[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit this was the best comic i've ever read. why doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: background.jpg (59KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
59KB, 633x537px
holy shit this was the best comic i've ever read. why doesn't anyone recommend earth x anymore?
>>
>>93312745
I mean it's good but it's not exactly the first thing you recommend to new beginners.
Heck even I had some problems near the end with all the thought of existence thing.
>>
File: img.jpg (232KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
232KB, 1024x683px
>>93312745
>Written by Alex Ross
>Just written
There's your answer.
>>
>>93312794
i wish the celestial plan idea would be canon - it's a great explanation for marvels
>>
>>93312816
I think he came up with the idea but he didn't write any of the issues, did he?
>>
>>93312832
Co-creator and cover artist/character design.
>>
>>93312745
You probably haven't read a lot of comics then.
>>
File: f8dba6978f67cad4702795f21bbc4b40.jpg (109KB, 736x1140px) Image search: [Google]
f8dba6978f67cad4702795f21bbc4b40.jpg
109KB, 736x1140px
Storytime anyone?

Ross initially did the designs for wizard magazine.
>>
>>93312940
I would if I didn't have to pay to get the 30s cooldown we used to have for free. No way am I taking 4 hours to dump 10 issues.
>>
>>93312745
I thought it was kind of shit desu. Glad you liked it, I suppose.
>>
>>93313009
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>93312940
>Storytime

The story is long than a motherfucker
>>
>>93312745
I want to hoard awareness of thick middle aged Jean Madeline
>>
>>93312745
redpill me on it, I know nothing about Earth 10
>>
>>93313105
I thought the philosophical sparring with Uatu was too overdone (and it wasn't that good to begin with: the dialogue seemed to be trying to ape Kirby and not really getting there), and the attempts at building tension with the whole "I know something you don't know, but stop asking" got stale very quickly. Characters like Franklin and Spider-Man's daughter were one-dimensional and the epilogue also seemed kind of tacked on.
There were some interesting ideas (like Namor), but they just kind of fell flat because the story was decompressed in all the wrong places. I suppose my biggest issue would have to be the pacing, now that I think about it: so much of the story was dominated by Aaron and Uatu having their predictable back-and-forth while an interesting "what-if" played out before moving on to the next scene.
>"but Watcher, this isn't how things should be"
>"Oh robot, you're so naive, just shut up and watch"
>>
>>93312745
i tried to read the first chapter but i found it difficult to understand because i read it in english and it's not my first language,and i found it surprising because i never had any issues in 8 years that i read comic in english,so does the other chapters are more "easy" or "worst"?
>>
>>93312745
because most people think its the same as Kingdom come because they both tackle the ''new generation of heroes vs old generation'' theme but KC makes it the main plot while in Earth X much bigger things are going on
i like it better than KC if not only for the fact that it has less ''oh the 90's are so shit my heroes where much better'' in your face
>>
The heroic saving throws from Black Bolt, Tony and Loki were all incredible.
>>
>>93312940
Dude, that's a LONG time, and that's only if someone does the 1st book.
>>
>>93313975

Namor's badass (if futile) boast: "The sea will be your grave."
>>
>>93313593

Uatu's characterization seemed... well, it was so discordant with how he usually is.
>>
>>93312817
It is canon now. There were even stories centered around it.
>>
File: RCO019_1468913392.jpg (757KB, 975x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_1468913392.jpg
757KB, 975x1500px
>>93313242
h o w or w h y

>>93313574
At this point, one of the many alternate future stories that barely matter. I don't know if it's gritty, but it shows a take on heroes after going through some shit, and where there's plenty of inhumans and mutants around, meaning that most of the ones we know are just relics of the past at this point.

It's really hard for me to describe it without spoiling shit, but it's pretty well worth a read.
>>
>>93312816
Considering how long it is, it would've probably took forever for him to draw all of it.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a sort of reboot, with the same dialogue, but drawn by Sorrentino.
>>
>>93315070
Why, because as anons grow older they may come to appreciate the wisdom of Ben Franklin and come to in turn appreciate chubby women of a certain age and if I don't recommend it they won't waifu her...look I was making a joke about coveting a waifu. It doesn't have to make sense.
>>
>>93312745
I recommend it everytime someone asks for Marvel recs. Dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>93315409
>making excuses before even finishing the joke

It's okay anon, there's all kinds of weird kinks here.
>>
>>93315070
Earth X is the rightest Scott has ever been
>>
>>93312745
its pretty good, but its really convoluted and kind of up its own ass.
>>
File: earthx_tradecover_full.jpg (23KB, 390x575px) Image search: [Google]
earthx_tradecover_full.jpg
23KB, 390x575px
>>93312745
Welcome to the club, anon. Earth X is easily in my TOP 3.

I love how explain all the marvels and give a coherent end for the marvel universe. Also, I like the secuential narrative, it's perfect for the tone of the comic.
>>
>>93314273
That too. I can forgive it being an Alt U., but I'm pretty sure it's implied that it's the same Watcher.
>>
>>93312745
My Mugga
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.