[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently Image recently did a two volue deluxe HC release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Crusades.jpg (316KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Crusades.jpg
316KB, 1200x1600px
So apparently Image recently did a two volue deluxe HC release for the 00s Vertigo series "Crusades", collecting the entire series.

I remember the series when it first came out and bought it because I liked Steve Seagle's Alpha Flight and X-Men run, plus the premise (Crusader Knight in post-911 NYC) was pretty interesting.

I ended up bailing after like five issues, because it was a complete joke.

The knight did nothing but kill random muggers and mobsters and had ZERO personality and portrayed more or less like a glorified vigilante slasher with no personality or backstory.

The bulk of the series revolved around Italian mobsters shitting their pants that there was a vigilante killing their underlings, a young Howard Stern rip-off who did nothing but be an asshole to people, and the Howard Stern rip-off's assistant, who was a rip-off of Strangers In Paradise's Francine in that she constantly spent all of her time getting crapped on by her boss and wondering why she can't land a husband.

Did the series ever fucking stop dicking around and have an actual point? Do they ever reveal shit about the knight and what he was doing in the present? Or he was a Punisher-wannabe cosplaying as a knight? Did they ever fucking pay off the whole plot point of the title (IE that the knight was from the freaking Crusades against Islam occupying the Holy Land of Jerusalem?
>>
I don't think they ever paid off the check the premise promised.

It was more or less a book about people reacting to the medieval knight going around killing mobsters, than anything else.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.