[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: war of kings issue 3 002.jpg (317KB, 661x975px) Image search: [Google]
war of kings issue 3 002.jpg
317KB, 661x975px
What do we have to do to reach DnA level cosmic greatness? Appreciation/discussion
>>
>>93305910
>greatness
This is what DnAfags ACTUALLY believe. Talk about one of the most overrated runs of all time.
>>
>>93306383
The War of Kings and all it's accompanying titles were much, much better than Marvel's garbage cosmic in recent years
>>
>>93305910
Push Carol more.
>>
The current tone of Guardians and Ewings titles doesn't really allow for a giant long term collaboration story like this
>>
>>93306529
I don't know if it's possible for her to be pushed even more
>>
>>93305910
cosmic marvel now feels so small. they don't really want to use characters outside of the movies.
>>
>>93306509
>inhumans shilling
>good
lmao
>>
>>93305910
I think what made Marvel Cosmic really interesting was how weird and out there and unique it was from the main Marvel universe. All of that pretty much came about because it wasn't that much of a priority for Editors to try and control so it allowed the writers to go crazy with it which gave us a bunch of good shit in the 70's and 80's especially with Starlin.

Then when Annihilation came about Giffen just got a bunch of c-list literally who characters and reinvented them, then DnA came in and Abnett being a writer who was doing mostly 2000AD and 40K stuff at the time kind of brought a new feel to Marvel Cosmic.

What killed Cosmic is Marvel Studios wanting to do a GotG movie and it killed it because Marvel Entertainment wanted to ride the hype and they got their "Superstar writer" Bendis to launch the comic and Bendis was just so fucking uninspired and gave a shit and he fucking shat all over the comic.

Cosmic is pretty much dead because they won't experiment with it and Marvel Entertainment is just shitty.

>>93306934
Duggan mentioned in his last AMA that he was talked with Ewing about the cosmic titles but he didn't go on detail.

What gets me about Duggan is that he wrote a pretty solid Cosmic story in Secret Wars: Infinity Gauntlet and GotG #3 was interesting so he can write decent Cosmic but for some dumb reason he just lays it heavy on the humor and tries to be like the movies.His Peter Quill was rogueish but bearable in Infinity Gauntlet and in his GotG run he seems a bit more like a poor attempt at Pratt-Lord.

>>93307927
It wasn't Inhumans shilling back then fuckface, because Marvel didn't give much of a fuck about them, that's why they were in Cosmic Marvel.
>>
>>93307927
>inhumans shilling
>10 years ago
kys
>>
>>93308023
dna realy make me feel like a kid reading their comics just good fun and adventures plus the characterisation was good
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.