[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie doesn't make sense unless you have at least some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 25

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
This movie doesn't make sense unless you have at least some of the Ultimate Cut footage.

Why didn't WB release the 3 hour version?
The theatrical cut of Return of The King was 3 hours and 20 minutes so it was doable.

Also, the most recent Batman movie (TDKR) was still 15 minutes longer than the theatrical cut of BvS.
BvS theatrical is 2 hours 30 minutes.
TDKR theatrical is 2 hours 45 minutes.

You could easily add even just half of the ultimate cut footage in for a 2 hour 45 minute cut of BvS and it would still help immensely.

Lex's machinations throughout the movie are so much less jumbled in the ultimate cut.
>>
>>93307005
To make it PG13

Lower rating = more kids under 17 can go without an adult

Teenagers going to see a movie = money

Target demographic: children, manchildren, and millenials
>>
>>93307074
Fuck, you're right and I was just thinking about that the other day but forget to put it in the OP post.

The ultimate cut of BvS is rated R for some reason.
>>
>>93307098
forgot*
>>
>>93307005
I feel missing footage is the least of this film's issue. The style is watered down. No one is likeable. The antagonist is horrible and is nothing more than a Joker rip off. Nothing about this seems to say we are watching heroes, this is why you should like them. It does the exact opposite. Filters, so many fucking filters to keep it dark and bleak. A dumb reason for them to stop fighting. Luis and her sudden knowledge on how to stop Doomsday. Drears that were not needed in this film, at all. Horrible dialouge. Fucking Ben Affleck.

It had some good fight scenes and visuals, but that's not enough to save it. Nor is 30 minutes of extra footage.
>>
A producer watched the movie and knew that no way in hell people were going to watch that 3 hour shitfest multiple times. He was right because IMO the Ultimate Cut makes the movie worse.
>>
>>93307113
Eh, I disagree. I find this tone in a Superhero film to be so unusual and unlikely to happen again that I savor it.
BvS doubled down on the grit of MoS and dropped the stupid shit like
>I just think he's kinda hot
>>
>>93307146
>He was right because IMO the Ultimate Cut makes the movie worse.
explain pls

Also, I pop in my blu ray often so that producer was wrong.
>>
>>93307146
>>93307164
Please explain, i'm interested.
>>
>>93307005
>This movie doesn't make sense unless you have at least some of the Ultimate Cut footage.
>How to spot a pleb 101
>>
>>93307074
What were the things that could make it R?

The two kiss kissing at the bridge?, THAT's IT?
>>
>>93307438
I mean, I don't give a shit about plot so I was fine with the theatrical cut. But the plot is much less murky in the ultimate cut for sure.
>>
>>93307164
>He thinks an autist watching his blu ray multiple times for free is the same as normies paying a buttload of money to go to the theater every time

Also the Ultimate Cut just shows how mismanaged the movie is. It makes me sit even longer through a bad movie. BvS is like getting a shitty steak with a chunk missing. The UC is like the waiter bringing you that chunk. Sure the steak is whole but now you have to swallow it all.
>>
>>93307493
wha?
Everyone who went would still have gone.
Who looks at the runtime of a movie before going to the theater?
>>
>>93307005
Because Return of the King and Rises were actually good films. Even with the full UE cut of BvS the film is still fucking terrible.

At least with the shorter cut theaters were able to get more screenings in before word got out about how bad the film was.
>>
>>93307523
>Rises were actually good films.
Is that the narrative now?
I didn't get the memo.
>>
>>93307005
>This movie doesn't make sense unless you have at least some of the Ultimate Cut footage.
It really does. Just not if you're an idiot.
>>
>>93307520
Do you even Hollywood?

Theatrical releases rely on two big things: Repeat viewings and repeat showings. A long movie can't be played as many times during the day as a shorter movie. People aren't gonna want to watch a bad 3 hour film multiple times and they'll be less likely to recommend it to their friends.

>"Yeah I saw BvS it sucked."
>"Was the fight at least good? I think I'll watch just for that."
>"It's ok but that shit is like 3 hours long and they dont fight until 2 hours into the movie."
>"Fuck that, I'll pass."
>>
>>93307855
>>"It's ok but that shit is like 3 hours long and they don't fight until 2 hours into the movie."
They probably already were saying this though.
2 and a half hours is still long. They should have just let the longer cut speak for itself.
>>
>>93307911
I'm going to be going in circles with you all night am I?
>>
>>93307148
>unusual and unlikely
That doesn't mean good though. And it wasn't.
>>
>>93307005

It makes plenty of sense, and the Ultimate cut just enhances the movie.

And the reason the theatrical cut was cut down was because they wanted to optimize how many times per day you could show the movie. With TDKR and Return of the King you had two successful movies building into the final part of the trilogy, so you were already guaranteed to make money regardless, so it didn't matter as much. Most people were going to see it simply to see it end.
>>
>>93308613
In your opinion.
In my opinion, it was very good.
>>
>>93307911
Dude, BvS made 50% of its total domestic run in the opening weekend. That doesn't just mean people didn't go again, they told people not to do it. I doubt an extra 30 minutes would've helped at all.
Nobody liked this movie except a few autists that took a simple contrarian meme too seriously.
>>
>>93308653
>Nobody liked this movie except a few autists that took a simple contrarian meme too seriously.
Over 1/4 of critics gave it a "fresh" review.
>>
>>93308672
>Over 1/4 of critics gave it a "fresh" review.
Oh, I was mistaken then. What a hit it was!
>>
File: 1420.jpg (33KB, 400x589px)
1420.jpg
33KB, 400x589px
Return of the King EARNED that runtime. It was the third movie in a trilogy whose first two movies were both critical and financial successes. People were willing to go to see ROTK because Fellowship and Two Towers were both popular and well-liked. Meanwhile, Batman vs Superman was only the second movie in the DCEU, and it followed Man of Steel, the reactions to which were decidedly more mixed.
>>
>>93308653
>Nobody liked this movie except a few autists that took a simple contrarian meme too seriously.

But it has 63% on rotten tomatoes which means that based on the only real sample we have, over half the people who saw it liked it. Also pic related.

Also it was like the 6th highest grossing movie of that year.

By your logic, every movie that had less sales than it was also super unpopular.
>>
>>93308653
>Dude, BvS made 50% of its total domestic run in the opening weekend

because it had a fucking amazing opening weekend

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/box-office-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-shatters-records-with-170-1-million-debut-1201739978/
>>
>>93307005
I only saw it in theaters, and I thought it made sense. Granted, the "Martha" scene was so unbearably stupid, and Wonder Woman was good but still felt forced, but overall I thought the plot made sense and it was an entertaining movie. I genuinely don't understand the hate.

>Lex's machinations throughout the movie are so much less jumbled in the ultimate cut.

Lex is insane. A genius, but insane. That much is clear from the fact that he creates a monstrosity with Superman's powers, but with no way to control it. His jumbled plans and bizarre speech/thought patterns make sense if you operate under the assumption that he is a crazy person, which he obviously is.
>>
>>93308757
>based on the only real sample we have
What about box office? As I said, it made 50% of its money on the opening weekend, which means, people who were hyped and went to see the movie blind. The fact that it dropped so hard does not only mean that people didn't go again, they didn't reccomend it to other people.
The movie fucking dropped almost 70% for the next weekend, without any serious competition. It made even less than WW for its second weekend, and it made almost half of WW by the third. It made it that high on the list because of hype and not the quality of the movie.
>>
>>93308735

To be fair all those films are long (Fellowship is 178 minutes)and people expected them to be epics. Their long run times were also part of the hype. And unlike BvS those films actually delivered. Me and my Dad watched each one at least 3 times in the theater
>>
>>93309308
>And unlike BvS those films actually delivered.
In your opinion.
>>
>>93309317

