[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's been a few years: Was Cyborg becoming a member

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Cyborg.jpg (1MB, 1500x2277px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg.jpg
1MB, 1500x2277px
Now that it's been a few years: Was Cyborg becoming a member of the Justice League a good idea? If not, who should have been in his place?
>>
>>93302369
Did people really enjoy Cyborg in Teen Titans?

And did people REALLY enjoy MMH on the League?

Because Vic was almost always drywall compared to the other Titans, and MMH was drywall compared to the other JL members desu
>>
>>93302404
Also Vic sucks in general

TT cartoon and TTG are the only enjoyable versions of him though I get why he can't be like that on the JL
>>
>>93302369
I liked the idea at first but it should have led to him forming/joining the Teen Titans, which would be like a legacy League with Cyborg as their Superman
>>
>>93302369
Vixen for another woman
Steel as another black male and tech role
Hawkman who's reincarnated as a black man
Martian Manhunter
>>
showers
>>
>>93302429
>TTG
No
>>
>>93302510
Vixen being a core member I can get behind, as I highly prefer magical characters to tech-based ones, and she's sexy as fuck.
>>
>>93302429
Cyborg was the best character on the original TT cartoon
The final fight between him and Atlas in Only Human is my fondest memory of it
>>
>>93302369
always felt like a forced diversity hire. he works better on the titans. I always liked when he was real cyborg and not some glorified motherbox.
>>
>>93302369
I don't mind him becoming a member eventually. But having by a founding member and the same age as some of the other founders is fucking stupid.
>>
>>93302369
Nah. He was only in there for movie synergy. DC should've kept J'onn, or put in someone from the JSA. Or maybe a Satellite Era JLAer, like Atom or Firestorm.
>>
>>93302530
Yes. Its given Vic more personality than his decades in comics.
>>
>>93302369

Terrible idea. Hasn't worked. Promoting him up would have been fine, but as a founder he doesn't fit and has no personality.

In his place, Martian Manhunter. Fuck it, it works, stick with the classics. Granted, that would require an origin story not ghost written by Lee.
>>
File: cyborg.jpg (150KB, 736x1117px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.jpg
150KB, 736x1117px
>>93302369
I don't hate it but they could have done more to it feel better and like he really belongs in the League. They should have gave him to a strong creative team with a vision for his solo book and done more with him on the team than be the token black and the IT department. his bromance with Shazam was fine but Shazam is MIA now.
>>
It makes sense in terms of strategic thinking. You WANT someone that can adapt to the crazy technology the villains you fight often throw at you. Even more so if it's New God tech. That being said, I wish they'd go beyond the whole ghost in the shell complex. He's a former football player who's suddenly fighting space demons next to a god of war and Top Gun at a rave. Let him have some fun every now and then.
>>
>>93302844
How would a MM work in movies?
I mean they would use as much CGI on him as they already do on Cyborg.
Or do they use more make-up ala Killer Croc
>>
>>93302369
Nope. Nothing against Vic, guy has potential, but his place as a founding Justice League member is still forced and premature. The guy has next to no solo material in the grand scheme of things, and the only noteworthy villain he has is Grid. About half his stories revolve around him dealing with either his father or his condition. I like his interactions with The Metal Men, but again Vic needs more time. Hes basically a diversity hire, and so Johns can still have Hal as the teams Green Lantern instead of Stewart. Which I dont see the point of considering Hal has fucked off to space and Baz/Jess are filling in as rookies
>>
>>93302369
Mr terrific,Black Bolt,Static and Vixen are all better black superheroes this Robocop rip off
>>
>>93302882
Having Vic being half Mother Box just seems lazy to me. The most powerful computer in the universe basically gives Cyborg dues ex machina for nearly everything
>>
>>93302404
Wtf are you talking about Cyborg was the best TT character.
>>
If you didn't a black character they should have picked Static because he actually had a decent cast of characters. Cyborg was a horrible idea. Oh or they could have had Black Wally replace Barry and have him join the JL.
>>
>>93302919

He works fine in Supergirl. I wish they would at least handwave him always being in human form by explaining it as something like martians can change their default form over time, and his human form is easier and more natural for him to maintain now than his martian one.
>>
>>93303007
Static was supposed to be DC spiderman, he's supposed to be younger and work alone.
>>
>>93303007
>Oh or they could have had Black Wally replace Barry and have him join the JL.
But no, Barry tho
>>
>>93303007
Probably didn't plan for Black Wally
>>
>>93302959
They've literally had an actual angel and an immortal rubber man as part of their roster. The JLA fights city-level crime on occasion, but they've always been formed as a last line of defense against armageddon. People often take for granted that they're meant to be the most powerful beings in the galaxy. Even Batman is sort of played up as humanity at it's near full potential.
Having Vic JUST be a cyborg would kinda downplay things, especially in a world where you can throw a rock at a crowd and hit someone with cybernetic upgrades.
>>
>>93303007
Black wally should get a name change or something
>>
>>93303183
>an immortal rubber man
Plastic man is one of those characters that are waaaaay more powerful that they're supposed to be
>>
>>93303183
Yeah but when you have him hack the problem away, transform into whatever, and able to boom tube nearly anywhere it gets kind of boring. But I get what you're saying
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.