[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best Batman movie and probably the best cape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: batman.jpg (76KB, 655x492px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
76KB, 655x492px
This is the best Batman movie and probably the best cape movie ever made
>>
>>93307843
It's a fine movie, but you'd be hard-pressed to call it a Batman movie, considering he's the least important part of the film.
>>
Definitely the best of the four movies from that era.
I like Nolan's movies and BvS too much to call Returns the best, but it's up there.
GOAT Catwoman.
>>
>>93307873
The best Batman movies and comics don't focus on Batman.

Rather the best stories come from putting the focus on his Villains Gallery, and their far more interesting and varied pasts and personalities.
>>
It's certainly the best Batman parody I've seen.
>>
>>93307982

>Shaman
>Gothic
>TDKR
>Year One

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>93308017
Sucking that BatGod dick.
>>
>>93307843
I prefer the '89 one.
>>
>>93308043
Nothing written by Frank Miller is good.

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House, on Serious Earth
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight movie
>>
I discovered I had a latex fetish through this movie.
>>
>>93308043
Sucking that BatGod dick.
>>
If B&R didn't exist it'd be the shittest batflick.
>>
DAT FUCKING OST THOUGH, GODDAMN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoynGFWsVcI
>>
>>93308077
>Nothing written by Frank Miller is good.
alright let's calm down a little
>>
>>93308077

>Nothing written by Frank Miller is good.

Fresh from /r/comicbooks I see.
>>
>>93308249
His Robocop 2 comic was shit. Hard Boiled is the Down and Dirty Duck of comics (shit).

300 is historically inaccurate and homophobic.

ASBAR is Frank Miller arguing for Fascism.

The Dark Knight Strikes Again was the most incoherent piece of trash ever.

His take on the Spirit movie was a complete failure as an adaptation.

The Sin City comics is Frank Miller's drunken stream of consciousness gone amok.

The Dark Knight Returns isn't that great, and if you have read the Dark Knight III: The Master Race, the ending is arguably Frank Miller admitting he was wrong.

Year One did nothing but retcon Catwoman into a hooker.
>>
>>93308249

>300 is historically inaccurate and homophobic.

Stopped right there. Go cry on your blog about how insensitive Mr. Miller is and how that makes you angwy >:(.
>>
@93308367
lazy
>>
>>93308367
>Year One did nothing but retcon Catwoman into a hooker.
I'm pretty sure it made Jim Gordon into more than just a goofy goober who goes around sweeping up the crooks Batman nails
>>
File: Wonderland.png (20KB, 143x134px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderland.png
20KB, 143x134px
>>93308395
Oops, looks like some one can't argue for shit with someone who actually reads comics.
>>
>>93308416
Batman TAS did the same thing, and that had a far wider audience.
>>
>>93308367
>300 is historically inaccurate and homophobic
Neither of those are indicative of quality.
>ASBAR is Frank Miller arguing for Fascism
Also not indicative of quality, just insanity.
>The Sin City comics is Frank Miller's drunken stream of consciousness gone amok
They were also both very entertaining and visually spectacular.
>Year One did nothing but retcon Catwoman into a hooker
We'll now you're just being factually inaccurate for the sake of your argument.
>>
>>93308469
bingo
>>
>>93308367

Wow this is just embarrassing. Do yourself a favor anon and just leave the thread.
>>
File: GORDON2.jpg (47KB, 464x348px) Image search: [Google]
GORDON2.jpg
47KB, 464x348px
>>93308455
I'm pretty sure you're trolling at this point, because the issue is what Miller has contributed with his works not which was more popular.

Gordon would've potentially stayed in the model of the Batman 66 formula if Miller hadn't come along.
>>
>>93308455

A children's cartoon was more popular than a comic book? You don't say.

Also it came like 5 years later lol....jesus.
>>
>>93308455
Pretty sure batman TAS wouldn't have if it weren't for TDKR and year one. Even the films up until that point had Gordon as a bumbling fool.
>>
>>93308513
Arguing that there was something wrong with1966 Jim Gordon.

Nothing about that show is bad, just good fun.

There is a reason Batman 66 was the way there was: Politics. It was a reactionary tone change caused by the backlash against comic books being viewed as immoral and depraved.
>>
>>93307843

Take your nostalgia goggles off, it's a shit movie
>>
>>93308560
Tim Burton had cast Billy Dee Williams as Mayor Harvey Dent.

Your point?
>>
>>93308367
You didn't even mention Ronin you retarded piece of shit.
>>
File: Gordon-Article-4.jpg (100KB, 1030x552px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon-Article-4.jpg
100KB, 1030x552px
>>93308620
No one said anything is wrong with Batman 66

But that incarnation of Jim Gordon (and the Jim Gordon who existed prior to Year One) was a one-note character in the vein of Perry White as opposed to the fleshed out guy who is integral to Batman's function we get afterwards.
>>
>>93307843
>best batman movie
yes
>best cape movie
No
>>
>>93308678
didn't read it, didn't bring it up.

Why, is it any good? I'll read it if you recommend it.
>>
>>93308704

It's good, which means you probably won't like it.
>>
>>93308637
Point being that books Iike year one and TDKR influenced the animated series, and if it weren't for those books the jim Gordon of TAS would have probably been a lot different and not as good.

Was my comment that difficult to understand?
>>
>>93308710
Do you recommend it? Yes or No.
>>
>>93308739

I literally said it's good you fucking idiot. If that isn't indicative of a recommendation to you then you have bigger problems at hand than not having read a particular comic book.
>>
>>93308768
All I needed was "it's good." Leave out the passive aggressive jabs. It undermines your affirmative recommendation.
>>
File: Cheers_M8.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Cheers_M8.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>93308792
I should do the same because I'm trolling.

Sorry everyone.
>>
File: BatmanRobin.jpg (162KB, 977x768px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanRobin.jpg
162KB, 977x768px
>>93307843
That's not Batman & Robin
>>
>>93308629
Thank you, someone needed to say this. The only good thing about batman returns is the score.
>>
>>93307843
It would have been a perfect movie if it didn't have Penguin.
>>
That's not The Dark Knight
>>
>>93308043
Year One's more of a Jim Gordon story than a Batman one.
>>
>>93311097

Jim Gordon is a large chunk of the book, but it's still def a Batman story.
>>
>>93309070
I too could have watched Michelle Pfeiffer in a body suit for an hour and a half
>>
>>93307843
Objectively true
>>
>>93308430
you got shitty taste in comics but good taste in your /mu/
>>
>>93308620
>It was a reactionary tone change caused by the backlash against comic books being viewed as immoral and depraved.
Well, no, im fairly sure it wasn't as the code and Wethram's book was early 50's.

Sure that is what caused the comics to change, and then lead onto the shows influence, but it certainly wasn't what was directly responsible for the shows campiness.
>>
>>93308367
Sin City was pretty good.

300 being completely retarded shit is right though. Typical retarded American unhistorical fuckcunted cancer shite.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.