In almost everyone's opinion jackass. If you unironically believe BvS is on the same level as LOTR please kill yourself.
>>
>>93309343
I love LOTR, and they're probably a bit better than BvS, but BvS delivered. It just wasn't promising quite as high a bar as the film adaptations of the greatest fantasy novels of all time.
>>
>>93307005
>Why didn't WB release the 3 hour version?
To make room for Justice League setup, because they're desperate to catch up to Marvel.
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px)
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>>93307074
>Teenagers going to see a movie = money

boy that fuck up for them since Deadpool made more domestically
>>
>>93309382
>To make room for Justice League setup
But the JL setup is in the 3 hour cut as well.
>>
>>93309384
>Implying there wasn't a shitload of teenagers watching Deadpool
You know that R means kids can go in with an adult companion, right?
Deadpool made that much money 'cause it delivered in what it promised, BvS didn't. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>93309444
BvS made more more money that Deapool though?
>>
>>93309376
it was the first time Batman and Superman were together on the big screen and they royal fuck it up. All it delivered was a mess.
>>
>>93309509
Eh, I loved it. Go figure.
>>
>>93309487
Only thanks to Deadpool having no China release. It would have easily equal or passed BvS if it had the same distribution.
>>
>>93309527
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all be sick to our stomachs.
>>
>>93309395
And if it hadn't been forced into the theatrical cut, then the the extended cut footage could have been in the movie the first time around. People like to give Snyder shit, but 90% of that movie's problems are from executive meddling.
>>
>>93309540
Not gonna lie, I was fucking pumped in the theater when Wondie was looking through the files.
It's not gonna hold up well after we've seen Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg in JL though.
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21KB, 400x418px)
1453215583180.jpg
21KB, 400x418px
>>93309527
>Secret Life of Pets beats out Dawn of Justice
How can anyone not look at that and understand how much they fuck up the film when that cash grab walks past you. Hell it's budget was likely half or less of BvS.
>>
>>93309567
I don't get the money argument.
John Carpenter's The Thing flopped.
Transformers 4 made a billion dollars.
>>
>>93309538
Walk around that chart all you want but it did beat out the film in the US.
>>
File: 1491441158942.png (59KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1491441158942.png
59KB, 686x686px
They didn't properly justify the fight between Batman and Superman. It was supposed to be the defining conflict of the movie and they ruined it.

>Bruce goes full retard and thinks Superman should die just because he has superpowers and """might""" turn bad one day, despite no evidence suggesting that will happen (maybe he should go kill all world leaders with nuclear weapons too, just because they "might" turn bad)
>Clark believing Batman is a dangerous vigilante was a good reason for him to go fight Bruce, but Snyder suddenly drops this angle and shoehorns in Lex kidnapping Clark's mom instead
>Clark gets mad at Bruce using completely ineffective weapons against him and immediately quits trying to ask for his help, wasting a lot of time fighting when his fucking mother's life is ticking away instead of just waiting for Bruce to finish using his silly toys and then taking one minute to explain things and ask for his help
>"Martha" scene

It was all really really dumb.
>>
>>93309606
>>Bruce goes full retard and thinks Superman should die just because he has superpowers and """might""" turn bad one day, despite no evidence suggesting that will happen (maybe he should go kill all world leaders with nuclear weapons too, just because they "might" turn bad)
This isn't far fetched at all.
I don't think you watch the news a lot. People do a lot worse for a lot less.
>>
>>93309599
see
>>93309584
>>
>>93307005
I watched both and I feel like the Ultimate cut was a waste of time. It didn't close up any plotholes that matter, just useless ones no one cares about. Didn't even explain how Lex probably harvested Granny's Peach Tea from the crippled guy, I had to deduce that on my own.
>>
File: Shark.jpg (101KB, 900x726px)
Shark.jpg
101KB, 900x726px
>>93309584
relative sales
Batman vs Superman should have been a home run in sales. When a brand new IP walks in (actually 2 did that counting Zootopia) and does just as well it's rather telling how bad your film was received. Add that to an already crushing critics reviews and it creates the disaster that we see before use. Critics didn't like it, general audience didn't like it. And for something that should have been the easiest billion to make (short of Star Wars) that shows how awful it was pt together.
>>
File: 1494519745927.jpg (32KB, 498x614px)
1494519745927.jpg
32KB, 498x614px
>>93309584
Critics like the thing
General audiences like Transformers 4

Critics didn't like BvS
General audiences didn't like BvS

Work on your shitposting
>>
>>93309567

Wonder Woman is possibly going to have a better Domestic release. Every day after BvS opening weekend (and the following Monday) Wonder Woman has been making more money when you compare the days.

That is all the evidence you need to see how badly this was handled

>>93309584

The Thing was a low budget horror movie with no built in fanbase. Transformers is a beloved franchise.
>>
>>93309655
Hm, I don't agree. I think the tone was a turn off for people since it's not at all what most Superhero movies are like, especially these days with the MCU.
The tone is closer to Blade Runner than to The Avengers.
>>
>>93309673
>General audiences like Transformers 4
No?
They are the punchline of jokes.
>>
>>93309487
Well, domestically it actually made less. And internationally, as >>93309527 mentioned, it didn't have a China release, which is the biggest international market.
And like they say, if Batman and Superman together for the first time can't make more than Secret Life of Pets or a new Jungle Book adaptation, and it isn't even near Zootopia and Finding Dory, then it's a major fuckup.
Again, we're talking about a movie that made almost 50% of its worldwide gross on its opening weekend alone, because after that, nobody was going to the theatre to watch it again, nor were they reccomending to their friends to go. Once people actually saw it for themselves, and word of mouth started going, the audience dropped 70%.
>>
>>93309626

Those people aren't Batman. If Batman wants to kill Superman because the dude who keeps saving everybody "might" go nuts one day then why the fuck is the Joker still alive?
>>
File: 1491883893338.jpg (46KB, 720x451px)
1491883893338.jpg
46KB, 720x451px
>>93309677
>I think the tone was a turn off for people since it's not at all what most Superhero movies are like
Nolan's Batman Trilogy
Tim Burton's Batman duo
Logan
and others did just fine with the same tone.

>The tone is closer to Blade Runner than to The Avengers.
and that sales well if done right which wasn't BvS
>>
>>93309540
Snyder admitted he added the Knightmare scene himself simply because the movie "was too linear", and he fucked up the pacing of the movie, added a scene that nobody knew what the fuck was it about and it never really related to the rest of the movie.
And I'm sorry but all the shitty posturing, fucked up editing and overall dullness of the movie had nothing to do with studio meddling. It was 100% Snyder.
>>
>>93309710
This is where it becomes clear that you just didn't pay attention.
Bats didn't because unhinged until after Superman came, this is in the movie.

Joker could easily have laid low for 2 years.
>>
>>93309686
They made killer sales even in the US where it was weaker then other films.
>>
>>93309717
>with the same tone.
No?
That's wrong in multiple ways.
The Burton movies are nothing like the Nolan movies, for starters.
>>
>>93309686

But they keep printing money. Blame the Chinese all you want but even without those soulless bastards those films would still make more than any capeshit that doesn't have Iron Man or Batman in it
>>
>>93309733
He's not talking about that scene, dumbass.
He's talking about the literal JL roster trailers that were mandated by WB.

But you knew that.
>>
>>93307005

It makes perfect sense in the theatrical version, it's just an incredibly divisive movie because of how different it is from the comics and people's pre conceived notions of the characters.

That being said I enjoyed parts of it but it was a let down for me.
>>
>>93309747
what about Logan? that film was a big hit for an R rated film and became the proof that BvS was just a mess of crap.
>>
>>93309783
But Logan is a fucking western!
You're comparing dissimilar things.
>>
>>93309584
You're just picking up two extremes of something, without giving any context to them.
What happened to The Thing is an anomaly. There aren't many movies that did poorly both with critics and fans only to become praised by both critics and fans with time.
The Thing is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I can see how a horror/sci-fi movie with an all men cast, a claustrophobic setting and a downbeat ending would flop. If you fail to get people into their seats to watch Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen, you fucked up big time.
And trust me on this one, BvS isn't gonna be remembered as The Thing is nowadays.
>>
>>93309626
Bruce isn't just "people", he's supposed to be a genius.

Preparing for an attack would make sense, but actively trying to kill him before he's done anything wrong AND after two years of public heroism? That's just stupid.
>>
>>93307005
>Why didn't WB release the 3 hour version?
You do realize most casuals these days will condemn a movie for being longer than 2 these days right?
>>
>>93309794
>And trust me on this one, BvS isn't gonna be remembered as The Thing is nowadays.
I think we should let history decide that.
>>
>>93309792
>But Logan is a fucking western!

Yeah and Winter Soldier was a political thriller
>>
>>93309606
>Bruce goes full retard and thinks Superman should die just because he has superpowers and """might""" turn bad one day, despite no evidence suggesting that will happen (maybe he should go kill all world leaders with nuclear weapons too, just because they "might" turn bad)

I'm not sure if you're intentionally misunderstanding this or not. Nuclear weapons are not the same because different countries have their own nukes, as a deterrent. There is no true deterrent for Superman. Even if you have Kryptonite, it's difficult to trick Superman into getting near it. And once you run out of Kryptonite, then you're screwed. Bruce's motivations for attacking Superman make perfect sense. Yes, Superman is a good man at the moment, in BvS. But so was Harvey Dent.

