[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the creator of Moral Orel wrote a comic recently called Trent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: MoralOrelTitle.jpg (8KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
MoralOrelTitle.jpg
8KB, 307x230px
So the creator of Moral Orel wrote a comic recently called Trent and I'm curious if anyone here heard of it.

Also, what went right with Moral Orel?
>>
>>93255611
It was the result of the creators wanting to address the unsatisfactory parts of their religious upbringing and deal with their resentments long held since childhood, but still wanting to love and forgive the parents and family they shared that unsatisfactory environment with, since they were born into unsatisfactory circumstances and trying to do their best too
>>
File: cover trent.png (770KB, 709x1116px) Image search: [Google]
cover trent.png
770KB, 709x1116px
>>
>>93255611
They managed to balance the darker elements of their show successfully with intelligent humor, rather than just screaming stupid improv.
>>
>>93255611
I tried pre-ordering it but international shipping would've cost me 100+ dollars
>>
>>93260082
huh
>>
>>93255611
I really enjoyed it. The characters didn't feel really believable, and yet they didn't feel entirely unbelievable. It was in this weird uncanny valley. Also, I really enjoy musicals.
>>
File: 59434678c2bbe555926996.gif (4MB, 495x331px) Image search: [Google]
59434678c2bbe555926996.gif
4MB, 495x331px
>>
>>93260164
oh i WONDER what show(s) anon could possibly be alluding to
>>
>>93260164
this

it's good writing that doesn't beat you over the head while standing on a soap box.
>>
>>93255611
It showed an innocent child being thrown to hypocritical adults then eventually getting his innocence lost
>>
File: Orel finds buddha.jpg (26KB, 634x399px) Image search: [Google]
Orel finds buddha.jpg
26KB, 634x399px
>>93255611
I think, among everything, the most impressive aspect to me of Moral Orel is how it poked at religion with tact and grace. The show's use of Orel himself as a kind, happy-go-lucky devout christian interacting with corrupt assholes who take part in the same faith illustrates that the people of Moralton aren't bad or stupid for believing in Christ, but for their own flaws. This opens the door for exploration of the concept of faith, how people apply it to their lives, and of course the dangers of focusing too hard on specific aspects of ones own faith.

I'm an atheist, but I actually think a sense of spirituality is pretty important, and I fucking hate it when the best satire people can throw towards Christianity is "Hurr Durr, they're so stupid, burning books they don't like! Get with the times, dumbass!", and the subsequent horde of faggots who take the same stance and judge people for being religious.

TL;DR It opposes religious extremes rather than religion itself. and Seth Mcfarlane is a hack
>>
>>93264735
Pretty much this. I also loved the progression of the show - starting out with Orel's hijinks and focusing mostly on him. In the second season they broadened the scope, looking at Orel's family life more and in the third season focusing on the whole town. Feels like Orel grew up between seasons and started to focus more and more on the society and the people around him rather than his own life and connection with faith.
>>
Did people forget that at the end Orel rises above his upbringing, keeps his faith, and becomes a good husband/father?

If Christianity = bad is all you got from the show, then you really missed the point.
>>
>>93264986
Anon, no one said any of that, calm down
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.