[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are they gonna fuck off back to their own timeline? I dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

When are they gonna fuck off back to their own timeline? I dont hate them but this gimmick has gone on far enough.
>>
>>93305933

pretty sure they are here to stay sadly.
>>
>>93305933
They can't because they got "replaced" in the past.
>>
Didn't it already say they're from a different universe or something that doesn't exist anymore?
>>
File: seriously jean is evil rightl.jpg (42KB, 487x119px) Image search: [Google]
seriously jean is evil rightl.jpg
42KB, 487x119px
>>93305933
>>
Has it been explained what they are yet? Is everyone going to ignore the walking time paradoxes?
>>
>>93305986
with every day I become more certain that Jean Grey was a mistake
>>
File: Bastion.jpg (28KB, 226x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bastion.jpg
28KB, 226x250px
>>93305950

I have a plan to deal with that, trust me, anons.
>>
>>93305956
>>93305965

So what? Conjure up another timeline or dimension where they'll magically fit in, and dump them their.

Fuck, make it a sepeate book to see if theyre even wanted enough to make money off of.

Otherwise just delete them.
>>
>>93305933
I do not hate them. Makes it confusing to talk about the XMen now when you are dealing with characters with two identities. I kind of dig what they have been doing with Beast and magic (another science). That is the only thing that has been really interesting to me thus far. Especially since th OG Beast has been such a bitch the last few years.

I say either kill the originals with doubles or vice versa. Kill this Iceman, kill OG Beast, Kill our Warren and then be done with it.
>>
>>93305933
They don't have a "their own timeline" to go back to. The timeline fixed itself by re-inserting the O5 X-men as if they never left to avoid a paradox, so now they're just a team of time anomalies with no home.
>>
>>93306008
doomed time clones
if you'd read homestuck that's all the explanation you need
>>
>>93306042
I take it you didn't read his most recent appearance in X-men: Blue? Because Bastion is a good guy now.
>>
>>93306319
>Make Mutant Great Again
>so that I can once more drive them to the brink of extinction
>and then MAKE MUTANTS GREAT AGAIN

what a guy
>>
Just have them merge with their other halves like Superman did
>>
File: 1483538191205.jpg (806KB, 1979x1487px) Image search: [Google]
1483538191205.jpg
806KB, 1979x1487px
>Scott really wants to just 'let go'
>Jean is a mindraping, petty fucktard
>Angel burns with unholy space flames and loves it
>Hank has a growing magic addiction
>Bobby will do literally anything for some dick, no matter how stupid
>they're secretly working for Magneto

If I take everything written by Bends in broad strokes, they're actually kinda likable in an Abradolf Lincler kind of way
>>
File: 1355017-uxm_v1_001_01.jpg (177KB, 862x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1355017-uxm_v1_001_01.jpg
177KB, 862x1280px
>>93305933
>Bring the 05 to the future
>Don't even keep their sweet retro 60s outfits
Can MArvel do anything right? Although I would down for the 05 to go back and for there to be 60s style art and writing in their own series
>>
>>93306318

Isn't that the plot to Bender's Big Score?
>>
>>93305933
>The gay guy looks like he is naked and dickless

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>93307319
Bendis knows he's supposed to like the gays, but they scare him, so he made the X-Man he liked the least a gay and emasculated him as much as possible
>>
When they do another "AGE OF X" in where they squeeze one last storyline of them being dropped in a timeline where X-Men don't exist and the five of them have to save their new home and make new X-Men and have Cyclops cucked one last time.
>>
>>93305950
Fuckin' Bendis
>>
>>93306259
>Kill this Iceman
Which Iceman is the heterosexual one?
>>
>>93308582
neither thanks to Bendis
>>
>>93307354
>>93308582
>>93308594
lol
I ain't even mad.
Nah I'm fucking mad. I'm way fucking mad
>>
God the arts terrible, why is Scott drawn like a midget if he's supposed to be out front
Perspective isn't that hard
>>
>>93308682
Give him a break. Can't you see he's still coping with all his fingers being replaced with thumbs?
>>
>>93308644

>Nah I'm fucking mad. I'm way fucking mad

That a comic book character likes to tongue peepees? Hell, I'm mad too!
>>
>>93306259
But then we will never get the real Cyclops back and the teen one is a little bitch. They need to go.