>Clark believing Batman is a dangerous vigilante was a good reason for him to go fight Bruce, but Snyder suddenly drops this angle and shoehorns in Lex kidnapping Clark's mom instead

Clark would never be threatened enough by a random vigilante to directly fight him, the most he'd be willing to do would be to let Batman off with a warning.

>Clark gets mad at Bruce using completely ineffective weapons against him and immediately quits trying to ask for his help, wasting a lot of time fighting when his fucking mother's life is ticking away instead of just waiting for Bruce to finish using his silly toys and then taking one minute to explain things and ask for his help

Clark is not literally a god. He's prone to anger, arrogance, stupidity, just like everyone else. If you were in a situation where you believed you were all powerful, and this irritating weakling kept trying to kill you, wouldn't you get a bit overconfident?
>>
>>93309747
>The Burton movies are nothing like the Nolan movies, for starters.
Are you fucking kidding? That Martha scene as well as the piss jar I could see Burton do with no issue. The damn film feels like a Burton knock off.
>>
>>93309810
My dude, Logan was so very different in tone to BvS that I just can't help you if you don't see that.
>>
>>93309567
>Family friendly animation (released during the summer) where you have to drag the entire family with you beats most other movies that year in profitability

Madness, I say!
>>
>>93309818
You've never seen a Burton film.
>>
>>93309540

>but 90% of that movie's problems are from executive meddling

The studio didn't write the dialogue.

>>93309767

> it's just an incredibly divisive movie because of how different it is from the comics and people's pre conceived notions of the characters

Well maybe they should actually establish who these characters are in the story before deconstructing them. We know nothing about how Batman acted pre-Superman and as far as i can tell Clark went through a total 180 character change between MoS and BvS to the point that it's barely a sequel or character continuation.

And you could use this exact argument to defend Batman & Robin. It's a vague straw-man you can paint everyone you disagree with as because of how broad it is.
>>
>>93309800
Geniuses go nuts all the time.
Ted Kasinski(sp?) for example.
>>
>>93309836
>The studio didn't write the dialogue.
Neither did Snyder.
>>
>>93309820

Oh I've got no argument to that but Logan was not a fucking western
>>
>>93309836
>and as far as i can tell Clark went through a total 180 character change between MoS and BvS to the point that it's barely a sequel or character continuation.
????
>>
>>93309853
Logan was closer to slipping the bonds of capeshit that The Winter Soldier was, that's for sure.
>>
File: brave and the bold.jpg (192KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
brave and the bold.jpg
192KB, 641x960px
>>93309830
Batman and Superman should be family friendly, that has been their damn stitch for 75 fucking years. It's fucking stupid that they got dragged down into garbage that is nothing about who and what they are
and really? Do you have any clue how fucking sad it is that shit beat out the most well know capes in the damn world?
>>
>>93309800
It's a preemptive strike. Bruce has watched countless good men become evil. Why on earth should he wait and see if Superman will stay good? Especially considering that he's rapidly approaching old age, and soon he won't be able to fight? What happens if Superman snaps in 10 or 20 years? Who will be able to stop him?
>>
>>93309763
I know he's not talking about that scene, retard. I'm just showing him that the biggest problems didn't come from studio meddling but Snyder himself. A 2 minute long lame scene doesn't ruin a movie. If that was the only problem with it, people would walk out saying "it was awesome, but that JL scene was stupid".
Look at how many people (me included) say WW is a good movie, even though the final fight was kind of a letdown. If BvS didn't even manage to get that reaction to people, it's because it was fucking shit.
>>
>>93309861

Doesn't matter. It wasn't a western just because there was sand. I bet you think Holes was a western
>>
>>93309870
>Batman and Superman should be family friendly, that has been their damn stitch for 75 fucking years.

Not a big comics guy, but doesn't Batman's existence begin with a 10-year old boy watching his mother and father being murdered in an alleyway?
>>
>>93309814
>the most he'd be willing to do would be to let Batman off with a warning.
Why not just hand the dangerous vigilante over to the police?
>>
>>93309792
>But Logan is a fucking western!
Yeah, R-rated westerns are a sure hit! It's unfair to compare them with an avant-garde, art house film like BvS!
>>
>>93309875
>A 2 minute long lame scene doesn't ruin a movie.
Pretty sure the Knightmare wasn't longer than 2-3 minutes.
>>
>>93309893
Maybe he recognizes that Batman is trying to do good as well, and would rather politely ask him to just stop rather than send him to prison?
>>
>>93309855

MoS
>Welcome to the planet
>Generally happy
>Literally ends with smiling and saying he's going to help people

BvS
>Man of Feel
>Suddenly unsure of his place in the world

>>93309847

No, but his pet chimp Goyer did.
>>
>>93309897
>with an avant-garde, art house film like BvS!
For the millionth time, no one said this in this thread.
>>
>>93309891
>Not a big comics guy, but doesn't Batman's existence begin with a 10-year old boy watching his mother and father being murdered in an alleyway?
Yeah, it's been in the cartoons as well.
It's not as taboo as you think.
>>
>>93309840
I cannot believe I'm saying this, but there were extenuating circumstances there. He was experimented on for three years and it kind of broke his mind.
>>
>>93309913
>and would rather politely ask him to just stop
>politely
He didn't do that either. He tore up the guy's car, issued a threat, and left.
>>
>>93309891
Spider-man only father figure dies because of his inactivity.
Tony Stark was a shameless wardog that was captured and tortured with a man he hardly knew dying so he could live
The Hulk was a man that lost his whole life because when he got angry people died

You are autisticly shitposting on a very stupid level trying to claim a tragic story means it can't be family friendly
>>
>>93309914
>MoS
>>Welcome to the planet
>>Generally happy
>>Literally ends with smiling and saying he's going to help people
>BvS
>>Man of Feel
>>Suddenly unsure of his place in the world

That's like saying Return of The Jedi is doing something wrong because Luke is acting like a big shot Jedi now.

>>93309921
And Bruce has been tortured by loss for over 50 years.
>>
>>93309830
>a superhero film starring two of the three most popular superheroes of all time ends up being an attempt at adult political drama instead of an action adventure film, and it gets beaten both in box office and reviews by films that are what this movie was supposed to be in the first place

MADNESS, I SAY!
>>
>>93309891
yup and we have seen it in 6 kids cartoons and 3 family films. stop sucking dick ya fag
>>
>watched BvS for the first time last night
>was a great movie
>realize most complaints are from mongrels

i can't believe i was reluctant to watch this
>>
>>93309943
>And Bruce has been tortured by loss for over 50 years.
Meh. Most of what we have to go on is the words of an unreliable narrator. But Bruce being a a crazy idiot is a comparatively small problem.
>>
>>93309940
>He didn't do that either. He tore up the guy's car, issued a threat, and left.

By Superman's standards, that's pretty friendly. All he did was block Batman's car, tell him "stop being a vigilante", and left.

>>93309941
I disagree. I think Spider-Man in particular is not a family friendly story, because of Uncle Ben's murder. Same goes for Iron Man because of Yinsen's death.

>You are autisticly shitposting on a very stupid level trying to claim a tragic story means it can't be family friendly

No, I think a story that relies on the brutal murder of a close friend or family member as its premise can't be family friendly.
>>
>>93309964
Welcome, friend.
>inb4 merely pretenting
>>
>>93309974
>No, I think a story that relies on the brutal murder of a close friend or family member as its premise can't be family friendly.
then you are an autistic and there is nothing we can do for your 80 IQ brain.
>>
>>93309974
>By Superman's standards, that's pretty friendly.
Fuck.
I'm out.
>>
>>93309974
Fucking Disney films have deaths.

If that isn't family friendly, then what the fuck.

It's a matter of how it's presented anyways.
>>
>>93309985
everything i said was truth. bruce getting triggered by hearing "martha" was one of the most inane complaints
>>
>>93309994
>then you are an autistic and there is nothing we can do for your 80 IQ brain.

Sorry. I guess I just have different standards for what "family friendly" means.

>>93310005
>Fucking Disney films have deaths.

Incredibly ambiguous deaths where the bad guy just falls and is never seen again. Tarzan, Lion King, you get the idea.
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>93309974
>Bambi, Lion King, Mulan, and countless other Disney family films are not family films because people died/were murdered
You better be trying to get (You)s you sad lonely person
>>
>>93310019
Yeah, same can and has been done with Bruce's parents.

