? You've seriously never seen anything artistic and political? The film wasn't overtly political (if anything, Wonder Woman's zeal to intervene instead of abiding by formal treaties could be interpreted as advocating right-wing U.S. interventionism and militarism in the name of "human rights" that is outside of international norms and resolutions), but even if it were political, it would be stupid to say that automatically makes it bad.
>>
>>93332652
>What if the film DID have a political message?
That anon only likes when HIS political message is pushed in art. He's just a hypocrite, so don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1496453058239.jpg (462KB, 786x1669px) Image search: [Google]
1496453058239.jpg
462KB, 786x1669px
>>93332608
>>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
Geee I wonder, why none dares to cricize the movie
>>
>>93332608
Company war artists are so desperate that they circled back to Man of Steel shitposting because they literally have no other fuel and nothing better to do.
>>
>>93332604
>Well, yeah after MCU makes superhero movies popular.
Yeah, because they were so unpopular before.
And I didn't say it was the biggest hit in history or anything, I said it was doing well, which it is. There are movies that did better, but there are far more than did way worse.
And since you're mentioning production and marketing budget, you do know WW costed about half of what MoS and BvS did, yet it has already made more than half than what those movies made, therefore it's more successful by your own standards?
>>
>>93332652
>What if the film DID have a political message?
Then it should offere something else. Political message itself =/= quality
>>
>>93332665
>Geee I wonder, why none dares to cricize the movie
Because it was the best superhero movie since TDK or Iron Man, whichever came last
>>
>>93332626
It was Snyder being Snyder. He doesn't know how to tell a story, he just knows how to make stuff that "looks cool".
>>
>>93332669
>Yeah, because they were so unpopular before.
Well yep, none cares about super heroes in 90's except Batman.
Of course there were popular super-hero movies like Batman, Blade, Punisher, but only MCU turned genre into mainstream
>>
>>93332673
But the vast majority of people DID feel the film had more than just that. Which means you're the minority, so explain yourself. Are you pretending the movie had no merit simply because you disagree with it on some political level?
>>93332665
Here we go with the charts, infographs or whatever. These things only happen because they know no one is going to waste time to collect the mountain of contrary evidence that refutes their choice examples.
>>
It's basically the first Captain America film, but with two leads instead of one. And a few years to improve on what'd already been done.
So it was slightly better than the first Cap, ie 7.5 outta 10.
The higher ratings it gets are the extra point or so people give it for being a good capeflick with a female lead.
Saying it's shit and terrible etc is sour grapes of some kind and you're lying to yourself.
I didn't want to like this film by the way, because I don't like DC or Snyder. I was slightly disappointed that I did because I wanted to shitpost about it but it's honestly a perfectly fine modern capeshit.
>>
>>93332652
According to reports (I think it was an interview with Jenkins herself), Snyder insisted in the WWI setting and romance being an important part of the movie, and that was pretty much it. He also chose both Gadot as a lead and apparently also Jenkins as a director, so Snyder might be a good producer after all. All you gotta do is keep him away from the director's chair and the final screenplay.
>>
>>93332665
>regular people rated it as better than GotG because some of the guys involved in the production were jewish
How does it feel to be completely insane?
>>
>>93332665
>the jews
Try a new trick, /pol/
>>
>>93332698
>>93332071
>>93332464
What the fuck is up with "7.5 anon". Is it one guy, or a few unoriginal ones?
>>
>>93332046
The same could be said for Iron Man 1.

Remember, all Kevin Feige could do before this was make an Incredible Hulk movie with Ang Lee, they filmed with an unfinished script, and Robert Downey Jr. was known more for his drug problems than for his charismatic star-power. Apparently, everyone behind the scenes thought it'd be a colossal flop before the test screenings came back positive.

Basically, sometimes miracles happen. you get the right people on the right places, the right stars, and it can all work. I give a lot of credit to Patty Jenkins and Chris Pine and the writers for making this work (maybe Gal Gadot, but I'll need to see her in JL before I can say definitively). I'm sure having a woman star didn't hurt -- it was just the film audiences were dying to see after all-men Marvel films and a disappointing Ghostbusters.
>>
>>93332686
Yes, big budget blockbusters of the 90s were never mainstream, anon. The millions of dollars in merchandising and theme parks dedicated to superheroes was never mainstream.

