[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single issues or trade? I like trade cause it's easier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: trade-or-single-issue-comics.jpg (292KB, 1280x400px) Image search: [Google]
trade-or-single-issue-comics.jpg
292KB, 1280x400px
Single issues or trade?
I like trade cause it's easier to put of shelves, and looks nice. But I feel like single issues help the company/series more. Which do you do?
>>
Prefer trades, but buy singles due to impatience and cause their.sales companies still focus on to continue small time runs.
>>
It depends. I hate gutter loss a lot, but I also like having several issues at once. Digital isn't as good as either of them to me either since it's not true ownership for licensed shit.

And yeah singles are the best thing for the company, but consumer choice should not be based on that. They are supposed to cater to you not the other way around. You shouldn't let that be the main thing that dictates how you spend your money. If early cancellation bothers you enough then get the floppies but don't do it if you don't actively want floppies on their own.
>>
Depends on the series. I'll tradewait most miniseries, but pull any ongoings/maxis to keep it going or if I don't wanna wait to read it.
>>
>>93293436
>>93293393
>>93293300
How do you guys store your single issues?
>>
>>93293465
ironically Amazon boxes that I get my trades in, my LCS gives me bags and boards but you can get those online if you need them
>>
>>93293465
In a cardboard box that's the same shape as a longbox but less sturdy. It's probably gonna burst.

I've a bigger stack of misc and random issues buried away in my bedroom wardrobe.
>>
>>93293497
I'll add that my dad uses a binder for his and has the comics in sheet covers. I actually like that idea since you could store full series on a shelf like that but I'm too lazy right now to organize.
>>
Singles if it's viable. Series where the floppies are super expensive (1982 Wolverine miniseries) I buy the trade
>>
File: KoF.jpg (106KB, 666x912px) Image search: [Google]
KoF.jpg
106KB, 666x912px
>>93292860
As a kid I was all about the floppies, after returning to comics post-university I started collecting trades. Now though I've gone even further and runwait series. I've got a few series I read trade by trade still, but mostly I'll just wait until something is over and out before trying it, whether that be six months or six years.
>>
Is the series over?
Trades
Is the series successful and A-List?
Trades
Is the series obscure and prone to any sudden death right now?
Floppies, spread it via word of mouth, and donate trades to the library to get it more known
>>
>>93292860
I prefer trades, but in order for a comic to not get canceled it has to sell single issues. It's a catch 22.
>>
>>93295266
this. I only by floppies for indi books and stuff that might get cancelled.
>>
All of the above.

I keep a dedicated pull list for floppies, especially for books I want to support that would really need it (this still often fails). I will buy and re-buy books in trade, either stuff I'd like for easy re-read or stuff that I wanted that I didn't get as floppies. I also buy hardcovers/omnis for some series.

>>93293465
The old fashioned way. Bags, boards, longboxes. I have far too many to even try to put on a shelf.
>>
Readcomiconline
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.