Ya dummy.
>>
>>93309943

>That's like saying Return of The Jedi is doing something wrong because Luke is acting like a big shot Jedi now.

Except we can infer why he changed due to previous information.

Clark is literally a different person in BvS.
>>
>>93310016
I thought that scene was great, honestly.
It had never even occurred to me that they had the same name in 20 years of comic reading, so I thought it was clever.
>>
>>93310019
>incredibly ambiguous deaths where the bad guy just falls and is never seen again. Tarzan, Lion King,

Okay the fact that he picked those two movies specifically should clue the rest of you assholes in to the fact that you're taking bait.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>93310019
>Incredibly ambiguous deaths
> Lion King, you get the idea.
Wow, you are shitposting so hard now that it's actually making you actually retard
>>
>>93310032
I can infer (though I don't need to, as it's literally spelled out) why Clark changed in BvS though. We see that he is very uncomfortable with the things that people are projecting onto him.
>>
>>93307523
Sorry to pop your Bartholomews here but Dark Knight Rises was fucking SHIT.
>>
>>93310016
no one was triggered. It was just a great sound bite to summarize everything wrong with the film.
>>
>>93310065
But that implies that the film is bad.
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>93310019
>Incredibly ambiguous deaths where the bad guy just falls and is never seen again. Tarzan, Lion King,
>>
>>93309905
Twice as much, at least. I'd say 7-8 minutes. And I said 2 minutes being generous, the JL scene was probably even less than a minute long.
>>
>>93310080
Just stop, it's over, you played your hand so stupidly that there is no way to take you or anyone in this thread seriously about defending it. You fuck up so bad that any defense made in this thread just reinforces that BvS fans are stupid.
>>
>>93310089
>Twice as much, at least. I'd say 7-8 minutes.
Wrong. I just watched it.
>>
>>93309840
But Batman isn't supposed to go nuts. That's literally his thing, he Does Not Go Nuts despite the many things he has to deal with that would make a person go nuts (the death of his parents, the death of jason todd, the actual crazies like joker and scarecrow that he has to deal with, etc). Hell, even in stories where his friends go nuts, he's pretty firm about not going nuts.
>>
>>93309944
>by films that are what this movie was supposed to be in the first place

People who think this are the same people who shat on MoS because it wasn't muh Chris Reeves Superman rehash and complain that comics should be strictly to seven year old.
>>
>>93309974
>By Superman's standards, that's pretty friendly.
Well, by Snyder's angsty 33 year old teenager Superman I guess it was.
>>
>>93310019
>ambiguous deaths where the bad guy just falls and is never seen again. Tarzan, Lion King
>Tarzan
>Lion King
>ambiguous deaths
free (You)
>>
>>93310094
This isn't really a convincing post/argument.
You're just saying
>it's bad because I thought it was bad.
I'm not feeling very receptive to that.
>>
>>93310102
>not muh
gg
>>
>>93310121
You are now willfully ignoring the thread
>>
>>93309634
>Didn't even explain how Lex probably harvested Granny's Peach Tea from the crippled guy, I had to deduce that on my own.

What the fuck are you talking about? Lex's crazy ass probably pissed in that jar himself. What in the movie would make you purposefully think it was cripple piss in that jar? The color of it? Do cripples have their own shade of piss?

C'mon, bro. I know we're all autists here but there's no need to be THAT autistic.
>>
>>93310049
>>93310051
>>93310081
I'm being serious here. It's not bait. Scar and Radcliffe, they both died your generic Disney "he fell and was never seen again" deaths. The same could be said for Gaston.
>>
>>93310133
Not at all.
I feel like i've been as fair as you.
>>
>>93310134
why does Lex have a jar of piss
>>
>>93309818
Uhhh. When was the last time you saw the Burton Batman flicks? Both of those movies are silly as FUCK.
>>
>>93310138
*I'm really confused about all the negative responses to my original posts. Disney has a habit of letting its villains die off-screen, or get some kind of comedic comeuppance. It's very rare to see them die on-screen. There is a massive difference between Scar falling to his death and Thomas/Martha Wayne being shot and dying on screen.
>>
>>93309882
Dude Logan was straight up True Grit with a bit of Lone Wolf and Cub mixed in.
>>
>>93310149
>why does Lex have a jar of piss

All you need is a jar and a full bladder....anone could produce a jar of piss if you gave them $5 and a couple bottles of water
>>
>>93310172
no but why is there a jar of piss at all in a movie with batman and superman
>>
>>93310176
Why not?
>>
>>93310100
I just checked the extended cut. It's 6 minutes long, inlcuding that retarded Flash appearance which leaves everyone confused because the character hadn't even shown up yet and he doesn't even look like The Flash so nobody understood who that Mexican looking dude was and what the fuck did it had to with the rest of the movie. And by the end, nobody knew any more than then because you still don't know it was supposed to be the same kid you see in the security camera video.
And all this was 100% Snyder's, by his own admission.
>>
>>93310149

>why does Lex have a jar of piss

Because Snyder wanted a memorable image more then an understandable scene.

That's all of BvS. It's fans wank about the visuals because that's all the movie has, so then they have to go "WELL VISUALS MATTER MORE THEN LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT."

These are the same kinds of people who try and argue the Matrix sequels and the Star Wars prequels are masterpieces and that Paul WS Anderson is a secret kino master. It's auteur theory warped into a cult of worship and elitism.
>>
>>93310181
sets a bad example for kids, otherwise they'd try it and dribble piss everywhere as a result.
>>
>>93310185
>which leaves everyone confused
Are you an idiot?
How was that confusing at all?
If you read comics, hell if you've seen the Flashpoint movie and followed it you should have no problem following that scene.
>>
File: 4497590005_458276f2b2_z.jpg (30KB, 640x222px) Image search: [Google]
4497590005_458276f2b2_z.jpg
30KB, 640x222px
>>93310138
>completely ignores the pic of Mufasa death which was visual shown in all it's horror.
What are you even doing?
>>
File: ????.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
????.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
>>93310187
>Because Snyder wanted a memorable image more then an understandable scene.
Hold on a minute... what isn't understandable about that? It's Lex saying fuck you to the senator by throwing her "Granny's Peach Tea" comment from earlier in the movie back at her.
>>
>>93310176
Because the Senator quipped about Lex telling her one thing and it actually being something else, using "Pissing in a jar and calling it Granny's Peach Tea" as a metaphor. Lex, being the crazy fucking bastard he is used that against her and killed everyone inside of a federal building to prove a point. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>93310238
but why is there a piss jar at all
>>
>>93310235
I'm kind of starting to think that most people here haven't actually sat down to watch the movie.
>>
>>93310187
>the Matrix sequels
They're fine. First one is much better though.
>Star Wars prequels
Mostly excellent. I have like one HUGE compliant per movie.
>Paul WS Anderson
Has one good movie to his name.
>>
>>93310229
Mufasa isn't a villain, you fucking moron
>>
>>93310250
To fuck with the senator holy shit how dense are you?
>>
>>93310235

Because it's undercutting what could me an emotional and intense scene for a pee joke.

>>93310257

Parrot that all you want, it' never going to be true no matter how many le kino purity tests you try and throw out.
>>
>>93310113
No, people who think this are people with common sense. It's a fucking superhero movie where the main characters are called Superman and Batman and wear costumes with capes.
And you can do them in a serious tone, like Nolan did, but he didn't forget what he was doing either. 10 year olds love Nolan films because they still deliver steady over the top action, understandable plots that don't require guessing in order to make sense of it, and familiar and relateable characters (Batman always acts like Batman, and you always root for him and the rest of the good guys vs the bad guys). They still were superhero movies.
I don't know what the fuck BvS was even trying to be, because it both went deeper with the psychological drama thing, and sillier with the CGI monster finale. It was just a fucking mess.
>>
>>93310250
>>93310250
>>93310250
>>93310250
Because you're from /v/ and want (You's).
Here's a bunch, don't spend 'em all in one place.
>>
>>93310260
Go back to what started this
>>93309891
>>93309941
>>93309974
It was never about villains. But you already knew that .
>>
>>93310269
>for a pee joke.
It's not a joke though. It's Lex being a sick fucker.
It was not at all played for laughs.
>>
>>93310269
>Parrot that all you want, it' never going to be true no matter how many le kino purity tests you try and throw out.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped coming to /co/ It's just all mongoloids spouting gibberish.
>>
>>93310260
>calls other people moron
>doesn't know the original argument was about deaths in the family.
>>
>>93310280

>It's not a joke though. It's Lex being a sick fucker.
It was not at all played for laughs.

