[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are these games for someone who isn't a huge gamer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: kingdomhearts1.5.jpg (835KB, 1419x1920px) Image search: [Google]
kingdomhearts1.5.jpg
835KB, 1419x1920px
How are these games for someone who isn't a huge gamer, but is a huge Disney fan? I'm not very good at something like, say, a Halo or Final Fantasy, but the idea of some sprawling Disney multiverse with a complex plot really intrigues me.
>>
File: 3c8.jpg (37KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
3c8.jpg
37KB, 500x389px
>>93327979
Give it a try anon. Start from the beginning and see if you like it. These games get a strong recommendation from me.
>>
>>93328107
What's the game-play like?
>>
they're fun games, but i gotta say i stopped caring about the story once they started introducing really bullshit plot elements in the 3DS game

the whole multiverse thing still really appeals to me though
>>
>>93327979
The multiverse aspects don't really come into play. Because of branding reasons, the Disney characters never interact with each other.

As for the complex plot, the plot isn't complex so much is it complicated. There's a lot of fine details that make the plot hard to follow but unsatisfying.
>>
>>93327979
Gameplay-wise, they`re pretty fun.
Just don`t expect a masterpiece in the writing/VA department.
>>
>>93328155
Its a jrpg but its not super heavy on the reading. The combat consists of real time fights. Game was made in 2002 so be a bit forgiving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1FH2fVJT8
I've been playing since the original game came out when I was in elementary school on the ps2. I've played every game. That is to say, there are flaws, like platforming in the first game.
>>
>>93327979
>How are these games for someone who isn't a huge gamer, but is a huge Disney fan?
You tick both the boxes.
>>
>>93328155
In the main games, you just run around and swing your "sword" at enemies. There's also magic, but you can go through the game just running up and swinging at nearly everything.

In the spin-offs, there's usually some variation of the Fucking Card System. The Fucking Card System puts a menu in the bottom corner of your screen that you need to constantly watch and scroll through to do anything. You CAN just use your "sword" (in most of them), but it does such a pitiful amount of damage that you're forced to use the annoying menu. Why they didn't just let you shortcut those skills to buttons instead of fucking around with the menu, I don't know.
>>
>>93327979
Not for everyone but keep an open mind and they can be some truly endearing games. Plus the gameplay is fun enough if you like simplicity and timing.
>>
>>93327979
You're pretty much their target demo. Enjoy.
>>
>>93327979
The story gets progressively sillier, so I just relish it for what it is: not a serious game. But fuck me if they aren't fun.
I even like Days, which a lot of people think its bad, mainly because its the only one that handles character interaction pretty well, despite being shoehorned in. Its in a movie format in the collection, because ti was a bad-looking DS game.
The gameplay changes up from game to game enough that you don't feel that it bores you, often times I miss playing one game or the other for this reason.
Be prepared to be surprised sometimes though, Chain of Memory (the game between Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2) is VERY different, turnign from an action-RPG with combos and slight metroidvania-platforming-collectible elements, to basically a 3D action card game. It gets dope once you get into it though. Don't be afraid to look at guides online. It really helped me to look into comments from lets plays of people giving major tips on how the game worked. My second favorite in the saga, and they say the GBA version is better, which you can test out for yourself if you want.
>>
How can you not be good at Final Fantasy? It's fucking mindless.
>>
>>93327979
>>93330292
I've been coming back to the series these past years, and yeah dude, Final Fantasy is super simple. Just Haste your party up and boost attack/m. attack of your party enough and you just got a set up you can do forever.
Also, stop running from random battles. This also helps with Kingdom Hearts, since doing the post-content in all games is extremely recommended.
Oh, also, play 1 and 2 on highest difficulty. Lowest requirements to get extra secret stuff + these games are literally for children. Hard for Birth By Sleep (not CRITICAL). Normal for Chains and Dream Drop Distance (2.8 collection)
>>
>>93327979
They don't have much to do with Disney. Disney is the setting, not the plot. Also, you have to really enjoy sprawling bullshit metal gear-style stories.

>>93328155
It's a hack-n-slash.
>>
>>93330433
>Disney is the setting, not the plot
>The vast majority of characters in said plot are Disney characters
>>
File: 1465693568910.jpg (17KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
1465693568910.jpg
17KB, 249x242px
>>93327979
>complex plot
>>
>>93328107

I would say start at 2 instead. Starting at the first game in a series will invariably start you with the roughest and most unpolished version of the game. The earlier you get in this series the more useless any spell that isn't cure or lightning is, the more clunky the combat system can get because there's no reaction commands, forms, or anything beyond "hit this enemy weak spot with a combo and dodge their attack", and the more you deal with rougher versions of concepts like movement.

The original isn't necessarily a bad game. It's just that the sequel is more in line with what Kingdom Hearts ultimately became "about" and how the gameplay progressed.
>>
File: 1486948470716.jpg (197KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486948470716.jpg
197KB, 1024x1024px
Pretty fun.
>>
>>93327979
You like Power Rangers or anime? Lids anime. Think filler Naruto woth occassional black/white morality that tries to talk about a spooky new concept of GRAAAAAAY. Oooooh.
>>
>>93327979
Dude. They manage to get most of the original voice actors. Imagine playing in a Hercules world where James fucking Woods is giving you the business. Imagine playing a rhythm game where the original Ariel sings Part of your world. Gilbert Gottfried cameos
>>
>>93327979
From a pure Disney point of view, it's honestly really meh. There's no crossover to speak of, as every world is closed off in its own bubble so only the main characters and main villains are wandering around (the exceptions being the Disney chars who live in Traverse Town/Radiant Garden, but that's like five people).
Then the worlds plots usually go two ways: either it's about dealing with the Heartless fucking around, or it's a straight retelling of the movie but with an anime kid and his cartoon duck and dog pals. And worse, because of game limitations and their complete refusal to have generic NPC for some reason, so every world is empty as all hell (it gets REALLY awkward in scenes that had large crowds in the original, like the ending of Mulan in 2 or SANCTUARY in 3D)

They are fun to play, though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.