[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for Nickfags, which era of Nick did you grow up in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: NickelodeonLogo85-09.png (42KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
NickelodeonLogo85-09.png
42KB, 400x285px
Question for Nickfags, which era of Nick did you grow up in?

1979-1990 The early very obscure years
1991-1997 the golden age
1998-2005 the silver age
2006-2009 the bronze age
2009-present the modern age
>>
They can't have been that obscure, Nickelodeon Studios opened in 1990
>>
>>93305352
But 1991 was when Nick really became known due to the Nicktoons coming out that year
>>
>>93305383
And yet they were still vulnerable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQT3bQyNnHU

They were powerless without their precious Yogi Bear reruns
>>
>>93305313
Should the bronze age and the silver age be the same?

2006 - 2009 was still airing constant Neutron, Spongebob, FOP, Chalkzone reruns
>>
>>93305617
No because 2006 was when Cyma zarghami took over Nick. There was a clear shift when Avatar started getting treated badly, and shows like Naked Brothers Band, Back to the Barnyard, Mighty B, Wayside, etc. started coming in.

I'm talking about the U.S. though, maybe silver age nick lasted longer in the UK or something.
>>
>>93305617
I feel like the "Silver Age" should start in 1999, when SpongeBob premiered
>>
>>93305696
I would argue for 1998 because that's when the Rugrats movie came out, starting the post-Dil era of Rugrats. It's also when shows like Wild Thornberrys and Catdog started coming in, which many long-time viewers felt were just not very good compared to the early-mid 90s shows.
>>
>>93305724
It's a tough one

I said SpongeBob because of that show's sheer impact...maybe 1997-1999 could be the "Laurels Era"?
>>
>>93305751
I think 97 belongs with the golden age and not Laurels because it's when the Angry beavers came out. And according to the older Nick viewers i've talked to, Angry beavers was the last good show they ever made.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.