The intent is irrelevant. The execution is a dumb piss joke.
>>
>>93310160
Are you forgetting Simba's father being shown dying on screen?
>>
>>93310274
no, why is lex luthor pissing in a jar, carrying it around and presenting it to people

what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>93310280
>It was not at all played for laughs.
true there was a lot of cringe in that scene as well.
>>
>>93310295
But it had the intended effect on me. I recoiled at just how low Lex was being.
>>
>>93310213
Snyder should know only very few people read superhero comics in the US, and even less in the rest of the world. You don't make a 250 million dollar movie so only the 100,000 nerds that buy comics in the US get it. This is a movie for a general audience.
>>
>>93310300
To fuck with the senator. Maybe you should of payed attention to the movie instead of sucking your dad off.
>>
>>93310160
Dude Disney had a live action film aimed at children where a 13 year old kid's dead severed head is seen in all it's glory. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>93310272
TLDR; you don't like it because it's 2deep4u.
>>
>>93310331
no, why did anyone ok that idea whatsoever
>>
>>93310339
It isn't deep at all though. It's just a poorly made movie.
>>
>>93310339
No one says this though. I love BvS, but I only call it a quality movie. I don't act pretentious.
>>
>>93310345
Why does it bother you so much? It was an effective scene, people got it. Its not our fault your IQ 60 ass didn't get it. Are you mormon or muslim or something?
>>
>>93309914
>Suddenly unsure of his place in the world

Because the world has slowly turned him into a politically controversial figure and he's starting to doubt whether or not his critics are right, since Lex's mechanizations are smearing everything he does with negative press.
>>
>>93310362
Pee pee is gross and shouldn't anywhere near Batman and Superman.

No I do not dare enter this magical realm of piss.
>>
>>93310363
Not to mention that people are literally turning him into a god when all he wants to do his help people and get some of that.....hot.....Amy Adams strange.
>>
>>93310269
>a pee joke.

What are you, five years old? It's not a pee joke, it's Lex smugly mocking the Senator by using her own words (about how she can smell Lex's bullshit a mile away no matter how flowery his rhetoric is) just before he murders her along with the rest of the senate hearing attendance, while simultaneously pushing his plan to turn the people against Superman forward.
>>
>>93310287
>>93310299
gonna be honest with you guys, I'm super drunk and i don't even remember what i posted originally, i just see the (you)s and I feel obligated to respond

Avengers<Man of Steel<BvS<Hancock
>>
>>93310427
The Avengers looked uglier than even Whedon's tv shows though.
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px)
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>181 Post
>26 Posters
>>
>>93310456
I'll take "people talking to each other" for 500, Alex.
>>
>>93310437
I know. That's why I used the "<" sign and not the ">" sign....
>>
>>93310497
I see.
>>
>>93310160
For fuck's sake Scar didn't fall to his death.
Yes he gets thrown off pride rock. He survives that fall. The hyenas EAT his ass because they betrayed him.
>>
>>93310555
>He survives that fall. The hyenas EAT his ass because they betrayed him.

Wait, really? I don't remember that. I thought the ground under Pride Rock was all on fire and Scar got tossed down onto the flames
>>
>>93310562
Watch the movie, asstard.
>>
>>93310562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQkFYzOEwIU
And Tarzan? Clayton did fall, yes. But the fall didn't kill him; the vines around his throat did. Dude literally hung himself.

You know, for kids!
>>
>>93308805
>martha scene so unbearably stupid
i never understood the hate for this scene. and im not even a BvS apologist. i dont think the movies that good but why is everyone mad about that particular scene? lex's scenes were 10 times worse.
>>
>>93310643
Too much hinges on it for it to be what it is
>>
>>93310676
But it's not bad though.
>>
>>93310676

...what? It literally uses one of Batman's most influential and personal moments in his life to shock him into thinking straight again. It shows Bruce at his most weakest and how far he had fallen from grace as a man. It is a culmination of several aspects of the movie into one, it's incredibly well crafted climax to the conflict between Batman and Superman.
>>
>>93310720
For me to agree to any that I'd have to agree to the premise that the conflict was worthwhile and I can't do that either.
>>
>>93310720

> It literally uses one of Batman's most influential and personal moments in his life to shock him into thinking straight again

Through the application of glorified Snapple Cap trivia.

I'm tired of the Snyder fans explaining the intent over and over and over and over as though somehow if you explain it for the 25th time we'll all somehow decide that the intent of the scene matters more the the execution.

I don't care what the scene was trying to convey. It doesn't matter what Snyder wanted to do, ti matters what he DID do, and what he did was try and staple gravitas into a ridiculous sequence using obscure trivia.

> it's incredibly well crafted climax to the conflict between Batman and Superman.

It has NOTHING do do with their conflict! It doesn't resolve any of Batman's issues with how Superman operates. it doesn't resolve Superman's issues with Batman's brutality. It washes away what could have potentially been an interesting clash of ideas with a nice little splash of Mommy Issues and turns Batman into a big fucking baby that is impossible to take seriously.

The only reason the conflict is resolved that way is because Snyder wanted the last half hour to be devoted to his garbage Doomsday fight and more of his awful religious symbolism, and you'll never convince me otherwise.
>>
>>93310808
>and you'll never convince me otherwise.
this post is right though
>>93310720
>>
>>93310808
>and what he did was try and staple gravitas into a ridiculous sequence using obscure trivia.
Sounds like Grant Morrison. I love Grant Morrison.
>>
>>93310808
the doomsday fight was pretty bad. it's the same problem with ares at the end of wonder woman. it's too much obvious cgi. when superman is fighting zod and the other kyrptonians it looks fucking great but once you put a giant cgi monster in it just turns to shit for some reason. do SOME practical effects for god's sake.
>awful religious symbolism
it's just him saving people. he's a saviour, what's so awful about that?
>>
>>93310808
This.
But you are wasting your time, this cretin has been 'splaining Goyer's ridiculous scripting for years on /co/.

It's what he does. Best not to even participate.
The DCfriends are just glad there's daylight past Snyder and a better DCEU looming. The Snyderfags have put too much of themselves into propping up this shit.
>>
>>93310861
>The DCfriends are just glad there's daylight past Snyder and a better DCEU looming. The Snyderfags have put too much of themselves into propping up this shit.
What if I like Snyder's movies *and* WW? (And think they are all well made?)
>>
>>93310643
Because videos like this, or any anon who wants to waste the time writing their thoughts down, can tell you a better way to do the Martha scene. The reason it's cringy to most isn't that the CONCEPT is bad, it's because the execution is terrible. Just like the killing of Zod in MoS felt forced, when killing him could have been done much better and been made more impactful by a few small changes.

https://youtu.be/ALHJI0Zqweo
>>
>>93310877
>Just like the killing of Zod in MoS felt forced
It didn't though.
>>
>>93310861
>joss whedon
he probably got the ok from DC to fuck up justice league with his stupid quips.
now they'll probably just turn all their movies into marvel films. man of steel was great. just cause ONE movie sucked doesnt mean everything needs to turn into a marvel clone. fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>93310877
I got up to
Henry Jones is good because he smiles
this guy is just some /co/ friend who watches Steven Universe and PPG etc...
>>
>>93310904
forgot my meme arrow
>Henry Jones is good because he smiles
>>
>>93310877
>killing zod
>forced
what? that was a great moment.
>>
>>93310868
It's established your a Snyderfag. That doesn't mean you don't like non-Snyder movies, but it means you'll defend the Snyder/Goyer crap because it's autistic tripe that speaks to autists like yourself.

Hey, I get that you relate to heroes that stand gawping at easily preventable danger or sullenly mope when a simple explanation could fix everything. Full grown men who turn to their Mommies for advice on everything. Confused and angry heroes who lash out violently whenever things don't fit their odd world-perspective.
Snyder makes heroes you can personally relate to. But now WB wants to be first rate, so that era is over.
>>
>>93310914
This would carry more wait if we weren't on the stunted little girl cartoon watchers board.
>>
>>93310808
>Through the application of glorified Snapple Cap trivia.

Batman's parents dying isn't some random obscure trivia, bub. It's even shown in the movie TWICE to make sure that ADD idiots would get the connection.

