[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does anybody care about any X-Man other than Wolverine, he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: wolverine.smile_.jpg (203KB, 440x230px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine.smile_.jpg
203KB, 440x230px
Why does anybody care about any X-Man other than Wolverine, he's the only interesting one who mixes well with the rest of the Marvel universe. The rest are just boy band archetypes
>>
>>93290801
Because muuuh movies. Same way no one cared about Bucky before the Captain America movies but is now ranking on the top five of Marvel characters.
>>
>>93290801
I wouldn't say he's the only one anyone cares about or who works well with others to the extreme you are, but I will say his robust background, skills and talents helps him stay malleable yet his simple powers and everyday behavior makes it easy to just write him straight too.

With other characters you have to be mindful of a bunch of stuff that probably doesn't always gel with a writer or reader.
>>
>>93290801
Go to bed, Ike. The Inhumans will never be as popular as the X-Men.
>>
>>93290843
No they won't be, and the X-Men wouldn't be shit without Wolverine, the only one who matters
>>
>>93290801
Spoken like a true casual.
>>
>>93291541
Name one X-Men character who is as interesting as Wolverine and explain how

You won't
>>
>>93291641
>Name one X-Men character who is as interesting as Wolverine
Charles Xavier
>and explain how
See; the entirety of X-Men properties
>>
the only good X-Man is Chamber
>>
>93290801 (OP)
(You)
>>
>>93290801
He's the worst member of the team and has been for ages. When was he last good? The Brood Saga? That's a long fucking time ago
>>
>>93291641
Maggott.
Completely unique powerset unluke wilverine who has the second most generic powers.
>>
>>93290801
He's a boy band archetype too. He's the "tough at first but sweet once you get to know him" one.
>>
>>93290801
I'm just going to leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHArmhIAPBE
>>
>>93290801
Wolverine is cancer. Pure cancer.
also
>2016+1
>still liking wolverine
Le kek
>>
>>93291641
Stacy X
She is a prostitute
>>
>>93290801
Who cares. He has had his time in the sun. Logan means he isn't going to get a recast for at least 10-15 years minimum. X-23 can fill in angry blade healing person.
>>
>>93292122
>Aggressively regenerating cells
I mean you're not wrong
>>
>>93291939
>When was he last good?

Wolverine and the X-Man
>>
>>93290801
Storm > Wolverine.
>>
>>93290801
>boy band archetypes
>Beast
what kind of a boy band has a furry scientist
>>
>>93293421
>Jason Aaron x-men
HAHA no
>>
>>93293594
It's the best X-Man book this decade prove me wrong
>>
>>93291497
This is bullshit, the X-men were one of Marvel's biggest earliest properties.
>>
>>93291939
He was pretty good in the OML on-going, at least until the Past Days arc.
>>
>>93294010
ok yeah, OML is good but >>93293859 is full of shit
>>
>>93293450
I think Backstreet had a werewolf.
>>
>>93294111
Name 1 better X book this decade
>>
File: X-men Art Jam.jpg (874KB, 1200x911px) Image search: [Google]
X-men Art Jam.jpg
874KB, 1200x911px
>>93290801
>t. Fox Executive
The X-Men by nature is a team. To put the focus on any one member completely defeats the purpose. That said, there are plenty of characters throughout the franchise's dense history who are MUCH more deserving of being the poster child than Wolverine.

Like Nightcrawler.
>>
>>93290801
Where do you live, OP?
>>
File: x-force.jpg (41KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
x-force.jpg
41KB, 324x499px
>>93294343
>remender's was over a decade old
damn

Well pic related then
>>
>>93293859
While much shorter lived than Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men, Kieran Gillen's Uncanny vol. 2 was far superior.
>>
Can anyone actually explain Magneto's powers? If I understand right and he actually has full control over the fundamental force of magnetism, wouldn't he be the most powerful mutant by far?
>>
>>93294616
Essentially, yeah. Although he's still classified as an Alpha-level, instead of an Omega like all the other Mutants who can channel the elements.
>>
>>93290801

When I was in San Diego, I was at this bookstore, I think it was called Bookoff or something like that, it could've been another bookstore. Anyway, I was there to buy cheap books and I wanted to get my hands on some volumes of Marvel comics. I went through the Ultimate and maybe the Astonishing X-Men collections/volumes. Wolverine is on all the fucking covers. So I didn't buy any X-Men books. I hate Wolverine.
>>
>>93294488
>>93294566
No
>>
>>93293594
WatX played to both Aaron's and the X-Men's strengths. If it hadn't been interrupted by two shitty events it would have become the modern starting point for reading x-men.
>>
>>93296692
go away Aaron, no one buys your books anymore
>>
>>93296799
He's going to have a top five, probably #1, book whenever legacy drops.
>>
File: x-men-251.png (1MB, 644x970px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-251.png
1MB, 644x970px
>>93291939
>When was he last good? The Brood Saga?
Nah he was great in the Outback era, especially when they first introduce Jubilee and Lady Deathstrike
>>
>>93293882
Not early. The X-men were almost cancelled during their first run, but they did get a shot in the arm and became Marvel's most popular brand for many years.
>>
>>93294616
Science dictates Magneto should be far more powerful than he actually is depicted as in the comics. Magnetism is a mere byproduct of a much greater fundamental force.
>>
>>93297575
I hope they let Magneto stay dead next time he dies. His powers are fucky thanks to the transition from early goofy marvel to modern marvel. Plus his and Prof X's storyline works so much better if they just let them die off instead of time shifting it forward. Prof X isn't even that practical of a team character anymore now that cellphones exist.
>>
>>93297836
Maybe if Rightclops was still alive but they can't kill Magneto with Charles, real Scott and real Logan dead.

Well they can but they shouldn't.
>>
>>93298071
I suspect they'll create a new pairing, probably Quinton and someone else new like Idie or Genesis, so they can completely freeze the originals in real time while maintaining a duality of opinion on how to go forward with things.
>>
>>93297575
>Magnetism is a mere byproduct of a much greater fundamental force.
you mean electo-magnatism? well yeah, he can create energy by spinning the magnetic field. That's not an issue, but originally he had mind reading powers cause he could sense how the electodynamics of your brain worked.
>>
>>93294343
X-men Legacy
Si's X-force
>>
>>93291641
Nightcrawler.
He's blue, charming and religious without being fanatic.
>>
>>93294437
Or Colossus
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.