[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading this and I haven't exactly read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 96c502e05c4cf02a089f5b4599817ebe.jpg (199KB, 736x1147px) Image search: [Google]
96c502e05c4cf02a089f5b4599817ebe.jpg
199KB, 736x1147px
I just finished reading this and I haven't exactly read that many comics to begin with in my life. Let me ask this very simple question: What in the hell is up with this ADHD pace?
>It's Spidey, we gotta introduce Spidey.
>Okay, we did the setup, now do Venture.
>Actually, now it's time for this samurai guy.
>Okay, wait, do the Vulture.
>You know what, The Vulture is old news, make some religious cult for old superheroes and have him deal with them for an issue or two.
>Put them to the side, we have to have him fight Siege.
>No wait, it's been one issue, how have him deal with Thanatos.
>That lasted two issues, we need to deal with these folks at the church.
>Actually, he had an adventure with The Punisher and his band of misfits and knows Doctor Doom now.
>No wait, now we have Bloodhammer
>Been an issue, now his AI Marilyn Monroe wants him dead.
>Okay, now it's time to visit his old teacher with his old girlfriend for drama except it's time to be Mad Max.
>No wait, now it's time to fight Flipside.
>Actually, forget Flipsdie was alive at the end of the last chapter, Doctor Doom is president now and Miguel owns Alchemax.
>Here's Venom now for a whopping three volumes with added momma drama.
>Okay, now that you've had all this drama here's also some random guy who believed in Spider-man before dying as well.
>and a Strange crossover.
>Now it's time for Green Goblin and Vulture to team up because ?????? except Gabri seems to think Miguel is a fraud now corrupted by working at Alchemax and the Vulture is there to say he won't work with Gabri?
>Okay, fish people now.
>Actually, fish people but now one of them is taken over by Venom who we don't see again and Grabri turns in the Green Goblin clothes to Jessica.
>Okay, fish people again but for some reason Venom isn't part of their gang and now it's the Green Goblin who is Gabri again with the span of two pages and is okay with killing Jessica.
>Tune in to Fantastic 4 to get an ending.
I feel like I have whiplash.
>>
>>93311788
It's before decompression and dragging out every basic plot to 8 issues.
>>
>>93312030
But it gives you no time to retain anything at all. Massive events happen at the drop of a hat with no explanation and new characters emerge without any lead up at all. Hell, if I want to actually finish the story and get closure I apparently have to read all of the other 2099 series, then read 2099 Manifest Destiny on top of another 2099 series that has everyone in it, and it still barely explains how certain events took place.

Hell, they kept adding in characters from different series you're expected to know about like every three issues and then build massive plot points around them.
>>
>>93312056
Marvel was trying to ham-fist an entirely new timeline. It's very much a product of it's era.
>>
>>93311788
>>93312056
It's actually very slow paced compared to older comics. You're just used to bad/rambling storytelling.
>>
>>93312112
>compared to older comics
Older comics aren't trying to tell an overarching story (At least from what I've read) with massive worlds, they're just meant for fun and single adventures you can easily follow. Spider-man 2099 was very much about multiple major characters, events, and major events that get thrown at the wall to see what sticks. Hell, it's like 40ish pages of anything happening and usually half of that is Miguel rambling about absolutely nothing important.
>>
Every page matters.

It's concise storytelling, not "ADHD."
>>
>>93311788
The pacing is actually kind of slow. I love the comic, though.

You're too used to newer comics where everything is 10 issues long.
>>
>>93312948
That's the thing though, this, Noir, and a couple of the classic Spidey and classic Batman comics are all I have read in my lifetime. I have no new comic influence whatsoever, it felt like it was going a mile a minute with every single plot point. If this is considered "slow" then how in the world are 10 issues per storyline considered "fast"?
>>
If you like this check out Peter David's Supergirl, which was written around the same time, or David's X-Factor which was written 10 years later.
>>
>>93312948
>You're too used to newer comics where everything is 10 issues long.
Man this is so true. Keeping up with modern comics is such a chore unless you read them in retrospect. The current Venom like most books is like torture, it's like 6 issues or some bullshit in and we've only begun to move past the "introduction" stage
>>
>>93311788
>>Actually, fish people but now one of them is taken over by Venom who we don't see again and Grabri turns in the Green Goblin clothes to Jessica.
>>Okay, fish people again but for some reason Venom isn't part of their gang and now it's the Green Goblin who is Gabri again with the span of two pages and is okay with killing Jessica.

PAD didn't write those parts, and he never intended Gabe to be Goblin.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.