[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain how this fucker is the mascot of every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0844.jpg (114KB, 455x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
114KB, 455x640px
Can anyone explain how this fucker is the mascot of every single construction company in America.
>>
>>93296362
A mafia mob boss liked his shorts so he put him as the mascot for a lot of the illegal construction rackets at the time, and it just stuck
>>
>>93296687
Is this real?
>>
>>93298740
No.

>>93296687
>>93296362
William W. Boeschenstein (who died earlier this year) ran Owens-Corning, manufacturer of PINK-brand insulation, which licensed the Pink Panther (from.. I actually don't know but I'm assuming MGM) as "mascot". It's really there as a brand deal; far from being a mafioso, he was a quiet, publicity-shy businessman who grew the company his father had founded by about 500% during his own tenure to annual sales of about $3 billion. He ran a pretty clean business (obviously there would have been contact with organized crime in the construction industry in that period, but that doesn't mean he was a gangster). Owens-Corning manufacture modern fiberglass shingles and led the transition from traditional wood-based shingles under Boeschenstein, among other products.

Far from being a fan, Boeschenstein claimed in 2013 not to have had any idea who the character was when they licensed him.

There's a pretty fair obituary of him here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/toledoblade/obituary.aspx?n=William-W-Boeschenstein-Bill&pid=184271194
>>
>>93298973
But I see him on every construction company truck. Do they get to use the character just because they use PINK insulation?
>>
>>93300088
Fun answer: that's the Gay Mafia. They're installing homosexuals into every home and workplace in America to further their sinister agenda.

Actual answer: they send out stickers with the orders, same as every other supplier with a brand reputation to maintain. It's a form of in-industry advertising - like how Coke continues to advertise to its existing customers, even though literally everybody knows it exists and is better than Pepsi.

What happens is you put the sticker on your truck for whatever reason, and it reminds you and others to order PINK. It's not even every truck, it's just that you've seen it so much you assume it must be.

Plus he's kind of cool. Everybody knows him and he's never been involved in any major scandals like Snapperman or Batrape.
>>
File: tumblr_md0clf8FEK1rsvtbb.jpg (36KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md0clf8FEK1rsvtbb.jpg
36KB, 400x333px
>>93296362
"seriously, i'm as pissed off! why a pink, anorexic panther?? i'm as confused as you are.
>>
>>93298973
>>93300453
t. mafioso underlings paid to shill by the don himself

get outta here, mario
>>
>>93298973
I lived in Toledo most of my entire life and I didn't know any of that. Know a bunch of other Toledo history though. Thanks for the info
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.