Let's all pray to the statue of Robert Downey Jr for making superheroes a reality. Based RDJ.
>>
>>93332681
logan
doctor stange
civil war

all pretty much on the same level as WW now which is better i'd say that's personal taste, but definitely in the same range.

tdk and ironman where good, but not the latest good movies.

if you want to say WW was better than avengers 2, bvs, suicide squad, then i could agree. but pretending ironman/tdk was the last good movie, LOL.
>>
>>93332686
>but only MCU turned genre into mainstream
Yeah, because there was no Superman movie in the late 70s, no Batman movie in the late 80s/early 90s, no Spider-man and X-Men movies in the late 90s/early 00s, no TDK coming out the same year as Iron Man. It was all just cult movies for the initiated before MCU made it mainstream.
>>
>>93332722
Maybe it's really just a 7.5, anon.
Take heart that people here don't think it's a 9.2 or whatever the fuck rotten tomatoes says it is now, I guess.
>>
>>93332754
Rotten tomatoes says it's 7.5 for all critics, 7.7 for top ones.
>>
>>93332046
>Absolutely FUCKING AMAZING
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was good, but not amazing. It's DCEU's Antman, except instead of being a pleasant surprise amidst a plethora of already good and many better movies, it's the only good movie to come from DCEU's dumpster fire of a franchise.
>>
>>93332773
So anon just took the number from critics? Figures.
>>
>>93332683
>he thinks snyder wrote the script

it was fucking Goyer you dolt
>>
>>93332155
Snyder wrote the story and by all accounts is the reason it turned out the way it did. Go look at the art book.
>>
>>93332706
Huh. Maybe he would be a good producer. He has an eye for style (not all the time... sometimes it's just desaturated sludge, but overall, his films are more visually pleasing than MCU films), but he knows shit about character and themes and pacing and editing. He puts stuff in because "I mean, it's like, just awesome, man, like, I want people to say 'this is cool'" instead of "we really felt that it would underscore this idea we wanted to explore better if we made this choice instead of that choice."

>>93332724
Yeah, I did forget about Iron Man's off-kilter production, with all the improvisation and such. Pretty good observation, sometimes people can pull together something great on the fly.
>>
>>93332696
>But the vast majority of people DID feel the film had more than just that.
A lot of people eat in McDonalds/KFC, does it mean their food is good or healthy?
>Are you pretending the movie had no merit simply because you disagree with it on some political level?
Nope, because outside SJW-message it's borring and generic movie without anything interesting.
>. These things only happen because they know no one is going to waste time to collect the mountain of contrary evidence that refutes their choice examples.
Not an argument
>>93332708
>some of the guys involved in the production were jewish
>some
>>93332743
>no Batman movie in the late 80s/early 90s, no Spider-man and X-Men movies in the late 90s/early 00s,
>Of course there were popular super-hero movies like Batman, Blade, Punisher, but only MCU turned genre into mainstream
>>
>>93332807
>Maybe he would be a good producer.
Probably. There are a lot of ways Snyder can work for a film, just director isn't one of them. He needs someone who has a feel for characters and story, while he handles visuals.
>>
>>93332779
What film do you consider amazing then?
>>
>>93332799
I wasn't talking about the script, I was talking about making the film itself, the shit that the director is supposed to do. If he noticed something as redundant as what the other anon pointed out, he would've cut it either before shooting it (if he was smart) or in the editing room (if he had common sense). He did neither because he's so enamoured of his own ideas of what's "cool" that can't understand why nobody else likes his shit. That's why everything he made, except for 300 and Dawn of the Dead, either bombed or underperformed.
>>
>>93332724
I feel like Marvel caught the lighting in a bottle with that movie and they have been trying to repeat it ever since, but it never feels as genuine and organic. Wonder Woman felt genuine, that's one of the main reasons people are loving it so much besides being on par with Iron Man quality wise and way above the rest of the MCU. People were so used to assembly line paint by numbers shit that they are literally thankful for this movie
>>
>>93332822
>>Of course there were popular super-hero movies like Batman, Blade, Punisher, but only MCU turned genre into mainstream
But all those examples I mentioned were fucking mainstream. Since 89's Batman, we never got beyond 2 years without getting a big budget superhero film.
>>
>>93332822
>A lot of people eat in McDonalds/KFC, does it mean their food is good or healthy?
What? So now the film is "unhealthy"? Are you retarded. I'm not even going to read the rest of this shit, you're pathetic. I wouldn't believe someone so weak was on here unless it was summer.