>It doesn't resolve any of Batman's issues with how Superman operates

Yes it does, because Batman's whole crusade against Superman is based on a false assumption, fueled by his own PTSD and projected paranoia. When Batman snaps out of it he realizes he's been wrong the entire time and that removes any reason for him to kill Superman.

And as for Superman's issue with Batman, by the time they fight he's realized that most of the things he find objectionable about Batman have been the direct result of Luthor manipulating Batman to go down the deep end. Batman promising to find and save Martha Kent for him is basically the way Batman atones and makes up his transgressions in Superman's eyes. Superman gives Batman a second chance in life, which is what redeems him because he knows through his investigation that Batman only started to go bad after Black Zero event, and before that he was a force of good for Gotham. That is part of why he was willing to just give Batman chance to retire rather than take him to central booking when they first meet cowl to cape during the Batmobile chase.
>>
>>93310924
Is that self-awareness kicking in?
>>
>>93310936
for you
>>
>>93310933
We need more sane people like you, anon.
>>
>>93310884
>>93310909
Sure, sure. With very little set up that Clark actually sees Zod as a connection to his Kryptonian side (probably because they're too busy punching eachother), and most of Zod's motivation in the finale scenes left to speculation (mostly because the punching and the fact that Zod mostly just shouts angrily the entire movie anyway), somehow it's "well done".
>>93310904
Well, get past that and just get to suggestions on how to make the Martha scene more impactful AND make Clark a real character in the movie.
>>
>>93310884

>It didn't though.

It was executed terribly. Goyer is such a hack that he had Zod say "You'll have to kill me to stop me" out loud because he didn't have enough confidence in the storytelling to think we wouldn't need audio reference to make it work, then ladled it on with Zod about to laser some random family unless Supes kills him right then.

If Superman is going to kill Zod, fine. But that entire ending sequence was Hackwork 101, adding a bunch of extra elements to justify the need for him to do it right then and there like it's being written for a child.
>>
>>93310914
>the one bad scene in man of steel
the literal rest of the whole movie is a pure comic book masterpiece.

earlier in that scene pa kent is talking about how "farming isnt important" and how he just wants clark to be a farmer when the other flashbacks show him talking to clark about how much he's going to change the world some day. all around a shit scene.
>>
>>93310933
Batman's crusade has ALWAYS been about paranoia and trauma (childhood). It has also specifically been about not killing even his foulest, most murderous rogues. It's too far of a stretch for him to decide to murder Super-rescue-man because he's a dangerous guy who operates outside the Law. That's exactly what BATMAN is.
>>
>>93310953
>Sure, sure. With very little set up that Clark actually sees Zod as a connection to his Kryptonian side (probably because they're too busy punching eachother), and most of Zod's motivation in the finale scenes left to speculation (mostly because the punching and the fact that Zod mostly just shouts angrily the entire movie anyway), somehow it's "well done".
What are you even saying?
Clark is distraught because he killed someone.
>>
>>93310959
>Goyer is such a hack that he had Zod say "You'll have to kill me to stop me"

Zod's last line is great though
>NEVER
>>
>>93310962
Batman isn't a walking WMD though.
>>
>>93310975
The 2 of the last 3 Batman movies had Bruce trying to recover his own WMDs. He's a guy who flies around in unregistered advanced military hardware. He fires autocannons inside crowded cities. He could easily cause the same level of damage as Superman.
>>
>>93310991
>The 2 of the last 3 Batman movies had Bruce trying to recover his own WMDs.
Not in this universe though.
That's like saying that Morrison's Batman and John's Batman are the same.

same character=/=same character
>>
>>93310953
>zod's motivation
>zod mostly just shouts angrily the entire movie
have you seen the movie? there's a shitload of scenes right from the beginning of zod's character development and how much krypton means to him.
>>93310959
>adding a bunch of elements
one family?
the only dumb part of that scene is how lois shows up in that building 2 seconds after zod is killed.
>>
>>93311011
Lois is a well established wizard, it's fine.
>>
>>93310962

You seem to fail to understand that BvS Batman is a man who has lost his way. That is the entire point of his character arc in the movie.

He's an old, bitter, cynical man who has basically lost almost all faith in his mission, and then Superman arrives and him being at ground zero of the Kryptonian world engine disaster gives him a very biased and twisted view of Superman. His fears and paranoia, along with Luthor manipulating him, enrages him because he feels so impotent under Superman's shadow and that is what ultimately leads Batman start to think killing Superman is a good idea. It's also partially tied to his feelings that he has failed in life (because he's now older than his own parents when they died), as his feverish need to achieve something in life mixed with his anger and fear make him think that taking down Superman (or at the very least show to the world man can wound a God) could be his legacy, something to give it all meaning, even if it means dying in the process.

The fact that he even thinks of murder shows just how deranged Batman has become. And deep down he's ashamed of this, that's why he keeps trying to justify his actions to Alfred (after initially trying to keep everything a secret from him) with bullshit rhetoric like the W. Bush era 1% chance rhetoric.
>>
>>93309802
As they rightfully should. You shouldn't fucking need 2+ hours to tell what is at best a mildly interesting superhero story. Brevity is a virtue, filmmakers.
>>
File: Superdickery.jpg (6KB, 205x246px)
Superdickery.jpg
6KB, 205x246px
>>93310960
>Ms Lane, don't go out at night, it's so cold you'd die in a minute
>Cut to Lois somehow not only surviving in a shitty light coat with no facemask, now she's scaling an ice wall with no gear or even a light to see with

>Returns to tell Perry the story about the alien craft at the military black site she's just returned from
>Perry of course refuses to believe her, even though she's his trusted investigative journalist, and she's just got back from a hospital after being found lying on an ice sheet with her guts cauterized back together.

Man of Steel lurches from one ridiculous plot contrivance to another, in a terrific hurry to get to the CGI fightan that is the entire reason for the film.

Common sense, plausibility and characterization get thrown under the bus just to get us from point A to point B in Goyer's plot, a man who has literally admitted himself that he's only good at scenes and not plotting.
>>
>>93311077
>>Perry of course refuses to believe her
Not true, asshat.
>>
>>93311073
>The fact that he even thinks of murder shows just how deranged Batman has become. And deep down he's ashamed of this
I just can't take this seriously, due to how Batman killed several thugs in the car chase scene. And don't say "it's all tied to him needing to kill Superman" because then Batman just steals the Krptonite off screen. Even crazier is how they show that he almost destroyed his own tracking device when he cleaved through the back of the truck and killed that one thug super hard.
>>
File: Goyer.jpg (25KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
Goyer.jpg
25KB, 640x330px
>>93311079
He refuses to publish the very story he's sent her to get, on the basis that the Gov't won't openly admit to it.

Only a fucktard like Goyer would imagine that's how the Press works.

There isn't a shred of intelligent plotting in the entirety of Man of Steel, or BvS.
>>
>>93311104
>He refuses to publish the very story he's sent her to get, on the basis that the Gov't won't openly admit to it.
You just moved the goalposts.
gg
He did believe her, glad we agree.
>>
Remember when Superman broke the million dollar drone and then the soldier girl said he was hot? How did Snyder get to be so brilliant?
>>
>>93311100

Almost as if his actions are unhinged and erratic! And movie Batman has always been fine with goon deaths when it's via proxy, like in the movie. It's self-defense against criminal aggression, like when the KGBeast goons start shooting at the Batmobile with a Gatlin gun.
>>
I liked the part where Superman and Zod fight and they don't show a single scratch of sign of wear. I hate how in Avengers they get all dirty and beat up, that's lame. Why can't they look perfectly fine after the fight, just like Superman? I like feeling that he was never in danger at all.
>>
>>93311125
>Snyder wrote the script
damn...
>>
>>93311141
>I hate how in Avengers they get all dirty and beat up, that's lame.
????
You can clearly see the make up and hair styling all throughout that final fight.
They look "movie ruff" they don't look like they've been fighting.
>>
Perry White: Two weeks leave, no pay, that's your penance. You try something like this again, you're done here.
Lois Lane: [turning to leave] Fine.
Perry White: So let's make it three weeks, since you're so willing to agree with me.
Lois Lane: Perry...
Perry White: No, no. Don't. Don't. I believe you saw something, Lois. But not for a moment do I believe that your leads just went cold. So whatever your reasons are for dropping it, I think you're doing the right thing.
Lois Lane: Why?
Perry White: Can you imagine how people on this planet would react if they knew there was someone like this out there?

