[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1st issue is about White supremacists (who have a Confederate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Nighthawk NOW.jpg (100KB, 575x301px) Image search: [Google]
Nighthawk NOW.jpg
100KB, 575x301px
>1st issue is about White supremacists (who have a Confederate flag to signal that they're Nazis) while notZimmerman is on trial
>2nd issue features notBLM protesting
>endless quippage (none by Nighthawk himself, fortunately)
>endless references (1st issue referenced Thunderball, Oldboy, and David Fincher)
>random quirky Black supergenius tech-girl boss with tumblr haircut

How did Marvel manage to fuck up Nighthawk?
>>
>>93258789
>Reading further into issue 2
>villain talks about making America great again and stopping illegal immigration

Current Marvel was a mistake.
>>
>>93258789
Though one of the main villains was a Yahwen ben Yahweh-style "KILL ALL OF THE WHITE DEVILS!" psychotic who I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to sympathize with, given that his victims included a child and random first responders.
>>
So is it bad or are you angry at the subject matter?
>>
>endless references (1st issue referenced Thunderball, Oldboy, and David Fincher)
I blame Ennis for bringing this Tarantino-esque style to comics.
>>
>1st issue is about White supremacists (who have a Confederate flag to signal that they're Nazis) while notZimmerman is on trial
>2nd issue features notBLM protesting
These are exactly what I would expect out of a modern Marvel MAX Nighthawk.
>>
>>93260138
Both. The appeal of Nighthawk to me is that he is to an extent right but that at the same time he is biased and excessively brutal. He's a good "what if Batman was real" concept, with the answer being "he'd be really fucked up."
But when the sassy super-genius brain-behind-the-operation (which doesn't really make sense when you consider that Nighthawk is more obsessively secretive than Batman) starts quipping while Nighthawk is killing White supremacist it feels like some bizarre MCU shlock with extra gore and the word "nigger" bleeped out.

>>93260232
I think if it were MAX and had a better writer. Barring the art errors Supreme Power: Nighthawk was really good, or at least better than this crap.
>>
Marvel has a poison touch. They destroy anything they make atm.
Literally the only book worth reading is Old Man Logan.
Everything is ruined or born garbage.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.