Your attempt at an analogy doesn't even make sense. People didn't just "eat" the film, that's SEEING the movie. People saw MoS and BvS, and the numbers plummeted after the first weekend. People don't brag to their friends "holy shit, have you tried MCDONALDS?". Word of mouth kept Wonder Woman's numbers up. You COULD argue that DC movies have been so shit that a good movie appears amazing in comparison, but you're going to pretend everyone is going to see the movie week after a week because they just don't see what you see. Because you're so magical, anon.

It's really sad.
>>
>>93332822
>A lot of people eat in McDonalds/KFC, does it mean their food is good or healthy?
And we finally got to the point of the argument where somebody compares a cultural product with food.
Is there some sort of law about it, like Goodwin's? Because I swear it comes up every single time an argument goes for long enough.
>>
>>93332106
Really? I enjoyed the final action part. Not so much the fight against the guy she thought was aires or the trek across no mans land.

I should clarify I am far from a synderfag. Fuck synder.
>>
>>93332859
>You COULD argue that DC movies have been so shit that a good movie appears amazing in comparison
I wouldn't go that route either because normies don't give a fuck about Marvel and DC. The comparision for them would be ALL superhero movies
>>
I wonder if this means there's hope for non-Snyder DCEU films.

Like, I don't know what to think about Wan's Aquaman. Seems to be the breakout character of the trailers, people seem to like that he's a badass, but more of a "fun" badass than an "angsty Wolverine" badass. But I'm waiting to see if there will be any substance behind that, or if he will just be a walking "tough guy" stereotype.

It's kinda weird, because it's hard to tell what Aquaman comics they're pulling elements of this character from... he has the '90s Peter David look, but nothing I've seen from his mannerisms or the little info we know about him make me go, "yup, that's Aquaman." I have a suspicion that he'll essentially be an original character with Aquaman's character. But will he be an "original" original character? Who knows.

The Flash... I see no hope for the Flash. The project seems stalled, with directors bailing and scripts changing. What little I've heard about the direction of the project, if true, sounds like they are adapting the TV series rather than going to the comics (wheelchair guy at STAR labs helps me with shit but actually he's evil). And in the Justice League trailers, it just doesn't feel like "The Flash." It felt like they glanced at his Wikipedia page, read Barry's origin and gathered that he's kinda dorky, and they were like "okay he's our lovable plucky young hacker pop-culture-loving nerd Spider-Man guy." Like, they are just slotting each League member into a stock character position. "The badass one. The nerd one. The grumpy one." etc. Barry is a nerd, but he's not the kind of nerd they're making him. And the costume... dear god, why? It looks like they used the armour from that fighting game.

We know nothing about Green Lantern Corps, so hopefully that's good. Time will tell.
>>
>>93332883
McRib's Law?
>>
>>93332618
I agree that they did but to be fair with those numbers expectations were so low with wonder woman I expect there was little to drop off from. The dropoff was small because of all the praise it got bringing in the skeptical.
>>
>>93332046
Geoff Johns. That rumor guy (Umberto or something) said a about a year ago that the Johns era begins with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93332859
>So now the film is "unhealthy"?
Wiat. what? Nope, it was part of metaphor about the food.
But,,, you know what, may be it's even unhealthy, since modern feminism aren't healthy for society.
>>
>>93332906
It made more than $15M more than Logan and Doctor Strange in opening weekend. The drop is impressive because it did beat expectations for the opening weekend gross too
>>
>>93332275
Keep telling yourself that Snyderfag.
>I think Zack mostly had an influence in getting things back in order to be a good origin story, and then Geoff and I worked super closely to work on the script and the story and Zack was a great producer, but creatively they gave me the reins.
>>
>>93332883
Why did pointing this out become a meme only recently?
>>
>>93332910
>Nope, it was part of metaphor about the food.
Oh, so the metaphor was fucking stupid? You couldn't figure that out before you posted?