He's acting like she saw a hovering light while out driving home from a bar.
>>
>>93307005
when is /tv/ going to finally merge with us?
>>
>>93311126
>And movie Batman has always been fine with goon deaths
Yeah, which means KILLING ISN'T THAT BIG A DEAL TO HIM. You can't say he's unhinged because he's considering killing, and then fall back on "he's fine with killing". You can contradict yourself all night, but don't ask me to help you.
>>
>>93311145
I'm not sure why i'm supposed to dislike this.
>>
>>93311144
because it isn't that type of movie, not all movies have a hyper realism goal.
>>
>>93311077
yeah the movie is filled with dumb stuff but i love how it captures the feel of a comic book so well. comics are centered around awesome moments and cool scenes rather than intelligent plotting. i feel like snyder does a really good job of giving us a movie that feels like it was taken right out of the pages of a comic book.

idk that's just my personal taste though. other people here might try and convince you it's a deep and super meaningful movie but i just love it for the moments man.
>>
>>93311158
So then neither film is realistic in that sense, so I don't get your point.
>>
>>93311160
this smells like bait
>>
>>93311149

Cold blooded calculated murder of Superman is different from self-defense actions against people trying to kill him.
>>
>>93311173
stop using logic
>>
File: Faora.jpg (105KB, 407x612px) Image search: [Google]
Faora.jpg
105KB, 407x612px
>>93311145
>Perry White: Can you imagine how people on this planet would react if they knew there was someone like this out there?

And then the alien ship shows up and threatens the entire planet with destruction, and the only reaction is light morning show banter about it like a celebrity has just announced a pregnancy.

There's not a single scene of public unrest or panic, even though the movie spends most of the first half hammering home how badly Momma's gonna freak when they find out there's alien life.

But the halfway point is where the movie abandons any pretense of having a Message, and the ball is rolling for alien fightan shenanigans that eat up the remaining half of the film.
>>
>>93311183
MoS zooms in after the midpoint though.
The wider alien questions are tackled in BvS.
>>
>>93311173
They're only trying to kill him because he's killing them to get to the Kryptonite, which undermines his OWN PLAN of putting a tracer on the truck and stealing the Kryptonite later. Not to mention that he put civilians at risk by initiating a highspeed car chase with armed thugs.

The scene is just there so it can end with his confrontation with Superman, which is only there so it can be in the trailers.
>>
>>93311189
It's ridiculous how everyone just goes to work the next day in a calm city, after a credible world-wide threat to raze the planet. Even Bruce Wayne is shown to be just Brucing about town in his civvies acting like Zod bringing his shit down to start leveling the place was TOTALLY UNEXPECTED.

It's just bad plotting. Really bad.

They could have avoided the post warning scenes of the people going about their business the next morning, but they specifically establish there's no panic in the "Pick up Lois for light questioning" scene.
>>
for the most part i think we all liked ben affleck's batman in BvS right? the big problem i have though is he CLEARLY kills several guys in that car chase and with his batplane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1ydIZNaNY
i mean what the fuck was snyder thinking?
>>
>>93311221
>Not to mention that he put civilians at risk

No, remember we kept having these "But that whole area was abandoned/evacuated/unpopulated" horseshit.
>>
>>93311223
Hmm. That never bugged me. I suppose it is a flaw, but things like that don't really matter to me.
That's background stuff. Not relevant to the struggles of the characters.
>>
>>93311221
>which is only there so it can be in the trailers.
No? That scene is clearly part of the plot.
What are you even saying?
Trailers use footage from the films they are advertising you weirdo.
>>
>>93311228
I found Affleck to be adequate in a traditionally underwritten role.
There has never been a "bad" Batman because the role is reduced to "le angry serious man".
>>
>>93311223
i feel like the nitpicking has gone WAY too far with that one. i dropped BvS when they cast eisenberg as lex so he can do a really cringey joker impression.
and how the film has to to cut to something else every 10 seconds.
>>
File: Supersubtlety.jpg (52KB, 600x250px)
Supersubtlety.jpg
52KB, 600x250px
>>93311244
The whole movie is "Son you can't use your powers because people will shit themselves" and "everything will change when we learn we aren't alone" and "Can you imagine how people on this planet would react if they knew there was someone like this out there?"

It's the central theme to the movie, the reason Clark spends his adult life as a drifter/busboy.

It's not "background stuff". It's the entire reason Clark does everything he does before putting on the jammies.
>>
>all this BvS posting a year later
And you niggas still think Snyder failed
He's an artist, his art makes people talk, it causes a reaction. The sooner you accept it the better.

BvS UC is good, and if you need explaining you're literally a mongoloid looking to be spoonfed.
Knightmare scene wasn't out of place, Flash showing up was
>>
>>93311228
I don't even mind the killing, movie heroes kill all the time. Batman in movies pretty much always murders a few people.

I also like the performance, but Affleck still has to work within a flawed script. To sum of the video here >>93310877 the Martha scene could have been better if done right. If Superman was hit by the Kryptonite gas earlier on, and he was clearly unable to speak, forced to defend himself and having no way to talk, it would have allowed the fight to play out without the audience wondering "why doesn't he just stop fighting and try to talk to Batman more?" Then when he can speak, and is in a "final words" moment, Batman can be moved that his final thoughts are only for his mother to live, even if he's about to die. THAT would bring Batman and Superman's characters around to a more believable understanding. In the scene we got, Batman is moved SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE MOTHER'S NAMED MARTHA. It just needed another rewrite or two, but I guess there was no time.
>>
>>93311281
And BvS addresses it. It's not relevant to Clark's struggle in the second half of MoS, which is stopping Zod.
>>
>>93311286
>Batman can be moved that his final thoughts are only for his mother to live, even if he's about to die.
And then what? He somehow doesn't die?
>>
>>93311286
>but I guess there was no time.
The movie was delayed from a 2015 release. It was never going to get better with time; it was never rushed in the first place.
>>
>>93311303
Well, if Batman is the one about to MURDER HIM, and Batman is the one that is moved... seriously, if I have to explain something so basic to you, that makes me assume you really like films like this.
>>
>>93311228
If you pay attention, he kills indirectly. He causes things that will kill the person/people.

Example:

- he brands bad guys he deems "unredeemable" so they can be killed in jail by other henchmen.

- he flips that car the explosion will kill henchmen

-the turret guy in the vehicle, Bats shoots around him which causes the whole car to explode and of course, kill everyone in the car.

- the Bats vs henchmen scene has him redirecting a granade so it won't kill him, taking out two guys

- uses a box to slam a guy, the force kills him

That's part of Batman's psyche. Obviously he killed them, but for him to feel justified and above criminals, he kind of "loopholes" around the technicality of spilling blood for the greater good. In many renditions of Batman he has mentioned how he will not kill, he will never stoop that low, and if he were, it would be something he could never return from. Indirectly killing was the way Batman could really let loose without untimately crossing that line, at least for him.

It's the reason why he chooses to make a Kryptonite spear over the classic Kryptonite bullet (but that's moreso wanting to avoid using a weapon to kill, that killed his parents)

Movies don't always have to spoonfeed every single detail. You have to analyze and break shit down too.
>>
>>93311360
But he has to get the word Martha in there. That's what rattles Bruce.
Everyone has a mother, that's not special.
>>
>>93310555

Actually he survives the Hyenas and is later killed by Hercules which is why the son of Zeus is wearing his pelt while posting for a vase painter.
>>
>>93311374
>- he brands bad guys he deems "unredeemable" so they can be killed in jail by other henchmen.
Everything is correct but this.
Batman doesn't know about the jail killings.
That might only be in the ultimate cut though, I can't remember the theatrical cut.
>>
>>93311375
And Bruce was already mocking the idea of Supes having caring parents
>>
>>93311221
>which undermines his OWN PLAN of putting a tracer on the truck and stealing the Kryptonite later

No it doesn't. His plan was to steal the kryptonite mid-transit, the tracer is there to make sure he doesn't lose the transfer truck when he's busy dealing with the heavy escort vehicles.

> Not to mention that he put civilians at risk by initiating a highspeed car chase with armed thugs.

The docks is established to have been long abandoned in the movie.
>>
>>93311374
He specifically crushes the guy in the back of the truck (where the missile was shot from) underneath the tires of the Batmobile.
>>
>>93311405
No, not abandoned, just conveniently "always empty this time at night", like the building Doomday destroys

>In the same breath Snyderfags claim the Avengers to be too unrealistic
>>
>>93311387

It's only in the Ultimate Cut. The people he brands are being killed off by people Lex has hired in prison to make Clark angrier at Bruce.
>>
>>93311375
>everyone has a mother, that's not special

Except it is in this specific situation, where Bruce believed Superman to be an alien or weapon, nothing more, nothing less. He only saw the havok from the MoS fighting and the fact that Superman really was unstoppable. That set up where Superman isn't able to save anyone in the court room, no one but the audience saw Superman's anguish of not being able to help them. Just like everyone in the film who wasn't Lois, they felt it was Superman who did it.