Ideally though they would kill teen Scott and bring back Rightclops, kill either Bobby because they are both fags doesn't matter, kill adult Beast because he's a piece of shit, I don't like Jean but if they really want one fine keep teen Jean and have both Warrens seeing as Archangel is now a completely different character.
>>
>>93308787
That atrocious Ramos art.
>>
Marvel's doing their meta thing again.
And there's infinite story potential in it.
That means they're here to stay.

The "gimmick" ... or "STORY" is the reality that after 50 years of stories these ARE NOT the same characters as were introduced in the '60s.

The best example of this is the character who had changed the least: Iceman.
Adult Bobby was a life-failure who could never mature because he could never accept himself.
Teen Bobby was emotionally identical to Adult Bobby in every way - a confused man-child who doesn't know who he is and pretends he does ... that is to say, a typical teenager. Not nearly as pathetic at that age.
But now that he's taken that one big step towards personal growth the teenager is a What-if version of Iceman who has the potential to become much cooler than a middle-aged closet-case.
And /pol/ shitposting this board with the same question over and over again doesn't change that.
It's the same "gimmick" ... or "STORY" with all of them: an Angel that hasn't damned himself, a Beast who can still hold on to his humanity, a Jean who won't be destroyed by powers beyond her understanding.

And if that's not enough to see the story potential in, let me remind you that we're getting a Phoenix vs. Phoenix fight from this STORY.
>>
File: A_Guarded_Heart_1461009945555.jpg (102KB, 436x412px) Image search: [Google]
A_Guarded_Heart_1461009945555.jpg
102KB, 436x412px
>>93308869
The "real" Cyclops?
I've got news for you buddy: the "real" Cyclops was worse than today's Teenclops.
>>
It haven't read any marvel comics post-Secret Wars because I simply lost interest due to SJWshit

Amazing they're still there
>>
I'm just mad that nobody in-universe seems to care about the walking time paaradoxes. At first people were like "What the fuck Beast? You can't just mess with the timeline like this!" but now nobody cares not even Beast who caused this problem.
>>
>>93305933
When is Old Man Logan gonna fuck off to his own timeline? I want the original bub back.
>>
>>93311773
Its not really a paradox, they are from an alternate reality and even if they werent to bring them into 616 would have created a divergent timeline regardless.
Thats how it always worked so to avoid paradoxes.
>>
Why can't they be shipped off to Counter Earth? Didn't Jolt just recently got back from there in the last Thunderbolts run?
>>
>>93306839
Thanks to sliding timeline the O5's "past" is around 2004
>>
>>93312081
That's what should happen, but they're often treated like they came from the 60s.
>>
It's the new editorial solution to timeline stasis. Let the originals get old and fuck off. Bring in young replacements from a parallel universe. Tada, problem solved.
>>
>>93305933
In the next "universe is fucking us and we're reverse fucking it" event.
>>
>>93312081
The sliding timeline was always fucking stupid, it means the last 15 years contain far too many events to actually fit in just 15 years. Should've been dropped decades ago.
>>
>>93306008
>Walking Paradoxes
That's not really new to X-Men. Cable and Spiral are walking paradoxes.
>>
>>93306471
Beat going into Magic is okay, Angel im okay with. And with the events of Dark Mirior I fint the negative reprecusions of Tyclopse new persona at least explained. (dont like them) Jean has alwas been a mind rapping bitch face. Bobby...Well any oldfags here know there was always talk at the old Cons about him being gay. Although they just decided not to do that. All and all, time moves on. Till the next multiverse implosion and reboot.

>typed like shit, too hungover for this.
>>
>>93305933
They are never, ever going back.

Get the fuck over it already.
>>
>>93305933
You, me, and everyone that works at Marvel is mostly ignoring them and hoping everyone will forget
>>
>>93309256
He got with a hot blonde dominatrix and became Riight.
>>
>>93306319

>Implying he wasn't always the hero.
>>
>>93305933
NEVER
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.