Go to bed. I'm gonna bed. Join me in bed, you slutty little anon.
>>
>>93332918
I stand corrected then.
>>
File: Wonder woman 2007.jpg (399KB, 611x792px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder woman 2007.jpg
399KB, 611x792px
>>93332046
it was an alright movie

but i kinda dislike how little attention previous animated movie receives despite being better
>>
>>93332922
Maybe people are so used to Hitler being the end of a real discussion, everyone started shifting forward food analogies that make no sense. It's an evolving process.
>>
>>93332926
>Oh, so the metaphor was fucking stupid?
Because..?
>Go to bed. I'm gonna bed. Join me in bed, you slutty little anon.
Sorry, not americuck
>>
>>93332906
No, it made more money than BvS and AoU did in their third weekend, meaning more people are watching WW by its third weekend than they did those other movies. Of course it won't make more than any of those, 'cause it didn't have the massive opening, but it's holding up better than most superhero films.
>>
>>93332890
I thought that the final fight scene was good because it still had storytelling and conflict playing out throughout it. Too many action films treat action scenes like an interruption to the plot, where the arc isn't being moved forward. We just see people hitting each other, and the plot resumes when the fight ends.

Story was moving forward all throughout the fight.

My criticism would be that it had that "hero is subdued and defeated, but then becomes emotionally enflamed, and somehow pure emotion gives you more power" trope. It didn't really explain what turned the tide of the battle. She was just like "okay, I'm going to hit him harder than last time even though I was hitting him with all my might last time because actually I have more might than that I guess." Resolutions to fight scenes make more sense when it's not a case of "I was trying really hard, but then I tried really REALLY hard, and then I won," but rather, the hero has to do something different to make a difference. Like Iron Man exploiting Iron Monger's vulnerability to low temperatures at high altitudes, instead of just winning by "okay I'm gonna punch him really hard this time."
>>
>>93332936
That got fucked because WB didn't want to market it at all. Though, honestly, some of the direct to video movies right before it came out sucked, so it was a turning point back to really good stuff. So it was good before everyone realized the movies were back to being really good.

You could get it for 5 bucks in a bin a few years back, but the price jumped back up once the live action movie was announced.
>>
>>93332922
I've been seeing this for over 5 years, easily. Any argument about piracy, for instance, would always end up with somebody saying you wouldn't eat food and not pay for it and shit like that.
>>
>>93332883
>Because I swear it comes up every single time an argument goes for long enough.
You can use any other example, AAA-games, popular brends
>>
>>93332936
I see this movie and First Flight get a lot of praise, but none of them really do it for me. They just feel... too quick and linear, with not a lot of time to explore things. Like, First Flight doesn't do anything like examine how being summoned to Oa and assuming his duties as GL interferes with Hal's personal life. Not a lot about his personal relationships. It's really just stripped down to "Hal meets Sinestro; Sinestro is actually evil; Hal has to beat Sinestro."

Similarly, I feel like Wonder Woman doesn't explore a lot of Diana learning about the outside world, the interactions between the gods, etc. It's just kinda "Aries is on the loose. I guess he's at the White House. Lets go to the White House. Let's fight him." It just feels like the movies are really constrained and you don't get the feeling of there being a wider world beyond what's in the frame.
>>
>>93332994
>"Aries is on the loose. I guess he's at the White House. Lets go to the White House. Let's fight him."
This is not what happens in the film at all. She guesses Ares would be in the front, because that's what makes more sense for her since that's where the war is fought, but she's proven otherwise.
>>
>>93332950

>Story was moving forward all throughout the fight.

It was, but the actual fight itself had the same CGI fire/smoke visual style of the Doomsday BvS fight but worse, and we had to deal with David Thewlis and his dumb moustache poorly composited on a gigantic CGI body while screaming Skelator-tier villainous proclamations.

He was far more interesting as a Lucifer-esque seducer and manipulator then he was as a bad God of War boss.
>>
>>93332838
>>93332616
????

It's not redundant. The first time is us witnessing it, the second time is us seeing Clark's reaction to those things.
The first time is visceral, the second time is emotional.
>>
>>93332184
>God of war in all his might durring one of the largest war in human history
>looks like liberal hipster with tiny anglo mustache
>>
>>93332895
For flash I am more worried about the lightening. It is bearable in his cameos but it is going to be a pain in the arse over a full feature length film.