Therefore, that Martha scene was the very first moment Bruce knew Superman was much more than just a weapon; he had a human side. Superman was surrendering to Batman, but only wanted his mother saved, that plus the whole shared name and Bruce knowing how it feels to lose a parent.
>>
>>93311374
>Indirectly killing was the way Batman could really let loose without untimately crossing that line
Goyer is that you?
>>
>>93311387

The meaning changes between the two cuts due to additional information being given in the UC. In theatrical cut is makes it seem like the branding is an intentional death sentence in jail, Ultimate Cut shows it's actually KGBeast just killing the guy to tie up any loose ends.

The important thing about the branding in both version is the fact that it's establishing that Batman's methods are becoming more and more sadistic and brutal.
>>
>>93311414
Both can be unrealistic, /v/.
>>
>>93311446
Oh, I agree, just pointing that out.

>>93311426
Again, it's Bruce's mother's name that does it, not that fact that Clark wants to save his mother.
>>
>>93311448
You'd never criticize your Snyderkino in such a way, /tv/.
>>
>>93311426
Except Bruce was mocking the idea of Superman having a human side and parents

>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all...

You're the one all about interpretations, Snyderfag, what's more human than being a fool with an idealistic view of the world? Because that's the way Batman described his soon-to-be victim
>>
>>93311453
Yeah it's the trigger, but the rest falls rightt after.
>>
>>93311460
>that paranonia
wew
>>
>>93311468
>Snyderfag
Are you braindead?
That guy's post was trying to REFUTE a Snyderfag.
>>
>>93311448
>that paranoia
wew
>>
>>93311374
there are ways to do those scenes with batman not killing them though. it would be really easy for him to shoot the tires out or have the batplane spread smoke.
i loved the warehouse scene but you can easily have the grenade kicked or thrown out of harms way.
i dont have a problem witht he box slam. im just guessing that guy is knocked out with a nasty head wound.
it's like snyder went out of his way to show these people getting blown up in a firey wreck.

your whole last half doesnt make any sense.
>knowledgably letting loose and killing
>somehow different from just killing
>>
>>93311483
I might be confused by the chain of replies, but how is he refuting that if he's saying muh Martha makes sense?
>>
>>93309673
>Critics like the thing
>General audiences didn't like BvS
false

>General audiences like Transformers 4
>Critics didn't like BvS
true

apply yourself
>>
>>93311529
What part of that is wrong?
>>
>>93311499
>it would be really easy for him to shoot the tires out or have the batplane spread smoke.

And then have them crash horribly to a concrete wall, dying in the process.

>but you can easily have the grenade kicked or thrown out of harms way.

There are unconscious people everywhere in the room, someone was going to die as a result, regardless of where it was deflected.
>>
>>93311570
Why are you acting like these scenes are dictated by real-life, realistic, predictable rules and now just whatever the director/screenwriter wants to happen?
>>
>>93311564
the thing was trashed by critics upon release, it was a similar situation to BvS in the fact its hate became popular culture. Even the director of the original Thing trashed Carpenter's version (without having seen it of course).

Also notably similar to The Thing, is the fact that in spite of critical malice, general audiences did indeed like the film, be it theatrical or UC.

Audiences like the Transformers films as they provide a good cinema experience and critics disliked the theatrical cut of BvS, as it is admittedly terrible.
>>
>>93311584
Are you really convinced age will redeem BvS? Based on what, other than "it happened a couple of times"? And that's ignoring the fact that BvS is criticized structurally, not just because some found it depressing
>>
>>93311624

People were already saying the Ultimate cut redeemed the movie right after it was first released. Time and retrospection will prove that BvS was a movie critics wanted to hate from the start. Just the fact that we're still talking about it proves it has more longetivity, quality and gravitas than people were willing to give it credit for.
>>
>>93311624
I don't see where i said that, did you reply to the wrong person?

All i said was that similarly to The Thing, in spite of critical venom, plenty of the audience still likes the product. Simple as.
>>
>>93311624

Not that anon, but the reason why I think it will be viewed favorably in the future is because a big part of the reason why critics don't like it (as opposed to audiences) will be irrelevant 10 or 15 years from now.

The people who like it will still like it many years from now. Because of its visuals and because of it's earnest and attempted philosophisation on heroism. Whether it succeeds or not doesn't matter as much as what it attempts to do.
>>
>>93311664
My bad! Sorry

But that's the thing, people actually think that way, see
>>93311662
>>93311670
Why did the critics want to hate it, again?
>>
>>93308757
>But it has 63% on rotten tomatoes which means that based on the only real sample we have, over half the people who saw it liked it. Also pic related.

No it doesn't.

>Also it was like the 6th highest grossing movie of that year.

And Transformers is like the highest grossing movie whenever it comes out.
>>
>>93311677
>Why did the critics want to hate it, again?

Basically
>Superhero movies aren't suppose to be dark, they're meant to be FUN!
>Why isn't it like Marvel?
>I thought this was a kids movie!

Like with MoS, rather than judging on its own merits they came to with preconceived notions of what kind of a movie it should be and then complained when it didn't meet those expectations.
>>
>>93311677

Critics wanted to hate it because the film ultimately attacks masculinity. It makes them uncomfortable.
>>
>>93311688
>>93311693

*blocks your RT score*
>>
>>93311693

I should further this. It attacks masculinity in a way which highlights masculinity and seems to exalt masculinity, while the film itself is ultimately very subversive towards masculinity by showing that two men are unmanned by their mother and can only truly work together with the presence/guidance of a woman.
>>
>>93311696

Logan doesn't attack masculinity. So it doesn't make critics uncomfortable.
>>
>>93311696

People went in expecting Wolverine movie where he's cutting people up in graphic fashion with razor sharp claws because Wolverine in the movie has always been a homicidal angry guy snikting bubs, and there's always been a consensus that censorship has always kinda limited the portrayal of the character (see the Wolverine and it's PG-13 cut). They got what they wanted from Logan.

People went into BvS expecting it to be a kid friendly Saturday morning cartoon and then were pissed when it turned out to be a darker and deeper movie rather than goofy mild misunderstanding makes them fight and then we get a POWER OF FRIENDSHIP handshake.
>>
>>93311730
Oh yeah, because "do you bleed? You will" totally gives Saturday morning cartoon vibes

People went in both expecting a good movie. They got it in one of the two
>>
>>93311765
Plus the retarded way they made peace and Doomsday in general were already Saturday morning cartoon tier
>>
>>93311730

>People went into BvS expecting it to be a kid friendly Saturday morning cartoon and then were pissed when it turned out to be a darker and deeper movie rather than goofy mild misunderstanding makes them fight and then we get a POWER OF FRIENDSHIP handshake.

Where did this absurd idea that critics are unable to handle something that isn't exactly what their preconceived notions were?

II'd never seen this criticism before BvS, it's almost like it's an excuse to handwave every single complaint under a blanket statement to make yourself sound "enlightened" by comparison.
>>
>>93311841
>Where did this absurd idea that critics are unable to handle something that isn't exactly what their preconceived notions were?

Just from watching people crying about how MoS was'nt their childhood 70s Chris Reeves Superman. Like, that movie had one or two issues but not muh Silver Age Superman wasn't one of them.
>>
>>93311841
Don't you know? Critics HATE defiance of expectations. That's why they shat so much on CW ending with two friends beating the crap out of each other instead of fighting a faceless army of goons together, or a giant cave troll
>>
>>93311677
Its good, im not sure critics wanted to hate it, so much as the theatrical cut was plainly bad
>>
>>93311874

>Just from watching people crying about how MoS was'nt their childhood 70s Chris Reeves Superman

A small group of critics are not ALL of the critics.

This is like those people who parrot that dumb "Suicide Squad is the Trump of movies" article and pretend that was every critic, oh and if you dare to disagree you're a shill or a critic in disguise.
>>
>>93311874
I remember this argument, you people used to say every single critic was biased and crying about muh Donner, prompting me to check the reviews only to find out an handful of them even mentioned it at all, prompting the MoS-fags to cry about how "they didn't SAY it but they MEANT it!!1!"
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.