Which reminds me. One of the few things I will say in synders favor is he understands the concept of speed force ain't gotta explain shit,
>>
>>93332826
Objectively, an amazing film is Amazing Spider-Man
>>
>>93332895
>I wonder if this means there's hope for non-Snyder DCEU films.
Most likely nope.
Aquaman might flop, well because it's Momoa.
Flash, the second director dropping the project because of Miller.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>93332838
>He did neither because he's so enamoured of his own ideas of what's "cool" that can't understand why nobody else likes his shit.
What if I think it was cool?
It is still redundant if it serves its purpose for me?
Because you only find it redundant because to you, the opening sequence isn't cool and therefore can just be told in dialogue later right?

I smell subjectivity as opposed to your accusation of poor filmmaking.
>>
>>93333080
>Aquaman might flop
You guys will never learn, will you?
>>
>>93332187
>power-fanatsy

Of course it is. She's not a role model, she's a power fantasy. That's okay.
>>
>>93332271

>Wonderwoman
>Doesn't appeal to men

It's a comic book movie, it appeals to men. Only feminist retards would think this is a "woman's movie", celebrating a non-victory.
>>
>>93332183
>By making a film manchildren like
FTFY
>>
>>93333087
>You guys will never learn, will you?
Unlike WW, SS and BvS Aquaman doesn't have any strong marketing points, literally who character.
>>
Why is it there is always a butthurt tumblr dickwad like >>93332271 ready to turn an argument into a shitty strawman?
Is this genuine stupidity or is it some troll tactic? I can't tell anymore.
>>
>>93333212
>literally who character.
Literally the most liked character of the JL's trailer. If they make him the sarcastic dudebro he looks like in the trailers, he's going to be the next Harley Quinn normie icon by the time his movie gets to theaters
>>
>>93333237
I thought the narrative was that no one liked the JL trailer?
I can't keep up.
>>
>>93332950
Agreed on both points
>>93333051
I think I liked it because it felt like a fight against a god in a game of d&d. In particular the manipulation of the ground.
>>
>>93332967
>Though, honestly, some of the direct to video movies right before it came out sucked
???

Wonder Woman was literally only third movie DVD movie, only preceded by New Frontier and Death of Superman adaptations
>>
>>93333237
>Literally the most liked character of the JL's trailer.
What? Got a source?
>If they make him the sarcastic dudebro he looks like in the trailers, he's going to be the next Harley Quinn normie icon by the time his movie gets to theaters
Momoa cannot act, so I very doubt in "dudebro", most likely shitton of fake-test.
>>
>>93333436
>Momoa cannot act
He's fine on Stargate Atlantis, which you've never seen. Michael Dorn tier.
>>
>>93333436
>What? Got a source?
Yes, real life.
>Momoa cannot act
Neither Gadot or Evans and here we are
>>
>>93332665
Charles Roven has produced pretty much every DC movie since Green Lantern.
>>
>>93333453
>Gadot
Have a strong SJW-marketing.
>Evans
1) more popular character
2) First movie didn't made a lot of money
>>
>>93333495
>Have a strong SJW-marketing.
That's why Ghostbuster made a billion right?
>>
>>93333212
MCU is built on Literally Who's. The two characters they made movies about who could be considered A-list are Captain America and the Hulk.

Yet a movie about Ant-Man and a movie about a talking space raccoon are considered standouts.

You don't always need brand recognition.
>>
>>93333508
Yes.
>>
>>93332265
Well, in movieverse they're pretty identical. Both characters are people of conviction, both have their conviction tested, they both love their shields, they're fighting germans even if Wondy is ww1, and they both have a team of unusual commandos to help them. Hell, in both there's a Steve riding a motorcycle.
>>
>Make thread about movie
>Get SJW-scare posts and company wars
>Everybody who likes what I don't like is a shill
>Everybody who doesn't like what I like is too dumb to understand it

I think it's cool that some people like and some people don't like it, but I really wish we could discuss that without "YOU'RE A MARVELDRONE/DC ZOMBIE" or automatically assuming that the person with a different opinion from yours has an agenda or is playing for a team.
>>
>>93333508
Ghostbusters was unknown for most of people, just some old movie popular among the nerd, while WW was "first feminist superhero movie from feminist director"
>>
>>93334087
>Ghostbusters was unknown for most of people
Holy shit /ourgal/ is really doing a number on you guys. You're one oscar away from suicide right now
>>
>>93334245
>/ourgal/
Back to tumblr, jew
>u mad, u mad!
Not an argument
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.